d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate >
Poll > How To Get To Heaven When You Die
Prev1353354355356357487Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 69.69
Warn: 30%
Feb 4 2023 08:13pm
Quote (CPK001 @ Feb 5 2023 11:44am)
Above all powers
Above all kings
Above all nature
And all created things
Above all wisdom
And all the ways of man
You were here
Before the world began

Jesus commands my destiny
No power of hell, no scheme of man
Can ever pluck me from His hand

You can spout unproven nonsense all day doesn't make it any more real. It's a saturated market out there, much cooler gods who were established thousands of years prior to Christianity.
Those gods already laid claim that they are true and only ones so jesus needs to get in line.

It's fascinating subject religion and what it does to the mind of certain individuals. You can literally copy the script from several books change a few names and magic powers wrap it around fortune cookie quotes and vagueness. Then proceed to charge people money for being members then collect tax exempt paychecks. What a wonderful business model.

Here is an interesting quote
"I love you so much that I’m going to hide my existence to the point that I will be indistinguishable from other gods, and if you follow the wrong god, you are going to suffer for eternity."

This post was edited by addone on Feb 4 2023 08:37pm
Gold: 31,100.00
Feb 4 2023 11:30pm
Quote (crosspawz @ Jan 12 2023 06:19am)
But there’s literally no evidence or proof that the Bible is gods words, you seem to be putting a lot of truth into something that has no fact

Here’s some inconsistency:

“… I have seen God face to face, and my life is preserved.” — Genesis 32:30

“No man hath seen God at any time…”– John 1:18

???

“… with God all things are possible.” — Matthew 19:26

“…The LORD was with Judah; and he drave out the inhabitants of the mountain; but could not drive out the inhabitants of the valley, because they had chariots of iron.” — Judges 1:19

???

“This is my covenant, which ye shall keep, between me and you and thy seed after thee; Every man child among you shall be circumcised.” — Genesis 17:10

“…if ye be circumcised, Christ shall profit you nothing.” — Galatians 5:2

???

“…he that goeth down to the grave shall come up no more. ” — Job 7:9

“…the hour is coming, in which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice, and shall come forth….” — John 5:28-29

???

Doesn’t make sense my friend, and don’t even get my started on Noah’s Ark..

Still waiting
Gold: 2,955.95
Warn: 10%
Feb 4 2023 11:46pm
Quote (crosspawz @ Feb 4 2023 09:30pm)
Still waiting

what page was that on?
Feb 5 2023 12:03am
Quote (crosspawz @ Feb 5 2023 06:30pm)
Still waiting

Be prepared to wait or some smug response like study the bible and you don't understand anything, or it's a metaphor, or random unrelated quote to distract you away. If you are lucky TiStuff will bring out the big guns and say it's alternative reality. :rofl:

This post was edited by addone on Feb 5 2023 12:04am
Feb 5 2023 12:05am
Quote (addone @ Feb 4 2023 10:03pm)
Be prepared to wait or some smug response like study the bible and you don't understand anything, or it's a metaphor, or random unrelated quote to distract you away. If you are lucky TiStuff will bring out the big guns and say it's alternative reality. :rofl:

im betting already answered him and hes playing play pretend like u do
Feb 5 2023 01:22am
Quote (TiStuff @ Feb 5 2023 07:05pm)
im betting already answered him and hes playing play pretend like u do

Sure you have. While you are scrambling Google for answers why don't you try this one

Leviticus 21
16 The Lord said to Moses, 17 “Say to Aaron: ‘For the generations to come none of your descendants who has a defect may come near to offer the food of his God. 18 No man who has any defect may come near: no man who is blind or lame, disfigured or deformed; 19 no man with a crippled foot or hand, 20 or who is a hunchback or a dwarf, or who has any eye defect, or who has festering or running sores or damaged testicles. 21 No descendant of Aaron the priest who has any defect is to come near to present the food offerings to the Lord. He has a defect; he must not come near to offer the food of his God. 22 He may eat the most holy food of his God, as well as the holy food; 23 yet because of his defect, he must not go near the curtain or approach the altar, and so desecrate my sanctuary. I am the Lord who makes them holy.’”

So if you happen to have a condition or some deformity you not allowed in church or to pray because you will desecrate god's "sanctuary" a little bit ironic especially since God loves everyone

Deuteronomy 10:17-19
17 For the Lord your God is God of gods and Lord of lords, the great God, mighty and awesome, who shows no partiality and accepts no bribes.
18 He defends the cause of the fatherless and the widow, and loves the foreigner residing among you, giving them food and clothing.
19 And you are to love those who are foreigners, for you yourselves were foreigners in Egypt.

Unconditional love right there

This post was edited by addone on Feb 5 2023 01:23am
Feb 5 2023 01:27am
God promoting cannibalism. If you disobey him you must eat your children...

If in spite of this you still do not listen to me but continue to be hostile toward me, 28 then in my anger I will be hostile toward you, and I myself will punish you for your sins seven times over. 29 You will eat the flesh of your sons and the flesh of your daughters."(Leviticus 26:27-30)
Gold: 0.00
Feb 5 2023 03:09am
Quote (addone @ Feb 5 2023 12:13pm)
You can spout unproven nonsense all day doesn't make it any more real. It's a saturated market out there, much cooler gods who were established thousands of years prior to Christianity.
Those gods already laid claim that they are true and only ones so jesus needs to get in line.

It's fascinating subject religion and what it does to the mind of certain individuals. You can literally copy the script from several books change a few names and magic powers wrap it around fortune cookie quotes and vagueness. Then proceed to charge people money for being members then collect tax exempt paychecks. What a wonderful business model.

Here is an interesting quote
"I love you so much that I’m going to hide my existence to the point that I will be indistinguishable from other gods, and if you follow the wrong god, you are going to suffer for eternity."

Ahh, I already touched on this subject way back in March of 2013. If I post the link then you will not read it so I will just post the whole thing here:

Good day to you ladies and gentlemen. Tonight is the fifth of the ten questions that we are studying at Church. I have been taking notes and I am going to try and portray what I heard at Church onto here. The fifth question of the ten questions is this: Can there really just be one true religion? This is a very relevant question when starting out. You hear about many religions and you don't know which one to believe. We have all gone through this stage in life. This very topic gets debated on the forums very fiercely.

The birth of religion

The first thing I'll do is post a small story from the Bible.

John 14:1-6 NIV

Do not let your hearts be troubled. You believe in God; believe also in me. My Father’s house has many rooms; if that were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you? And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am. You know the way to the place where I am going.

Thomas said to him, “Lord, we don’t know where you are going, so how can we know the way?”

Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."

Now with that topic of discussion question what might be going on behind the question is this, aren't all religions basically the same? This is looking at the question behind the question. Now the reason why that might be the case is all religions are looking at the same thing from a different angle. However, reach religion has only a part of the full picture. Consider the following example:

Here we have 6 blind people touching an elephant. Now each of these people are touching a different part of the elephant, they are limited to that one small spectrum. If they combine their minds and make it out to be one whole being they could perhaps put the puzzle piece together or most likely not. The point is they have one small piece of the bigger picture and they have come up with their own conclusions. Now consider each of these people are different religions and they are looking at the big picture from a different angle each. Now consider each religion are all saying that they are right and you must be wrong. What they are saying is "My way is the only way." Now society today tries to get everyone to get along. You might have a friend who is a Muslim or a neighbour who is a Buddhist. Now society says: "Can't we all just get along?" Show tolerance towards others. We all know that doesn't happen. There have been countless terrorist attacks on the world over the years.

Now Jesus had a very different view to religion to societies view. Jesus viewed religion as the problem instead of the solution.

Back to the Bible passage. John 14:6 NIV: "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."

Now that is a very bold claim by Jesus. I must ask you if you think that claim is arrogant? Jesus is claiming that there is only one way to the Father and that is through him. There is NO OTHER WAY!
However, we do have a piece of this big picture don't we? So we should kind of know the way right? Wrong. We are all in the same boat as what Thomas said a verse earlier.

John 14:5 NIV “Lord, we don’t know where you are going, so how can we know the way?”

Does Thomas say that he knows a bit? Does he say he knows at all? No he doesn't, Thomas plainly and clearly says he doesn't know the way. That is the situation each and every one of us are in. Jesus had to show Thomas the way.

With the elephant once again, with that picture posted we do see the whole picture. We do see the elephant. We are the blind people. Now if we are the blind people who is the one who sees the whole picture? God Almighty. Then what are we all touching? If you can make the transition from that photo the elephant is in fact Jesus. Now in order for the blind people to know that what they are touching is an elephant what they need is for the elephant to speak up right? If the elephant makes a noise they'll all know it is an elephant. Same idea with us, we needed Jesus to speak up and show us the full picture and show us the way to the Father.

Now there have been many religions that have been formed over the centuries. Jesus did not come to bring birth to another religion. Religion is not like a huge pile and you got to choose which one suits you then along comes Jesus and tosses another religion into the pile. No, Jesus came to bring DEATH to religion. You should let that statement sink in. Now religion can easily be viewed as a bargaining chip, if you do this and this then God will do this for you. Religion is basically works based. Jesus put that all to death on the cross. Back to John 14:6 where Jesus claims he is the way and the truth and the life. Is that still a very arrogant claim? If you still do then you should take it up with Jesus himself. The truth is that statement is a very humble claim. Jesus never said that arrogantly, he invites everybody to come and meet the Father through him.

There are 3 big religions that date back to Abraham. 'Christianity, Judaism, and Islam are all Abrahamic religions. Abraham dates back to 1800 BC.' Abraham is a historic figure in the Old Testament. However Christianity can be dated back before that.

John 8:58 NIV “Very truly I tell you,” Jesus answered, “before Abraham was born, I am!”

Did you see that? Jesus claimed that he was there before the historic figure known as Abraham! Now is that another arrogant claim by Jesus? By no means, that is another very humble claim. Jesus takes us back to the beginning of creation. In the beginning there was only one religion. Adam and Eve back in the Garden. They walked and talked with God himself.

I said before that Jesus came to bring death to religion. On to the next point.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The death of religion

On our own do we have a part of the picture? No we don't, we have no picture at all of what the way would be. When Jesus killed all the religions it is like all the blind people seeing the whole picture that it was an elephant the whole time because the elephant spoke up! All previous ideas became null and void.

Now is there another way? Of course not, Jesus himself said these words: "Father, if you are willing, take this cup from me; yet not my will, but yours be done." Luke 22:42 NIV What Jesus is saying there is if there is any other way then take the cup of dying on the cross away from me, yet not by his own will but by the Father's will.
If there was another way then why did Jesus go through all that mockery and physical pain and death? The arrogant claim by people is saying that there is another way and that Jesus died for nothing. Religion is a game of do, do, do. Jesus said "It if finished" on the cross. It did not end there because Jesus rose again!

John 11:25 NIV

Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live, even though they die; and whoever lives by believing in me will never die. Do you believe this?”

Death has conquered all in the past. Death conquered Muhammed, Allah, all previous Popes and all other prophets and religious figures. Death conquered Jesus---oh wait, the tomb is empty. No, Jesus conquered death by death. All religious teachers will eventually die - except Jesus who is alive!

So all religion is dead except for one - Jesus. Jesus said that he is the way and the truth and the life. Nobody comes to the Father except through him. There is NO other way.
It is not about do, do, do like religion wants us to believe in works based. Is is about God doing it all for us and Jesus saying "It is done." It is finished. All we need to do is believe. Will you give your life over to Jesus today? I pray that you do!

Quote (crosspawz @ Feb 5 2023 03:30pm)
Still waiting

Go to page 342. TiStuff had already answered you.

Quote (addone @ Feb 5 2023 05:22pm)
Sure you have. While you are scrambling Google for answers why don't you try this one

Leviticus 21
16 The Lord said to Moses, 17 “Say to Aaron: ‘For the generations to come none of your descendants who has a defect may come near to offer the food of his God. 18 No man who has any defect may come near: no man who is blind or lame, disfigured or deformed; 19 no man with a crippled foot or hand, 20 or who is a hunchback or a dwarf, or who has any eye defect, or who has festering or running sores or damaged testicles. 21 No descendant of Aaron the priest who has any defect is to come near to present the food offerings to the Lord. He has a defect; he must not come near to offer the food of his God. 22 He may eat the most holy food of his God, as well as the holy food; 23 yet because of his defect, he must not go near the curtain or approach the altar, and so desecrate my sanctuary. I am the Lord who makes them holy.’”

So if you happen to have a condition or some deformity you not allowed in church or to pray because you will desecrate god's "sanctuary" a little bit ironic especially since God loves everyone

17 For the Lord your God is God of gods and Lord of lords, the great God, mighty and awesome, who shows no partiality and accepts no bribes.
18 He defends the cause of the fatherless and the widow, and loves the foreigner residing among you, giving them food and clothing.
19 And you are to love those who are foreigners, for you yourselves were foreigners in Egypt.

Tsk, tsk, you just can't break out of the cycle can you? You post small snippets of Scripture out of context without reading the whole passage. A simple Google Search always either had the full passage in context or the explanation of the passage was given. The go to site for me is: gotquestions.org.

Isaiah 6:9-10

He said, “Go and tell this people:

“‘Be ever hearing, but never understanding;
be ever seeing, but never perceiving.’
Make the heart of this people calloused;
make their ears dull
and close their eyes.
Otherwise they might see with their eyes,
hear with their ears,
understand with their hearts,
and turn and be healed.”

Feb 5 2023 06:09am
Quote (addone @ Feb 4 2023 11:22pm)

Leviticus 21

you think he is talking about a physical condition? are you really that disconnected?

Quote (addone @ Feb 4 2023 11:27pm)
God promoting cannibalism. If you disobey him you must eat your children...

If in spite of this you still do not listen to me but continue to be hostile toward me, 28 then in my anger I will be hostile toward you, and I myself will punish you for your sins seven times over. 29 You will eat the flesh of your sons and the flesh of your daughters."(Leviticus 26:27-30)

when you turn away from God you lose your protection(s). I remember that passage is descriptive not prescriptive. they ended up besieged by their enemies and were starving.
Gold: 31,100.00
Feb 5 2023 12:22pm
Quote (CPK001 @ Feb 5 2023 03:09am)
Ahh, I already touched on this subject way back in March of 2013. If I post the link then you will not read it so I will just post the whole thing here:

Good day to you ladies and gentlemen. Tonight is the fifth of the ten questions that we are studying at Church. I have been taking notes and I am going to try and portray what I heard at Church onto here. The fifth question of the ten questions is this: Can there really just be one true religion? This is a very relevant question when starting out. You hear about many religions and you don't know which one to believe. We have all gone through this stage in life. This very topic gets debated on the forums very fiercely.

The birth of religion

The first thing I'll do is post a small story from the Bible.

John 14:1-6 NIV

Do not let your hearts be troubled. You believe in God; believe also in me. My Father’s house has many rooms; if that were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you? And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am. You know the way to the place where I am going.

Thomas said to him, “Lord, we don’t know where you are going, so how can we know the way?”

Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."

Now with that topic of discussion question what might be going on behind the question is this, aren't all religions basically the same? This is looking at the question behind the question. Now the reason why that might be the case is all religions are looking at the same thing from a different angle. However, reach religion has only a part of the full picture. Consider the following example:

Here we have 6 blind people touching an elephant. Now each of these people are touching a different part of the elephant, they are limited to that one small spectrum. If they combine their minds and make it out to be one whole being they could perhaps put the puzzle piece together or most likely not. The point is they have one small piece of the bigger picture and they have come up with their own conclusions. Now consider each of these people are different religions and they are looking at the big picture from a different angle each. Now consider each religion are all saying that they are right and you must be wrong. What they are saying is "My way is the only way." Now society today tries to get everyone to get along. You might have a friend who is a Muslim or a neighbour who is a Buddhist. Now society says: "Can't we all just get along?" Show tolerance towards others. We all know that doesn't happen. There have been countless terrorist attacks on the world over the years.

Now Jesus had a very different view to religion to societies view. Jesus viewed religion as the problem instead of the solution.

Back to the Bible passage. John 14:6 NIV: "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."

Now that is a very bold claim by Jesus. I must ask you if you think that claim is arrogant? Jesus is claiming that there is only one way to the Father and that is through him. There is NO OTHER WAY!
However, we do have a piece of this big picture don't we? So we should kind of know the way right? Wrong. We are all in the same boat as what Thomas said a verse earlier.

John 14:5 NIV “Lord, we don’t know where you are going, so how can we know the way?”

Does Thomas say that he knows a bit? Does he say he knows at all? No he doesn't, Thomas plainly and clearly says he doesn't know the way. That is the situation each and every one of us are in. Jesus had to show Thomas the way.

With the elephant once again, with that picture posted we do see the whole picture. We do see the elephant. We are the blind people. Now if we are the blind people who is the one who sees the whole picture? God Almighty. Then what are we all touching? If you can make the transition from that photo the elephant is in fact Jesus. Now in order for the blind people to know that what they are touching is an elephant what they need is for the elephant to speak up right? If the elephant makes a noise they'll all know it is an elephant. Same idea with us, we needed Jesus to speak up and show us the full picture and show us the way to the Father.

Now there have been many religions that have been formed over the centuries. Jesus did not come to bring birth to another religion. Religion is not like a huge pile and you got to choose which one suits you then along comes Jesus and tosses another religion into the pile. No, Jesus came to bring DEATH to religion. You should let that statement sink in. Now religion can easily be viewed as a bargaining chip, if you do this and this then God will do this for you. Religion is basically works based. Jesus put that all to death on the cross. Back to John 14:6 where Jesus claims he is the way and the truth and the life. Is that still a very arrogant claim? If you still do then you should take it up with Jesus himself. The truth is that statement is a very humble claim. Jesus never said that arrogantly, he invites everybody to come and meet the Father through him.

There are 3 big religions that date back to Abraham. 'Christianity, Judaism, and Islam are all Abrahamic religions. Abraham dates back to 1800 BC.' Abraham is a historic figure in the Old Testament. However Christianity can be dated back before that.

John 8:58 NIV “Very truly I tell you,” Jesus answered, “before Abraham was born, I am!”

Did you see that? Jesus claimed that he was there before the historic figure known as Abraham! Now is that another arrogant claim by Jesus? By no means, that is another very humble claim. Jesus takes us back to the beginning of creation. In the beginning there was only one religion. Adam and Eve back in the Garden. They walked and talked with God himself.

I said before that Jesus came to bring death to religion. On to the next point.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The death of religion

On our own do we have a part of the picture? No we don't, we have no picture at all of what the way would be. When Jesus killed all the religions it is like all the blind people seeing the whole picture that it was an elephant the whole time because the elephant spoke up! All previous ideas became null and void.

Now is there another way? Of course not, Jesus himself said these words: "Father, if you are willing, take this cup from me; yet not my will, but yours be done." Luke 22:42 NIV What Jesus is saying there is if there is any other way then take the cup of dying on the cross away from me, yet not by his own will but by the Father's will.
If there was another way then why did Jesus go through all that mockery and physical pain and death? The arrogant claim by people is saying that there is another way and that Jesus died for nothing. Religion is a game of do, do, do. Jesus said "It if finished" on the cross. It did not end there because Jesus rose again!

John 11:25 NIV

Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live, even though they die; and whoever lives by believing in me will never die. Do you believe this?”

Death has conquered all in the past. Death conquered Muhammed, Allah, all previous Popes and all other prophets and religious figures. Death conquered Jesus---oh wait, the tomb is empty. No, Jesus conquered death by death. All religious teachers will eventually die - except Jesus who is alive!

So all religion is dead except for one - Jesus. Jesus said that he is the way and the truth and the life. Nobody comes to the Father except through him. There is NO other way.
It is not about do, do, do like religion wants us to believe in works based. Is is about God doing it all for us and Jesus saying "It is done." It is finished. All we need to do is believe. Will you give your life over to Jesus today? I pray that you do!

Go to page 342. TiStuff had already answered you.

Tsk, tsk, you just can't break out of the cycle can you? You post small snippets of Scripture out of context without reading the whole passage. A simple Google Search always either had the full passage in context or the explanation of the passage was given. The go to site for me is: gotquestions.org.

Isaiah 6:9-10

He said, “Go and tell this people:

“‘Be ever hearing, but never understanding;
be ever seeing, but never perceiving.’
Make the heart of this people calloused;
make their ears dull
and close their eyes.
Otherwise they might see with their eyes,
hear with their ears,
understand with their hearts,
and turn and be healed.”

That didn’t answer anything, just more bs which is why I didn’t even bother responding to him.

This post was edited by crosspawz on Feb 5 2023 12:27pm
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1353354355356357487Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll