d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Movies & TV Shows > The Haunting Of Hill House
Prev156789Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 2,094.99
Oct 22 2018 02:38pm
So the hype is real huh ?

I’ll start it tonight
Gold: 10,025.00
Oct 22 2018 03:10pm
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Oct 22 2018 01:03pm)
Not that I know of. I've disliked the horror genre for as long as I can remember, but this show was fantastic. The ending made me feel a bit unsatisfied, but it was a solid 8-8.5/10 show

What did you think about the ending of the bent neck lady episode? And the crazy good cinematography of the next episode in the funeral home.
Gold: 250.00
Warn: 10%
Oct 22 2018 07:47pm
Quote (Blah58 @ Oct 22 2018 02:10pm)
What did you think about the ending of the bent neck lady episode? And the crazy good cinematography of the next episode in the funeral home.

SPOILERS

Blew me away in the amount. It was so obvious, yet such a fuckkkkkkk moment lol. I was hoping there'd be a bit more to it, but apparently the house just knows the future of anyone who steps inside. Wasn't exactly the answer I was hoping for, but it was an entertaining as hell ride if nothing else. Loved it in the moment, irritated me a bit when I thought about it as the show wrapped up, but I at least enjoyed it in the moment.

Loved the funeral home episode. Not much to say about it, it was done perfectly and that episode showcased how great all these random ass actors were for these characters. Curious to see if they end up doing anything else after this.

It got a bit obvious towards the end and I think that was part of why I was so disappointed with the climax. Throughout the show they'd managed to give me a decent amount of "Awww fuck, that was good" moments, but you knew a ways in advance (as soon as the Duddley's mentioned how old their kid was, whenever that was) that the "ghost kid" Luke was playing with, was real and it was their kid. You knew Luke wasn't going to die, they had played it up soooooo fucking much for multiple episodes that he'd die on his side with vomit coming out of his mouth, clearly from an OD, that you knew it wouldn't happen that way. Figured out the red room a few episodes in advance and I loved that actually, but I hated the trying to poison the kids things.... They fucked up a bunch on that. Nell saying "that wasn't mom" (or was it Luke? can't remember now), when clearly it was, even if she was fucked up. Doesn't make sense for one of the youngest, the most perceptive, to not be able to tell if someone is their mom or not. Same with the dad when he's leaving the house, "that wasn't your mother". Again, clearly it was, she was just all fucked up. I thought the poisoning route was anticlimactic, they built up Hugh's entrance into the red room sooo much and I felt like that was a letdown. It also didn't make sense the room was open for Hugh during that event anyways. At every other event the room had been impossible to enter when someone was using it already, she had her ideal room of a nice place to wake the kids up (murder the fuck out of them), why would it allow her to be interrupted?

Anyway, that's enough of that. I loved the show and I can't even get close to thinking up an ending that would have actually satisfied me. I loved the show and I thought it was great, It was unfortunately a bit of the letdown at the end, but not even close to enough to ruin or stop me from recommending this show to everyone I know. Already got my parents and best friend watching it.
Gold: 0.01
Warn: 30%
Oct 22 2018 08:07pm
Super underwhelming ending but could have been worse. One of the best shows Ive seen in a long time

Hope Netflix doesnt try to drag it out through multiple seasons though, as good as it was.
Oct 22 2018 08:36pm
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Oct 22 2018 06:47pm)
SPOILERS

Blew me away in the amount. It was so obvious, yet such a fuckkkkkkk moment lol. I was hoping there'd be a bit more to it, but apparently the house just knows the future of anyone who steps inside. Wasn't exactly the answer I was hoping for, but it was an entertaining as hell ride if nothing else. Loved it in the moment, irritated me a bit when I thought about it as the show wrapped up, but I at least enjoyed it in the moment.

Loved the funeral home episode. Not much to say about it, it was done perfectly and that episode showcased how great all these random ass actors were for these characters. Curious to see if they end up doing anything else after this.

It got a bit obvious towards the end and I think that was part of why I was so disappointed with the climax. Throughout the show they'd managed to give me a decent amount of "Awww fuck, that was good" moments, but you knew a ways in advance (as soon as the Duddley's mentioned how old their kid was, whenever that was) that the "ghost kid" Luke was playing with, was real and it was their kid. You knew Luke wasn't going to die, they had played it up soooooo fucking much for multiple episodes that he'd die on his side with vomit coming out of his mouth, clearly from an OD, that you knew it wouldn't happen that way. Figured out the red room a few episodes in advance and I loved that actually, but I hated the trying to poison the kids things.... They fucked up a bunch on that. Nell saying "that wasn't mom" (or was it Luke? can't remember now), when clearly it was, even if she was fucked up. Doesn't make sense for one of the youngest, the most perceptive, to not be able to tell if someone is their mom or not. Same with the dad when he's leaving the house, "that wasn't your mother". Again, clearly it was, she was just all fucked up. I thought the poisoning route was anticlimactic, they built up Hugh's entrance into the red room sooo much and I felt like that was a letdown. It also didn't make sense the room was open for Hugh during that event anyways. At every other event the room had been impossible to enter when someone was using it already, she had her ideal room of a nice place to wake the kids up (murder the fuck out of them), why would it allow her to be interrupted?

Anyway, that's enough of that. I loved the show and I can't even get close to thinking up an ending that would have actually satisfied me. I loved the show and I thought it was great, It was unfortunately a bit of the letdown at the end, but not even close to enough to ruin or stop me from recommending this show to everyone I know. Already got my parents and best friend watching it.

I mean the whole "wasn't mom" thing was clearly not metaphorical. Like she wasn't in her right mind. The ghost basically inceptioned her.

I never really thought about the red room letting the dad in that night. I mean a less satisfactory answer is the house knew if it let the kids leave then the dad would agree to keep the house safe.. But I don't know if that's the best answer. I don't really like the idea of the house being able to "see the future" so to speak.

I honestly don't know what I know lol. The bent neck lady scene kind of fucked me up a bit. It was so well done imo.

I think the ending was fine. It was emotional and a good "positive" way to end such a depressing show. I think doing like a generic entire family dies thing wouldn't have been as good. Secondly wouldn't have been as emotional and would have just been a bitter ending to a bitter show. I think the juxtaposition/bittersweetness of the ending is fine.
Gold: 92.71
Warn: 50%
Oct 23 2018 04:56pm
yeah the ending was lame

a happy ending is to be expected but meh, they over did it
Gold: 39,837.69
Oct 28 2018 07:51pm
So finally got around to binging this.... and it was fucking awesome. Please Netflix, do not attempt a second season on this. Let it be over, so a perfectly executed* show wont get tarnished by a second lame season.

**asterisk/spoiler, the asterisk is referring to the ending. I agree the happy ending was kinda lame, I would have much preferred them all to have died. Only thing holding it back from the 'perfectly executed' comment. Other than than, show was perfect. Im not even a fan of the horror genre, every once and a while I just get in a mood to watch something 'scary' or horror related. Loved it, will recommend it.
Gold: 0.01
Warn: 30%
Oct 28 2018 08:10pm
Quote (BastardOfWinterfell @ Oct 28 2018 06:59pm)

I mean if it's basically "new show calling itself season 2 for recognition purposes" then sure. New house/location and new cast.

If it's just a new family in the Hill House then ehhh...
Gold: 1.00
Warn: 10%
Oct 28 2018 08:55pm
Hmm. Not the direction I was predicting.
Go Back To Movies & TV Shows Topic List
Prev156789Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll