d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Player vs. Monster > Raine > 1.00 Sorceress
Prev1234569Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: Locked
Oct 8 2018 07:01am
Quote (pyropunk @ Oct 6 2018 11:11pm)
Hey, So I made my way to duriel, and decided to do some Duriel runs and take advantage of his bug
he is definetly really sketchy, mostly because of him freezing me with his aura + stunning me

every kill he has dropped either a set item, a rare, or a unique.
considering I have barely found any rares, and I have yet to find a unique or set item, this is super nice

I've done over 20 runs by now, no crazy drops yet, but here are some examples of what I've found.

my first taste of some pre patch items :D

https://i.imgur.com/hbX5xws.png

that great helm might not look very special, but if I had it on east non ladder classic, it would easily be 1k fg
20% fhr does not spawn on helms anymore, neither does the poison length reduce, or most imporantly, the Orange color.
I also forgot to add to the picture, I found The Salamander battle staff which gives +2 to fire skills with 20 fire resist
also a rare ring, with cold/fire/poison resist

I also gave my shot at some gambling now that I have some gold saved up
was shooting to get maybe hotspur or a tarnhelm
this is the best thing I got

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/497298813267083276/498029062464339968/unknown.png

life on boots is also a pre patch mod that doesn't spawn anymore :)

then I thought I got lucky and gambled a tarnhelm when I first saw this in my stash, hovered mouse over it and I was fooled by the prepatch coloring XD

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/497298813267083276/498030647965646848/unknown.png

For now I'm going to continue doing a few more duriel runs and leveling in canyon before pressing through to act 3.

I apologize to anyone who is interested in following that I am taking so long to progress, I don't have much time to play ever , maybe 45 minutes a day if that.
Next week I should have some downtime and I will hopefully be able to press into hell mode and really start the grind

Those boots :hug:
Gold: 996.49
Oct 8 2018 09:17pm
doing some cow runs to kill king for drops.
some more pre patch teaser's for us lol
notice the gems go in from bottom to top, and have different resist % from diamond in shield? lol
also the Martel graphic on steeldriver is glitched

My FHr / FCR is so low, once I get hit by a mob i'm pretty much screwed (using a staff doesn't help)
so, I have been spending my gold trying to gamble magefist

I gambled this arctic gloves, so I kept them because I read that when you gamble them, they won't show up in game again.
Well I guess that rule must only be for uniques, because 2 games later I found another pair from a random cow O_o

This post was edited by pyropunk on Oct 8 2018 09:18pm
Gold: 10,542.77
Oct 8 2018 10:45pm
That rule only applies to unique items. :)

E.g. if you want to gamble SoJ, you need to keep Manald and Nagel in your stash/inv. If you have all three unique rings, the next unique will spawn as rare.
Gold: 64.00
Oct 8 2018 11:26pm
Well, failed Set items downgrade to Magic in stead of Rare, so it wouldn't really matter. ^_^
But yeah, be prepared to gamble dozens or even hundreds of Set items, depending on how long you're gonna hang around in the patch. :P

The Unique thing btw = the game checking if it sees the Unique in-game, but it does not scan "inactive" areas.
So if you drop your Tarnhelm @ Cold Plains and take the waypoint back to town, the game doesn't see the item anymore and thus it can be gambled again, even though the Tarnhelm is still there in Cold Plains.
It's even possible to find a Unique twice in the same area, because if you walk away far enough from an area, the game will sort of disable(compress) it to prevent too much memory from being used.
Not really important, but just FYI. :D

As for hit recovery animations, they start off 1 frame longer compared to later patches. (But the breakpoints are lower.)
So the Sorceress has a long 16-frame hit-recovery animation without any FHR:

Code
Frames: 16 15 14 13 12 11 10 9 8 7 6 5 4
FHR: 0 4 8 12 17 24 31 40 50 65 84 111 150

And FCR:

Code
Frames: 13 12 11 10 9 8 7
FCR: 0 8 17 28 41 56 75

This post was edited by Fruit on Oct 8 2018 11:26pm
Oct 9 2018 01:02am
update:
not going to lie, level 25-30 was pretty rough. my skills are all over the place, and my gear was absolutely trash until the end of the stretch
I have been doing river walks, and cow runs for drops
I had to put points into blizzard because static and fireball just wasn't cutting it anymore.
I've had some good luck gambling, now that gold is flowing much faster.
I also found a map with 5 shrines pretty close to the black marsh waypoint in nightmare, which I used to farm gem shrines to make a 3 pdiamond shield

After getting level 30, I decided I had no choice at this point but to reset my skills, everything was completely out of wack lol.
I think i'm going to allow myself 1 respec for each den quest completed, just because I don't really know what i'm doing too much in this patch.

everything is moving much smoother now that I have orb.
Here's a video showcasing my current gear / play style

also, my first -40 armor, which is a highly sought-after pre-patch mod for obvious reasons

This post was edited by pyropunk on Oct 9 2018 01:24am
Gold: 64.00
Oct 9 2018 01:33am
Oh dear! :P

You should really know that orbs stop functioning as soon as they collide.
Check out the 1:34 mark of your clip: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ur5giUe54cs&t=94s

Notice how that very first monster (the goat) is damaged by a bolt from the orb, but none of the other monsters are? (No other monster turns blue, it's a clear giveaway that they weren't hit.)
If you watch the entire clip, you'll see that it keeps happening: As soon as the orb hits a monster, the bolts created after that point don't deal any damage.

Orbs essentially stops functioning once they hit a monster, and all the bolts they create after that point are just graphics that don't deal any damage.
So you want to cast the orbs so that they pass monsters without hitting any of them.

And you said you had done your homework! :P
Jk of course, but it's important to know how FO works in earlier patches. You've been missing out on a ton of damage. ^_^

The clips are awesome, showing off that 640x480 gameplay. :D

This post was edited by Fruit on Oct 9 2018 01:42am
Gold: 10,542.77
Oct 9 2018 01:48am
Quote (Fruit @ Oct 9 2018 08:33am)
Oh dear! :P

You should really know that orbs stop functioning as soon as they collide.
Check out the 1:34 mark of your clip: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ur5giUe54cs&t=94s

Notice how that very first monster (the goat) is damaged by a bolt from the orb, but none of the other monsters are? (No other monster turns blue, it's a clear giveaway that they weren't hit.)
If you watch the entire clip, you'll see that it keeps happening: As soon as the orb hits a monster, the bolts created after that point don't deal any damage.

Orbs essentially stops functioning once they hit a monster, and all the bolts they create after that point are just graphics that don't deal any damage.
So you want to cast the orbs so that they pass monsters without hitting any of them.

And you said you had done your homework! :P
Jk of course, but it's important to know how FO works in earlier patches. You've been missing out on a ton of damage. ^_^

The clips are awesome, showing off that 640x480 gameplay. :D

You were faster than me. :D

Yes, I wanted to say as well, that FO requires a different technique before 1.09. In order to fully utilize your damage, you need to aim your orbs to explode in front of the monsters. If the big ball goes through one of them, the little shards will stop dealing damage.

This post was edited by -joey- on Oct 9 2018 01:50am
Gold: 822.00
Oct 9 2018 03:54am
Quote (pyropunk @ 9 Oct 2018 05:17)
doing some cow runs to kill king for drops.
some more pre patch teaser's for us lol
notice the gems go in from bottom to top, and have different resist % from diamond in shield? lol
also the Martel graphic on steeldriver is glitched

https://i.imgur.com/8G79Vnb.png

I gambled this arctic gloves, so I kept them because I read that when you gamble them, they won't show up in game again.
Well I guess that rule must only be for uniques, because 2 games later I found another pair from a random cow O_o

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/497298813267083276/499057779324223488/unknown.png

IIRC, the modifier ''All Resistances +X'' rolled separate values for each of the four resistances, rather than the same figure for each one (so this also applies to e.g. a Prismatic Amulet).
That would explain the separate bonuses of 33-38 from two PDs in your Gemmed Large Shield.

Notice that durability is capped at 255 (a value that still appears on certain failed unique items in LoD patches, viz. items with base maximum durability >85 and which are not ethereal).

Arctic Mitts with 200% durability! Win!

This post was edited by Quorra on Oct 9 2018 04:00am
Oct 10 2018 12:00am
wow thanks guys XD
I literally had orb for maybe 2 minutes before I started the video, but when I was doing my 1.07 walk last week, I definetly noticed that orb was broken and didn't know what the deal was. so ty for the info

update:
i'm farming nightmare duriel now;
nothing crazy yet, only 1 real keeper item (eyeless)

here's examples of some more pre patch uniques I've found

video showing the no cast time orb in action, with 20 fcr on a duriel run

This post was edited by pyropunk on Oct 10 2018 12:19am
Oct 10 2018 12:27am
had to make an update just for this item on it's own

I was getting wack drop after wack drop from duriel, I decided to give it 1 more shot before continuing to act 3.

If this was on battlenet non ladder it would fetch 2.5k fg easily

for those who don't know, it's
30 Faster run walk,
20 faster hit recovery (pre patch mod)
46 cold resist (pre patch mod)
8 light resist
28 magic find (pre patch mod)

This post was edited by pyropunk on Oct 10 2018 12:29am
Go Back To Player vs. Monster Topic List
Prev1234569Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll