d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Player vs. Monster > Raine > 1.00 Sorceress
Prev12349Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.01
Warn: 50%
Oct 4 2018 09:40pm
damn, those are some AMAZING fucking quest drops.

Almost as good as duriel.
Gold: Locked
Oct 4 2018 10:05pm
Looking forward to see more of this one
Gold: 11,472.00
Oct 5 2018 08:05am
Holy dang... patch 1.0!

Very nice, have fun!
Gold: 19,005.00
Oct 5 2018 12:01pm
Key takeaways from my 1.00 sorc experiences a couple of years ago as well as in the early 2000s:

- Going the cold route? Save up for a +1-3 fireball staff - you'll need this for level 12-18 unless you want to waste skill points in low spells

- Don't feel bad about putting stat points into energy. ~100 energy along with maxed Warmth is common for an untwinked sorc

- Static field is the main source of damage - all damage spells do trash damage beyond normal

- Thus, any build can finish the game as long as you have static - but Blizz and Orb are the best thanks to consistent damage (cold mastery) as well as good dynamics

- 5 player games is enough to get maximum item drops from regular monsters, but fill the game with 8 players when doing Cain, Gidbinn, Diablo (insane prelod dia questdrop).

- Twitch + 3x Pdia tower shield cover quite a bit of your defensive needs.

- Hell/Outer steppes is the last area where you can farm efficiently - most monsters after that have high lightning resistances.

- Imbue wands (fastest cast, mana, resist) - Shard only gives the equivalent to 20% fcr pre-lod

- Maggot lair as well as maggots in river can be abused for mass exp - Can be automated with a piece of tape on your mouse with a Blizz sorc.
Gold: 64.00
Oct 5 2018 06:04pm
@pyropunk
grats on that andariel kill! such awesome quest drop loot. :P

and just in case you were wondering why the fight took longer than expected: andariel has 206 fire resistance (capped to 75). :D
(in the files she is given -50 fire resistance, but the game stores these values as unsigned bytes (in stead of signed bytes), which means the value wraps around between 0 and 255 in stead of between -128 and 127. this was fixed in 1.04.)

Quote (folo @ 5 Oct 2018 20:01)

- Maggot lair as well as maggots in river can be abused for mass exp - Can be automated with a piece of tape on your mouse with a Blizz sorc.

:lol: love it.

Quote (folo @ 5 Oct 2018 20:01)

- 5 player games is enough to get maximum item drops from regular monsters, but fill the game with 8 players when doing Cain, Gidbinn, Diablo (insane prelod dia questdrop).

in 1.00 vendors are bugged to offer from their Normal equivalents, so rescuing Cain gets you an ilvl 7 Magic ring on all difficulties. :/
gidbinn reward is always a ilvl 21 rare ring, which can still turn out to be nice, but some stats are unable to spawn obviously.
Diablo indeed is great to do on p8! (and so is hellforge if you want some gems/diamonds.)

also, i think i saw the name folo when browsing through a 2001 lurkerlounge forum? i think perhaps it may have been you? ^_^
Gold: 996.49
Oct 5 2018 06:51pm
thank you everyone for the tips / support, I really appreciate it!
----------------------

Okay, so today I learned
If you die on here, and don't collect your body... you lose all your gear!!!! :mad: :D

I had clicked off the game while in the far oasis, and assumed my game would be paused while I wasn't on the screen
Well I was wrong, came back and my character was dead.
I had just gotten the waypoint, and figured i'll just collect my new body in new game to make it easy.
Well after joining new game. my body is gone!

today I ALSO learned, if you open your character in hero editor to try and save your dead body...IT DELETES YOUR CHARACTER FILE AND RESETS YOU BACK TO LEVEL 1 -_- !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So yeah, my entire character got erased. BUT THANKFULLY I have been copying the save files of my character just in case something like this would happen!!!!
This is the FOURTH time that my entire character has been bounced back to level 1 and everything erased. the first 3 times were in act 1 after clearing den. that's why I started making extra saves of my character periodically. Hopefully this does not continue to happen. It would suck to find a really nice pre patch mod rare and have it get erased.
so I bounced back to level 13, just joining act 2 (not a big deal, lesson learned)
~~~~~~~

I'm back now pushing through act 2, enjoying the little bugs I've had like
1) my cube will NOT open while in my stash
2) for a while, I could not identify magic caps? XD

my gear is super shitty, really the only item that is not worth selling to charsi would maybe be my amulet (25% magic find)
That amulet is most likely the reason why my andariel drops sucked. I've been a hardcore classic player for about 15 years and I still forgot to take it off before killing lol

side note :
Last night I started a few new characters, with one of my friends in a tcp/ip game togeather.
You can loot each others bodies, even though it's softcore XD
I guess that makes sense now that I learn you don't get your body back if you leave the game -_-

Gold: 996.49
Oct 5 2018 08:06pm
haha I had to share this bug on video
I think it's in new patches too but I just found it funny

I'm progressed up to Arcane now. using static and fireball all the way.

I was originally thinking orb/firewall...
but I might end up using fireball as my secondary killer after orb/static, it's super helpful right now with damage, plus it's very light on the mana globe. I'm very tempted to keep adding points to it

This post was edited by pyropunk on Oct 5 2018 08:29pm
Gold: 19,005.00
Oct 6 2018 09:13am
Quote (Fruit @ 6 Oct 2018 02:04)
also, i think i saw the name folo when browsing through a 2001 lurkerlounge forum? i think perhaps it may have been you? ^_^

I don't remember posting on LL but possibly. :) I'm folo on diiinet though where I've seen you posting in the 1.00 thread, haven't been logged in there for a couple of years tho.

Quote (pyropunk @ 6 Oct 2018 04:06)
but I might end up using fireball as my secondary killer after orb/static, it's super helpful right now with damage, plus it's very light on the mana globe. I'm very tempted to keep adding points to it

Not sure what you would use fireball for. There are no immunities as far as i recall and high lightning resistance monsters are the "immunities" of pre-lod due to the reliance on static. There are lots of utility spells to sink spare points into such as teleport, lightning mastery or possibly even cold armors. Haven't done the math but a -40% req ornate or mage plate boosted by a maxed cold armor could possibly be better than Twitch, but then probably not due to the 4x AR bug... :O
Gold: Locked
Oct 6 2018 09:34am
Quote (pyropunk @ Oct 5 2018 09:06pm)
haha I had to share this bug on video
I think it's in new patches too but I just found it funny

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GCpARX4jIc

I'm progressed up to Arcane now. using static and fireball all the way.

Sick moonwalk
Gold: 0.00
Oct 6 2018 09:36am
YESSSSSSSSSSSS. Another 1.00 walk! Have fun and find some kick ass rares!
Go Back To Player vs. Monster Topic List
Prev12349Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll