d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Player vs. Monster > Raine > 1.00 Sorceress
1239Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 996.49
Oct 3 2018 11:14pm
Hey guys

can't tell you how many times throughout the years I've tried to get 1.00 working and failed.
Thanks to the help of joey I was able to finally get it working :hug:
check out his amazing 1.00 walkthru with all the coolest "fun fact's" you probably never knew HERE

I'm documenting my journey through patch 1.00 for whomever is interested, and for myself to look back on in the future.

I have no rules; I am doing this for my own enjoyment before anything.
I'm playing on softcore for now.

my goals are to beat hell act 4, and find some juicy pre patch rare items.

I've always been interested in making a blood golem necromancer that i've heard so much about; but in respect to joey and his golem necro I will go to my second weapon of choice;
Frozen orb sorceress, with NO cast time

:evil: :evil: :evil:
Gold: 2,990.00
Oct 3 2018 11:59pm
Go babe!
Gold: 6.00
Warn: 30%
Oct 4 2018 12:38am
Lovely
Will follow
Gold: 10,219.79
Oct 4 2018 01:02am
I'm doing a fun run myself this looks awesome got it tracked.

This post was edited by Austin on Oct 4 2018 01:20am
Gold: 10,542.77
Oct 4 2018 01:33am
GL man! :)

Just some remarks.
If you are planning to play without filler chars (P1), reaching lvl30 will be a pain in the ass.
As for skill allocation: the recommended main skill is Static Field, as it has no caps (works the same as now in Classic). Fire wall is also a powerful spell, as it can be stacked multiple times resulting in insane damage.
As you are play in softcore, you do not have to worry about Duriel. He usually one-hits sorcs. :)

This post was edited by -joey- on Oct 4 2018 01:34am
Oct 4 2018 02:06am
Quote (-joey- @ Oct 4 2018 02:33am)
GL man! :)

Just some remarks.
If you are planning to play without filler chars (P1), reaching lvl30 will be a pain in the ass.
As for skill allocation: the recommended main skill is Static Field, as it has no caps (works the same as now in Classic). Fire wall is also a powerful spell, as it can be stacked multiple times resulting in insane damage.
As you are play in softcore, you do not have to worry about Duriel. He usually one-hits sorcs. :)

Thanks m8, I did all my homework on the patch this time

I've been trying to get a multiple loader working but have failed thus far.
I have sandboxie, but I loaded 1, and did the den quest.
when I go back to town on the loader, my map disapears, then when I leave the game it rolls me back and I lose all progress -_-

I did it 3 times, and it happened every time.
So at the moment I am just going solo, and will load one in to xfer items if needed then roll back the original char and delete the items.
------------------

So far I am level 8, moving through Black marsh
loving all the old school stuff so far.
This is what Akara's Inventory looks like lol
There is no shift - click to fill your potions, you need to buy each potion 1 by 1, and they disapear after you buy them (NPC can run out of potions)

I might be wrong, but I feel like the prices for items at akara are much lower.
I bought this staff for only 5k gold

you can notice in the screenshot that my merc is wearing a helm? XD

super potion in normal ftw

salute to everyone who supports the thread!

This post was edited by pyropunk on Oct 4 2018 02:11am
Gold: 10,542.77
Oct 4 2018 02:27am
Quote (pyropunk @ Oct 4 2018 09:06am)

I've been trying to get a multiple loader working but have failed thus far.

The patch I sent to you already contains the self-multi support.
Gold: 64.00
Oct 4 2018 02:53am
oh boy, 1.00 <3

to add to what joey said, the area of effect calculation is bugged, and rapidly expands.
just look at level 20 static field, hitting monsters way off screen:

this was fixed in 1.04, but then because of complaints from players, blizzard increased the radius in 1.05. but then in 1.07 they reduced it back to the size of 1.04 :P

oh, and FYI, you can potentially farm Duriel.
why would you? well, as you probably know, bosses have quest drops even in earlier patches, but they usually drop it only once.
Duriel however is a bit of a dumbass because when you kill him he checks if you have fully completed the quest, rather than checking if you've killed him before.
so as long as you don't complete the quest ( meaning don't talk to Meshif ) he will continue to drop his quest drop.

the quest drop from bosses have a 30% chance of being unique and 60% of being rare, so you could consider doing a few duriel runs before continuing to act 3 :P
with some luck, he will drop you Wall of the Eyeless, which would probably be your end-game shield. (his quest drop can also drop Magefist and unique rings.)
the runs wouldn't be too bad since you keep your map in single-player.

also, don't forget to get a cold merc in act 3.
although their damage sucks, they cast nothing but glacial spike so they're great for crowd control. ^_^

those oldskool merc graphics are cool btw, i wonder why blizzard changed them. (it probably wasn't intentional. :P)
i think a3 mercs also have alternate graphics, and they use their swords for melee attacks (looks hilarious).

have fun! keep sharing! :hail:

This post was edited by Fruit on Oct 4 2018 03:09am
Gold: 225,299.00
Oct 4 2018 07:33am
This’ll be a juicy read :drool:
Oct 4 2018 06:41pm
Quote (-joey- @ Oct 4 2018 03:27am)
The patch I sent to you already contains the self-multi support.

pm'd regarding the situation

Quote (Fruit @ Oct 4 2018 03:53am)
oh boy, 1.00 <3

to add to what joey said, the area of effect calculation is bugged, and rapidly expands.
just look at level 20 static field, hitting monsters way off screen:

have fun! keep sharing! :hail:

thanks for the tip brother I will definetly give it a shot!
although apparently duriel is super hard XD like he was in my 1.07 walk last week. should be fun

yeah I noticed my static field feels bigger than usual and it's only level 3 :o I've always been very against adding any more than 1 point into static but I might have no choice with this mana issue.

----------------------------

update :

I pushed my way through to catacombs level 3.
using static, and my charged bolt staff to grind myself to level 12.
mobs were getting tougher and tougher, so I decided it would be best for me to temporarily use Fireball.
Like I said i'm doing this for my own amusement not to stress myself out. so I don't care about "cheating." I might decide to use hero editor to respec those 3 points I spent somewhere in the future but if I do i'll post it here.

Nothing much of significance has happened up until this point. Just enjoying the different colors of unique monsters and little differences on this patch.
Also, taking advantage of the bug from repairing items before you sell them to NPC, which gives you a considerable amount more of gold depending on the item :D

Andy down! took a video which shows the way I have to constantly portal to town instead of using mana pots xD

Go Back To Player vs. Monster Topic List
1239Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll