d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Movies & TV Shows > Ready Player One Rant > The Other Topic Couldn't Be Replied To~
Prev12345614Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 150.00
Aug 12 2018 09:52pm
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Aug 12 2018 10:50pm)
HP where one kid in particular has a literal piece of the adversaries soul inside him, a protection spell cast at the cost of his mother's life to help him stay alive, and guidance from the smartest and most powerful wizard of all time to help him accomplish his goal? Ya... totally the same thing as billions of people being too stupid to try going backwards once in five years.

DP is Marvel

Superhero movies are also mostly trash, but even those made this disaster look good. Same goes for SW and I've disliked all of the new installments. Well, TFA had moments for being a straight knock off of a New Hope, at least it did that well, the rest have all been meh to terrible.

honestly havent seen HP in well over a decade so i forgot about that. but just pretend this kid had something similar written in his lore. u happy now? lol
did u like the death note anime? i havent seen it in ~11 years but i remember not liking it because some random kid from some random high iq school stops him. like wowww. i mean i was 12-13 years old so maybe i remember incorrectly. ill rewatch it one day

This post was edited by MutatedBeaveR on Aug 12 2018 09:54pm
Gold: 250.00
Warn: 10%
Aug 12 2018 09:59pm
Quote (MutatedBeaveR @ Aug 12 2018 08:52pm)
honestly havent seen HP in well over a decade so i forgot about that. but just pretend this kid had something similar written in his lore. u happy now? lol
did u like the death note anime? i havent seen it in ~11 years but i remember not liking it because some random kid from some random high iq school stops him. like wowww. i mean i was 12-13 years old so maybe i remember incorrectly. ill rewatch it one day

Yes.. you're remembering incorrectly, but it honestly sounds like you've never watched it for you to have that recollection of the shows events, as nothing even fucking remotely similar to that happens..

That's the difference though, it's all fucking pretend, it's all made up, but one of them has reason 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 so and so forth why he's prepared to do this epic thing. The other is just rammed down your fucking throat with nothing other than "swallow this bullshit because we say so" Your point have all just been wayyyy off from anything even resembling a coherent or relevant retort man. It's fine if you liked it, but you're not going to convince anyone who sees all the blatant flaws that make it impossible to even somewhat enjoy. You'd be better off just stopping, all you're doing is making your argument look weaker and weaker with everything you post...

This post was edited by jadeoshbogosh on Aug 12 2018 10:02pm
Gold: 10,025.00
Aug 12 2018 10:48pm
Quote (MutatedBeaveR @ Aug 12 2018 08:37pm)
i mean yeah i know he really directed it. its just a hyperbolec(lol) way of saying anyone couldve done it or it was so bad i refused to believe it was him. itd have leaked he had nothing to do it with and thered be a big controversy. i even stated afterwards in a more serious way that yes he essentially just goes for mass appeal.
and yeah like i said its eye candy..no thinking needed.
they didnt try very hard to introduce a believable plot. its a kids movie. a world with hundreds of millions competing for the same thing and some kid prevails..i mean how did you feel about harry potter? lmao. you shouldnt take that part too seriously IMO in 100% of movies/stories. kind of how i meant by how i enjoy both taxi driver and dude wheres my car.

edit: maybe im reaching here but i feel the same way about this movie as i do with the recent starwars/superhero movies. just a mediocre storyline with some jokes and nostalgia. i hate that i come off as pretentious..i enjoy plenty of other mainstream/pop culture but a lot of this shit is just pure trash.

but that being said i actually did enjoy RPO and id watch it again. id never watch any of those SW reboots twice though. or any marvel movie besides the deadpool ones..or is that DC? whatever idc i just mean superhero movies. i havent truly enjoyed one since the nolan trilogy and iron man 1. but i also havent seen a lot of them. mainly because i dont have any interest after seeing some.

How? I mean I get not liking star wars because episode 7 was very heavy handed and episode 8 was really out there. But at least they had fucking competent writing, proper character development and pacing with director styles that are obvious/actually in the movie. I get not liking the plots of those movies, but from a technical stand point they are significantly better than the garbage that is the ready player one movie.
Aug 13 2018 07:34am
Quote (Blah58 @ Aug 12 2018 11:48pm)
How? I mean I get not liking star wars because episode 7 was very heavy handed and episode 8 was really out there. But at least they had fucking competent writing, proper character development and pacing with director styles that are obvious/actually in the movie. I get not liking the plots of those movies, but from a technical stand point they are significantly better than the garbage that is the ready player one movie.

at least rpo was fun. sw reboots werent even fun or dramatic. it was like a reunion concert then it turned into a cover band. kylo ren was/is a shit villain. i dont think its character development was all that great..if anything its similar to RPOs but slightly better. honestly the I-R0k guy (TJ Millers character) in RPO may as well be kylo ren.. because kylo ren cant even be taken seriously afaic. i think they couldve done a better job with introducing/developing halliday but it was on par with what SW did with their characters. and as far as all the more minor characters go in SW/RPO it really wasnt too different.

Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Aug 12 2018 10:59pm)
Yes.. you're remembering incorrectly, but it honestly sounds like you've never watched it for you to have that recollection of the shows events, as nothing even fucking remotely similar to that happens..

That's the difference though, it's all fucking pretend, it's all made up, but one of them has reason 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 so and so forth why he's prepared to do this epic thing. The other is just rammed down your fucking throat with nothing other than "swallow this bullshit because we say so" Your point have all just been wayyyy off from anything even resembling a coherent or relevant retort man. It's fine if you liked it, but you're not going to convince anyone who sees all the blatant flaws that make it impossible to even somewhat enjoy. You'd be better off just stopping, all you're doing is making your argument look weaker and weaker with everything you post...

idk you seem to not like it because it doesnt have a great premise. youll like something like HP because its written in that hes a special dweeb but the RPO main character being a normal mortal ruins it for you? the world population shouldnt really be a concern to a story unless its about world hunger

This post was edited by MutatedBeaveR on Aug 13 2018 07:39am
Gold: 0.80
Aug 13 2018 10:57am
Did you read your first book or something?

Welcome to almost every movie based on a book
Gold: 250.00
Warn: 10%
Aug 13 2018 11:41am
Quote (MutatedBeaveR @ Aug 13 2018 06:34am)

idk you seem to not like it because it doesnt have a great premise. youll like something like HP because its written in that hes a special dweeb but the RPO main character being a normal mortal ruins it for you? the world population shouldnt really be a concern to a story unless its about world hunger

It's called fucking plot/character development :rofl:

It's something the vast majority of movies need to be good and you're just too dense to understand how much shitty character development, plot holes, bad acting and fucking atrocious writing impacts people who need more than an eyegasm to be entertained.
Aug 13 2018 01:18pm
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Aug 13 2018 12:41pm)
It's called fucking plot/character development :rofl:

It's something the vast majority of movies need to be good and you're just too dense to understand how muchshitty character development, plot holes, bad acting and fucking atrocious writingimpacts people who need more than an eyegasm to be entertained.

no im aware its eyecandy as thats a quote. we arent disagreeing on much man i dont get your comments, i even mentioned the whole i doubt SS directed it which covers pmuch that whole bolded area. i mainly just dont agree with your problem with how one boy saves the world. i understand tiers and i knew this movie wasnt going to be a 1900s scorsese movie. im able to have fun and this movie is fun.

and sidenote emphasis: starwars is fucking trash and can be compare to rpo imo

This post was edited by MutatedBeaveR on Aug 13 2018 01:23pm
Gold: 10,025.00
Aug 13 2018 02:24pm
Quote (MutatedBeaveR @ Aug 13 2018 12:18pm)
no im aware its eyecandy as thats a quote. we arent disagreeing on much man i dont get your comments, i even mentioned the whole i doubt SS directed it which covers pmuch that whole bolded area. i mainly just dont agree with your problem with how one boy saves the world. i understand tiers and i knew this movie wasnt going to be a 1900s scorsese movie. im able to have fun and this movie is fun.

and sidenote emphasis: starwars is fucking trash and can be compare to rpo imo

You might not like the new star wars movies but they are significantly more competently made than ready player one.
Gold: 2,009.99
Aug 13 2018 02:54pm
Great book

Shitty movie
Gold: 0.50
Aug 13 2018 03:22pm
First of all, the book was good, but not great by any means. I really enjoyed the book and was able to lose myself in the hunt.

The movie, was not good, but i enjoyed it because i went into it thinking it wasn't going to be as good as the book and some things were going to be drastically different or not explained well because it's a fucking movie. There is not enough time in a movie to remake a good book (with maybe a couple exceptions ever).

Having the background of the book made the lack of information in the movie easier to stomach. Changing the trials was a great idea because who wants to watch someone act out war games or read dnd manuals or play pacman for 20 straight hours. Talk about a total snoozefest.

Also, if you cant suspend disbelief and reasoning for 2 hours of your life then stop going to movies. The movie was bound to be a failure to those expecting it to replicate the book. Its made for kids and our generation of bad super hero movies rule the box office.
Go Back To Movies & TV Shows Topic List
Prev12345614Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll