d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Movies & TV Shows > Ready Player One Rant > The Other Topic Couldn't Be Replied To~
12314Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 10,025.00
Aug 11 2018 07:46pm
This movie is such a fucking giant pile of crap.

I finished reading the book Thursday and decided to watch the movie today.

The book was good, although I think the author missed an obvious choice for the ending and catered to the happy ending crap audience, but this is about the movie not the book.

Ok, the movie. Fuck is it so bad. They changed things that didn't need to be changed just to change them, they changed things that shouldn't have been changed and made the story worse overall for it, and I also have no idea who the audience for this movie is.

There are things in the movie that are never explained and make absolutely no sense in the context of the movie, things that only make sense of you have read the books... So the audience is people who read the books...? But then they changed so much and just made it impossible for someone who has read the books to actually enjoy. I really don't understand it.

There are so many scenes in the movie that make no sense, they didn't provide enough character development for certain scenes to make sense. It's like the people who wrote the script didn't remember the difference between what they put in the movie and what they were remembering from the book.

This movie is a perfect example of how to not adapt another medium into a movie. I really don't fucking understand how this keeps happening to adaptations. How are writers so fucking dense that they miss the entire point of the subject matter that they are adapting.

Fuck this movie.

0/10

It should be wiped off the face of the earth and everyone involved in writing/producing/directing it should never be allowed near a movie again.

Including Spielberg, fucking hack hasn't made a good movie in 20 years.

This post was edited by Blah58 on Aug 11 2018 07:47pm
Gold: 4.37
Aug 11 2018 08:03pm
I actually really enjoyed it. I went to the movies knowing absolutely nothing about it, and it was entertaining.

Although I do believe that obvious key elements in books should be relayed into the movie adaptation, I don’t believe you should compare them.
Aug 11 2018 08:11pm
Quote (stupidkid282 @ Aug 11 2018 07:03pm)
I actually really enjoyed it. I went to the movies knowing absolutely nothing about it, and it was entertaining.

Although I do believe that obvious key elements in books should be relayed into the movie adaptation, I don’t believe you should compare them.

The movie randomly decided to use the term "the high 5" without actually explaining it. This isn't the only example of things like this, just one of many.

There was zero development of Z and Arty, literally just the second time they meet Z days he loves her, it was so rushed and awkward.

Or what about the end when the police are like "we need to talk to you about that confession video you sent in" what fucking confession video? Literally nothing about this was mentioned in the film at all until this point. I don't understand how anyone could watch the movie, actually pay attention to it, and not be super fucking confused about everything.

Then there are things you only know if you read the book...They changed things like what Z wanted to do with the prize money for no reason. Plus the entire point is supposed to be 80s nostalgia, but literally everything in it was current pop culture.

If you liked the movie you clearly didn't pay attention and you were just amazed by the visuals. Good for you if that's what you enjoy.
Aug 11 2018 08:30pm
Quote (Blah58 @ Aug 12 2018 02:11am)
The movie randomly decided to use the term "the high 5" without actually explaining it. This isn't the only example of things like this, just one of many.

There was zero development of Z and Arty, literally just the second time they meet Z days he loves her, it was so rushed and awkward.

Or what about the end when the police are like "we need to talk to you about that confession video you sent in" what fucking confession video? Literally nothing about this was mentioned in the film at all until this point. I don't understand how anyone could watch the movie, actually pay attention to it, and not be super fucking confused about everything.

Then there are things you only know if you read the book...They changed things like what Z wanted to do with the prize money for no reason. Plus the entire point is supposed to be 80s nostalgia, but literally everything in it was current pop culture.

If you liked the movie you clearly didn't pay attention and you were just amazed by the visuals. Good for you if that's what you enjoy.

Since I hadn’t read the book, I wouldn’t be the one nitpicking it.
Aug 11 2018 08:32pm
Quote (stupidkid282 @ Aug 11 2018 07:30pm)
Since I hadn’t read the book, I wouldn’t be the one nitpicking it.

Like I said. There are things in the movie that make no sense in the context of just the movie...I'm starting to understand why you liked it.
Gold: 25.20
Aug 11 2018 08:32pm
It's impressive that you made an entire block of text without providing anything specific.

Your second post was a lot better lol

This post was edited by FroggyG on Aug 11 2018 08:33pm
Aug 11 2018 08:34pm
Quote (Blah58 @ Aug 12 2018 02:32am)
Like I said. There are things in the movie that make no sense in the context of just the movie...I'm starting to understand why you liked it.

I already told you why i enjoyed it....it was entertaining.

I purchased the movie, because I enjoyed it.

When i go see a movie, I see it at face value, I don't over analyze it......I save that for multiple viewings.

Aug 11 2018 08:46pm
Quote (FroggyG @ Aug 11 2018 07:32pm)
It's impressive that you made an entire block of text without providing anything specific.

Your second post was a lot better lol

I was ranting about the general shitness of it. That's why I called it a rant topic -_-
Aug 11 2018 08:54pm
Quote (stupidkid282 @ Aug 11 2018 07:34pm)
I already told you why i enjoyed it....it was entertaining.

I purchased the movie, because I enjoyed it.

When i go see a movie, I see it at face value, I don't over analyze it......I save that for multiple viewings.

When I go see a movie and something happens like the police randomly showing up to save the good guy from the bad guy and then say "we need to talk about that tape you sent us" when that literally never happened in the fucking movie I don't think "wow this movie was really enjoyable, just ignore everything that doesn't make sense because I'm not here to do anything other than enjoy this polished shit". I personally think "what.. That was never... Huh... I'm so confused... This is such bad writing..."

Edit: auto correct errors

This post was edited by Blah58 on Aug 11 2018 09:01pm
Aug 11 2018 08:58pm
Quote (Blah58 @ Aug 12 2018 02:54am)
When I go see a movie and something happens like the love randomly showing up to save the good guy from the bad guy and then say "we need to talk about that tape you sent us" when that literally never happened in the fucking movie I don't think "wow this movie was really enjoyable, just ignore everything that doesn't make sense because I'm not here to do anything other than enjoy this polished shit". I personally think "what.. That was never... Huh... I'm so confused... This is such bad writing..."

good for you.

I can still have a NEGATIVE opinion on a movie if i'm seeing it at face value for the first time.
Go Back To Movies & TV Shows Topic List
12314Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll