d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Cannabis
Prev15678968Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 2,420.00
Jun 21 2018 10:41pm
Quote (thesnipa @ Jun 20 2018 04:52pm)
college was the last time i went no pot. then after a month long spiral down the cheap beer route, and waking up on a week day 2 hours late for class with a tower of 15 Reddog cans I didnt set out to drink I decided I might just be a pot smoker for life. the dreams after coming off pot were intense tho, don't look forward to that if i ever have to quit for some reason.

I want to start just so I experience this, few friends had the same thing happen to them

This post was edited by Jupe on Jun 21 2018 10:41pm
Gold: 57.00
Jun 21 2018 10:42pm
Quote (Jupe @ 22 Jun 2018 00:41)
I want to start just so I experience this, few friends had the same thing happen to them

just go chug a bottle of straight robo its basically the same thing e: so i've heard xd ;) B)

This post was edited by excellence on Jun 21 2018 10:42pm
Gold: 2,420.00
Jun 21 2018 10:45pm
Quote (excellence @ Jun 21 2018 11:42pm)
just go chug a bottle of straight robo its basically the same thing e: so i've heard xd ;) B)

Gold: 0.00
Jun 21 2018 11:03pm
There's a good chance they could try to pull this shit in the UK soon too. Some kid got his cannabis taken away at the airport and now there's an uproar because apparently it helped his epilepsy.
I'm all for medical use if prescribed by a doctor.
That's no argument for recreational use though.

Just like morphine and other narcotics with medical applications it should remain a controlled substance and illegal for recreational use. The harm it can cause is severe and nobody having died from an overdose doesn't mean the drug hasn't killed countless users and ruined the lives of even more.

Not to mention the godawful 'culture' around it. We should absolutely not be normalising and encouraging these degenerates and wasters' behaviour, attitudes and 'lifestyle'. I mean what kind of pathetic dolt do you have to be to base your identity around a drug?

This post was edited by Scaly on Jun 21 2018 11:06pm
Gold: 19.00
Jun 22 2018 12:10am
Quote (Scaly @ Jun 22 2018 12:03am)
There's a good chance they could try to pull this shit in the UK soon too. Some kid got his cannabis taken away at the airport and now there's an uproar because apparently it helped his epilepsy.

Just like morphine and other narcotics with medical applications it should remain a controlled substance and illegal for recreational use. The harm it can cause is severe and nobody having died from an overdose doesn't mean the drug hasn't killed countless users and ruined the lives of even more.

Not to mention the godawful 'culture' around it. We should absolutely not be normalising and encouraging these degenerates and wasters' behaviour, attitudes and 'lifestyle'. I mean what kind of pathetic dolt do you have to be to base your identity around a drug?

Cigarettes and Alcohol have literally been proven to cause twice as much destruction than Cannabis. Do some research about why Cannabis / hemp even became illegal in the first place. You seem to be ill-informed about it. I'm serious, it's laughable.
Why should something that comes from the earth, shown to help medical ailments, be required to have a prescription from a doctor? And do you really think making something illegal will make it harder to get in this day and age? While I agree kids should not be using Cannabis, regardless of it's legal status, kids will find a way to get it. Period.
Do not compare Morphine to Cannabis, because that's a god awful comparison.
"Killed countless users and ruined the lives of many more" - Please link me.
Because there is so many different forms of actually taking Cannabis (not just smoking it and getting high from it's THC), and because the effects of the other primary Cannabinoid compound in the hemp plant called Cannabidiol (CBD) which interacts with the Endocannibinoid system in your body, which can be extremely beneficial for treating chronic pain as it is an anti-inflammatory, can help seizures, anxiety, depression, acne, sleeplessness, irritable bowel syndrome, the list goes on. It's actually harder to explain what CBD CAN'T help, rather than what it can help. Not to mention, CBD prodcuts can be obtained containing 0% THC, meaning it contains no psychoactive properties, impossible to get "high".
Did I mention that CBD is still classified as a Schedule 1 drug in the United States? And still a Schedule 2 drug in Canada? Yes, even if it can't even get you high.

"Degenerates and waster's behaviour, attitudes, and 'lifestyle'", and what percentage of users is this? You probably spend too much time on the internet. Do you know how many people are walking around drugged on prescription pain killers, and other dangerous medications directly affecting their brains?
So yes, there is an argument for recreational use, if something works for someone, and is having a positive effect on their condition - and it's not detrimental to the health of the user (at least not any more than Cigarettes or Alcohol amirite?) they should absolutely not need a doctor's "prescription" to have it.

I am extremely happy Canada is making it legal. Hoping that more countries will follow this, as it's the first G7 nation to legalize it for recreational use. It's about time we move on from this bullshit propaganda surrounding this plant, which has been going on since the 1930s.

This post was edited by Bassist on Jun 22 2018 12:30am
Gold: 0.00
Jun 22 2018 04:57am
Quote (Bassist @ 22 Jun 2018 06:10)
Cigarettes and Alcohol have literally been proven to cause twice as much destruction than Cannabis. Do some research about why Cannabis / hemp even became illegal in the first place. You seem to be ill-informed about it. I'm serious, it's laughable.
Why should something that comes from the earth, shown to help medical ailments, be required to have a prescription from a doctor? And do you really think making something illegal will make it harder to get in this day and age? While I agree kids should not be using Cannabis, regardless of it's legal status, kids will find a way to get it. Period.
Do not compare Morphine to Cannabis, because that's a god awful comparison.
Because there is so many different forms of actually taking Cannabis (not just smoking it and getting high from it's THC), and because the effects of the other primary Cannabinoid compound in the hemp plant called Cannabidiol (CBD) which interacts with the Endocannibinoid system in your body, which can be extremely beneficial for treating chronic pain as it is an anti-inflammatory, can help seizures, anxiety, depression, acne, sleeplessness, irritable bowel syndrome, the list goes on. It's actually harder to explain what CBD CAN'T help, rather than what it can help. Not to mention, CBD prodcuts can be obtained containing 0% THC, meaning it contains no psychoactive properties, impossible to get "high".
Did I mention that CBD is still classified as a Schedule 1 drug in the United States? And still a Schedule 2 drug in Canada? Yes, even if it can't even get you high.

"Degenerates and waster's behaviour, attitudes, and 'lifestyle'", and what percentage of users is this? You probably spend too much time on the internet. Do you know how many people are walking around drugged on prescription pain killers, and other dangerous medications directly affecting their brains?
So yes, there is an argument for recreational use, if something works for someone, and is having a positive effect on their condition - and it's not detrimental to the health of the user (at least not any more than Cigarettes or Alcohol amirite?) they should absolutely not need a doctor's "prescription" to have it.

I am extremely happy Canada is making it legal. Hoping that more countries will follow this, as it's the first G7 nation to legalize it for recreational use. It's about time we move on from this bullshit propaganda surrounding this plant, which has been going on since the 1930s.

:rofl:
The rage essay XD

'You have a different opinion than me - you must be ill-informed. It's laughable'

Why should something that comes from the earth, shown to help medical ailments, be required to have a prescription from a doctor?

Because that's what we do with medicines that have potential for abuse.

Cannabidiol (CBD) which interacts with the blablabla...

Yea. I know. That's why I'm ok with it being used as a medicine when prescribed by a doctor.

Cigarettes and Alcohol

Cigarettes or Alcohol

Number 1 'gotcha' argument from stoners and wasters. Yes - those things are legal. They probably wouldn't be if we introduced them today. That's no reason to legalise every controlled substance.

Hardly see why I should have to provide evidence to someone as well informed on the subject as yourself. I mean surely you know about the links between cannabis and severe mental disorders, depression, anxiety and paranoia and general cognitive impairments? Or you've read the studies that demonstrate a link between the amount of tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) and the chance of those ill-effects occurring?
I can link studies if you want but I really shouldn't have to unless you're so ill-informed about it that it's laughable.

Gold: 2,489.69
Jun 22 2018 05:57am
scaly, you're fervently anti recreational use? TIL
Gold: 119,903.34
Jun 22 2018 07:43am
Quote (Scaly @ Jun 22 2018 12:03am)

You don't truly believe in freedom if you don't believe people have the right to take things that are bad for them.

People who are degenerate stoners or drug addicts in general aren't magically a product of marijuana in most cases, it's just those people are predisposed or been conditioned to those behaviors.

Just like with alcohol , some people probably shouldn't be drinking. Marijuana is no different that for some people , they probably shouldn't be doing it.

If you attempt to control the behavior of people too much, it just swings back on you and creates more problems.

If this is truly your view then not sure you realize how crazy of a hypocrite you would be. Because I'm sure you support sex education and easy access to birth control/contraception but on a drug that for sure has way less harmful effects when compared to Tobacco/Alcohol that it should be a controlled substance? Just because some people cannot control themselves does not mean you ruin the whole show for the people who are responsible adults.

Adults should not be treated like children. And governments should push for more research , especially on the effects to teenagers because there is some research showing it might be devastating on a developing brain. But Alcohol would still be worse arguably because Alcohol leads to erratic behavior that results in consequences that lead to death whereas marijuana mostly just creates behavior disorders potentially but legalization for adult use makes the most sense.

Stop being a fascist.
Gold: 2,489.69
Jun 22 2018 07:59am
Quote (sir_lance_bb @ Jun 22 2018 07:43am)
You don't truly believe in freedom if you don't believe people have the right to take things that are bad for them.

People who are degenerate stoners or drug addicts in general aren't magically a product of marijuana in most cases, it's just those people are predisposed or been conditioned to those behaviors.

Just like with alcohol , some people probably shouldn't be drinking. Marijuana is no different that for some people , they probably shouldn't be doing it.

If you attempt to control the behavior of people too much, it just swings back on you and creates more problems.

If this is truly your view then not sure you realize how crazy of a hypocrite you would be. Because I'm sure you support sex education and easy access to birth control/contraception but on a drug that for sure has way less harmful effects when compared to Tobacco/Alcohol that it should be a controlled substance? Just because some people cannot control themselves does not mean you ruin the whole show for the people who are responsible adults.

Adults should not be treated like children. And governments should push for more research , especially on the effects to teenagers because there is some research showing it might be devastating on a developing brain. But Alcohol would still be worse arguably because Alcohol leads to erratic behavior that results in consequences that lead to death whereas marijuana mostly just creates behavior disorders potentially but legalization for adult use makes the most sense.

Stop being a fascist.

agreed entirely. i guess i already knew scaly what an elitist aristocrat minded facist. i just didn't realize the "i know better than everyone and people need to listen to what i say because am smart" ran that deep...
Gold: 57.00
Jun 22 2018 08:24am
Quote (thesnipa @ 22 Jun 2018 07:57)
scaly, you're fervently anti recreational use? TIL

govt needs to make all the personal decisions for him and all brits. also no memes allowed until uk leaves the eu, otherwise you get a year in jail. after which they will be punishable by death

This post was edited by excellence on Jun 22 2018 08:26am
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev15678968Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll