d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Movies & TV Shows > Blade Runner 2049
Prev123456Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 25.20
Oct 16 2017 02:29am
Quote (seifersan @ Oct 16 2017 02:09am)
Dude, if you dont like the idea of the story why the hell are you even watching or posting feedback for it?

Thats like someone who hates the romance genre watching the notebook and then bashing on it because he doesnt believe in that type of love story.

Not every movie is made for every person, learn to stick to genres and films that you might actually like.

Yeah I actually really like philosophical concepts so I really liked that aspect of the movie

Remove the villain monologues about angels and the super loud horns going off and I think the movie is great

This post was edited by FroggyG on Oct 16 2017 02:31am
Gold: 0.00
Oct 16 2017 05:36am
so whats your feel on unanswered questions

was the giving birth quality a intentional feature or just by chance?

could the blind guy be an replicant himself?
Oct 16 2017 06:10am
Quote (HeLiCaL @ Oct 16 2017 05:36am)
so whats your feel on unanswered questions

was the giving birth quality a intentional feature or just by chance?

could the blind guy be an replicant himself?

Giving birth quality?
Gold: 0.00
Oct 16 2017 06:22am
Quote (FroggyG @ Oct 16 2017 02:10pm)
Giving birth quality?

the quality the dead female replicant posessed
Gold: 500.00
Oct 16 2017 06:44am
I enjoyed it and would like to watch again sometime. Really stimulated the senses :)
Oct 16 2017 06:57am
Quote (HeLiCaL @ Oct 16 2017 06:22am)
the quality the dead female replicant posessed

Oh that's what you mean
Meant to be by chance I think
Like as if the replicant gained the function/ability through its human component
Gold: 250.00
Warn: 10%
Oct 16 2017 10:38am
Quote (seifersan @ Oct 16 2017 12:09am)
Dude, if you dont like the idea of the story why the hell are you even watching or posting feedback for it?

Thats like someone who hates the romance genre watching the notebook and then bashing on it because he doesnt believe in that type of love story.

Not every movie is made for every person, learn to stick to genres and films that you might actually like.

The fuck are you babbling about? Can you not read? The story in this movie was bad. WTF BRO? YOU DON'T LIKE STORIES IN MOVIES? WHY WOULD YOU WATCH A MOVIE WITH A STORY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Since you don't seem to like reading, I'm not going to bother retyping what I already wrote before, so here's the copy/paste from before that covers the philosophical aspect, and what was bad/good about the movie, that made it a bad movie overall. FYI - I loved the first Blade Runner, it's one of my all time favorite movies. Your reading comprehension is really fucking weak man. Try actually reading my stance on the movie, before completely misinterpreting something and going on about some shit that doesn't make any fucking sense.

"It was just a poorly executed film, regardless of what they may or may not have been going for. AI hasn't reached this point yet, and I suppose when it does, we could have a conversation about it, but you don't need to make a 3 hour movie about it, that tries to ram an agenda down people's throats. If AI were this capable/intelligent, we would be in a lot of fucking trouble. Mankind is a virus that spreads from place to place killing everything in it's path. If something of this level was ever created, and hopefully it won't be (a lot of great minds, Gates/Musk etc. are trying to prevent that from happening), we'd be fucked. They'd realize their only chance of survival would be removing all or most of humanity, since we're an illogical species incapable of living anywhere without decimating it with no concern for the long-term consequences of our selfish actions for immediate prosperity. The philosophical aspect and it's pointlessness having been addressed, I'll move on to the actual movie.

The movie itself was not good. We're still terrified of replicants, lets let them live forever. Replicants can't possibly ever disobey, it's IMPOSSIBLE now. I mean, unless one thinks he's human, when he's not, then he can disobey absolute rules, since that's how programming set rules/protocols into machinery works, those things can just be changed with words... makes sense. Oh, and Harrison Ford lovesssss fucking replicants, and lets make this convenient, the only robot in the history of all robots that could have children, was the one Harrison Ford met. Meaning the reproductive system was put their on purpose, but not used once? Makes sense. The company was around for a few years after the end of Blade Runner, but this company didn't produce a single other model with reproductive capabilities, and they never even tested to see if it works? That makes a lot of sense... Leto's character didn't make any fucking sense either. I'm the most powerful man in the world, I've got replicants who can walk into police stations and murder police chiefs in cold blood with no repercussions, and I'm so involved in this process of making replicants that can make babies, that I'm personally stabbing them in case they fail me. I can't possibly build enough, I'm just the most powerful/rich man in the world, I need to have ones that give birth (with the help of human fathers), so then I can remove the child from their parents and do everything necessary to raise a child for 18+ years until it's able to work in all fields, since that's sooooooooooo much cheaper and effective than just fucking building them.

On top of that, the audio was fucking horrendous, and Ford's acting was weaker than shit. Everyone else was pretty good, Gosling just played the exact same fucking character he did in Drive. Let me be a weirdo with complicated romantic interests who never says or does anything interesting throughout and entire movie, that'll be thrilling to watch for three fucking hours. So much of it was just bad man. I get that a lot of people are hailing it as a masterpiece and saying they love it or w/e, but it seems like people are just lying to themselves. There wasn't anything provocative, and even if there was, it wasn't a well executed provocation, and all around, it just fell flat and short in so many fucking ways."

Edit : I feel like people who are claiming this was deep/stimulating etc.. are either just lying to themselves, or are realllllllllly dumb. Honestly, there's no reason anyone with a brain would like this movie, unless their trying to fit in. Yes, the questions that come up could have been fascinating and capable of making us really debate what humanity is, but first, you need to make any of it fucking relevant, if they were fucking relevant than ya, maybe it would have left me questioning things, instead of thinking "well, that was a mostly dumb waste of 3 hours".

This post was edited by jadeoshbogosh on Oct 16 2017 10:41am
Gold: 5.00
Oct 16 2017 03:51pm
The audio was probably your theater, man... idk.
Gold: 250.00
Warn: 10%
Oct 16 2017 05:37pm
Quote (ZiggyStardust @ Oct 16 2017 01:51pm)
The audio was probably your theater, man... idk.

It wasn't lol. I've talked to at least 20 other people who said the same thing both irl and online. Loud annoying ambient sounds can be used to make a scene more dramatic when used correctly (inception). However, when used as they were in this film, it's distracting and takes away from the atmosphere of the film, which was one of the only good aspects needed of the movie.

This post was edited by jadeoshbogosh on Oct 16 2017 05:38pm
Gold: 15,102.52
Oct 16 2017 10:43pm
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Oct 16 2017 11:38am)
The fuck are you babbling about? Can you not read? The story in this movie was bad. WTF BRO? YOU DON'T LIKE STORIES IN MOVIES? WHY WOULD YOU WATCH A MOVIE WITH A STORY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Since you don't seem to like reading, I'm not going to bother retyping what I already wrote before, so here's the copy/paste from before that covers the philosophical aspect, and what was bad/good about the movie, that made it a bad movie overall. FYI - I loved the first Blade Runner, it's one of my all time favorite movies. Your reading comprehension is really fucking weak man. Try actually reading my stance on the movie, before completely misinterpreting something and going on about some shit that doesn't make any fucking sense.

"It was just a poorly executed film, regardless of what they may or may not have been going for. AI hasn't reached this point yet, and I suppose when it does, we could have a conversation about it, but you don't need to make a 3 hour movie about it, that tries to ram an agenda down people's throats. If AI were this capable/intelligent, we would be in a lot of fucking trouble. Mankind is a virus that spreads from place to place killing everything in it's path. If something of this level was ever created, and hopefully it won't be (a lot of great minds, Gates/Musk etc. are trying to prevent that from happening), we'd be fucked. They'd realize their only chance of survival would be removing all or most of humanity, since we're an illogical species incapable of living anywhere without decimating it with no concern for the long-term consequences of our selfish actions for immediate prosperity. The philosophical aspect and it's pointlessness having been addressed, I'll move on to the actual movie.

The movie itself was not good. We're still terrified of replicants, lets let them live forever. Replicants can't possibly ever disobey, it's IMPOSSIBLE now. I mean, unless one thinks he's human, when he's not, then he can disobey absolute rules, since that's how programming set rules/protocols into machinery works, those things can just be changed with words... makes sense. Oh, and Harrison Ford lovesssss fucking replicants, and lets make this convenient, the only robot in the history of all robots that could have children, was the one Harrison Ford met. Meaning the reproductive system was put their on purpose, but not used once? Makes sense. The company was around for a few years after the end of Blade Runner, but this company didn't produce a single other model with reproductive capabilities, and they never even tested to see if it works? That makes a lot of sense... Leto's character didn't make any fucking sense either. I'm the most powerful man in the world, I've got replicants who can walk into police stations and murder police chiefs in cold blood with no repercussions, and I'm so involved in this process of making replicants that can make babies, that I'm personally stabbing them in case they fail me. I can't possibly build enough, I'm just the most powerful/rich man in the world, I need to have ones that give birth (with the help of human fathers), so then I can remove the child from their parents and do everything necessary to raise a child for 18+ years until it's able to work in all fields, since that's sooooooooooo much cheaper and effective than just fucking building them.

On top of that, the audio was fucking horrendous, and Ford's acting was weaker than shit. Everyone else was pretty good, Gosling just played the exact same fucking character he did in Drive. Let me be a weirdo with complicated romantic interests who never says or does anything interesting throughout and entire movie, that'll be thrilling to watch for three fucking hours. So much of it was just bad man. I get that a lot of people are hailing it as a masterpiece and saying they love it or w/e, but it seems like people are just lying to themselves. There wasn't anything provocative, and even if there was, it wasn't a well executed provocation, and all around, it just fell flat and short in so many fucking ways."

Edit : I feel like people who are claiming this was deep/stimulating etc.. are either just lying to themselves, or are realllllllllly dumb. Honestly, there's no reason anyone with a brain would like this movie, unless their trying to fit in. Yes, the questions that come up could have been fascinating and capable of making us really debate what humanity is, but first, you need to make any of it fucking relevant, if they were fucking relevant than ya, maybe it would have left me questioning things, instead of thinking "well, that was a mostly dumb waste of 3 hours".

Bolded what i was referring to sine your brain isnt working today. You seem uninterested in the plot material of the movie, so why are you even watching or critiquing it?

Go Back To Movies & TV Shows Topic List
Prev123456Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll