d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Movies & TV Shows > Blade Runner 2049
Prev13456Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 250.00
Warn: 10%
Oct 16 2017 11:07pm
Quote (seifersan @ Oct 16 2017 08:43pm)
Bolded what i was referring to sine your brain isnt working today. You seem uninterested in the plot material of the movie, so why are you even watching or critiquing it?

Blade Runner was one of my favorite movies of all time. How am I suppose to know that they were going to go a different nonsensical direction with it, and then butcher the fuck out of what little story they had with poor pacing, painful audio, and terrible direction on both antagonists?

Seriously, you're not a complete idiot, so I don't know why you're having such a hard time figuring this out. Do you read the script/synopsis of every movie before you go and see it? Of course not, that would be retarded. Once again, loved the original, thought I would love the sequel, but they completely butchered everything that made the original good.... You just don't seem to understand that a story can be told poorly, which is a really fucking strange thing for someone to not be able to comprehend.

This post was edited by jadeoshbogosh on Oct 16 2017 11:10pm
Gold: 15,146.22
Oct 17 2017 06:42am
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Oct 17 2017 12:07am)
Blade Runner was one of my favorite movies of all time. How am I suppose to know that they were going to go a different nonsensical direction with it, and then butcher the fuck out of what little story they had with poor pacing, painful audio, and terrible direction on both antagonists?

Seriously, you're not a complete idiot, so I don't know why you're having such a hard time figuring this out. Do you read the script/synopsis of every movie before you go and see it? Of course not, that would be retarded. Once again, loved the original, thought I would love the sequel, but they completely butchered everything that made the original good.... You just don't seem to understand that a story can be told poorly, which is a really fucking strange thing for someone to not be able to comprehend.

Because the 2 movies hardly differ at all. Both are very slow paced, very little action, and a lot of deep philosophical questions being raised.
Oct 17 2017 12:03pm
Quote (seifersan @ Oct 17 2017 04:42am)
Because the 2 movies hardly differ at all. Both are very slow paced, very little action, and a lot of deep philosophical questions being raised.

You just don't get it.....

I don't care if a movie has zero action, as long as it's done well. A movie can be paced slowly and still work as long as the subject matter is engrossing enough to keep people interested. This movie was not. The original brought up interesting questions and concepts, while this movie just contradicted and executed everything horribly. Again, the acting and actual script in Blade Runner was AMAZING from start to finish, not to mention that the Replicant/Human antagonists were actually interesting characters. In the sequel, the Replicant/Human antagonists were just fucking terrible, Leto's monologue and that entire scene with him stabbing the replicant he just made was one of the worst scenes in the movie and it made no fucking sense, like a lot of the movie. You can't place a set of rules at the beginning of the movie and then just start breaking your own set rules to try and move the plot along, that's bad/lazy story writing. The replicant antagonist was just a horribly written character. She didn't say or do a single remotely interesting thing throughout the entire film and her acting was the worst of the film, close second was Ford. The Daughter and the entire scene with her making memories etc, crying when she sees her memory was AMAZING. That scene was touching and it was so clear right away that she was the daughter. At that point, I was just still under the impression that when they changed the paperwork, that twins were actually born. Of course I was wrong about that, but her being the daughter was a good "Ahah" moment and they did an excellent job of it. Most people I talked to didn't get it right there, making the reveal even greater for them. The philosophical questions that it seems you people are referring to are the exact same ones already discussed a billion times over since the first Blade Runner and since the discussion of AI was first brought up. It doesn't raise any questions that haven't been beaten to death, and the way they went about raising those questions was bland and just bad. There was a lot of bad writing/acting in this film. It seems that you're still just under the impression that I don't like movies if they're not all Michael Bay splosion tastic, when I'm a person who fucking loathes movies with action and no substance. I will ALWAYS take a good story/plot over action. Once again, I loved the first Blade Runner, and it's still in my top 100 list easily. This follow-up was just not a well executed movie. I'm glad you enjoyed it, but I've gone over what I liked/didn't like so much and all I'm hearing from people who like it, are "Oh my, it's so philosophical". I'd love for someone to actually go into their opinions without copy and pasting something they found online, but nothing discussed here was new or interesting. If you're going to open a discussion on something that's been talked about to death, you need to have an innovative way of bringing the conversation into your mind, and they failed to do that.
Gold: 39,837.69
Oct 21 2017 04:08pm
This movie was WEIRD lol
Oct 21 2017 04:19pm
Quote (EmericAn @ Oct 21 2017 02:08pm)
This movie was WEIRD lol

Did you like it?

I wish I would have waited to watch it at home. It was a super weird movie, but the ONLY good thing people keep bringing up, is the philosophical questions, which confuses me, because did people forget that they're the EXACT same fucking questions from a movie 20+ years ago? Making a sequel of an epic movie, and pacing it horribly, putting in two of the worst antagonists imaginable (after an epicly good one in the original), and breaking your own rules that you've set throughout the movie, all to pose questions you've already fucking asked, does not make a good movie lol.
Oct 21 2017 04:34pm
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Oct 21 2017 05:19pm)
Did you like it?

I wish I would have waited to watch it at home. It was a super weird movie, but the ONLY good thing people keep bringing up, is the philosophical questions, which confuses me, because did people forget that they're the EXACT same fucking questions from a movie 20+ years ago? Making a sequel of an epic movie, and pacing it horribly, putting in two of the worst antagonists imaginable (after an epicly good one in the original), and breaking your own rules that you've set throughout the movie, all to pose questions you've already fucking asked, does not make a good movie lol.

I was pretty confused. And I'vw never seen the first

This post was edited by EmericAn on Oct 21 2017 04:34pm
Oct 21 2017 04:45pm
Quote (EmericAn @ Oct 21 2017 02:34pm)
I was pretty confused. And I'vw never seen the first

Got ya.

Thought it was pretty straightforward myself, but I've seen the first probably a hundred times and it's in my list of top hundred movies of all time, or on the cusp, been awhile since I've updated that list.
Oct 21 2017 04:59pm
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Oct 21 2017 05:45pm)
Got ya.

Thought it was pretty straightforward myself, but I've seen the first probably a hundred times and it's in my list of top hundred movies of all time, or on the cusp, been awhile since I've updated that list.

Curious, what’s ur #1
Oct 21 2017 05:14pm
Quote (EmericAn @ Oct 21 2017 02:59pm)
Curious, what’s ur #1

True Romance

It's soooooooooo fucking hard to have a #1, and my top 10 rotates, but that's the one that I've felt the strongest about the mos times.

This post was edited by jadeoshbogosh on Oct 21 2017 05:15pm
Gold: 3.33
Oct 22 2017 03:05pm
It was the best film I've seen in a long time, much better than the original Blade Runner.

The original Blade Runner is not a great film - the pacing is terrible and it's dated asf with people smoking in every scene and terrible voiceovers. I like the dark atmosphere created by the music and visuals, depicting a dystopian society. The moral questions provoked such as what is human is good. But really, it's massively overrated.

On the other hand, Blade Runner 2049 has action, emotion, great acting, great visuals and explores the themes set out in the 1st film just as well. Could have done with a soliloquy at the end though.

Did Wallace remind anyone else of the Illusive Man from Mass Effect?
Go Back To Movies & TV Shows Topic List
Prev13456Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll