d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Movies & TV Shows > Blade Runner 2049
Prev123456Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 250.00
Warn: 10%
Oct 13 2017 11:31am
Quote (chelsea11 @ Oct 12 2017 03:16pm)
I agree. How did it get such good reviews lol? Literally I don't know who was rating this movie

Atmosphere, acting, visuals, story (most of it) were all well above average

It had A LOT of good things about it, but they just completely shit the bed in execution. They could have shortened the movie by an hour by removing a lot of the completely pointless scenes and it would have been a pretty good movie, still not great, but much better.

Also, who else wanted to just walk out at the last fight between the replicants? I was like "who the fuck gives a fucking fuck right now". That was worst fucking climax to a movie ever, they just waited too long and made it too fucking boring, even that.
Gold: 25.20
Oct 13 2017 06:00pm
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Oct 13 2017 11:31am)
Atmosphere, acting, visuals, story (most of it) were all well above average

It had A LOT of good things about it, but they just completely shit the bed in execution. They could have shortened the movie by an hour by removing a lot of the completely pointless scenes and it would have been a pretty good movie, still not great, but much better.

Also, who else wanted to just walk out at the last fight between the replicants? I was like "who the fuck gives a fucking fuck right now". That was worst fucking climax to a movie ever, they just waited too long and made it too fucking boring, even that.

I think too many people came in expecting action
The first blade runner didn't have much action either
Oct 13 2017 06:31pm
Spoiler alert

Oct 14 2017 11:40am
Quote (FroggyG @ Oct 13 2017 04:00pm)
I think too many people came in expecting action
The first blade runner didn't have much action either

Bad pacing and low action can be two entirely different things. This movie had plenty of action, but the action was bad, the pacing was just fucking awful and the story was idiotic.
Oct 14 2017 06:43pm
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Oct 14 2017 11:40am)
Bad pacing and low action can be two entirely different things. This movie had plenty of action, but the action was bad, the pacing was just fucking awful and the story was idiotic.

What? There was almost no action.
Someone getting stabbed / assassinated isn't action.

So that basically just leaves the first small fight at the start, the fight in the water, and the scene where they take Deckard (Harrison).
Barely anything.

Also, this movie isn't focused around story. It's philosophical.
It's about things like what makes a person human, and what is a human vs an AI, and what do humans do vs what AI do

This post was edited by FroggyG on Oct 14 2017 06:47pm
Oct 14 2017 07:22pm
Quote (FroggyG @ Oct 14 2017 04:43pm)
What? There was almost no action.
Someone getting stabbed / assassinated isn't action.

So that basically just leaves the first small fight at the start, the fight in the water, and the scene where they take Deckard (Harrison).
Barely anything.

Also, this movie isn't focused around story. It's philosophical.
It's about things like what makes a person human, and what is a human vs an AI, and what do humans do vs what AI do

And that makes it good? It was just a poorly executed film, regardless of what they may or may not have been going for. AI hasn't reached this point yet, and I suppose when it does, we could have a conversation about it, but you don't need to make a 3 hour movie about it, that tries to ram an agenda down people's throats. If AI were this capable/intelligent, we would be in a lot of fucking trouble. Mankind is a virus that spreads from place to place killing everything in it's path. If something of this level was ever created, and hopefully it won't be (a lot of great minds, Gates/Musk etc. are trying to prevent that from happening), we'd be fucked. They'd realize their only chance of survival would be removing all or most of humanity, since we're an illogical species incapable of living anywhere without decimating it with no concern for the long-term consequences of our selfish actions for immediate prosperity. The philosophical aspect and it's pointlessness having been addressed, I'll move on to the actual movie.

The movie itself was not good. We're still terrified of replicants, lets let them live forever. Replicants can't possibly ever disobey, it's IMPOSSIBLE now. I mean, unless one thinks he's human, when he's not, then he can disobey absolute rules, since that's how programming set rules/protocols into machinery works, those things can just be changed with words... makes sense. Oh, and Harrison Ford lovesssss fucking replicants, and lets make this convenient, the only robot in the history of all robots that could have children, was the one Harrison Ford met. Meaning the reproductive system was put their on purpose, but not used once? Makes sense. The company was around for a few years after the end of Blade Runner, but this company didn't produce a single other model with reproductive capabilities, and they never even tested to see if it works? That makes a lot of sense... Leto's character didn't make any fucking sense either. I'm the most powerful man in the world, I've got replicants who can walk into police stations and murder police chiefs in cold blood with no repercussions, and I'm so involved in this process of making replicants that can make babies, that I'm personally stabbing them in case they fail me. I can't possibly build enough, I'm just the most powerful/rich man in the world, I need to have ones that give birth (with the help of human fathers), so then I can remove the child from their parents and do everything necessary to raise a child for 18+ years until it's able to work in all fields, since that's sooooooooooo much cheaper and effective than just fucking building them.

On top of that, the audio was fucking horrendous, and Ford's acting was weaker than shit. Everyone else was pretty good, Gosling just played the exact same fucking character he did in Drive. Let me be a weirdo with complicated romantic interests who never says or does anything interesting throughout and entire movie, that'll be thrilling to watch for three fucking hours. So much of it was just bad man. I get that a lot of people are hailing it as a masterpiece and saying they lvoe it or w/e, but it seems like people are just lying to themselves. There wasn't anything provocative, and even if there was, it wasn't a well executed provocation, and all around, it just fell flat and short in so many fucking ways.
Oct 14 2017 07:30pm
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Oct 14 2017 07:22pm)
And that makes it good? It was just a poorly executed film, regardless of what they may or may not have been going for. AI hasn't reached this point yet, and I suppose when it does, we could have a conversation about it, but you don't need to make a 3 hour movie about it, that tries to ram an agenda down people's throats. If AI were this capable/intelligent, we would be in a lot of fucking trouble. Mankind is a virus that spreads from place to place killing everything in it's path. If something of this level was ever created, and hopefully it won't be (a lot of great minds, Gates/Musk etc. are trying to prevent that from happening), we'd be fucked. They'd realize their only chance of survival would be removing all or most of humanity, since we're an illogical species incapable of living anywhere without decimating it with no concern for the long-term consequences of our selfish actions for immediate prosperity. The philosophical aspect and it's pointlessness having been addressed, I'll move on to the actual movie.

The movie itself was not good. We're still terrified of replicants, lets let them live forever. Replicants can't possibly ever disobey, it's IMPOSSIBLE now. I mean, unless one thinks he's human, when he's not, then he can disobey absolute rules, since that's how programming set rules/protocols into machinery works, those things can just be changed with words... makes sense. Oh, and Harrison Ford lovesssss fucking replicants, and lets make this convenient, the only robot in the history of all robots that could have children, was the one Harrison Ford met. Meaning the reproductive system was put their on purpose, but not used once? Makes sense. The company was around for a few years after the end of Blade Runner, but this company didn't produce a single other model with reproductive capabilities, and they never even tested to see if it works? That makes a lot of sense... Leto's character didn't make any fucking sense either. I'm the most powerful man in the world, I've got replicants who can walk into police stations and murder police chiefs in cold blood with no repercussions, and I'm so involved in this process of making replicants that can make babies, that I'm personally stabbing them in case they fail me. I can't possibly build enough, I'm just the most powerful/rich man in the world, I need to have ones that give birth (with the help of human fathers), so then I can remove the child from their parents and do everything necessary to raise a child for 18+ years until it's able to work in all fields, since that's sooooooooooo much cheaper and effective than just fucking building them.

On top of that, the audio was fucking horrendous, and Ford's acting was weaker than shit. Everyone else was pretty good, Gosling just played the exact same fucking character he did in Drive. Let me be a weirdo with complicated romantic interests who never says or does anything interesting throughout and entire movie, that'll be thrilling to watch for three fucking hours. So much of it was just bad man. I get that a lot of people are hailing it as a masterpiece and saying they lvoe it or w/e, but it seems like people are just lying to themselves. There wasn't anything provocative, and even if there was, it wasn't a well executed provocation, and all around, it just fell flat and short in so many fucking ways.

Not saying the movie is a masterpiece.
But what the movie did right it did REALLY right (philosophy and atmosphere)
And what it did wrong it did REALLY wrong (the villain's long boring creepy monologues)

This post was edited by FroggyG on Oct 14 2017 07:30pm
Gold: 7,621.00
Oct 15 2017 10:49am
A bit anti climactic but honestly overall I liked it very much.

Loved the music, sound effects and dark psychological feel to it. I think Ridley Scott is the premiere director for sci-fi nowadays. I love how all of his recent movies have this bigger underlying philosophical angle.

I would take an anti climactic movie like this any day over garbage plot lines like transformers.
Oct 15 2017 12:00pm
Quote (ofthevoid @ Oct 15 2017 08:49am)
A bit anti climactic but honestly overall I liked it very much.

Loved the music, sound effects and dark psychological feel to it. I think Ridley Scott is the premiere director for sci-fi nowadays. I love how all of his recent movies have this bigger underlying philosophical angle.

I would take an anti climactic movie like this any day over garbage plot lines like transformers.

Well duh... But it was still a poorly executed movie with a bad story. Unlike transformers, there were at least some enjoyable aspects of this film, but I don't get how people can think it's anything other than mediocre overall with such bad pacing, story and one of the worst villains in modern movie history.
Gold: 15,241.22
Oct 16 2017 02:09am
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Oct 15 2017 01:00pm)
Well duh... But it was still a poorly executed movie with a bad story. Unlike transformers, there were at least some enjoyable aspects of this film, but I don't get how people can think it's anything other than mediocre overall with such bad pacing, story and one of the worst villains in modern movie history.

Dude, if you dont like the idea of the story why the hell are you even watching or posting feedback for it?

Thats like someone who hates the romance genre watching the notebook and then bashing on it because he doesnt believe in that type of love story.

Not every movie is made for every person, learn to stick to genres and films that you might actually like.
Go Back To Movies & TV Shows Topic List
Prev123456Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll