d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Movies & TV Shows > Ozark > Netflix Original Tv Show
Prev123457Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 2,604.99
Aug 10 2017 09:21am
I started this last night & ended up watching the first three episodes. It's surprisingly good so far
Gold: 250.00
Warn: 10%
Aug 10 2017 03:14pm
Quote (IgoSoHard @ Aug 10 2017 07:21am)
I started this last night & ended up watching the first three episodes. It's surprisingly good so far

I felt the same. I had no expectations for this show and I just couldn't stop watching it. This is now easily in the top 3 for Netflix shows. Might even be my #1 if they follow-up with an amazing second season.
Gold: 10,025.00
Aug 11 2017 02:48am
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Aug 10 2017 02:14pm)
I felt the same. I had no expectations for this show and I just couldn't stop watching it. This is now easily in the top 3 for Netflix shows. Might even be my #1 if they follow-up with an amazing second season.

I am on episode 4. But in reference to your comment, I feel like I am the only one who misses single season shows. Undergrads, clone high and mission hill were all amazing.

True detective and AHS also can be counted because they are basically single season shows.
Gold: 0.80
Aug 11 2017 04:59am
Quote (Blah58 @ Aug 11 2017 08:48am)
I am on episode 4. But in reference to your comment, I feel like I am the only one who misses single season shows. Undergrads, clone high and mission hill were all amazing.

True detective and AHS also can be counted because they are basically single season shows.

I like really well done single season shows too. I'd add Fargo.

Ozark has more to offer though, enjoy!
Gold: 0.81
Aug 12 2017 10:33am
Good show
Gold: 250.00
Warn: 10%
Aug 14 2017 12:09am
Quote (WelSh @ Aug 11 2017 02:59am)
I like really well done single season shows too. I'd add Fargo.

Ozark has more to offer though, enjoy!

Agreed.

Would have been fine with it being a single season tbh, but Netflix is in the money making business, and they know there's much more profit to be made in shows that you can drag out for as long as fucking possible. I don't imagine phenomenal endings for any of their shows. House of Cards should have ended at 4 seasons, they just have been dragging that shit out for the sake of dragging it out. I'm thinking that's how all their shit is going to go.

True Detective/Fargo are two of my all time favorite shows and the single season shit just fucking works. You start and end strong and that's the most important thing to me.

That being said, premium channels are doing a decent job picking up novels and turning them into limited series TV shows. I haven't finished the Leftovers yet, but I'm hoping the third season finishes things well. Also, I've got high hopes for American Gods, I loved the first season and it seems as though the show will last at most 4 seasons. I like that. It's got source material that it's mostly sticking to, and rather than keeping the shit going to make some extra fucking pennies, it'll end when it's intended to end on a fucking high note. I just wish other shows could realize that this is what fans would prefer, vs a show running for fucking ever and turning to shit before it gets a mid-season cancellation order and it goes to fucking garbage.
Gold: 12,140.00
Aug 15 2017 06:07am
2 episodes in so far, seems decent but has not lived up to the hype (yet, it's very early). So far it seems like a rip of Breaking Bad, except they fit the first entire season into the first episode (felt very rushed).

Main character has unrealistic balls/smarts/ability to be convincing... what the hell was the scene with him going into the public bathroom with a family of hillbilly criminals who have a gun and $3 mil in cash and convincing them to just walk away in about 2 minutes lol.

Also does anyone else get a weird gloomy tone when watching it as if it was a scary/suspense show instead of a drug/money/crime show? Like when he went into the woods to "pee" it felt like someone or something was going to pop out and attack him.

This post was edited by LuLer on Aug 15 2017 06:08am
Gold: 4.37
Aug 15 2017 07:54am
Quote (LuLer @ Aug 15 2017 12:07pm)
2 episodes in so far, seems decent but has not lived up to the hype (yet, it's very early). So far it seems like a rip of Breaking Bad, except they fit the first entire season into the first episode (felt very rushed).

Main character has unrealistic balls/smarts/ability to be convincing... what the hell was the scene with him going into the public bathroom with a family of hillbilly criminals who have a gun and $3 mil in cash and convincing them to just walk away in about 2 minutes lol.

Also does anyone else get a weird gloomy tone when watching it as if it was a scary/suspense show instead of a drug/money/crime show? Like when he went into the woods to "pee" it felt like someone or something was going to pop out and attack him.

I agree with you about the bathroom scene. Didn't seem quite realistic, unless these rednecks truly have a fear of cartel.
Gold: 10,025.00
Aug 15 2017 11:17am
Finished it. Jeeze I was really hoping the mexican would kill the red necks not the other way around. They are such self-righteous assholes, that kind of person pisses me off so much.
Gold: 0.80
Aug 15 2017 11:25am
Quote (Blah58 @ Aug 15 2017 05:17pm)
Finished it. Jeeze I was really hoping the mexican would kill the red necks not the other way around. They are such self-righteous assholes, that kind of person pisses me off so much.

same - they'll get merked next season
Go Back To Movies & TV Shows Topic List
Prev123457Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll