d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Movies & TV Shows > Ozark > Netflix Original Tv Show
Prev12347Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 4.37
Jul 31 2017 08:33am
watched the first episode last night and greatly enjoyed it.
Gold: 0.80
Aug 3 2017 01:44pm
That was a great opening season.

However, wtf was with the strange pointless unrealistic water scenes? (the forced suspense near drown events - daughter, then baby in last episode)

Irritated me.

Aug 6 2017 06:28am
Quote (WelSh @ Aug 3 2017 07:44pm)
That was a great opening season.

However, wtf was with the strange pointless unrealistic water scenes? (the forced suspense near drown events - daughter, then baby in last episode)

Irritated me.

Yeah, I thought the daughter was going to find something at the bottom of the lake. Then...nothing.

I enjoyed the season, but I don't think it needs a second one.

Aug 6 2017 07:01am
Quote (stupidkid282 @ Aug 6 2017 12:28pm)
Yeah, I thought the daughter was going to find something at the bottom of the lake. Then...nothing.

I enjoyed the season, but I don't think it needs a second one.

why not?
Aug 6 2017 07:57am
Quote (WelSh @ Aug 6 2017 01:01pm)
why not?

Spoils

I felt like it concluded the current situation with the cartel.
With his family returning, it insinuates that they would be continuing this lifestyle together, because staying a family was more important. You could also conclude that they would continue dealing with the hillbillies and more cartel would come....but that's a common narrative that's already been done, in my opinion.
Aug 6 2017 08:24am
Quote (stupidkid282 @ Aug 6 2017 01:57pm)
Spoils

I felt like it concluded the current situation with the cartel.
With his family returning, it insinuates that they would be continuing this lifestyle together, because staying a family was more important. You could also conclude that they would continue dealing with the hillbillies and more cartel would come....but that's a common narrative that's already been done, in my opinion.

Fair enough but most narratives have already been done. I'd like to see more to be honest. There are lots of interesting characters that have only been touched upon briefly imo.

Bateman kills it as Marty, not normally a huge fan of his work but i liked him in this.. had sort of a Walter White vibe going on. want to see how he deals with the Mexican bosses who'll no doubt start showing up soon.

Ruth - best character in the show imo, want to see more from her and how she copes with keeping the fact she killed her uncles(?) a secret from her cousins. And how she plays it with Marty.

Buddy - deffo has a very dark past, would like to know more. Plus even though he's on deaths door i think he has lots more to add to the story.

Hillbillys - They're just crazy, i like how they obviously know Marty works for some serious people but they still don't give a fuck. Another interesting dynamic to watch out for when the cartel start showing up.

This post was edited by WelSh on Aug 6 2017 08:25am
Aug 6 2017 09:30am
Quote (WelSh @ Aug 6 2017 02:24pm)
Fair enough but most narratives have already been done. I'd like to see more to be honest. There are lots of interesting characters that have only been touched upon briefly imo.

Bateman kills it as Marty, not normally a huge fan of his work but i liked him in this.. had sort of a Walter White vibe going on. want to see how he deals with the Mexican bosses who'll no doubt start showing up soon.

Ruth - best character in the show imo, want to see more from her and how she copes with keeping the fact she killed her uncles(?) a secret from her cousins. And how she plays it with Marty.

Buddy - deffo has a very dark past, would like to know more. Plus even though he's on deaths door i think he has lots more to add to the story.

Hillbillys - They're just crazy, i like how they obviously know Marty works for some serious people but they still don't give a fuck. Another interesting dynamic to watch out for when the cartel start showing up.

I will admit, yes, usually don't care for Bateman, but he did well here.

I kind of disliked the hillbillies lack of fear of the cartel. The cartel could easily outnumber them with men and guns, and automatic guns.
Gold: 250.00
Warn: 10%
Aug 8 2017 10:49am
Can't believe how good this show was. Netflix really stepped it up and made an HBO quality show with this one. A must watch to anyone who loves good TV.
Gold: 1,120.01
Aug 8 2017 11:08am
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Aug 8 2017 12:49pm)
Can't believe how good this show was. Netflix really stepped it up and made an HBO quality show with this one. A must watch to anyone who loves good TV.

Me and you have literally the same taste in shows it feels like :rofl:

On episode 4 now and am very interested in it. Jason Bateman does an amazing job.
Gold: 250.00
Warn: 10%
Aug 8 2017 11:28am
Quote (Greet @ Aug 8 2017 09:08am)
Me and you have literally the same taste in shows it feels like :rofl:

On episode 4 now and am very interested in it. Jason Bateman does an amazing job.

It's incredibly solid man. I binged the entire thing in two days, I could not put it down.
Go Back To Movies & TV Shows Topic List
Prev12347Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll