d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Movies & TV Shows > Ozark > Netflix Original Tv Show
Prev1234567Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 150.00
Aug 18 2017 05:15pm
its entertaining which is all that matters i guess. but just some stuff makes no sense to me. like why would they rely on all of their heroin distribution on some random water church? if theyre untouchable because its a church then just distribute ur shit in the newly built church. if ur only untouchable on the water then just distribute on the water without the church?
why would these random rednecks that seem to be so down with the murder game let marty go and keep his money?
would still recommend i mean every tv show has shit like this but is easy to get past.
Gold: 2,094.99
Aug 18 2017 05:45pm
Quote (MutatedBeaveR @ Aug 18 2017 06:15pm)
its entertaining which is all that matters i guess. but just some stuff makes no sense to me. like why would they rely on all of their heroin distribution on some random water church? if theyre untouchable because its a church then just distribute ur shit in the newly built church. if ur only untouchable on the water then just distribute on the water without the church?
why would these random rednecks that seem to be so down with the murder game let marty go and keep his money?
would still recommend i mean every tv show has shit like this but is easy to get past.

If they distribute on the water without doing it under the cover of a church-water-service, they're much more likely to garnish attention from an unwanted source. It's one of those if it's not broke don't fix it/don't mess with a good thing, type of thing.

Killing Marty & taking the money wouldn't be worth the headache of having the cartel come after you. They're already making a ton of money as it is.
Gold: 10,025.00
Aug 18 2017 06:39pm
Quote (IgoSoHard @ Aug 18 2017 04:45pm)
If they distribute on the water without doing it under the cover of a church-water-service, they're much more likely to garnish attention from an unwanted source. It's one of those if it's not broke don't fix it/don't mess with a good thing, type of thing.

Killing Marty & taking the money wouldn't be worth the headache of having the cartel come after you. They're already making a ton of money as it is.

I don't see why it wouldn't have worked in an actual Church thb. Keep with the same distribution method, hand out books as people enter, grab them when people leave. Tbh felt kind of flimsy, but they needed to get the red necks in the somehow so whatever.
Aug 19 2017 04:59pm
Quote (IgoSoHard @ Aug 18 2017 07:45pm)

i really doubt local pd wouldve even caught them if they murdered marty. not that cartels dont have their methods its just that marty had just moved down. knows 0 people. itd be really hard to connect the dots.
Gold: 250.00
Warn: 10%
Aug 19 2017 05:38pm
Quote (MutatedBeaveR @ Aug 19 2017 02:59pm)
i really doubt local pd wouldve even caught them if they murdered marty. not that cartels dont have their methods its just that marty had just moved down. knows 0 people. itd be really hard to connect the dots.

It would take them all of 5 minutes.....

All it takes is one dumbass redneck talking about having an extra money to burn or some dumb ass in the area buying some lavish shit outside their means and he and everyone he knows is dead. People talk, and that's how people die. Stupid people talk more, and rednecks are often very fucking stupid.

This post was edited by jadeoshbogosh on Aug 19 2017 05:38pm
Aug 19 2017 07:42pm
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Aug 19 2017 07:38pm)
It would take them all of 5 minutes.....

All it takes is one dumbass redneck talking about having an extra money to burn or some dumb ass in the area buying some lavish shit outside their means and he and everyone he knows is dead. People talk, and that's how people die. Stupid people talk more, and rednecks are often very fucking stupid.

throughout the show the langmores didnt really come off as your dumb junkie kind of redneck. the the older son and ruth seem pretty smart. the reasons marty gave them to not take the money were really just reasons to take the money, basically what not to do once u take this money and kill me.
and besides they were so game to kill him after letting him go it just seems weird that they even let him go to begin with. the fact that theyre now publicly acquainted because ruth works under marty and their whole family knows eachother itd be a lot harder to hide from that vs just meeting him.

langmores didnt seem dumb enough to do flashy shit and get caught and they were never shown with outsiders they only hung out with eachother so who are they going brag to? and there was no way the cartel was going to come after the langmores unless marty was chipped and mic'd at all times theyd have
no idea who robbed/killed him in a city and state they have 0 connections in. drug cartels are too big to spend time on $5-8mil.
Gold: 12,140.00
Aug 26 2017 04:15am
Wife figures out husband's password in 3 tries

> Husband keeps video of his wife cheating on him on his computer, file is named after the guy she's cheating with

faaaaaaaantastic :rofl:

Gold: 63,142.89
Sep 2 2017 04:58am
about 2 episodes in

avoided reading the thread so i wouldnt see spoilers

the show seems well done and interesting, the only criticism i have so far is that it reeks of a Breaking Bad ripoff. They took the essential components of BB and just shifted the pieces around a little. In BB, they started money laundering late in the show, whereas in Ozark that's the starting point and then he "breaks" into other aspects.

This post was edited by Kayeto on Sep 2 2017 04:58am
Sep 2 2017 03:59pm
Quote (Kayeto @ Sep 2 2017 06:58am)
about 2 episodes in

avoided reading the thread so i wouldnt see spoilers

the show seems well done and interesting, the only criticism i have so far is that it reeks of a Breaking Bad ripoff. They took the essential components of BB and just shifted the pieces around a little. In BB, they started money laundering late in the show, whereas in Ozark that's the starting point and then he "breaks" into other aspects.

good you didnt read and dont worry i wont spoil anything but

while i agree its reminiscent of BB your last point isn't why. BB is about a guy whos just a teacher and gets diagnosed with cancer. so hes broke and now has cancer so hes like fuck it im gonna sell meth. money laundering comes in because its dirty money

ozark is a guy who is just your average accountant who gets a client that works for a drug cartel and needs his money laundered.

the meth in BB is like the money laundering in ozark.

This post was edited by MutatedBeaveR on Sep 2 2017 04:00pm
Gold: 10,025.00
Sep 2 2017 04:42pm
Quote (MutatedBeaveR @ Sep 2 2017 02:59pm)
good you didnt read and dont worry i wont spoil anything but

while i agree its reminiscent of BB your last point isn't why. BB is about a guy whos just a teacher and gets diagnosed with cancer. so hes broke and now has cancer so hes like fuck it im gonna sell meth. money laundering comes in because its dirty money

ozark is a guy who is just your average accountant who gets a client that works for a drug cartel and needs his money laundered.

the meth in BB is like the money laundering in ozark.

Ozark is like BB without the annoying parts.
Go Back To Movies & TV Shows Topic List
Prev1234567Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll