d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > War With North Korea
Prev123456199Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 2,570.91
Apr 15 2017 07:44pm
Quote (Scaly @ 16 Apr 2017 03:17)
Neither would the GOP's new 'slimmed down' healthcare plan. Congress wouldn't allow that... dunno if China can stop Trump tbh.

Isn't a huge chunk of the US's debt on China's hands? I know that doesn't mean that China owns the US and can tell them what to do, but if things get heated it's still probably enough to influence them to not wage this war. It just isn't worth it.
Gold: 10,655.00
Apr 15 2017 07:45pm
https://www.n2yo.com/satellites/?c=&t=country

/e

Quote (zarkadon @ Apr 15 2017 08:44pm)
Isn't a huge chunk of the US's debt on China's hands? I know that doesn't mean that China owns the US and can tell them what to do, but if things get heated it's still probably enough to influence them to not wage this war. It just isn't worth it.

The US doesn't want war. Neither does Russia or China. North Korea wants political/economic leverage.

Already China has cut off trade relations with NK. They also already have anti ballistic missile weapons near NK
The US has moved a carrier strike force (mostly anti ballistic missile ships) close to NK.
Russia has moved anti ballistic weapons near NK.

What's so hard to understand? NO ONE wants WWIII. Whacko Kim Jong-un is trying to get everyone all riled up so he can use that for political/economic leverage.
He won't get anyone riled up, except a few kids on PaRD. So he can't use it for leverage.
Kim is about to wake up and smell the: You're not big enough to cause enough problems to be able to use the resulting chaos as leverage... coffee.

Then again...I guess the topic wouldn't be as fun, if we were realistic. :/

Not naming any names though.... Scaly-Saucisson

This post was edited by Ghot on Apr 15 2017 07:58pm
Gold: 17,384.69
Apr 15 2017 07:50pm
Quote (Ghot @ 16 Apr 2017 02:45)

Zero sense list since you can buy them without controlling the process (design, launch, communication...). Im sorry to say you have a serious understanding problem.

Btw prolly another prowess of our great leader, the light of revolution, to be able to design a full lauch while being isolated by others countries - even suspicious -.
Gold: 0.00
Apr 15 2017 08:19pm
"We have something big planned for today!!!"

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-39612095

Consider me, again, wildly unimpressed. :rolleyes:
Apr 15 2017 08:19pm
Quote (Saucisson6000 @ Apr 15 2017 08:50pm)
Zero sense list since you can buy them without controlling the process (design, launch, communication...). Im sorry to say you have a serious understanding problem.

Btw prolly another prowess of our great leader, the light of revolution, to be able to design a full lauch while being isolated by others countries - even suspicious -.

First, see my edit above.

Second, both the US and Russia had satellites up before anyone, and they sure weren't buying the tech from each other.
So NK doing it with everyone watching...means nothing.

No one but the NK, is shooting anyone else's satellites down.

I don't see where your argument makes any sense at all.

/e Yet more evidence that the only country trying cause any problems with anyone...is NK.

Quote (WNxIrvine @ Apr 15 2017 09:19pm)
"We have something big planned for today!!!"

Consider me, again, wildly unimpressed. :rolleyes:

This post was edited by Ghot on Apr 15 2017 08:22pm
Apr 15 2017 08:39pm
Quote (Ghot @ 16 Apr 2017 01:45)
https://www.n2yo.com/satellites/?c=&t=country

/e

The US doesn't want war. Neither does Russia or China. North Korea wants political/economic leverage.

Already China has cut off trade relations with NK. They also already have anti ballistic missile weapons near NK
The US has moved a carrier strike force (mostly anti ballistic missile ships) close to NK.
Russia has moved anti ballistic weapons near NK.

What's so hard to understand? NO ONE wants WWIII. Whacko Kim Jong-un is trying to get everyone all riled up so he can use that for political/economic leverage.
He won't get anyone riled up, except a few kids on PaRD. So he can't use it for leverage.
Kim is about to wake up and smell the: You're not big enough to cause enough problems to be able to use the resulting chaos as leverage... coffee.

Then again...I guess the topic wouldn't be as fun, if we were realistic. :/

Not naming any names though.... Scaly-Saucisson

Yea - nobody is riled up. That's why China is begging for Russia to help chill shit out.

You act like you know shit and condescend to me like you have some kind of superior insight but you don't offer any evidence of this imaginary authority you have on the subject.

Just like every other low-info guy who thinks he's hot shit but has to bold his text to make himself feel noticed.

This post was edited by Scaly on Apr 15 2017 08:40pm
Gold: 260.11
Apr 15 2017 08:42pm
Quote (zarkadon @ Apr 15 2017 07:44pm)

Like 20% I think. however we have agreements on how things are paid. If they try to say "gimme my money back" we could just as easily say no, and then that very asset becomes less valuable. So it really doesn't do much to call us on it. Better investment to just let it ride than try to influence.
Apr 15 2017 08:48pm
Moving a Carrier strike force, or Russia moving anti ballistic weapons nearer to NK, is NOT getting "riled up". It's just being prepared for what one North Korean whacko...MIGHT do.
Are you averring that it would be wiser to just sit back and let North Korea do w/e it wants, to whomever it wants? Doesn't seem like too healthy of an outlook.

Do you honestly believe that even IF the NK launched a nuke carrying ICBM at the US, that we wouldn't just shoot it down, long before it got anywhere near the US.
This would be the same ICBM, that failed in testing...today?

There are a lot of people who read these forums. Is there some reason you want them all worried and looking over their shoulders.
Arguing whether Trump or Hillary is the bigger idiot, is one thing. Getting forum readers all worried about things that are simply not true, is another.

This BBC article from an hour ago (posted by someone else above), pretty much says the same thing I've been saying.

This post was edited by Ghot on Apr 15 2017 08:51pm
Apr 15 2017 09:06pm
Quote (Ghot @ 16 Apr 2017 02:48)
Moving a Carrier strike force, or Russia moving anti ballistic weapons nearer to NK, is NOT getting "riled up". It's just being prepared for what one North Korean whacko...MIGHT do.
Are you averring that it would be wiser to just sit back and let North Korea do w/e it wants, to whomever it wants? Doesn't seem like too healthy of an outlook.

Do you honestly believe that even IF the NK launched a nuke carrying ICBM at the US, that we wouldn't just shoot it down, long before it got anywhere near the US.
This would be the same ICBM, that failed in testing...today?

There are a lot of people who read these forums. Is there some reason you want them all worried and looking over their shoulders.
Arguing whether Trump or Hillary is the bigger idiot, is one thing. Getting forum readers all worried about things that are simply not true, is another.

This BBC article from an hour ago (posted by someone else above), pretty much says the same thing I've been saying.

No it doesn't. It says
China's Foreign Minister Wang Yi warned that the situation in the region was escalating, adding that "conflict could break out at any moment".

Nowhere does it say 'everybody chill - there's no way this could escalate'.

Stop being a condescending dick and provide some evidence for your opinion or fuck off.
Apr 15 2017 09:14pm
Quote (Scaly @ Apr 15 2017 10:06pm)
No it doesn't. It says

Nowhere does it say 'everybody chill - there's no way this could escalate'.

Stop being a condescending dick and provide some evidence for your opinion or fuck off.

LMAO. I seem to remember the article being much longer than that.
Would this be more of the fear mongering I am accusing you of?

There are many ways to read the situation in/with North Korea.

The US and Russia are NOT moving country annihilating weapons near North Korea. They ARE moving many anti-ballistic missile weapons near North Korea.
Doesn't that tell you anything?

You have a country trying to motivate other countries into certain political/economic actions with threats of nuclear exchange. Whether Kim blames the US or himself is not the point.
The ACTIONS of the world's three super powers ARE the point. China ceased trade with NK. Both the US and Russia moved DEFENSIVE weapons nearer to NK.

Which part do you not understand?

The UN told NK to stop nuclear and missile testing years ago. NK ignored them. Now the world's three super powers are peacefully getting ready for w/e Kim may do.
No one is invading NK, no one is shooting at the NK.

Why the bold/red topic? Why the fear mongering?

/e You DO know what ANTI ballistic missile weapons are, correct?

/ee As for "evidence", besides using your brain to actually think about things...many folks, myself included, provided "evidence" in the previous NK topic, which you and Saucisson effectively ...ended, and started this topic.

This post was edited by Ghot on Apr 15 2017 09:18pm
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev123456199Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll