d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > War With North Korea
Prev1170171172173174199Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 2,617.52
Apr 26 2018 11:31am
Quote (thesnipa @ Apr 26 2018 01:28pm)
I agree with everything up to there. not because that's not my wish but because it's fairly impossible. The kims have killed too many people in too horrific of ways to stay in power forever. I don't think its the goal of the Trump administration to remove the regime, that's a very dicey move. But i think the actual peace on the peninsula requires that. the only feasible plan is to carve out a kingdom for Kim and his regime in the form of a high profile cushy prison for them to live out their days in while ceding the control to the south. that's a hard sell for any negotiator but we're closer to that with Un than we ever could have been with Il.

as sad as it makes me i'm convinced this is all an act by kim to stave off invasion chances. even tho that is a low chance Trump is more likely (in his mind) than obama-Clinton-bush ever were. SK is a more important partner now than ever, and China is in the mix. shit's getting stickier year by year just based on the overlying politics of the region, then toss in Russia and it gets really sticky at times.

Kim is going to "denuclearize" and just hold his nukes, stop tests, get cash, oil, and supplies, then resume the status quo for the rest of the Trump presidency

I agree
Gold: 2,489.69
Apr 26 2018 11:36am
Quote (EndlessSky @ Apr 26 2018 11:31am)
I agree

its a ruse too many people are buying.

"i can get rid of nukes if it just stops you from invading me", said the guy who can't be invaded as long as he has nukes.

they have played the big boys against each other for decades and they're still at it. playing on the Chinese-Russian-SK-USA unwillingness to just force them out of govt. No one wants the Kim's out if it means the north goes over the enemy influence. no matter how many times Ghot claims NK is nothing but a Chinese pawn it's not correct. they are when it serves them and not when it doesn't. the only real tie they have is a strong hate for the Japanese over all other Asian cultures.
Gold: 17,384.69
Apr 26 2018 01:33pm
Usa is probably the last contry interested by peace in the axis of [China-Japan-NK-SK] and this for logical reasons (out of any opinion)

http://www.lemonde.fr/international/article/2018/04/26/les-sud-coreens-plebiscitent-le-pacifisme-de-leur-president_5291153_3210.html

President Moon's choices confirm recognition of North Korea as a country with a legitimate regime, and Kim Jong-un as a key partner in the discussions. This choice, which could be indispensable for negotiating a peace agreement, goes against the principle in force in the South and in the North, according to which the other Korea is illegitimate. The South Korean Constitution stipulates that its territory "includes the Korean peninsula and the adjacent islands" and that Seoul "seeks unification".
Mr. Moon's positions are criticized by the conservative camp, which fears a reduction in sanctions against the North. Hong Joon-pyo, leader of the opposition Freedom Party in Korea (LKP), sees the summits as "political shows*". "If North Korea does not give up its nuclear weapons, any agreement between the two Koreas will only benefit the enemy," he wrote on April 23 on Facebook. For him, the "inter-Korean comedy of the Moon administration weakens the alliance with the United States." And to add: "It reminds me of the Chamberlain Munich Agreement of 1938."

The only people that could eventually care about these koreans peasants... Are south koreans.

*edit: translation is more likely "political comedy" or "theater play"

This post was edited by Saucisson6000 on Apr 26 2018 01:35pm
Gold: 945.00
Apr 26 2018 02:16pm
Quote (thesnipa @ Apr 26 2018 06:28pm)
I agree with everything up to there. not because that's not my wish but because it's fairly impossible. The kims have killed too many people in too horrific of ways to stay in power forever. I don't think its the goal of the Trump administration to remove the regime, that's a very dicey move. But i think the actual peace on the peninsula requires that. the only feasible plan is to carve out a kingdom for Kim and his regime in the form of a high profile cushy prison for them to live out their days in while ceding the control to the south. that's a hard sell for any negotiator but we're closer to that with Un than we ever could have been with Il.

as sad as it makes me i'm convinced this is all an act by kim to stave off invasion chances. even tho that is a low chance Trump is more likely (in his mind) than obama-Clinton-bush ever were. SK is a more important partner now than ever, and China is in the mix. shit's getting stickier year by year just based on the overlying politics of the region, then toss in Russia and it gets really sticky at times.

Kim is going to "denuclearize" and just hold his nukes, stop tests, get cash, oil, and supplies, then resume the status quo for the rest of the Trump presidency.

The situation is getting stickier indeed, players in the area are trying to gain more power in one way or another. And the US, is trying to not see their power being reduced in the area. The argument for the Kim regime needed to be toppled to reach the "peace" you mention is a reason for the impossible state to need the nukes. And indeed they will not dismantle them all. Or they will and at the same time make a few of the improved versions to stock them up. The term "denuclearize" is the newly achieved negotiation position, from where "benefits" are given to NK. Yet a better representation is: it will be used to lift the harsh sanctions. (Probably somewhat similar to the Iran deal). Where Iran is still being held in a somewhat cushy prison within the deal, that would be a bit different in NK. They'd have to move forwards into allowing checks on their facilities. And I don't see that happening easily. Yet I do see progress possible with Un in office, although I saw that with Il as well. It has not always him breaking made deals. Bush did the same.

The thing is though, if we are setting in a path of de-escalation, then I'd be for giving some of the economy back, I'm expecting that to save quite a few lives in NK.

This post was edited by Knoppie on Apr 26 2018 02:18pm
Gold: 0.00
Apr 26 2018 02:36pm
Quote (Saucisson6000 @ Apr 27 2018 05:33am)
Usa is probably the last contry interested by peace in the axis of [China-Japan-NK-SK] and this for logical reasons (out of any opinion)

http://www.lemonde.fr/international/article/2018/04/26/les-sud-coreens-plebiscitent-le-pacifisme-de-leur-president_5291153_3210.html

President Moon's choices confirm recognition of North Korea as a country with a legitimate regime, and Kim Jong-un as a key partner in the discussions. This choice, which could be indispensable for negotiating a peace agreement, goes against the principle in force in the South and in the North, according to which the other Korea is illegitimate. The South Korean Constitution stipulates that its territory "includes the Korean peninsula and the adjacent islands" and that Seoul "seeks unification".
Mr. Moon's positions are criticized by the conservative camp, which fears a reduction in sanctions against the North. Hong Joon-pyo, leader of the opposition Freedom Party in Korea (LKP), sees the summits as "political shows*". "If North Korea does not give up its nuclear weapons, any agreement between the two Koreas will only benefit the enemy," he wrote on April 23 on Facebook. For him, the "inter-Korean comedy of the Moon administration weakens the alliance with the United States." And to add: "It reminds me of the Chamberlain Munich Agreement of 1938."

The only people that could eventually care about these koreans peasants... Are south koreans.

*edit: translation is more likely "political comedy" or "theater play"

Hong Jun-pyo's opinion is nil. He lost to Moon Jae-in in the recent presidential elections and is bitter. South Korean conservatives have done nothing to ease relations with North Korea and overall have lost credibility in matters relating to North Korea imo.
Gold: 17,384.69
Apr 26 2018 03:29pm
Quote (CoheedAndCambria @ 26 Apr 2018 21:36)
Hong Jun-pyo's opinion is nil. He lost to Moon Jae-in in the recent presidential elections and is bitter. South Korean conservatives have done nothing to ease relations with North Korea and overall have lost credibility in matters relating to North Korea imo.

For sure those conservatives lost the elections, doesnt means they are wrong about this "peace comedy".
South korean people are probably pissed off since a while now so they are trying something else: even if they know there's no solution...

Do you think KIM dynasty & associated military will quit their nuclear power ? yes or no ?
Gold: 7,525.35
Apr 26 2018 10:17pm
'North Korea's Kim Jong-un crosses into South Korea
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-43914208
Gold: 88.36
Warn: 30%
Apr 26 2018 10:27pm
korean bitches are hot
Please don't nuke them.
Thanks
Gold: 83.30
Apr 27 2018 02:41am
Quote (StrategiesOfPeace @ Apr 27 2018 04:27am)
korean bitches are hot
Please don't nuke them.
Thanks

Been there and they're not all k-pop stars. Also massive amounts of plastic surgery. And attitudes.

\offtopic

Real interested to see what's going to happen now. I mean, it's all on Kim in a way, he's the one that has to make the move for reunification. If that happens he'll likely have a clause that will absolve him of all his cruelty, which is too bad.
Gold: 22,189.49
Apr 27 2018 03:04am
So the North and South are signing a peace treaty right now, Moon & Kim have planted a tree to commemorate the end of the Korean War
maybe time for mods to close this thread? :thumbsup:
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1170171172173174199Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll