d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > War With North Korea
Prev1169170171172173199Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 17,384.69
Apr 25 2018 06:37pm
Quote (Ghot @ 26 Apr 2018 01:23)
post #1694

y but your reuters link have nearly no technical information, so mine is way better
Gold: 10,655.00
Apr 25 2018 06:44pm
Quote (Saucisson6000 @ Apr 25 2018 08:37pm)
y but your reuters link have nearly no technical information, so mine is way better

We already knew from the reports of his sixth test that his test site collapsed. Or at least it was believed to have collapsed.
Gold: 4,673.69
Apr 26 2018 02:34am
You just got blessed by the Glorious Leader! :)
Gold: 0.00
Apr 26 2018 07:44am
Quote (IceMage @ Apr 21 2018 06:27am)
Will Trump get the nobel peace prize before or after he's kicked out of office?

LMAO!

I think it would be nice if the prize was given to both Korean presidents. Even though the nuclear program is responsible for much of this peace, Moon Jae-In has also contributed well, ignoring Trump’s warmongering rants and cooperating with Marshall Kim Jong-Un’s desire to have the DPRK treated with dignity. A shared Nobel Peace prize would be a fantastic way to honor the sentiment of Korean brotherhood and the desire for peace and unity.
Gold: 3,100.00
Apr 26 2018 08:08am
Quote (DPRK @ Apr 26 2018 09:44am)
LMAO!

I think it would be nice if the prize was given to both Korean presidents. Even though the nuclear program is responsible for much of this peace, Moon Jae-In has also contributed well, ignoring Trump’s warmongering rants and cooperating with Marshall Kim Jong-Un’s desire to have the DPRK treated with dignity. A shared Nobel Peace prize would be a fantastic way to honor the sentiment of Korean brotherhood and the desire for peace and unity.

Giving it to Moon Jae-In wouldn’t be a bad idea.
Gold: 2,489.69
Apr 26 2018 09:20am
Quote (DPRK @ Apr 26 2018 07:44am)
LMAO!

yes. in an attempt to get NK treated with dignity Kim has converted half of his people to the status of dogs. bold strategy, let's see how it works for him cotton.

you're a troll or propogandist, for your sake i hope troll. if you're really a NK regime sympathizer who's willfully ignoring your countrymen and their families being drug off to prison camps you deserve a slow and painful death that i pray you receive.
Gold: 945.00
Apr 26 2018 10:45am
Quote (thesnipa @ Apr 26 2018 04:20pm)
yes. in an attempt to get NK treated with dignity Kim has converted half of his people to the status of dogs. bold strategy, let's see how it works for him cotton.

Well.. Now Kim is entering the negotiation table with the presidents of the armies at its border, something his predecessors didn't reach (that can be seen as treated with dignity, or being taken serious). And Kim has nuclear facilities and bombs as bargaining chips, while retaining the status of a nuclear power because knowledge cannot be dismantled.

With NK's sovereignty assured, there is room to make life better for the citizens. Getting rid of the sanctions should have priority, unless Kim is a monster :D
Apr 26 2018 10:49am
Quote (Knoppie @ Apr 26 2018 10:45am)
Well.. Now Kim is entering the negotiation table with the presidents of the armies at its border, something his predecessors didn't reach (that can be seen as treated with dignity, or being taken serious). And Kim has nuclear facilities and bombs as bargaining chips, while retaining the status of a nuclear power because knowledge cannot be dismantled.

With NK's sovereignty assured, there is room to make life better for the citizens. Getting rid of the sanctions should have priority, unless Kim is a monster :D

they've always been un-invade-able as they have always had too much cold war missile tech pointed at the south for anyone to risk coming in. this development of nuclear gets big players involved not only out of fear but because they're playing with highly problematic stuff, an accident could easily occur, and as a terrorist state they could easily ship info/materials to Iran or wherever.

given the reports about the collapse of their nuclear testing site I'd say Kim didn't choose to come to the table, he's out of options and need to extort the US and China for a payoff. But i dont think he really cares about the sanctions much, he's be happy to let most of the lower castes starve, as soon as he gets the last drops of labor out of them in a camp.

This post was edited by thesnipa on Apr 26 2018 10:49am
Gold: 945.00
Apr 26 2018 11:04am
Quote (thesnipa @ Apr 26 2018 05:49pm)
they've always been un-invade-able as they have always had enough cold war missile tech pointed at the south for anyone to risk coming in. this development of nuclear gets big players involved not only out of fear but because they're playing with highly problematic stuff, an accident could easily occur, and as a terrorist state they could easily ship info/materials to Iran or wherever.

given the reports about the collapse of their nuclear testing site I'd say Kim didn't choose to come to the table, he's out of options and need to extort the US and China for a payoff. But i dont think he really cares about the sanctions much, he's be happy to let most of the lower castes starve, as soon as he gets the last drops of labor out of them in a camp.

Yeah, Chinese information indicates the site being destroyed by the last Hbomb. There are always options to continue testing somewhere else, but the benefits of them are diminishing due to already having demonstrated the tech. Further tests would also further contaminate the ground, which is not the best for the citizens living there. This would actually be somewhat funny in that: changing diplomacy would be a result of the Hbomb successfully destroying a mountain.

NK connects to China, Russia and SK with the US army. I'd grant them that a bit of fear of being invaded is logical. Let's hope further diplomacy will steer away from this seen need to arm the country up to defend itself.

This post was edited by Knoppie on Apr 26 2018 11:05am
Apr 26 2018 11:28am
Quote (Knoppie @ Apr 26 2018 11:04am)
Yeah, Chinese information indicates the site being destroyed by the last Hbomb. There are always options to continue testing somewhere else, but the benefits of them are diminishing due to already having demonstrated the tech. Further tests would also further contaminate the ground, which is not the best for the citizens living there. This would actually be somewhat funny in that: changing diplomacy would be a result of the Hbomb successfully destroying a mountain.

NK connects to China, Russia and SK with the US army. I'd grant them that a bit of fear of being invaded is logical. Let's hope further diplomacy will steer away from this seen need to arm the country up to defend itself.

I agree with everything up to there. not because that's not my wish but because it's fairly impossible. The kims have killed too many people in too horrific of ways to stay in power forever. I don't think its the goal of the Trump administration to remove the regime, that's a very dicey move. But i think the actual peace on the peninsula requires that. the only feasible plan is to carve out a kingdom for Kim and his regime in the form of a high profile cushy prison for them to live out their days in while ceding the control to the south. that's a hard sell for any negotiator but we're closer to that with Un than we ever could have been with Il.

as sad as it makes me i'm convinced this is all an act by kim to stave off invasion chances. even tho that is a low chance Trump is more likely (in his mind) than obama-Clinton-bush ever were. SK is a more important partner now than ever, and China is in the mix. shit's getting stickier year by year just based on the overlying politics of the region, then toss in Russia and it gets really sticky at times.

Kim is going to "denuclearize" and just hold his nukes, stop tests, get cash, oil, and supplies, then resume the status quo for the rest of the Trump presidency.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1169170171172173199Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll