d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Hockey > Official Vancouver Canucks Fan Thread > We're All Canucks
Prev1741742743744745870Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 8,732.50
May 19 2021 11:34pm
Quote (Hizkuntza @ 19 May 2021 22:25)
wtf happened to Juolevi's development, even? the guy simply can't skate at an NHL level.

that was his biggest issue since junior days, nvm skating but his pivoting needs a lot of work too. Injuries prevented him from training and developing imo, but still it's clear he can't play in the NHL level of speed, maybe at best he will be a depth dman...

when someone like lucic walks over him, u know he's donzos

May 20 2021 03:31pm
Rumor has it green is close to signing.

There was also news that Seattle was looking at some coaches and green was one of them, if he isn't signed with the Canucks.

I don't mind him, the players are happy and want him back. Usually coaches change when the team stops listening or responding or buying into the coaches system. Green has been fair and I love how he keeps his word and plays the rookies if they earned their spot. Last thing I want is another rookie coach if it's not a veteran coach anyway.

Although I wish Nolan baumgardener adjusts his defense... Cuz giving up 40+ shots is not ideal,especially grinding 82 games.

Quote (Hizkuntza @ 19 May 2021 15:30)
Word is that Benning is going to be retained, and people within the org are flipping their shit. Demko begging Ian Clarke to stay but he's a goner by now.

Sabres West, everyone.

Apparently that's typical Vancouver media stirring the pot to create false narrative for the fans, since fire Benning is the meta. Report today is the complete opposite, not to mention horvat, Sutter, Edler, other Canuck players actually confirming it.

"Some strong votes of confidence in the #Canucks staff from multiple players today. Definitely felt like more than just lip service. This seems like a group that, for the most part, really wants this group of coaches back next season."

From the same guy reporting what Demko said about Clarke.

I don't think Benning can do much about Clarke if he decided he wants to leave Vancouver. Or if aqualini keeps preventing Benning from signing everybody back cuz he wants to keep cutting. It's Shitty aqualini didn't make it a priority for Benning to bring him back at all cost for Demko though

This post was edited by Secksii on May 20 2021 03:58pm
Gold: 2,647.74
May 21 2021 12:52am
Quote (Secksii @ May 20 2021 02:31pm)
Rumor has it green is close to signing.

There was also news that Seattle was looking at some coaches and green was one of them, if he isn't signed with the Canucks.

I don't mind him, the players are happy and want him back. Usually coaches change when the team stops listening or responding or buying into the coaches system. Green has been fair and I love how he keeps his word and plays the rookies if they earned their spot. Last thing I want is another rookie coach if it's not a veteran coach anyway.

Although I wish Nolan baumgardener adjusts his defense... Cuz giving up 40+ shots is not ideal,especially grinding 82 games.

Apparently that's typical Vancouver media stirring the pot to create false narrative for the fans, since fire Benning is the meta. Report today is the complete opposite, not to mention horvat, Sutter, Edler, other Canuck players actually confirming it.

"Some strong votes of confidence in the #Canucks staff from multiple players today. Definitely felt like more than just lip service. This seems like a group that, for the most part, really wants this group of coaches back next season."

From the same guy reporting what Demko said about Clarke.

I don't think Benning can do much about Clarke if he decided he wants to leave Vancouver. Or if aqualini keeps preventing Benning from signing everybody back cuz he wants to keep cutting. It's Shitty aqualini didn't make it a priority for Benning to bring him back at all cost for Demko though

speaking of rumors and dirt

in a Canucks podcast (Point Shot) Rachel Doerrie (former Devils front office/current data analyst) alleged Pettersson was in fact 100% fit to play after the COVID outbreak. bringing in Sedins is actually to appease Petey and his agent. extremely bold claim but she's normally a statswoman and still an insider so would be unusual to talk out of her ass. also said only Francesco still wants to keep Benning, rest of family wants him out.
May 21 2021 01:15am
Quote (Hizkuntza @ 20 May 2021 23:52)
speaking of rumors and dirt

in a Canucks podcast (Point Shot) Rachel Doerrie (former Devils front office/current data analyst) alleged Pettersson was in fact 100% fit to play after the COVID outbreak. bringing in Sedins is actually to appease Petey and his agent. extremely bold claim but she's normally a statswoman and still an insider so would be unusual to talk out of her ass. also said only Francesco still wants to keep Benning, rest of family wants him out.

Lmao

Even Petey himself said that he's still not 100%....
https://canucksarmy.com/2021/05/20/elias-pettersson-reveals-further-details-injury-says-loves-life/

Idk why these podcast ppl are so desperate to bait listeners at the cost of ruining their rep... I guess they didn't think Petey would flat out report that and answer the question straight up? Lol

Bringing sedins to appease Petey? I think it makes more sense aqua wants to bring them in so that he can appease the disgruntled fanbase cuz Benning is not fired

Although now the rumor is 1 or 2 players want out of the org.

This post was edited by Secksii on May 21 2021 01:16am
May 21 2021 12:40pm
Jim Benning confirms that no #Canucks players have submitted trade requests.

I hate Vancouver media lol
Gold: 2,000.00
May 21 2021 01:01pm
Quote (Secksii @ May 21 2021 12:40pm)

hate media in general, just trying to sell clickbaits
Gold: 2,647.74
May 21 2021 01:29pm
Quote (Secksii @ May 21 2021 11:40am)

I mean, that only speaks to players taking action to get out now and it's not the time to trade anyways. Says nothing of ongoing discontent.
May 21 2021 01:45pm
Quote (Hizkuntza @ 21 May 2021 12:29)
I mean, that only speaks to players taking action to get out now and it's not the time to trade anyways. Says nothing of ongoing discontent.

i mean prior to the players speaking after the season ended, the media put out reports that a lot of players are unhappy that Benning is brought back and they want out of the org.

After the players spoke the exact opposite, the media then changes it to SPECULATING that 1-2 players may want out.

An example would be Farhan,
"I want to win. I'm getting tired of being out of the playoffs and not being able to compete for the Stanley Cup" -Horvat
conveniently leaving out the part where Horvat said he wants to win with the Canucks lol, but he's making it sound like he wanna leave the team, cuz u know, the meta right now is to drive the narrative everyone wants out.

Benning just confirmed today no players have requested a trade as of today, so now the media can back track to the speculation above and be like ooops, heh speculation!
Gold: 12,140.00
May 24 2021 10:16pm
Quote (Secksii @ May 17 2021 05:10pm)
overpayment of beagle and myers are part of the problem as well, but at least they still bring a lot to the team and playing up to their contract. They're not just eating the cap doing fuck all like Eriksson. Myers averages 20+min a night, beagle is paid 3x more than graovac, Boyd, and other 4c's but he still has higher cf%, much higher faceoff wins, all despite being much older and deployed nearly 70% in the dZone against hard competition when horvat is on the bench resting. Those 4c gets about fair ozone and dZone deployments but lose more faceoffs than winning it, and gets caved in and loses possession much worse than beagle.

Also, what does signing tanev for 4.5m + 1.5m mil accomplish exactly? Myers still ate a lot of minutes while tanev was with the team. He actually averaged more minutes. Let's take your ez example, If tanev was around instead of myers, who is going to play 20+ min a night instead of myers? It will still be chatfield, rafferty. No? Unless you think another 1.5m RHD dmen will do it much better...?

I agree myers is not top 4 in a good team with d depth, but Canucks does not have this though. So saying he's not needed is baffling to me, but at the same time you wanna lock up tanev 4.5m for 4 more years... Cuz the 1.5m dmen playing 3rd pair makes more sense to fill the myers void =s That only makes sense if the team is built from net and d out imo. The team literally only has Schmidt locked up, without counting myers. I mean Hughes will be eventually too but as of now it's just him. The other alternative to fill those roster spots with NHLers are through a trade of free agency... Which Benning has been desperately trying to do before overpaying for myers. It definitely didn't go so well cuz most of those cheap short term dmen are floating around different teams as fringe NHLers or not even in the league. Myers brings some stability to the backend of this joke dcore

Going to bring this in here 'cause I doubt the others care.

What?

The reason we have bunch ofbahlers in the lineup is because fans wanted green to play them instead of nhlers cuz of the meaningless games left and injuries.

I'm not talking about end of the season, I'm talking overall.

overpayment of beagle and myers are part of the problem as well, but at least they still bring a lot to the team and playing up to their contract.

How can they both be overpaid and playing up to their contract? Those are opposite things.

Also, what does signing tanev for 4.5m + 1.5m mil accomplish exactly?

A better player for less money? It's pretty self-explanatory.

Myers still ate a lot of minutes while tanev was with the team. He actually averaged more minutes.

So? Bad players get ice-time all the time. Remember Gudbranson and Sbisa? They were regular 20 minute guys here for multiple years each, does that mean they were in any way good or valuable? I'm not saying Myers is a comparable but ice-time is a dumb argument.

If tanev was around instead of myers, who is going to play 20+ min a night instead of myers?

Tanev would...? lol

So saying he's not needed is baffling to me

Opportunity cost. You don't just give a guy 6M because you have free space and you need D-men. You have to be a lot smarter than that.

I'm not sure if you've misunderstood me or what. All I'm saying is that I rather have Tanev than Myers, which most people would agree with, and Tanev is cheaper so that you can spend that money elsewhere, wherever you need it. For example, Virtanen's money + that 1.5M = Toffoli.

Benning signed Myers because he's simply not smart enough to contemplate opportunity cost and multiple scenearios at one time. His thinking was pretty much:

- Need defense; D-man = better team
- There are D-men in free-agency
- Get D-man at all costs

I rather have 6M of free space to play with than Myers @ 6M. I wouldn't want Horvat at 8M, or Boeser at 9M or Tanev at 6M or whatever.

There are times when it makes sense to overpay for something you need. I don't think Myers was one of those occasions.

This post was edited by LuLer on May 24 2021 10:19pm
Gold: 17,801.00
May 25 2021 07:51am
Free agent market is almost always an overpay.

My biggest fear is Benning goes on a spending spree and deadweight contracts that are finally expiring are just replaced with more deadweight contracts.

Also how is Ian Clark not signed...... Demko came out on social media and pretty much begged ownership to resign him.

It would be a major blunder if he leaves.

This post was edited by Killingyouall on May 25 2021 07:52am
Go Back To Hockey Topic List
Prev1741742743744745870Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll