d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Gay Marriage Hypothetical
Prev134567Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 1,155.00
Apr 26 2024 06:14am
Why are homosexual people so afraid of traditional values?
Gold: 2,489.69
Apr 26 2024 08:35am
Quote (IgoSoHard @ Apr 25 2024 05:13pm)
God doesn't make people gay. The bible is very clear that homosexuality is a sin. Like every other sin in life, it's a choice.

Leviticus 18:22 ~ You shall not lie with a male as with a woman; it is an abomination.

Leviticus 20:13 ~ If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination

Romans 1:27 ~ Likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust for one another, men with men committing what is shameful, and receiving in themselves the penalty of their error which was due.

Genesis 2:24 - Therefore a man shall leave his father and his mother and hold fast to his wife, and they shall become one flesh.

1 Corinthians 6:9-10 - Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral nor men who practice homosexuality will inherit the kingdom of God.

1 Corinthians 7:2 - But because of the temptation to sexual immorality, each man should have his own wife and each woman her own husband.

Quote (Plaguefear @ Apr 25 2024 05:42pm)
The original leviticus translation was man with boy in both verses and was trying to crack down on rampant pedophilia at the time.

there's a lot of historical context of things being added to crack down on societal ills at the time, rather than christ's word.

im a follower of christ, and his message, not the rules popes made up 200-500 years later to try and tend their filthy herds.
Apr 26 2024 09:04am
Quote (ofthevoid @ Apr 25 2024 03:24pm)
But either the Bible is correct about all sins leading to death including homosexuality which is clearly outlined as a sin or it's not. There's no middle ground, these are mutually exclusive things.

to focus on a smaller more productive point:

do you think its possible for a person to atone for literally all of their sins, both large and small?

and if not would a single unatoned sin condemn you to hell?

not to get too mathematical with something spiritual, but we as humans commit many thousands of sins in our lives. maybe when you were 15 your neighbor's wife was bent over gardening and you coveted her. you haven't even thought about that in 20 years, you'd be hard pressed to even remember it let alone atone for it. so by simple human memory you're destined to hell? or if we forget about a sin does it no longer need to be atoned for?

i find this obsession about sin atonement in a literal sense to be absurd, for reasons just like the above. christ laid out the kind of person you need to be, and the kind of relationship you need to have with him and god to enter the kingdom of heaven. ive never read his words to have this silly mathematical approach to atonement as a prerequisite. and ironically to my previous point i'd argue its easier for most people to atone a murder than it is stealing a candy bar, just as its easier to want to be the person who doesn't kill than it is to be the person who doesnt commit small sins. small sins are easy.

i personally go to church each week, a church that i think is very like the one jesus himself created. not hundreds of pews and a formulaic and dogmatic ritual of weekly cleansing for it's own sake. a church of a few dozen where we openly talk about how to follow jesus through the bible, not follow the bible in and of itself. the bible it a great reference material, i dont believe it's by itself a thing to be worshipped. its a tool for worship. what else can a book with hundreds of slightly differing versions be?
Apr 26 2024 09:14am
Quote (thesnipa @ Apr 26 2024 11:04am)
to focus on a smaller more productive point:

do you think its possible for a person to atone for literally all of their sins, both large and small?

and if not would a single unatoned sin condemn you to hell?

not to get too mathematical with something spiritual, but we as humans commit many thousands of sins in our lives. maybe when you were 15 your neighbor's wife was bent over gardening and you coveted her. you haven't even thought about that in 20 years, you'd be hard pressed to even remember it let alone atone for it. so by simple human memory you're destined to hell? or if we forget about a sin does it no longer need to be atoned for?

i find this obsession about sin atonement in a literal sense to be absurd, for reasons just like the above. christ laid out the kind of person you need to be, and the kind of relationship you need to have with him and god to enter the kingdom of heaven. ive never read his words to have this silly mathematical approach to atonement as a prerequisite. and ironically to my previous point i'd argue its easier for most people to atone a murder than it is stealing a candy bar, just as its easier to want to be the person who doesn't kill than it is to be the person who doesnt commit small sins. small sins are easy.

i personally go to church each week, a church that i think is very like the one jesus himself created. not hundreds of pews and a formulaic and dogmatic ritual of weekly cleansing for it's own sake. a church of a few dozen where we openly talk about how to follow jesus through the bible, not follow the bible in and of itself. the bible it a great reference material, i dont believe it's by itself a thing to be worshipped. its a tool for worship. what else can a book with hundreds of slightly differing versions be?

Doesn't it have to be all or nothing?

What's the point of not being able to cover some sins and not others? Christ paid for them ALLLLLLLLLL. Saved by grace, not by works. Praying, tradition, your relatives, your money, it don't get you there.

Now, the conundrum to that, FREE SIN, but that is expressly written about by Paul in Romans 6. Just because the grace is free does not give us a license to sin.

PS, no Bible worship.. It's the word, but so is Jesus, as stated in John 1. But yeah. none of that. Bible doesn't save you, the grace saves you. :)
Gold: 1.66
Apr 26 2024 09:44am
Quote (MaysLanding @ Apr 26 2024 05:14am)
Why are homosexual people so afraid of traditional values?

Can you say more about what you mean?
Apr 26 2024 09:57am
Quote (Handcuffs @ Apr 26 2024 11:44am)
Can you say more about what you mean?

I sure bet you can.

But here is the simplest way to put it.

Homosexuality can only reproduce by *********** sending out invites.

This post was edited by MaysLanding on Apr 26 2024 11:38am
Apr 26 2024 10:02am
Quote (MaysLanding @ Apr 26 2024 08:57am)
I sure bet you can.

But here is the simplest way to put it.

Homosexuality can only reproduce by RECRUITMENT.

What does "homosexuality can only reproduce by recruitment" mean?
Apr 26 2024 10:18am
Quote (Handcuffs @ Apr 26 2024 12:02pm)

I don't need to explain that, smart guy. :)

:Banana:
Apr 26 2024 10:24am
Quote (MaysLanding @ Apr 26 2024 09:18am)
I don't need to explain that, smart guy. :)

:Banana:

You don't need to explain anything you don't want to, but clarity often helps with discourse, I think.
Apr 26 2024 11:16am
Quote (Handcuffs @ Apr 26 2024 10:02am)

crazy you forgot enlisting in the gay army, going to sequined boot camp, and being selected for markstheyship.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev134567Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll