d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Inflation Is Transitory
Prev123456Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 1,453.85
Mar 7 2024 08:32pm
Quote (SBD @ Mar 7 2024 06:24pm)
Not principle you just said you don't want to learn. It's because you're dumb. We can leave it at that.

Lmao, you are now throwing insults at me. This exchange really hurt you feelings, huh?

I'm open though. Show me when inflation will cease to exist. Tag me when you have a timeline.

I don't need to show you shit because I never said inflation will cease to exist. You can't read though if this is what you are taking away from my posts, lol.
Gold: 1.00
Warn: 10%
Mar 7 2024 08:34pm
Quote (JessiWan @ Mar 7 2024 07:32pm)
Lmao, you are now throwing insults at me. This exchange really hurt you feelings, huh?

I don't need to show you shit because I never said inflation will cease to exist. You can't read though if this is what you are taking away from my posts, lol.

Statement of fact, not an insult. Then you already know why you have to accept inflation if you have no reasonable formulation to prevent its existence.

See how easy that was. You're welcome.
Mar 7 2024 08:47pm
Quote (SBD @ Mar 7 2024 06:34pm)
Statement of fact, not an insult.

Lmao, now you are telling me you don't know the difference between fact and insult.

Then you already know why you have to accept inflation if you have no reasonable formulation to prevent its existence.

So, if I can't suggest ways to prevent the existence of criminals in a society, I should just accept them?

Why do you insist on humiliating yourself in public, lol.

See how easy that was. You're welcome.

You can't stay away from this exchange, can you?
Mar 7 2024 08:51pm
Quote (JessiWan @ Mar 7 2024 07:47pm)
Lmao, now you are telling me you don't know the difference between fact and insult.

So, if I can't suggest ways to prevent the existence of criminals in a society, I should just accept them?

Why do you insist on humiliating yourself in public, lol.

You can't stay away from this exchange, can you?

Well yes you have to accept their is criminals, by not doing that you're ignoring reality.

We put laws in place and things to try to prevent and insulate ourselves but crime still exists. Much like inflation and my suggesting to insulate yourself from it. Or you can even look at laws and efforts to reduce crime much like quantitative easing or tightening. Efforts are made but the problem remains. We just try to reduce the problems impact.

You're welcome again. Cheers!

This post was edited by SBD on Mar 7 2024 08:56pm
Mar 7 2024 09:24pm
Quote (SBD @ Mar 7 2024 06:51pm)
Well yes you have to accept their is criminals, by not doing that you're ignoring reality.

We put laws in place and things to try to prevent and insulate ourselves but crime still exists. Much like inflation and my suggesting to insulate yourself from it. Or you can even look at laws and efforts to reduce crime much like quantitative easing or tightening. Efforts are made but the problem remains. We just try to reduce the problems impact.

You're welcome again. Cheers!

Maybe the efforts weren't good enough, or they weren't even right solutions to begin with. Anyway, you still haven't answered my question of why inflation is inevitable. If I suggest a few ways to reduce criminality but criminals still exist, then maybe it's because my solutions suck, not because having criminals around is inevitable.
Mar 7 2024 09:33pm
Quote (JessiWan @ Mar 7 2024 08:24pm)
Maybe the efforts weren't good enough, or they weren't even right solutions to begin with. Anyway, you still haven't answered my question of why inflation is inevitable. If I suggest a few ways to reduce criminality but criminals still exist, then maybe it's because my solutions suck, not because having criminals around is inevitable.

Now who's humiliating themselves.

Always a pleasure!
Mar 7 2024 09:34pm
Quote (SBD @ Mar 7 2024 07:33pm)
Now who's humiliating themselves.

You obviously. Your feelings were hurt so badly that you called me names lmao.
Gold: 2,489.69
Mar 8 2024 07:23am
Quote (RedFromWinter @ Mar 7 2024 04:20pm)
We are still experiencing high levels of inflation in commodities that matter. It's convenient for the bean counters to lump it all together, but if you isolate more essential things like retail food sales then it's not as downward as media and gov claiming. Inflation on essential foods and quality merchandise still bad.

Also, there is a large segment of population that hasn't even caught up to the new standard created by the last few years of inflation. So what used to be survivable at pre pandemic inflation rate is a much tighter margin now.

correct. i found the "inflation is transitory" statement to be snake language of the elites to satisfy the plebs. but amidst 9-10% inflation it wasn't wrong. it just doesnt fix the issues middle and lower class americans face. 15$/hr fast food jobs and covid checks didnt cover the spread against inflation. most of the grocery store hacks savvy shoppers used pre-covid to gain an edge on their bill are all but required now just to afford your whole list. you have to buy in bulk, cut meat, buy unprocessed items and do it yourself, shift to off brands, etc. shrinkflation is in full effect as well sadly. but the ever present bitch of inflation is that it's never a negative number, prices are always increasing even when its at its lowest point.
Mar 8 2024 10:29am
This exchange has really helped me understand how the brain of a stupid person works. The following is what I have observed:

1. The stupid believe that being well-read is the equivalent of being intelligent.
2. The stupid do not know that being well-read/knowledgeable merely means one is not ignorant. It does not necessarily mean he is intelligent.
3. The stupid cannot tell the difference between ignorance and stupidity. In fact, these two words are synonyms for them.
4. The stupid think that they are good judges of other people's level of intelligence.
5. The stupid think that if someone is ignorant, that it means this person must be stupid.
6. The stupid judge someone's level of intelligence by how much he knows, not by how he manipulates what he does know.
7. The stupid think if they are well-read, that they must be intelligent.
8. The stupid fail to recognize intelligence in others because it takes one to know one.

There might be more, but I would need to interact with stupid people some more. They are giving me great insight into the mental condition known as stupidity. I should thank them.

This post was edited by JessiWan on Mar 8 2024 10:51am
Gold: 17,554.00
Mar 8 2024 10:52am
Quote (thesnipa @ 8 Mar 2024 08:23)
correct. i found the "inflation is transitory" statement to be snake language of the elites to satisfy the plebs. but amidst 9-10% inflation it wasn't wrong. it just doesnt fix the issues middle and lower class americans face. 15$/hr fast food jobs and covid checks didnt cover the spread against inflation. most of the grocery store hacks savvy shoppers used pre-covid to gain an edge on their bill are all but required now just to afford your whole list. you have to buy in bulk, cut meat, buy unprocessed items and do it yourself, shift to off brands, etc. shrinkflation is in full effect as well sadly. but the ever present bitch of inflation is that it's never a negative number, prices are always increasing even when its at its lowest point.

this is what economists dont seem to understand

I was watching a thingy the other day and this economist was talking about how "well inflation is down now so people need to recognize that" like, dude. The damage is done. Milk was 4 dollars for 4 liters 3 years ago now its 6 dollars for 4 liters. My pay didnt go up 50% over the lats 3 years. The failure to mention the price of many inelastic goods has gone up is what these fuckers on tv dont seem to understand is killing us
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev123456Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll