d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Inflation Is Transitory
Prev1456
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 1.00
Warn: 10%
Mar 9 2024 01:29am
Quote (RedFromWinter @ Mar 8 2024 11:57pm)
Not sure I followed your last paragraph. Are you saying gov workers meant to thwart abusive tax avoidance under GAAR can't keep up because salaries are not lucrative to compete with private sector workers loopholing the rules?

Is the CRA manpower assertion really a issue? Surely some entry level programmer could write audit scripts over transactional ledger. Maybe the underlying system/data is bad? If not, CRA can hit me up and I'll write you some for say 200k :) or some perm 08s

Yes that's exactly what I'm saying. Even this past year with proposed updates to GAAR I was instantly in professional development sessions with tax lawyers on how to create structures with various types of share take back models to circumvent proposed changes and that's before its even actually added to the income tax act.

You instantly have smarter people working against every proposed change.
Gold: 5.00
Mar 9 2024 01:50am
Quote (SBD @ Mar 9 2024 01:29am)
Yes that's exactly what I'm saying. Even this past year with proposed updates to GAAR I was instantly in professional development sessions with tax lawyers on how to create structures with various types of share take back models to circumvent proposed changes and that's before its even actually added to the income tax act.

You instantly have smarter people working against every proposed change.

Yeah, that makes sense, trait of Capitalism I suppose. Reminds me of a friends wife who works at a firm which manages the money for family of billionaires. They got legion of tax experts ,financial experts, lobbyist focused on maximizing a portfolio and also fulfilling philanthropic interests (pretty weird actually). Too bad those 'smarter people's are tied up laboring on nonsense like that. Yes, they put big bread on their table, kudos to them, but society can't sustain If the smarter people locked up on pseudo labors and fantasy philanthropy.

This post was edited by RedFromWinter on Mar 9 2024 01:50am
Gold: 5.00
Mar 13 2024 03:15pm
Couple things in news this week.

CPI inflation back up, no one surprised.

Also, investors representing 18pcnt of home buys. And of them, they disproportionately focused on starter homes.

If you earn an average salary, you are getting priced out of the housing market by investors.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1456
Add Reply New Topic New Poll