d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > France Is Awesome Usa Should Take Notes
Prev1345679Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 1.00
Warn: 10%
Mar 5 2024 01:23pm
Quote (El1te @ Mar 5 2024 12:20pm)
I don't mean to omit that, it of course benefits your children & family as well.

Same as in my hypothetical scenario, the products of your son's slave labour greatly benefits my family by providing them with financial security, while your sex slave daughter also greatly benefits my family by making lots of new loving brothers and sisters who go on to become doctors and lawyers with well funded education thanks to your stuff and slave labour

See this is why you don't get any response and religion is dying. No sane person finds any of your scenarios remotely comparable.

But if you do like I said you can use the word hypocrite.

Or as you say contemptuous.

This post was edited by SBD on Mar 5 2024 01:23pm
Mar 5 2024 01:24pm
Quote (SwamiVivekananda @ Mar 5 2024 12:20pm)
What God is that if I may ask?

You don't exist outside of natural law. When you kill an unborn child you lack a moral compass and making excuses like "it's about the money long term" and "increased better odds now" is all about YOU.YOU.YOU. Your ego got the better of you and you refuse to admit that to yourself.

Every action has a consequence and when you commit an act like "murdering an unborn child" you'll make up all sorts of excuses to justify that action.

You say that the two kids you have now have better chances then the two you aborted but in reality those that you aborted had the same odds because you are a good person and like any man/woman would've done anything(working 3 jobs) to make it happen. Your kids would've gotten a public education and as a low income parent still gotten into a college and had a productive life?

Oh I just made a new one up on the spot like the other ten thousand plus idols, figures and objects humans have worshipped over the years.

You clearly have never looked at a statistic in your life if you think they remotely had the same odds.
Gold: 4,575.01
Mar 5 2024 01:25pm
is absolute correct about the divine potential of every person, this is a central truth recognized by all religions, to not recognize this fact makes one a heathen
Mar 5 2024 01:26pm
Quote (SBD @ Mar 5 2024 11:23am)
See this is why you don't get any response and religion is dying. No sane person finds any of your scenarios remotely comparable.

But if you do like I said you can use the word hypocrite.

Or as you say contemptuous.

Religion isn't dying

Why can't you elaborate on why the situations are not comparable?

Is it the pain and torture? Is it the fact that it's an atrocity committed against you and not someone else that you don't care about? What is it?
Mar 5 2024 01:33pm
Quote (El1te @ Mar 5 2024 12:26pm)
Religion isn't dying

Why can't you elaborate on why the situations are not comparable?

Is it the pain and torture? Is it the fact that it's an atrocity committed against you and not someone else that you don't care about? What is it?

There's absolutely a gradual decline in religion in North America. Hence why churches are all having to consolidate. That's readily available information though and you know that.

I already quite clearly stated my rational. You can spouts absurdities and call it contemptuous that I won't entertain such things all you want. You're just another opinion that holds no weight on the internet after all.
Gold: 3,550.00
Mar 5 2024 01:40pm
Quote (El1te @ 5 Mar 2024 13:25)
^SwamiVivekananda is absolute correct about the divine potential of every person, this is a central truth recognized by all religions, to not recognize this fact makes one a heathen

Yes and that is why it is frowned upon to do such a thing and not feel remorse. Woman suffer the worst from an abortion as it is unnatural to her body which is sacred and the progenitor of all life.

In both cases the man and woman fail to recognize the same divinity within them is inherently within the joined sperm/egg as it is with all beings.

I know why people chose to have an abortion but none of their reasons trump the "potential divinity" within that unborn being.
Mar 5 2024 01:42pm
Quote (SBD @ Mar 5 2024 11:33am)
There's absolutely a gradual decline in religion in North America. Hence why churches are all having to consolidate. That's readily available information though and you know that.

I already quite clearly stated my rational. You can spouts absurdities and call it contemptuous that I won't entertain such things all you want. You're just another opinion that holds no weight on the internet after all.

Current decline in NA I agree with, but that's far from "religion is dying". If you were a student of history you would understand there have been numerous declines and great awakenings post-enlightenment and it tends to be cyclical.

Shitty closed-minded exclusive and un-welcoming churches are failing and consolidating. Evangelical churches have never been stronger, my church has grown at a massive rate over the years, my church in Calgary has been growing, extremely well funded. Low church lowercase baptist and pentecostal/charismatic Christianity has been exploding in recent years.

No absurdities here, I intentionally presented the maximalist conclusion to your argument which proves it doesn't hold up to scrutiny. Your position that murder is OK since it benefits you & your family, is absurd.

This post was edited by El1te on Mar 5 2024 01:44pm
Mar 5 2024 01:47pm
Quote (El1te @ Mar 5 2024 12:42pm)
Current decline in NA I agree with, but that's far from "religion is dying". If you were a student of history you would understand there have been numerous declines and great awakenings post-enlightenment.

Shitty closed-minded exclusive and un-welcoming churches are failing and consolidating. Evangelical churches have never been stronger, my church has grown at a massive rate over the years, my church in Calgary has been growing, extremely well funded. Low church lowercase baptist and pentecostal/charismatic Christianity has been exploding in recent years.

No absurdities here, I intentionally presented the maximalist conclusion to your argument which proves it doesn't hold up to scrutiny. Your position that murder is OK since it benefits you, is absurd.

You're choosing not to read, my entier rational was that there's a net positive to two kids in life. Not my own benifit. I am now the provider I was not. I was only going to have two children before getting fixed. Call it murder if you please. No sleep lost.

And yes you and I both know religion will be dead at the current trajectory in North American. It's just in denial for the few last people and a whole bunch of them are set to die out very soon hence why the majority of first world countries have legalized abortion.

You're just in denial of change.

Holy I looked up the average age of a Christian. It's going to die out sooner than I thought.

This post was edited by SBD on Mar 5 2024 01:50pm
Gold: 3,550.00
Mar 5 2024 02:43pm
Quote (SBD @ 5 Mar 2024 13:47)
You're choosing not to read, my entier rational was that there's a net positive to two kids in life. Not my own benifit. I am now the provider I was not. I was only going to have two children before getting fixed. Call it murder if you please. No sleep lost.

And yes you and I both know religion will be dead at the current trajectory in North American. It's just in denial for the few last people and a whole bunch of them are set to die out very soon hence why the majority of first world countries have legalized abortion.

You're just in denial of change.

Holy I looked up the average age of a Christian. It's going to die out sooner than I thought.

Abortion is simply unnatural to a woman and has terrible physical/psychological repercussions and it shouldn't be celebrated as an alternative contraception. It's morally wrong but ethically accepted. An unborn being is an unrealized soul. You severing the potential for that relationship to develop to me is more bad then good. It may be infinitely more convenient for modern society but that doesn't change that underlying moral depravity. There is no compassion in abortion.
Mar 5 2024 03:21pm
Quote (SwamiVivekananda @ Mar 5 2024 01:43pm)
Abortion is simply unnatural to a woman and has terrible physical/psychological repercussions and it shouldn't be celebrated as an alternative contraception. It's morally wrong but ethically accepted. An unborn being is an unrealized soul. You severing the potential for that relationship to develop to me is more bad then good. It may be infinitely more convenient for modern society but that doesn't change that underlying moral depravity. There is no compassion in abortion.

Honestly maybe 50 years from now none of what you wrote will even remotely be a consideration for the majority of first world countries. Don't have to like it, accept it, doesn't matter since you will die and not be replaced with a likeminded individual which is pretty evident given current the first worlds current progressive trajectory.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1345679Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll