d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > France Is Awesome Usa Should Take Notes
Prev1789
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 1,622.34
Warn: 10%
Mar 6 2024 01:40pm
Quote (SBD @ 6 Mar 2024 13:27)
Is it legal in the majority of first world countries when it was not before? Yes. Do the majority of people support it in these countries. Yes. Sorry that's overwhelmingly difficult for you to understand. Does rates of religious people decrease with access to education, yes. Hence, why the countries with the lowest rates of education are also the most religious. Shocker I know.

Slavery was morally fine, abortion was morally not. Slavery is no longer morally fine, while abortion is now found to be morally fine by the majority. Proves the exact opposite of you're point. Morality changes and you're just on the minority side if you're in a first world country right now. You have your rights to not be happy about it, but that's about as far as your rights go, your wife wants an abortion, too bad for you.

You just have no gas except made up religion which humans have idolized tens of thousands of objects, idols, beings, etc. through the years so that's virtually worthless except to your own belief system and of course "divinity".

I value life and you don't. You put "life" into categories that fit your bias?

Tell me the times are changing and killing your own progeny is "morally acceptable now" because a bunch of liberal pussies don't want to man up and raise their children. Instead they take the cowardly route like you did and just kill em' You are not an animal throwing the runt to the wolves. You are a compassionate being taking a human life for PERSONAL gain/development. Good job bud lol. Like I said build up that fantasy in your mind because all you care about is yourself. So reinforce your murder of an unborn entity by saying, "Haha God and religion suck! Smart people don't believe in invisible entities! As poor people get educated they'll decide to kill their own too!" lmao :bonk: :rofl:

This post was edited by SwamiVivekananda on Mar 6 2024 01:40pm
Gold: 1.00
Mar 6 2024 01:43pm
Quote (SwamiVivekananda @ Mar 6 2024 12:40pm)
I value life and you don't. You put "life" into categories that fit your bias?

Tell me the times are changing and killing your own progeny is "morally acceptable now" because a bunch of liberal pussies don't want to man up and raise their children. Instead they take the cowardly route like you did and just kill em' You are not an animal throwing the runt to the wolves. You are a compassionate being taking a human life for PERSONAL gain/development. Good job bud lol. Like I said build up that fantasy in your mind because all you care about is yourself. So reinforce your murder of an unborn entity by saying, "Haha God and religion suck! Smart people don't believe in invisible entities! As poor people get educated they'll decide to kill their own too!" lmao :bonk: :rofl:

Sorry that our current reality isn't your cup of tea I suppose. Cry out on the street corner.

I wonder if it hurts you guys more to know I'm pretty conservative, mostly vote conservative and the fact that more and more conservative more towards liberal ideals, hence progression overall despite having essentially a two party system. I believe the last debate here in Canada on abortion which is a quote topic 5/6 conservative leaders said they were pro-choice.

and the last polling of conservative voters here in Canada, the majority voted they want their leader to be pro-choice.

Oof, times are changing indeed! Guess its not just "liberal pussies" anymore eh.

This post was edited by SBD on Mar 6 2024 01:54pm
Gold: 435.68
Mar 6 2024 01:45pm
Not going to argue with you about Buddhist philosophy you clearly studied Buddhism through some western orientation. An actual Buddhist would never harm any other living thing at great cost to themselves. You are talking about FAKE western buddhist who pick and choose which Buddhist doctrine they are going to follow based on preference through their own ego.

Partially incorrect? I studied from Theravada Buddhist natives that escaped Cambodia because of the active genocide happening in the 20th century. You kind of reinforce my point considering every post you make includes ignorant and presumptuous comments to fill your narrative instead of using that "unconditional love" and acceptance you spoke of a few posts back. Since you seem to be ignorant, there are multiple schools of Buddhism with the more "traditional" ones having more strict interpretations, but to call the others fake is laughable.

The Dali Llama is a Buddhist personality. The eastern faiths equivalent of the western Pope. He is a spiritual leader and ambassador to Buddism around the world so he always reaches for common ground. There are many other Buddhist monks/sages/ascetics and they don't have to put on an "ego" on the way the Dali Llama does. The fact you think the Dali Llama is the spokesperson for hardline Buddhism is misguided. He's a people pleaser like the Pope.

Earlier in the thread you mentioned losing a Dalai Lama would be an incredible loss of progress, and now you are saying his input has no bearing at all? You cannot have it both ways my friend.

I didn't mention C-Sections but I guess I should have wrote 8 paragraphs and covered every potential "exception" to the rule. A C-Section is not an abortion. Huge difference brother. I know a lot of woman who've had C-sections I don't put that in the same "category" as an abortion. A woman taking on more physical damage to her body in the form of a C-Section because she cared about the health and safety of her baby is not the same as killing her baby in the wound because "My body my choice"

YOU stated that abortions are wrong because they break the "Natural law". I stated examples of other things that break natural law that are acceptable in society. If you can't understand that simple concept your argument doesn't have foundation. Just say "I don't agree with abortion" instead of making stuff up.

I never said abortion should be limited by the government I said it's morally wrong. I never told anyone what they should do with their body I simply said an abortion harms a woman physically/psychologically. What's so hard to understand about that?

I understand that. If that is your stance i'm perfectly fine with it as long as you respect that it should not be restricted by government. But we are posting in a thread where others are belittling the celebration that the France government understands reproductive rights
Mar 6 2024 05:04pm
Quote (MrSK @ 6 Mar 2024 13:45)
Partially incorrect? I studied from Theravada Buddhist natives that escaped Cambodia because of the active genocide happening in the 20th century. You kind of reinforce my point considering every post you make includes ignorant and presumptuous comments to fill your narrative instead of using that "unconditional love" and acceptance you spoke of a few posts back. Since you seem to be ignorant, there are multiple schools of Buddhism with the more "traditional" ones having more strict interpretations, but to call the others fake is laughable.

It is laughable because Siddhartha Gautama laughed when all of his devotees said we're going to make a "new religion" around your wisdom. He knew the truth was self evident to anyone who experiences any of the many forms of samadhi. That's why Buddhism main tenet is spontaneous existence(non attachment) to the physical realm and the removing of "suffering" in all of its forms. That's why people still study under gurus(the word guru in sanskrit means "darkness cutter") The goal of any of the great teachers is to get you to remove your "bad qualities" and only YOU can do it. That's why in Buddhism you are the God and you have to work through your karma/dharma. It's all on you. No "magic" about it. Realization to any eastern practitioner is simply the ability to "remove your mind of all thought" and "stay there". It's not profound it's practice.

Earlier in the thread you mentioned losing a Dalai Lama would be an incredible loss of progress, and now you are saying his input has no bearing at all? You cannot have it both ways my friend.

It would still be an incredible loss I just know the Dalai Llama and Pope have went away from the core doctrine to appease all these "social liberals". A large portion of Buddhism is "statements". These "statements" are meant to trick you out of your own Ego to realize that you are not the person/name you were given and are actually just another blade of grass. You have no purpose. There is no God. You are existence itself experiencing itself and you have zero control. All you can do is exist and to try and "speak" or even "act" disrespects existence itself. That's why after Buddha achieved "enlightenment" he fell into total silence and never told anyone "believe this or that".

YOU stated that abortions are wrong because they break the "Natural law". I stated examples of other things that break natural law that are acceptable in society. If you can't understand that simple concept your argument doesn't have foundation. Just say "I don't agree with abortion" instead of making stuff up.

When you explain what's natural about abortion first. You can start with how it's "great for the mother" I guess and list the HUGE list of benefits from abortion. Maybe talk about the positive effects on a woman's mental health and on her reproductive organs and thyroids long term. It's all good bro!

I understand that. If that is your stance i'm perfectly fine with it as long as you respect that it should not be restricted by government. But we are posting in a thread where others are belittling the celebration that the France government understands reproductive rights

Never said it should be restricted by government. It's your body do what you want with it. No one can stop you from doing anything anyway lol. My whole thing is that it's bad for the woman 100 percent. The male doesn't get jack knifed and chemically castrated he just has to say, "damn I should've worn a condom and I didn't. Now this girl I care about has to take a shotgun to her vagina".

I'll say it again abortion is not compassion.

Abortion is not "contraception".

Abortion should be a last resort.

This post was edited by SwamiVivekananda on Mar 6 2024 05:06pm
Mar 6 2024 05:13pm
Quote (SwamiVivekananda @ Mar 6 2024 04:04pm)
Never said it should be restricted by government. It's your body do what you want with it. No one can stop you from doing anything anyway lol. My whole thing is that it's bad for the woman 100 percent. The male doesn't get jack knifed and chemically castrated he just has to say, "damn I should've worn a condom and I didn't. Now this girl I care about has to take a shotgun to her vagina".

I'll say it again abortion is not compassion.

Abortion is not "contraception".

Abortion should be a last resort.

You seem highly invested in female health while omitting that it's equally their own fault (aside from rape of course) for the predicament that placed the two individuals into such a situation. Are you that invested in people's health for every negative thing we do to our bodies or is it just this?

Because humans do a lot of negative things to their bodies that ultimately have side effects or long term issues.

It's bad for women it's bad for women. You sound so foolish when it's ultimately them making their decision and pro choice people's entier point is that it is their choice. Just like my own case. If that wasn't what they wanted I'd have those two kids.

This post was edited by SBD on Mar 6 2024 05:21pm
Gold: 50,062.31
Mar 6 2024 05:37pm
Quote (SBD @ Mar 6 2024 09:39am)
Straight up, with 100% honesty, zero guilt. Someone asked the rational that's why.

I could not be more honest with you. It might be your hope otherwise but its not true in the slightest. Sorry mate.

You never asked me that if I wore a condom do I think I would not have got a girl pregnant. The obvious answer to that is yes, obviously it would have provided more protection but I didnt so here we are and I don't for a second lose sleep over that.

Yeah yeah I believe you :lol: :rolleyes: but by all means, keep posting. It’s amusing how you are the one who posts here the most so far and arguing with everyone. You’re a bad troll.
Mar 6 2024 05:41pm
Quote (pwb3 @ Mar 6 2024 04:37pm)
Yeah yeah I believe you :lol: :rolleyes: but by all means, keep posting. It’s amusing how you are the one who posts here the most so far and arguing with everyone. You’re a bad troll.

Well you certainly don't have to. Did you know that it's a political debate section? You know where you go back and forth with someone arguing over subject matter.

Perhaps you didn't know what sub you were in.

Trying to control people's reproduction rights and now trying to tell people how they feel. Where does the control stop?

This post was edited by SBD on Mar 6 2024 05:43pm
Mar 6 2024 06:13pm
Quote (SBD @ 6 Mar 2024 17:13)
You seem highly invested in female health while omitting that it's equally their own fault (aside from rape of course) for the predicament that placed the two individuals into such a situation. Are you that invested in people's health for every negative thing we do to our bodies or is it just this?

Because humans do a lot of negative things to their bodies that ultimately have side effects or long term issues.

It's bad for women it's bad for women. You sound so foolish when it's ultimately them making their decision and pro choice people's entier point is that it is their choice. Just like my own case. If that wasn't what they wanted I'd have those two kids.

The process of abortion/pill/morning after pill has proven to be bad for woman's health short and long term mentally and physically. In some cases their ability to produce fertile eggs or have a regular period cycle becomes totally interrupted.

This can lead to having trouble getting pregnant when they do get off the pill and try and get pregnant. Part of the reason many woman today take fertility drugs.

I dated a girl for 3 years out of high school who was on the pill the entire time but she had to change medications 3 times because the first two fucked with her hormones so much.

Nothing about abortion or the pill or the morning after pill tallies up to being good for a womans health.
Mar 6 2024 07:16pm
Quote (SwamiVivekananda @ Mar 6 2024 05:13pm)
The process of abortion/pill/morning after pill has proven to be bad for woman's health short and long term mentally and physically. In some cases their ability to produce fertile eggs or have a regular period cycle becomes totally interrupted.

This can lead to having trouble getting pregnant when they do get off the pill and try and get pregnant. Part of the reason many woman today take fertility drugs.

I dated a girl for 3 years out of high school who was on the pill the entire time but she had to change medications 3 times because the first two fucked with her hormones so much.

Nothing about abortion or the pill or the morning after pill tallies up to being good for a womans health.

Their choice to take measured risks much like the individual who decides to consume alcoholic beverages or consume products that are known to contribute to long term disease or greatly increase health risk of xyz.

The risk of pregnancy for them obviously outweighs any health risks.

This post was edited by SBD on Mar 6 2024 07:17pm
Gold: 48,587.69
Mar 7 2024 03:34am
Subscribed.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1789
Add Reply New Topic New Poll