d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > France Is Awesome Usa Should Take Notes
Prev16789Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 3,172.34
Warn: 10%
Mar 6 2024 11:35am
Quote (MrSK @ 6 Mar 2024 11:21)
Modern day religious ideology is literally built on conditions though, and recent times have even reinforced the idea with the increased hatred towards LGBT individuals. Being this disingenuous is why people don’t take religion and spirituality seriously these days. If you want to improve your spirituality go ahead, but forcing your ideals on the rest of society and even overflowing into laws is never what religion is supposed to be about.

I don't practice one of the Abrahamic faiths exclusively. I practice Vedanta. It's a philosophy. None of the eastern philosophies I've studied even remotely "attack lgbtq".

I love how everyone on jsp(especially leftist) can't understand that "God" means different things to different peoples across different cultures....

No one on this sub forum can have a conversation about God because the people attacking me haven't read a single scripture in their entire lives. Out of sheer laziness and ignorance I may add.

How can you belittle an ideology you've never even studied?

Aborting your own child has LITTLE to do with God or organized religion and everything to do with BREAKING NATURAL LAW. Just like human beings aren't physically built for space so a woman isn't meant to have an unborn child chemically/physically killed while still in her womb.

&&& can't just admit if he wore a condom that he wouldn't of had to "abort" the "life" he couldn't "support". So then he builds a fantasy in his mind that what he did was ok? Sorry I know you guys won't budge but neither will I.

This post was edited by SwamiVivekananda on Mar 6 2024 11:36am
Gold: 1.00
Mar 6 2024 11:39am
Quote (pwb3 @ Mar 6 2024 10:33am)
If you really don’t care, why do you come here and post and make arguments. You do care and deep down there’s guilt in your heart for the murder of a baby. You are a liar and a hypocrite.

Rape? OK. But most people who have abortions weren’t raped. Just stupid, unprotected sex. But they get angry if their “right” to murder is taken away.

Straight up, with 100% honesty, zero guilt. Someone asked the rational that's why.

I could not be more honest with you. It might be your hope otherwise but its not true in the slightest. Sorry mate.

Quote (SwamiVivekananda @ Mar 6 2024 10:35am)
I don't practice one of the Abrahamic faiths exclusively. I practice Vedanta. It's a philosophy. None of the eastern philosophies I've studied even remotely "attack lgbtq".

I love how everyone on jsp(especially leftist) can't understand that "God" means different things to different peoples across different cultures....

No one on this sub forum can have a conversation about God because the people attacking me haven't read a single scripture in their entire lives. Out of sheer laziness and ignorance I may add.

Aborting your own child has LITTLE to do with God or organized religion and everything to do with BREAKING NATURAL LAW. Just like human beings aren't physically built for space so a woman isn't meant to have an unborn child chemically/physically killed while still in her womb.

&&& ^SBD can't just admit if he wore a condom that he wouldn't of had to "abort" the "life" he couldn't "support". So then he builds a fantasy in his mind that what he did was ok? Sorry I know you guys won't budge but neither will I.

You never asked me that if I wore a condom do I think I would not have got a girl pregnant. The obvious answer to that is yes, obviously it would have provided more protection but I didnt so here we are and I don't for a second lose sleep over that.

This post was edited by SBD on Mar 6 2024 11:41am
Mar 6 2024 11:52am
Quote (SBD @ 6 Mar 2024 11:39)
Straight up, with 100% honesty, zero guilt. Someone asked the rational that's why.

I could not be more honest with you. It might be your hope otherwise but its not true in the slightest. Sorry mate.

You never asked me that if I wore a condom do I think I would not have got a girl pregnant. The obvious answer to that is yes, obviously it would have provided more protection but I didnt so here we are and I don't for a second lose sleep over that.

I'm done explaining why I think all life is sacred especially an unborn child and it's infinite potential.

You forced yourself into life's most important blessing. It shouldn't have even been a decision. It shouldn't be an "option" to raise your own progeny even at great loss to ones self. That's the burden all parents bear and it's suppose to be beautiful, challenging, and rewarding.

Just because 1st world countries have made abortion easier then getting an oil change doesn't suddenly make it morally right. That's all I'm saying.
Gold: 435.68
Mar 6 2024 11:52am
Quote (SwamiVivekananda @ Mar 6 2024 09:35am)

&&& ^SBD can't just admit if he wore a condom that he wouldn't of had to "abort" the "life" he couldn't "support". So then he builds a fantasy in his mind that what he did was ok? Sorry I know you guys won't budge but neither will I.

I mentioned modern day religious ideology. I didn't even mention God or another higher entity but you seemed to fill in some gaps that weren't there for some reason. I was born into Christianity and even studied Buddhism in College. Nowhere did I belittle ideology, I simply said it was never intended to be an all encompassing enforcer of rules on society and anyone doing so is not religious.

I agree with abortion having little to do with God/religion, but breaking natural law? We house domestic animals in unnatural environments for their whole lives, cage animals in unnatural areas for mass consumption, have modern day medicine that isn't "natural" and an entire laundry list of items that break "laws" such as cosmetic surgeries. Do you let an unborn child die if a mother cannot birth naturally during labor in that case?

This post was edited by MrSK on Mar 6 2024 12:03pm
Mar 6 2024 11:55am
Quote (SwamiVivekananda @ Mar 6 2024 10:52am)
I'm done explaining why I think all life is sacred especially an unborn child and it's infinite potential.

You forced yourself into life's most important blessing. It shouldn't have even been a decision. It shouldn't be an "option" to raise your own progeny even at great loss to ones self. That's the burden all parents bear and it's suppose to be beautiful, challenging, and rewarding.

Just because 1st world countries have made abortion easier then getting an oil change doesn't suddenly make it morally right. That's all I'm saying.

Morality is what what majority believes it to be. It's not objective. Being good for instance depends on what good is now. What was good 100 years ago is no longer considered good today.

You're just on the minority side of the first world. Someone always has to be on the losing side of change. Slave owners weren't overly happy either.
Mar 6 2024 12:30pm
Quote (MrSK @ 6 Mar 2024 11:52)
I mentioned modern day religious ideology. I didn't even mention God or another higher entity but you seemed to fill in some gaps that weren't there for some reason. I was born into Christianity and even studied Buddhism in College. Nowhere did I belittle ideology, I simply said it was never intended to be an all encompassing enforcer of rules on society and anyone doing so is not religious.

I agree with abortion having little to do with God/religion, but breaking natural law? We house domestic animals in unnatural environments for their whole lives, cage animals in unnatural areas for mass consumption, have modern day medicine that isn't "natural" and an entire laundry list of items that break "laws" such as cosmetic surgeries. Do you let an unborn child die if a mother cannot birth naturally during labor in that case?

If you studied Buddhism you'd know what I underlined is totally against the ideology of non-violence.

If a mothers life is in danger I never said don't perform a procedure to save her life but I can guarantee that the mother cares more about her unborn child then her own personal health. This is why they wouldn't be telling the doctor, "Kill this unborn thing in me I want to live!" it's more like "Do everything you can to save my baby".

Quote (SBD @ 6 Mar 2024 11:55)
Morality is what what majority believes it to be. It's not objective. Being good for instance depends on what good is now. What was good 100 years ago is no longer considered good today.

You're just on the minority side of the first world. Someone always has to be on the losing side of change. Slave owners weren't overly happy either.

Slavery and abortion are not comparable but once again I enjoy your attempt to obfuscate responsibility for the death of your two unborn children.

Morality is what the "majority believes". You are so far gone my friend. That's one of the most asinine statements you can make.

A majority of people on this planet think abortion is wrong and should be the last option.

The majority of people who support abortion like I mentioned are "Religiously unaffiliated, people on the ideological left, and woman"

Is there any surprise there?

People who don't believe in any "God" or "higher power" think their free will super cedes natural law.

People on the left who have been shoveled pro-abortion lifestyle choices as being a-ok actually believe the propaganda

Woman who for the most part had unprotected sex and weren't raped saying my body my choice because they don't want to accept killing their own child is bad for them physically/psychosocially/psychologically or that they just made bad personal choices and so now they have to make an even worse choice. Killing their unborn child.
Mar 6 2024 12:39pm
Quote (SwamiVivekananda @ Mar 6 2024 11:30am)
If you studied Buddhism you'd know what I underlined is totally against the ideology of non-violence.

If a mothers life is in danger I never said don't perform a procedure to save her life but I can guarantee that the mother cares more about her unborn child then her own personal health. This is why they wouldn't be telling the doctor, "Kill this unborn thing in me I want to live!" it's more like "Do everything you can to save my baby".

Slavery and abortion are not comparable but once again I enjoy your attempt to obfuscate responsibility for the death of your two unborn children.

Morality is what the "majority believes". You are so far gone my friend. That's one of the most asinine statements you can make.

A majority of people on this planet think abortion is wrong and should be the last option.

The majority of people who support abortion like I mentioned are "Religiously unaffiliated, people on the ideological left, and woman"

Is there any surprise there?

People who don't believe in any "God" or "higher power" think their free will super cedes natural law.

People on the left who have been shoveled pro-abortion lifestyle choices as being a-ok actually believe the propaganda

Woman who for the most part had unprotected sex and weren't raped saying my body my choice because they don't want to accept killing their own child is bad for them physically/psychosocially/psychologically or that they just made bad personal choices and so now they have to make an even worse choice. Killing their unborn child.

If you don't understand that what is moral shifts with time you are the one far gone. And again I have remained consistent with talking about first world countries. You insist on constantly bringing undeveloped ones because you would have nothing to back up anything without it. History shows the more education and developed a country gets that religion and make believe dies with it.

You just don't like the comparison of slavery and abortion dispite it being one owning another's body because it's a clear example of how what's moral can shift and has shifted. You then can only fall back on make believe religions and divinity.

Again it's your own denial and that's fine.

This post was edited by SBD on Mar 6 2024 12:44pm
Gold: 435.68
Mar 6 2024 12:50pm
Quote (SwamiVivekananda @ Mar 6 2024 10:30am)

If you know anything about Buddhism you know there is not one defined stance against abortion as well and even varies on the region. Even The Dalai Lama states that there are exceptions when they cause serious problems for the parents:

Buddhism is non-violence oriented, yet there are some regions who still consume products of violence such as meat, dairy and other animal products. It is not a black and white ideology.

Quote (SwamiVivekananda @ Mar 6 2024 10:30am)

You argued abortion is unnatural and that is why you are against it. C-section births are also unnatural but you are for it which contradicts your previous post. You also didn't mention anything about the other atrocities we commit that are crimes against "natural law".
Also you would be incorrect about mothers caring more about their unborn child than themselves(atleast in my area). 9 times out of ten if the doctor had the choice to either save the mother or the unborn child they would choose the mother. Mothers also cannot make the decision during labor as they're drugged up and require someone to be their designated person for medical decisions in labor

My point is regardless of your stance religiously or morally, abortion should not be limited by Government. You have every right to shame and look down upon those who choose to get an abortion, but you have no right to tell others what to do with their body and that is something that should be left up to individuals and medical staff(atleast in the US where we have separation of church & state).

This post was edited by MrSK on Mar 6 2024 12:51pm
Mar 6 2024 01:23pm
Quote (SBD @ 6 Mar 2024 12:39)
If you don't understand that what is moral shifts with time you are the one far gone. And again I have remained consistent with talking about first world countries. You insist on constantly bringing undeveloped ones because you would have nothing to back up anything without it. History shows the more education and developed a country gets that religion and make believe dies with it.

You just don't like the comparison of slavery and abortion dispite it being one owning another's body because it's a clear example of how what's moral can shift and has shifted. You then can only fall back on make believe religions and divinity.

Again it's your own denial and that's fine.

I love the comparison because both slavery and abortion are morally wrong. Appreciate you admitting that.

Where did the morality change? Where's this wave of pro-abortion taking over the entire planet? 1st world countries where people like yourself kill your own unborn children for materialistic gains just because you can??? Laughable.

Quote (MrSK @ 6 Mar 2024 12:50)
If you know anything about Buddhism you know there is not one defined stance against abortion as well and even varies on the region. Even The Dalai Lama states that there are exceptions when they cause serious problems for the parents:
https://i.imgur.com/pFaNjem.png

Buddhism is non-violence oriented, yet there are some regions who still consume products of violence such as meat, dairy and other animal products. It is not a black and white ideology.

You argued abortion is unnatural and that is why you are against it. C-section births are also unnatural but you are for it which contradicts your previous post. You also didn't mention anything about the other atrocities we commit that are crimes against "natural law".
Also you would be incorrect about mothers caring more about their unborn child than themselves(atleast in my area). 9 times out of ten if the doctor had the choice to either save the mother or the unborn child they would choose the mother. Mothers also cannot make the decision during labor as they're drugged up and require someone to be their designated person for medical decisions in labor

My point is regardless of your stance religiously or morally, abortion should not be limited by Government. You have every right to shame and look down upon those who choose to get an abortion, but you have no right to tell others what to do with their body and that is something that should be left up to individuals and medical staff(atleast in the US where we have separation of church & state).

Not going to argue with you about Buddhist philosophy you clearly studied Buddhism through some western orientation. An actual Buddhist would never harm any other living thing at great cost to themselves. You are talking about FAKE western buddhist who pick and choose which Buddhist doctrine they are going to follow based on preference through their own ego.

The Dali Llama is a Buddhist personality. The eastern faiths equivalent of the western Pope. He is a spiritual leader and ambassador to Buddism around the world so he always reaches for common ground. There are many other Buddhist monks/sages/ascetics and they don't have to put on an "ego" on the way the Dali Llama does. The fact you think the Dali Llama is the spokesperson for hardline Buddhism is misguided. He's a people pleaser like the Pope.

I didn't mention C-Sections but I guess I should have wrote 8 paragraphs and covered every potential "exception" to the rule. A C-Section is not an abortion. Huge difference brother. I know a lot of woman who've had C-sections I don't put that in the same "category" as an abortion. A woman taking on more physical damage to her body in the form of a C-Section because she cared about the health and safety of her baby is not the same as killing her baby in the wound because "My body my choice"

I never said abortion should be limited by the government I said it's morally wrong. I never told anyone what they should do with their body I simply said an abortion harms a woman physically/psychologically. What's so hard to understand about that?
Mar 6 2024 01:27pm
Quote (SwamiVivekananda @ Mar 6 2024 12:23pm)
I love the comparison because both slavery and abortion are morally wrong. Appreciate you admitting that.

Where did the morality change? Where's this wave of pro-abortion taking over the entire planet? 1st world countries where people like yourself kill your own unborn children for materialistic gains just because you can??? Laughable.

Not going to argue with you about Buddhist philosophy you clearly studied Buddhism through some western orientation. An actual Buddhist would never harm any other living thing at great cost to themselves. You are talking about FAKE western buddhist who pick and choose which Buddhist doctrine they are going to follow based on preference through their own ego.

The Dali Llama is a Buddhist personality. The eastern faiths equivalent of the western Pope. He is a spiritual leader and ambassador to Buddism around the world so he always reaches for common ground. There are many other Buddhist monks/sages/ascetics and they don't have to put on an "ego" on the way the Dali Llama does. The fact you think the Dali Llama is the spokesperson for hardline Buddhism is misguided. He's a people pleaser like the Pope.

I didn't mention C-Sections but I guess I should have wrote 8 paragraphs and covered every potential "exception" to the rule. A C-Section is not an abortion. Huge difference brother. I know a lot of woman who've had C-sections I don't put that in the same "category" as an abortion. A woman taking on more physical damage to her body in the form of a C-Section because she cared about the health and safety of her baby is not the same as killing her baby in the wound because "My body my choice"

I never said abortion should be limited by the government I said it's morally wrong. I never told anyone what they should do with their body I simply said an abortion harms a woman physically/psychologically. What's so hard to understand about that?

Is it legal in the majority of first world countries when it was not before? Yes. Do the majority of people support it in these countries. Yes. Sorry that's overwhelmingly difficult for you to understand. Does rates of religious people decrease with access to education, yes. Hence, why the countries with the lowest rates of education are also the most religious. Shocker I know.

Slavery was morally fine, abortion was morally not. Slavery is no longer morally fine, while abortion is now found to be morally fine by the majority. Proves the exact opposite of you're point. Morality changes and you're just on the minority side if you're in a first world country right now. You have your rights to not be happy about it, but that's about as far as your rights go, your wife wants an abortion, too bad for you.

You just have no gas except made up religion which humans have idolized tens of thousands of objects, idols, beings, etc. through the years so that's virtually worthless except to your own belief system and of course "divinity".

This post was edited by SBD on Mar 6 2024 01:29pm
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev16789Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll