d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > Looking For Creatine Suggestions?
1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 69.69
Warn: 30%
Sep 7 2023 05:18am
Just want to start adding it to my smoothies. What do you recommend?

Are they all equally effective or is there certain brands to avoid? Thanks for the help guys :thumbsup:
Gold: 2.00
Sep 7 2023 07:16pm
Just drink lots of water side ffects are red dots on the skin and muscle cramps if not hydrate well.
Retired Moderator
Gold: 4.79
Trader: Trusted
Sep 8 2023 03:52pm
If you're buying anything else than creatine monohydrate, you're wasting your money tbh. It's the most studied and most cost effective, as well as most effective overall.

This post was edited by Jaypee on Sep 8 2023 03:53pm
Gold: 179.69
Sep 8 2023 04:01pm
i just get nutricost on amazon, they're all made in the same factory in china so it really doesn't matter which brand u get
Sep 8 2023 10:52pm
Ok just got myself pharmaceutical grade pure monohydrate that looked good. Should arrive next week.
Gold: 1,453.85
Sep 11 2023 05:43pm
Are you trying to build muscles? If yes, I would just go with eggs. Cheap, delicious and nutritious. You can incorporate it into your diet very easily.

Personally I would avoid anything that doesn't come from a natural source. I know that you want to look good, however your health, and especially the health of your liver, should come first.

This post was edited by JessiWan on Sep 11 2023 05:54pm
Sep 11 2023 11:01pm
Quote (JessiWan @ Sep 12 2023 11:43am)
Are you trying to build muscles? If yes, I would just go with eggs. Cheap, delicious and nutritious. You can incorporate it into your diet very easily.

Personally I would avoid anything that doesn't come from a natural source. I know that you want to look good, however your health, and especially the health of your liver, should come first.

I eat 6 eggs every day and don't drink alcohol so my liver is doing great. I am mainly want to add a little bit as a supplement not a replacement. Also eggs have gone up this year and the guy that I used to get fresh eggs from has closed shop.
Gold: 0.00
Sep 13 2023 02:06am
Quote (JessiWan @ Sep 11 2023 07:43pm)

Citation needed**
Gold: 3,826.00
Sep 16 2023 04:34am
Quote (addone @ 12 Sep 2023 07:01)
I eat 6 eggs every day and don't drink alcohol so my liver is doing great. I am mainly want to add a little bit as a supplement not a replacement. Also eggs have gone up this year and the guy that I used to get fresh eggs from has closed shop.

What the other guys said - stick to creatine monohydrate to supplement if you are lifting, dont forget to drink enough water (get a steel bottle, avoid plastic bottles).

If you are eating 6 eggs per day I would strongly advise to remove yolks as my understanding is that high consumption of yolks leads to higher cholesterol levels which are correlated with risk of heart disease.

I summon and as they seems to know a lot more about medicine and I'm way over my head trying to understand studies like this: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5946211/

Get a blood test to be sure what your current levels are (and get a reading of other stuff like sugar/insulin, omega acids, iron, testosterone and such) to get a baseline.
Gold: 19,378.19
Sep 16 2023 06:22am
Quote (addone @ Sep 12 2023 07:01am)

I'd avoid creatine as well except for when you're trying to overcome a hurdle. For example, if you've hit a wall with a lift or an strength exercise, you can intake creatine monohydrate for the duration of low rep strength training (1-3 reps range) to overcome that hurdle then leave creatine alone again for the time being (you do your usual 6 - 20 rep range depending on the body part). Caffeine from coffee is also a perfectly natural doping source :D
Much more important than everything else is testosterone level in blood. Without that, no matter what you eat or how much you train, you'll see very little gains. To get it high naturally, techniques like interval fasting (not eating anything for example from 7 p.m. till 7 a.m. , no snacks at all between breakfast, lunch and dinner), exercises which activate as many muscles as possible (frontsquats, romanian deadlifts hill sprinting for example), eating more proteins in general (doesn't have to be whey for muscle building, just a metabolism thing by eating walnuts and almonds) and VERY IMPORTANT vitamin D (the only thing at all I would supplement) are some ways to work with.

Eating 6 eggs every day is very unhealthy because of the yellow egg yolk full of cholesterin. Consider cheese sorts which basically consist of casein protein only with hardly any fat or cholesterol. I don't know what they are called in your local stores but they should have 15 gram of pure casein per serving.

This post was edited by babun1024 on Sep 16 2023 06:22am
Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll