d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > Looking For Creatine Suggestions?
Prev1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 6.66
Sep 16 2023 07:49am
Quote (Malopox @ 16 Sep 2023 13:34)
What the other guys said - stick to creatine monohydrate to supplement if you are lifting, dont forget to drink enough water (get a steel bottle, avoid plastic bottles).

If you are eating 6 eggs per day I would strongly advise to remove yolks as my understanding is that high consumption of yolks leads to higher cholesterol levels which are correlated with risk of heart disease.

I summon ^babun1024 and ^neptunus as they seems to know a lot more about medicine and I'm way over my head trying to understand studies like this: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5946211/

Get a blood test to be sure what your current levels are (and get a reading of other stuff like sugar/insulin, omega acids, iron, testosterone and such) to get a baseline.

Yes. Not just the cholesterol in the eggs, but theyre pretty high in saturated fats. If your LDL is in check then whatever ur doing is good for you (i would aim for an LDL slightly below the official guidelines)
Gold: 0.00
Sep 16 2023 02:14pm
This subform has turned into an absolute dumpster fire of advice.
Gold: 3,826.00
Sep 17 2023 12:29am
Quote (ozzyarmy3 @ 16 Sep 2023 22:14)
This subform has turned into an absolute dumpster fire of advice.

Share the knowledge then
Sep 17 2023 04:57am
Quote (Malopox @ Sep 17 2023 02:29am)
Share the knowledge then

There’s way too much garbage and not enough time, but here’s 2.

1. Eggs are relatively low in saturated fat and a fantastic source of protein and healthy fats. They do have a decent amount of fat in them however, which doesn’t make something inherently BAD for you, they should only be limited during a fat loss phase and used in conjunction with egg whites. It’s also wildly inconclusive and wrapped around other variables if indeed eggs can increase risk of heart disease. This is like the red meat argument. People who eat massive quantities of red meat also smoke tobacco, drink beer, eat fried foods and eat in a caloric surplus. So is it REALLY the red meat? Lots of large scaled studies say no.

2. The advice the other guy gave about IF to increase natural testosterone levels is hogwash, and if you really want me to support this, then I’ve made my point.
Gold: 3,826.00
Sep 17 2023 05:23am
Quote (ozzyarmy3 @ 17 Sep 2023 12:57)

1. Eggs are relatively low in saturated fat and a fantastic source of protein and healthy fats. They do have a decent amount of fat in them however, which doesn’t make something inherently BAD for you, they should only be limited during a fat loss phase and used in conjunction with egg whites. It’s also wildly inconclusive and wrapped around other variables if indeed eggs can increase risk of heart disease. This is like the red meat argument. People who eat massive quantities of red meat also smoke tobacco, drink beer, eat fried foods and eat in a caloric surplus. So is it REALLY the red meat? Lots of large scaled studies say no.

2. The advice the other guy gave about IF to increase natural testosterone levels is hogwash, and if you really want me to support this, then I’ve made my point.

1) How would one distinguish bad advice from good advice on the Internet?

Huberman has been gaining popularity, but the amount of information he dumps on you is overwhelming for me. There are scientific papers about various effects, but to truly appreciate what they say within the framed questions and testing constraints - one has to be in medical field to separate hogwash from true science?

2) Interesting on the red meat debate, I’ve seen a convincing argument from that iron received via excess red meat consumption is shown to be correlated with early unset of Alzheimer’s? See below full quote:

Testosterone and our male genetics makes us prone to artery problems, high blood pressure and heart failures. After you've stopped growing (around 21-25) iron and other heavy metals keep accumulating (also in brain) unless you donate blood regularly. Then you can eat 2x meat per weak. The fat that comes with meat has got the bad type of cholesterol known for blockages over time. Children need 2-4x meat per week with LOTs of animal fat for normal brain development. Women need more due to their period every month which results in blood loss and loss of iron. The period is also used by the body to get rid of the excess of harmful tissue + toxins. We, men, don't have that mechanism.

There was a time, beef was a good source of B12 for us but when the food industry went on intensifying its farming the soil didn't have enough B12 to be naturally available in cows. They feed them extra now (artificially). The other pressing issue is the environment pollution. The bigger the animal or higher on food chain, the more toxic stuff gets accumulated in their bodies (mostly liver but also everywhere else). Eating small fish is much safer than tuna for example, eating chicken or even better, eggs, is better than eating beef often.

I always wonder why climate activist and green movements go to extremes instead of telling the truth? BTW, children absolutely need animal fats.

Sources:
https://www.nih.gov/news-events/nih-research-matters/eating-red-meat-daily-triples-heart-disease-related-chemical

https://www.healthline.com/health-news/excessive-iron-in-the-brain-may-be-a-factor-in-alzheimers-disease

http://eerainuh.com/supplementation-of-vitamin-b12-in-cattle-and-sheep-to-prevent-deficiency/

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/33786470/

https://wyethnutritionsc.org/sites/default/files/2019-11/Ryan%20Carvalho%2C%20MD%20-%20The%20Fats%20of%20life%20in%20early%20childhood%20brain%20development_3.pdf

https://sharkresearch.earth.miami.edu/bioaccumulation-biomagnification-when-bigger-isnt-better/

I’ve discussed this with a few weightlifting buddies in several countries who tend to share this sentiment saying that (arguably) healthiest diet on the planet (Scandinavian/Japanese) tend to minimize red meat and replace sources of proteins with chicken/fish/lentils/eggs.

This post was edited by Malopox on Sep 17 2023 05:24am
Gold: 19,851.29
Sep 17 2023 06:38am
Quote (ozzyarmy3 @ Sep 17 2023 12:57pm)

Tell me how you're going to increase the natural amount of testosterone. That worked for me btw. The real effect besides measuring blood levels at doc are a boner every morning and being more horny/aware around women. Of course, genetics are a bitch. If you can't build or activate lots of muscle with exercises, your ability to heighten your testosterone level in inhibited.

This post was edited by babun1024 on Sep 17 2023 06:39am
Gold: 540.20
Sep 17 2023 07:06am
morning wood is probably actually a pretty good metric for gauging test levels ngl
Sep 17 2023 07:20am
Quote (babun1024 @ Sep 17 2023 08:38am)
Tell me how you're going to increase the natural amount of testosterone. That worked for me btw. The real effect besides measuring blood levels at doc are a boner every morning and being more horny/aware around women. Of course, genetics are a bitch. If you can't build or activate lots of muscle with exercises, your ability to heighten your testosterone level in inhibited.

You’re genetically predisposed to endogenous hormone shifts with age. Proper diet is a great way to help with regulations, IE staying out of a catabolic window that IF can cause, good sleep, and adequate exercise are ways to help slow down the impending doom that is low test levels.

Quote (Malopox @ Sep 17 2023 07:23am)
1) How would one distinguish bad advice from good advice on the Internet?

Huberman has been gaining popularity, but the amount of information he dumps on you is overwhelming for me. There are scientific papers about various effects, but to truly appreciate what they say within the framed questions and testing constraints - one has to be in medical field to separate hogwash from true science?

2) Interesting on the red meat debate, I’ve seen a convincing argument from ^babun1024 that iron received via excess red meat consumption is shown to be correlated with early unset of Alzheimer’s? See below full quote:

I’ve discussed this with a few weightlifting buddies in several countries who tend to share this sentiment saying that (arguably) healthiest diet on the planet (Scandinavian/Japanese) tend to minimize red meat and replace sources of proteins with chicken/fish/lentils/eggs.

There are direct studies that state that it isn’t clear that red meat, in moderation or even slightly in excess, is harmful for health. The original studies that made these excessive claims didn’t account for the numerous confounding data. Excessive caloric intake and other confounding factors need to be taken into consideration. Let’s be clear here, the NIH isn’t the end all when it comes to health and this article is/has been dated. As for the Alzheimer’s and iron levels, it’s completely speculative as of now. You’d better stay away from spinach, tree nuts, tofu, chocolate, beans, broccoli etc as well. They all have amazing levels of iron.

Huberman has no credentials other than “I did my research, bro”. Go listen to Dr. Mike Israetel, Michelle Howe and Christy Alexon if you want real, evidence based information. You’ve got to VET the info that channels through your brain. Be a sponge, but don’t absorb everything you hear.

This post was edited by ozzyarmy3 on Sep 17 2023 07:22am
Gold: 500.00
Sep 17 2023 07:48am
Quote (ozzyarmy3 @ 17 Sep 2023 04:57)

This 100%. Thank you for pointing out the BS.
Gold: 1,803.00
Sep 17 2023 11:21am
Never heard of creatine red bumps, and creatine can actually help prevent cramping.

Creatine is one of the safest and most studied supplements. It’s recommended for many groups and especially elderly as of late, with studies showing benefits for cognitive and physical reasons.

Eggs are fine in moderation, especially if you’re healthy already and exercise. Cholesterol is mostly a genetic thing.

There used to be a lot more fact checking that occurred here but now, but many of those users are no longer with us. :cry:
Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
Prev1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll