d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > Looking For Creatine Suggestions?
Prev1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 19,378.19
Sep 17 2023 01:34pm
Quote (Decarnate @ Sep 17 2023 03:48pm)
This 100%. Thank you for pointing out the BS.

That's not BS. Some people are suspect to cholesterol in eggs, some not so much, but eating 6x per day is way too many,

This post was edited by babun1024 on Sep 17 2023 01:34pm
Sep 17 2023 01:52pm
Quote (ozzyarmy3 @ Sep 17 2023 03:20pm)
You’re genetically predisposed to endogenous hormone shifts with age. Proper diet is a great way to help with regulations, IE staying out of a catabolic window that IF can cause, good sleep, and adequate exercise are ways to help slow down the impending doom that is low test levels.

I wasn't talking about intermittent fasting ( IF is your abbreviation for that I think) where you have net negative caloric intake per day. I was talking about not eating anything between the meals which does increase testosterone and growth hormone levels. To have a net gain, caloric surplus per day is more important. It's not about windows but the total intake. As long you consume more than use up you build up muscle. Of course, it's not true for people who use anabolic steroids.
For men, proper diet alone isn't enough btw. Strength training (not hypertrophy, but you get hypertrophy anyways) is what lets you age healthy until 80y+.

Quote (ozzyarmy3 @ Sep 17 2023 03:20pm)
There are direct studies that state that it isn’t clear that red meat, in moderation or even slightly in excess, is harmful for health. The original studies that made these excessive claims didn’t account for the numerous confounding data. Excessive caloric intake and other confounding factors need to be taken into consideration. Let’s be clear here, the NIH isn’t the end all when it comes to health and this article is/has been dated. As for the Alzheimer’s and iron levels, it’s completely speculative as of now. You’d better stay away from spinach, tree nuts, tofu, chocolate, beans, broccoli etc as well. They all have amazing levels of iron.

You can eat as much beans, broccoli etc. as you wish, the body hardly absorbs those (spinach doesn't even have lots of iron). Iron oxids in red meat are way easier to absorb for human body. There're vegetarians and vegans who eat tons of those + supplememts and still have iron deficiency.

This post was edited by babun1024 on Sep 17 2023 01:56pm
Gold: 1,803.00
Sep 17 2023 02:37pm
Quote (babun1024 @ Sep 17 2023 02:34pm)
That's not BS. Some people are suspect to cholesterol in eggs, some not so much, but eating 6x per day is way too many,

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/29914176/#:~:text=To%20date%2C%20extensive%20research%20did,cholesterol%20to%20300%20mg%2Fday.

"To date, extensive research did not show evidence to support a role of dietary cholesterol in the development of CVD. As a result, the 2015⁻2020 Dietary Guidelines for Americans removed the recommendations of restricting dietary cholesterol to 300 mg/day."

It is not the dietary cholesterol, it is saturated fats. But yes 3-4 eggs is likely fine, while 6 is pushing it, depending on the individual.

Quote (babun1024 @ Sep 17 2023 02:52pm)
I wasn't talking about intermittent fasting ( IF is your abbreviation for that I think) where you have net negative caloric intake per day. I was talking about not eating anything between the meals which does increase testosterone and growth hormone levels. To have a net gain, caloric surplus per day is more important. It's not about windows but the total intake. As long you consume more than use up you build up muscle. Of course, it's not true for people who use anabolic steroids.
For men, proper diet alone isn't enough btw. Strength training (not hypertrophy, but you get hypertrophy anyways) is what lets you age healthy until 80y+.

You can eat as much beans, broccoli etc. as you wish, the body hardly absorbs those (spinach doesn't even have lots of iron). Iron oxids in red meat are way easier to absorb for,human body. There vegetarians and vegans who eat tons of those + supplememts and still have iron deficiency.

Intermittent fasting does not necessarily mean a caloric deficit unless that's the goal, as it's more of a lifestyle change. Your other points are not valid because even if true, it would be so little that it would make an insignificant difference. The easiest thing we can compare your 7 pm to 7 am example of would be IF, where studies show no change, or even a decrease in free testosterone. I'm not sure if this idea is rooted in the myth that eating at night will just be stored as fat, or what the deal is there.

Quote (babun1024 @ Sep 17 2023 07:38am)
Tell me how you're going to increase the natural amount of testosterone. That worked for me btw. The real effect besides measuring blood levels at doc are a boner every morning and being more horny/aware around women. Of course, genetics are a bitch. If you can't build or activate lots of muscle with exercises, your ability to heighten your testosterone level in inhibited.

I chuckled.
Sep 17 2023 02:54pm
Quote (tommyd323 @ Sep 17 2023 10:37pm)
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/29914176/#:~:text=To%20date%2C%20extensive%20research%20did,cholesterol%20to%20300%20mg%2Fday.

"To date, extensive research did not show evidence to support a role of dietary cholesterol in the development of CVD. As a result, the 2015⁻2020 Dietary Guidelines for Americans removed the recommendations of restricting dietary cholesterol to 300 mg/day."

It is not the dietary cholesterol, it is saturated fats. But yes 3-4 eggs is likely fine, while 6 is pushing it, depending on the individual.

Intermittent fasting does not necessarily mean a caloric deficit unless that's the goal, as it's more of a lifestyle change. Your other points are not valid because even if true, it would be so little that it would make an insignificant difference. The easiest thing we can compare your 7 pm to 7 am example of would be IF, where studies show no change, or even a decrease in free testosterone. I'm not sure if this idea is rooted in the myth that eating at night will just be stored as fat, or what the deal is there.

I chuckled.

1. I was for moderate consumption as well and it depends whether you're a healthy individual or not. I eat eggs myself 1x or 2x per week 3 eggs each serving but for different reasons: eggs have a bit of everything you usually don't think about.
2. 7 pm to 7 am forces your body to consume fats because carbs inbetween aren't going to be enough. It's the opposite IF is best to exactly lose fat and not muscles. Decrease in testosterone levels happens when you don't consume enough animal fats. Cholesterol produced by our own body and testosterone production require animal saturated fat. The magic formula is the amount needed to not overdo. Milk has got the perfect combo, eggs, too. Butter is also a relatively safe option if consumed in moderation.

3. Keep chuckling, I am still going strong :D

This post was edited by babun1024 on Sep 17 2023 02:59pm
Gold: 69.69
Warn: 30%
Sep 17 2023 03:14pm
Thanks for all suggestions so far. I have heard of all kinds of diets and fads. Every year there is a new one and another doctor with credentials is saying the opposite to the other guy before him. The food pyramid for example has been proven to be unhealthy and being phased out. The official sources are usually being funded by big pharma knowingly people will get sick and buy their drugs. So credentials aren't necessarily metric for me I just said fuck it will look at the people themselves if they look like shit it's a good indicator. Then try it myself if I feel like it's helping I'll stick with it if not I'll take it out. I figured there is only one way to find out.

So far I feel good taking creatine, but this is only day 3 so will monitor progress and update every few weeks.
Sep 17 2023 05:50pm
Quote (addone @ Sep 17 2023 11:14pm)
Thanks for all suggestions so far. I have heard of all kinds of diets and fads. Every year there is a new one and another doctor with credentials is saying the opposite to the other guy before him. The food pyramid for example has been proven to be unhealthy and being phased out. The official sources are usually being funded by big pharma knowingly people will get sick and buy their drugs. So credentials aren't necessarily metric for me I just said fuck it will look at the people themselves if they look like shit it's a good indicator. Then try it myself if I feel like it's helping I'll stick with it if not I'll take it out. I figured there is only one way to find out.

So far I feel good taking creatine, but this is only day 3 so will monitor progress and update every few weeks.

Same here basically, I try out stuff and keep what works.
Gold: 6.66
Sep 18 2023 03:29pm
Quote (ozzyarmy3 @ 17 Sep 2023 13:57)
There’s way too much garbage and not enough time, but here’s 2.

1. Eggs are relatively low in saturated fat and a fantastic source of protein and healthy fats. They do have a decent amount of fat in them however, which doesn’t make something inherently BAD for you, they should only be limited during a fat loss phase and used in conjunction with egg whites. It’s also wildly inconclusive and wrapped around other variables if indeed eggs can increase risk of heart disease. This is like the red meat argument. People who eat massive quantities of red meat also smoke tobacco, drink beer, eat fried foods and eat in a caloric surplus. So is it REALLY the red meat? Lots of large scaled studies say no.

2. The advice the other guy gave about IF to increase natural testosterone levels is hogwash, and if you really want me to support this, then I’ve made my point.

Egg fat is around 1/3 saturated now that i checked, its still not insignificant although i do have to admit i recalled it to be 45-50%. In big enough quantities it might elevate LDL by itself in addition to the cholesterol it contains. Its well established that high sat fats increase LDL which is very highly correlated with heart disease. Perhaps no egg studies exist, but we dont need to go through every type of food out there. Its much more sound to avoid excess eggs than to indulge in them given the knowledge we currently have. Its also relatively safe to continue doing whatever youre doing if your LDL, HDL, fasting sugar and BP are in check, some individuals handle sat fats better than others due to genetic factors.

But bro... the red meat talking point is bs. Its like climate studies. Some studies do and will necessarily point towards the opposite results. Its a statistical fact. But the majority is towards red meat being harmful. The point about uncontrolled variables explaining the connection is a talking point thats been heard over and over in the medical community, but the fat they contain is mostly harmful and even in the case of lean products, they are significantly associated with GI cancer. The people who do the guidelines arent idiots who failed the "elementary criticism of studies" course, they are usually pro publishers and researches themselves. Theres a reason behind the consensus.

We used to think moderate alcohol use was connected to longevity, and even attributed the results to confounding factors such as moderate red wine drinkers being of a higher socioeconomic status (physically active, healthy otherwise, educated etc), but turns out it was wrong altogether and harmful at virtually all quantities.

Quote (addone @ 18 Sep 2023 00:14)

What about Big Supplement funding your pro creatine science, tho?

Doctors mostly look like they have conflicting views, but the majority is really following the guidelines. Those in the mainstream dont have a lot of motivation to speak out because theres nothing to capitalize on, but you see every snowflake doctor because they live off their anti-mainstream views so they want to go public to sell their stuff. You end up this way with a skewed numerical representation of views. You gotta factor that in as well.

This post was edited by Neptunus on Sep 18 2023 03:42pm
Gold: 6.66
Sep 18 2023 03:55pm
Quote (ozzyarmy3 @ 17 Sep 2023 16:20)
You’re genetically predisposed to endogenous hormone shifts with age. Proper diet is a great way to help with regulations, IE staying out of a catabolic window that IF can cause, good sleep, and adequate exercise are ways to help slow down the impending doom that is low test levels.

There are direct studies that state that it isn’t clear that red meat, in moderation or even slightly in excess, is harmful for health. The original studies that made these excessive claims didn’t account for the numerous confounding data. Excessive caloric intake and other confounding factors need to be taken into consideration. Let’s be clear here, the NIH isn’t the end all when it comes to health and this article is/has been dated. As for the Alzheimer’s and iron levels, it’s completely speculative as of now. You’d better stay away from spinach, tree nuts, tofu, chocolate, beans, broccoli etc as well. They all have amazing levels of iron.

Huberman has no credentials other than “I did my research, bro”. Go listen to Dr. Mike Israetel, Michelle Howe and Christy Alexon if you want real, evidence based information. You’ve got to VET the info that channels through your brain. Be a sponge, but don’t absorb everything you hear.

Low test levels with age being portrayed as impending doom is just hysteria. Youre gonna cause psychological doom mimicking the lack of test if you keep thinking of it like that lol.

Its good you provide names with some merit(?havent done a BG check), but they are still just 3 people. The consensus is built from a hive-mind consisting of scientists. I trust the hive-mind more than single individuals when it comes to something as statistical in nature as scientific research. But ill look into them once i have time. Doctors make decisions that are ultimately liable, and the medical community is pretty big so im pretty sure the general consensus on treatment guidelines is fine. The age of scientific dissidents/visionaries is over. Theres too much science out there for anyone to be Galileo

This post was edited by Neptunus on Sep 18 2023 03:58pm
Gold: 0.00
Sep 20 2023 08:50am
On a cold Friday afternoon, I had come home from school. I had been thinking of the gym all day. I was hungry, didn't have any lunch. In fact, I didn't eat because I spent the money. For the past month I was saving up for something. Something special which I bought at GNC. I was surprised they didn't ask for ID; I was pretty sure the cashier noticed how nervous I was. Anyways, my mom asked my how my day was when I got home, but I ignored her. I have more important things to do. I run to the bathroom and unpack my bag. In my school bag is a white plastic bag from GNC. I open the bag, first removing the receipt and flushing it down the toilet to get rid of the evidence. My heart was racing now. I unpack the creatine monster from the bag. I wonder what people will be asking me when they see that I will be 50lbs heavier. Should I say I was just eating a lot? I remove the label from the tub and tear it into a thousand small pieces. I flush that down the toilet, too. It is time now. I run up to my room when my mom ask me what I am holding. I panic, sweat drips down my forehead and my teeth chatter. "Mom, it's just for a school project". "What project?" "I don't know mom I just started it!". A tear runs down my cheek. I run upstairs and open the creatine, scooping upservings into a clear water bottle. What have I gotten myself into? I fill it with water and drink it. There is no turning back now. The creatine monster is inside me now, it will control me. What should I do if I die? I cant let my family know about this. I open the creatine tub and throw it all out the window; a white cloud of mysterious dust sparkles into the wind so graciously. I feel the substance taking control of me; I am now the monster. I walk downstairs, its time to work out; time to get big. Now I worry, I don't want to get too big; people will think I use steroids. I do use steroids. No I don't. Creatine. All I see is the weights now, I am almost downstairs when I hear "Do you want a cookie I just baked". I know I do not have time for this shit now. "No mom I do not want a cookie" I walk in the basement and drop to my knees before the weights, tears running down my cheeks. I turn to the right and look at myself in the mirror. Oh god, what have I done?
Gold: 5,284.73
Sep 29 2023 10:22am
Quote (Jaypee @ Sep 8 2023 03:52pm)
If you're buying anything else than creatine monohydrate, you're wasting your money tbh. It's the most studied and most cost effective, as well as most effective overall.

This
Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
Prev1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll