d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Hockey > Official Vancouver Canucks Fan Thread > We're All Canucks
Prev1848849850851852882Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 12,140.00
Jun 30 2023 07:59pm
Sounds like Bear won't be re-signed at all. From being included in that letter to the fans to not even qualified, lawl.

Never understood the Dermott trade to begin with. Getting rid of Hamonic and somehow getting a 3rd for him was a steal, then they threw it away lol.

Also sounds like we're going to sign several bottom-pair guys in Soucy, Cole and Holl. I don't mind any as long as the contracts aren't gross but we still need a real partner for Hughes.

This post was edited by LuLer on Jun 30 2023 07:59pm
Gold: 8,732.50
Jun 30 2023 09:51pm
I want Geekie or Suter for the center.

Schenn, Mayfield if avv isn't too bad.

Dali just reported that Canucks are interested in Comtois... I think Alvin is just trying to sign all wingers and turn them into D or something at this point.
Gold: 17,801.00
Jul 1 2023 11:21am
Quote (Secksii @ Jun 30 2023 07:51pm)
I want Geekie or Suter for the center.

Schenn, Mayfield if avv isn't too bad.

Dali just reported that Canucks are interested in Comtois... I think Alvin is just trying to sign all wingers and turn them into D or something at this point.

Let's take another reclamation project and pretend we are the Avalanche or Panthers lol.
Gold: 17,801.00
Jul 1 2023 11:24am
Quote (LuLer @ Jun 30 2023 05:59pm)
Sounds like Bear won't be re-signed at all. From being included in that letter to the fans to not even qualified, lawl.

Never understood the Dermott trade to begin with. Getting rid of Hamonic and somehow getting a 3rd for him was a steal, then they threw it away lol.

Also sounds like we're going to sign several bottom-pair guys in Soucy, Cole and Holl. I don't mind any as long as the contracts aren't gross but we still need a real partner for Hughes.

They might still try to grab Bear for cheaper after not qualifying him.

With a serious injury sustained you might be able to get him for really cheap.

Maybe he would take that as a slight though and have no interest in coming back.

Going to be a log jam for bottom pair defenseman. Some guys will have to step up and play top 4, and with Hughes like you said who really have no business doing so.
Jul 1 2023 01:44pm
Quote (Killingyouall @ 1 Jul 2023 10:24)
They might still try to grab Bear for cheaper after not qualifying him.

With a serious injury sustained you might be able to get him for really cheap.

Maybe he would take that as a slight though and have no interest in coming back.

Going to be a log jam for bottom pair defenseman. Some guys will have to step up and play top 4, and with Hughes like you said who really have no business doing so.

that was everyone's initial thought, but dahli reported that canucks and bear aren't even talking and chances of him coming back is slim.

I can only see him coming back, if he gets back from injury and talks to several teams and they all have a shitty offer for him (which i doubt), then he decides to circle back to stay in vancouver.

Cole is only 1 yr so im fine, hopefully soucy ain't another poolman/gud/hamonic etc. type of anchor contract.

This post was edited by Secksii on Jul 1 2023 01:45pm
Gold: 2,647.74
Jul 1 2023 07:51pm
Think Soucy and Cole are solid adds. But a lot of the success will hinge on whether Hronek can actually ice quality minutes over a full season.

Right now we're over the cap but compliant with Pearson/Poolman in LTIR. Don't like that Miller will be forced to go back to C and Hughes will probably have to rotate partners (needing Hronek to eat other minutes, Cole not being natural RHD, etc.). But the lineup isn't terrible - Myers may not be as terrible with limited minutes, depth looks pretty alright, team should not get caved in physically/in the PK as much. And maybe some fresh blood can surprise to provide some ELC impact (but won't pencil in anyone).

Kuz-Petey-Beau
Mikh-Miller-Boeser
Garland-Blueger-Hog
Joshua-Aman-Podz
Giuseppe/Dries

Hughes-Cole
Soucy-Hronek
Hirose/Wolanin/Juulsen-Myers
Hirose/Wolanin/Juulsen

Demko
Martin/Silovs

To add, with Myers mercifully off the books next season and either letting Beau walk or trading Garland should be plenty to handle Petey + Hronek extensions. Then Boeser will walk after 2024-25. The OEL buyout caphit won't fuck us much I don't think, unless Miller drops off hard.

This post was edited by Hizkuntza on Jul 1 2023 07:58pm
Jul 1 2023 10:16pm
Quote (Hizkuntza @ 1 Jul 2023 18:51)
Think Soucy and Cole are solid adds. But a lot of the success will hinge on whether Hronek can actually ice quality minutes over a full season.

Right now we're over the cap but compliant with Pearson/Poolman in LTIR. Don't like that Miller will be forced to go back to C and Hughes will probably have to rotate partners (needing Hronek to eat other minutes, Cole not being natural RHD, etc.). But the lineup isn't terrible - Myers may not be as terrible with limited minutes, depth looks pretty alright, team should not get caved in physically/in the PK as much. And maybe some fresh blood can surprise to provide some ELC impact (but won't pencil in anyone).

Kuz-Petey-Beau
Mikh-Miller-Boeser
Garland-Blueger-Hog
Joshua-Aman-Podz
Giuseppe/Dries

Hughes-Cole
Soucy-Hronek
Hirose/Wolanin/Juulsen-Myers
Hirose/Wolanin/Juulsen

Demko
Martin/Silovs

To add, with Myers mercifully off the books next season and either letting Beau walk or trading Garland should be plenty to handle Petey + Hronek extensions. Then Boeser will walk after 2024-25. The OEL buyout caphit won't fuck us much I don't think, unless Miller drops off hard.

I think they're gonna hold onto Beau. Jr and Alvin targeted him as a player coming back from horvat trade. He would be the logical player to trade when there was no takers for boeser or garland, but it seemed like they weren't even shopping him.

Miller looked fine as C under tocchets system. Makes it easy for these guys, they know exactly what they're suppose to do, opposed to Bruce's free flow system.

There's wayyyy too much wingers on this team now, I think the forward depth is actually Vegas level. At least alvin addressed some size and players than can play some pk. Pdg will most likely go ahl, but Tocchet loved him and he clicked with Miller. Probably get sent down or be scratched if he doesn't mesh or need to make room for Pearson/hoggy

Kuzemenko - Petey - mikheyev
Pdg - Miller - boeser
Beau - bleuger - podkolzin
Joshua - Aman - garland

Hoglander, dries, pearson

Hughes - soucy/cole
Cole/soucy - hronek
Hirose - myers

McWard, johansson

Demko
Silvos

This post was edited by Secksii on Jul 1 2023 10:18pm
Gold: 12,140.00
Jul 1 2023 10:29pm
Still a lot of work to do.

If the defense plays well, their ceiling is "just good". Better chance some of them stumble and it performs below average.

Bottom-6 is still sort of a mess.

I think the signings were good overall and make us better but we're still not close.
Jul 2 2023 01:49pm
Quote (LuLer @ 1 Jul 2023 21:29)
Still a lot of work to do.

If the defense plays well, their ceiling is "just good". Better chance some of them stumble and it performs below average.

Bottom-6 is still sort of a mess.

I think the signings were good overall and make us better but we're still not close.

definitely addressed 1 of the most glaring weakness from last season, players that are able to PK lol.

Gotta hope they mesh well and find chemistry quickly.

Hughes - Soucy/Cole
Soucy/Cole - Hronek
Hirose - Myers
Wolainin, Johansson, Juulsen, McWard for depth. Sadly our defense was so shit, this looks hell a lot better than last season.

This post was edited by Secksii on Jul 2 2023 01:50pm
Jul 2 2023 03:21pm
General Manager Patrik Allvin announced today that the Canucks have agreed to terms with defenceman Akito Hirose on a two-year contract.

The contract will be two-way in the first season (2023.24), and one-way in the second season (2024.25).

Contract breakdown from Cap Friendly:

$787,500 x 2 years (Cap Hit)

Breakdown: 23-24: $775k / $350k 24-25: $800k (one-way)

RFA qualifying offer: $840k

Fuck yeah, he looked great in the handful of games he played. I have high hopes for this guy. His calmness and composure reminded me so much of Tanev. Didn't seem like a nervous rookie at all, rather a vet that's been playing for years in the NHL, with Myers at that lmao.

This post was edited by Secksii on Jul 2 2023 03:22pm
Go Back To Hockey Topic List
Prev1848849850851852882Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll