d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo > Diablo 4 > D4 Discussion > D2r Vs D4
Prev12345641Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 72.50
Mar 21 2023 01:04pm
d2r is not perfect... please guys
d2r is fun for a while cause yeee new graphs
but its the same old shit without any real endgame (chaos runs isnt)
people we need to move on lol
d4 wont live for 20 years but hope itll be fun for a while\
surely playing the beta this weekend :)
Gold: 1,109.00
Mar 21 2023 01:42pm
D2R is near perfect and with continued updates it will remain the champion of the series.

why are you assuming that d4 isnt gonna get updated at all?
Blizzard has been on a heavy downhill since the release of hearthstone in terms of updating their buy-to-play games,
but recently they seem to be doing some shit right, d2r gets patches, wow expa is good, i think they might keep it up also with d4, which is in beta,
d2 and d4 have different appealing things, ill be playing seasons, d2, d4, path of exile at the moment are on my to do shit
Gold: 1,804.12
Mar 21 2023 01:59pm
Nobody that worked on D2R was developing Diablo 2 or LoD & Vv studios was not apart of Blizzard, this studio wanted to simply recreate D2/LOD into more modern graphics, they barely changed up much, but the character looks got a downgrade imo

That said, D2R was produced 20 years later using the exact same game, characters, skill, skilltree, monsters, bosses, levels, mercenaries, etc, etc.

From an outside perspective looking in, you can view classic graphics, an exact overlay.

It was only from this point on was there any changes, quality of life improvements, skill balancing, very small set of new runewords, later on terror zones, sundar charms etc, etc.

The whole truth and nothing but the truth: Blizzard Corp is about Pay 2 Win or Pay 2 Play, that's the bottomline right now as it stands, and there's nothing you're going to do to change that from their developer perspective.

The problem with their shareholder board and money over everything dates back about 20 years ago when all the talented creators left the company because this vision was a bad concept for the folks who loved gaming.

D-IV is perfect for Blizzard, very low skill demand to re-engineer a new version of Diablo series, just copy n paste code from D3, take renders from Immortal, look over at Diablo 2 and just ignore it, then release the game!

Gold: 8,013.34
Mar 21 2023 02:05pm
I think Activision and Blizzard should sell Diablo game name to other company, they can earn alot more money than making D5, and they can move to genre of mmorpg with some new game or whatever.
Gold: 0.00
Mar 21 2023 02:15pm
Quote (Fankytore @ Mar 21 2023 04:05pm)
I think Activision and Blizzard should sell Diablo game name to other company, they can earn alot more money than making D5, and they can move to genre of mmorpg with some new game or whatever.

One of your worst takes yet, and your takes are usually dumb as shit. Congrats.

Why would blizzard sell the Diablo brand? It just prints money.

There is not a single company out there with the resources to buy the Diablo brand that I would trust over blizzard to make a better game than Diablo 4. The diablo name is worth too much for a smaller company to buy it, and bigger company would just be as greedy, if not greedier than blizzard is.

And even if they somehow sold it to a smaller dev team with less resources, what makes you think that the game would be any good? There's been half a dozen arpgs released in the last 5-8 years and they've all been mediocre at best. Only exception is PoE and that has also been dogshit lately.
Mar 21 2023 02:35pm
Quote (XxMayonaisexX @ 21 Mar 2023 21:15)
One of your worst takes yet, and your takes are usually dumb as shit. Congrats.

Why would blizzard sell the Diablo brand? It just prints money.

There is not a single company out there with the resources to buy the Diablo brand that I would trust over blizzard to make a better game than Diablo 4. The diablo name is worth too much for a smaller company to buy it, and bigger company would just be as greedy, if not greedier than blizzard is.

And even if they somehow sold it to a smaller dev team with less resources, what makes you think that the game would be any good? There's been half a dozen arpgs released in the last 5-8 years and they've all been mediocre at best. Only exception is PoE and that has also been dogshit lately.

Elon Musk can buy Diablo game name, he is smart dude.
Gold: 2,100.00
Mar 21 2023 02:50pm
The thing with D2R now its all about the season start, after a week or two it seems that theres a big drop off and people just try to sell items for FG. Maybe with continued content patches that will change, but I feel that what it is now is what it's going to be.

With D4, the MMO aspect of it will have people continue to play beyond the new season shock factor. It will compete with PoE2, LE, and whatever other ARPG comes out.
Mar 21 2023 03:05pm
Quote (JR26 @ 21 Mar 2023 21:50)
The thing with D2R now its all about the season start, after a week or two it seems that theres a big drop off and people just try to sell items for FG. Maybe with continued content patches that will change, but I feel that what it is now is what it's going to be.

With D4, the MMO aspect of it will have people continue to play beyond the new season shock factor. It will compete with PoE2, LE, and whatever other ARPG comes out.

Why would mmorpg compete with arpg?
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 10%
Mar 21 2023 03:11pm
imagine releasing a 20 year old game ruined by botting scum (which half of you probably are) as "remastered" and then have the game ruined by botters. Kekw

Probably the same people lost in imaginationland where D2 PVP is worthy of being a sponsored e-sport LOL fucking disgusting, like 100 full loot pvp games out many of which are actually a lot of fun that involve more than 4 buttons and the reaction time of a 40 iq blind fat kid with diabetes

The level of obese unshowered neckbeards that continue to exist on these forums is staggering! the majority of you not buying D4 are either A) Retardedly poor and malnourished or B) Malnourished and retardedly poor. It's $70. If $70 to you is a lot of money, like when you go out (LOL I know most of you probably don't do this, but just hypothetically) and spend less than $70 in a night having an OK time, you probably live in some shithole midwestern state where the average household income is 40k a year, or some eastern european hellhole incapable of defending your country from a pack of feral cats. Or something similar.

If this game gave me 1 single hour of entertainment, I got my moneys worth (and it already has! beta was pretty fun, bought the $90 package without even reading what it gives me. An extra $10? Sure, basically the cost of a 5 minute uber ride). If you played this for an hour or more, and you felt that your $70 wasn't well spent, then perhaps life really is that bad that you need to come to an online computer game trading forum to shit on it for X Y or Z reasons. Diablo2 was great 20 years ago. If you're still playing that shit now then yeah, not sure what to say.

It's ok to let go of the past! It is! I promise you! Just let go! Move on! You can do it! I have faith in you! How do you tell someone your life is fucking shit, you're suicidal, no woman wants to be anywhere near you, your family doesn't even want you around, and your dick is the size of a thimble without actually saying that? Read threads like this on d2jsp. It's all over the place.
Mar 21 2023 03:17pm
Quote (underlord69 @ 21 Mar 2023 22:11)
imagine releasing a 20 year old game ruined by botting scum (which half of you probably are) as "remastered" and then have the game ruined by botters. Kekw

Probably the same people lost in imaginationland where D2 PVP is worthy of being a sponsored e-sport LOL fucking disgusting, like 100 full loot pvp games out many of which are actually a lot of fun that involve more than 4 buttons and the reaction time of a 40 iq blind fat kid with diabetes

The level of obese unshowered neckbeards that continue to exist on these forums is staggering! the majority of you not buying D4 are either A) Retardedly poor and malnourished or B) Malnourished and retardedly poor. It's $70. If $70 to you is a lot of money, like when you go out (LOL I know most of you probably don't do this, but just hypothetically) and spend less than $70 in a night having an OK time, you probably live in some shithole midwestern state where the average household income is 40k a year, or some eastern european hellhole incapable of defending your country from a pack of feral cats. Or something similar.

If this game gave me 1 single hour of entertainment, I got my moneys worth (and it already has! beta was pretty fun, bought the $90 package without even reading what it gives me. An extra $10? Sure, basically the cost of a 5 minute uber ride). If you played this for an hour or more, and you felt that your $70 wasn't well spent, then perhaps life really is that bad that you need to come to an online computer game trading forum to shit on it for X Y or Z reasons. Diablo2 was great 20 years ago. If you're still playing that shit now then yeah, not sure what to say.

It's ok to let go of the past! It is! I promise you! Just let go! Move on! You can do it! I have faith in you! How do you tell someone your life is fucking shit, you're suicidal, no woman wants to be anywhere near you, your family doesn't even want you around, and your dick is the size of a thimble without actually saying that? Read threads like this on d2jsp. It's all over the place.

I must admit you one thing, your nickname matches your text.

This post was edited by Fankytore on Mar 21 2023 03:19pm
Go Back To D4 Discussion Topic List
Prev12345641Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll