d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Florida's Surgeon General's Letter To Cdc And Fda
Prev1678910Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Jan 31 2024 10:32am
Quote (MildSambal @ Jan 31 2024 11:26am)
its an extrapolated interpretation primarily based on the book of Genesis and the Biblical genealogies that begin with Adam

this line of reasoning typically follow that lifeforms were created by supernatural acts between about 6k to 10k years ago

Young Earth creationists believe that the universe and everything in it was created in 6 literal days

Extrapolated and interpreted by whom?

Young earth creationists are heathens that commit blasphemy.
Gold: 50.00
Jan 31 2024 10:39am
Quote (zorzin @ Jan 31 2024 10:32am)
Extrapolated and interpreted by whom?

Young earth creationists are heathens that commit blasphemy.

by individuals and clergy, I believe this line of reasoning is a symptom of black and white fallacy. for some reason many people who are religious have an aversion to science and vice versa

I think there should be a harmony between science and religion, we should always try to derive the truth to the best of our ability

I was talking to TiStuff who clearly believes in a young Earth and I think he does so in a weird attempt to refute atheism
Warn: 20%
Jan 31 2024 02:04pm
Quote (MildSambal @ Jan 31 2024 08:02am)
I'm not an atheist, you say there are plenty of liars in the world but you don't categorize the founders of sects or clergy in that group?

i would call you a antitheist
plenty of liars to go around

Quote (MildSambal @ Jan 31 2024 08:26am)
its an extrapolated interpretation primarily based on the book of Genesis and the Biblical genealogies that begin with Adam

this line of reasoning typically follow that lifeforms were created by supernatural acts between about 6k to 10k years ago

Young Earth creationists believe that the universe and everything in it was created in 6 literal days

if its a simulation it could of literally been 'created a minute ago
Jan 31 2024 02:15pm
Quote (TiStuff @ Jan 31 2024 02:04pm)
i would call you a antitheist
plenty of liars to go around

if its a simulation it could of literally been 'created a minute ago

I believe in God and I believe in the divine station Christ held on Earth

once you understand that time is a limited resource and the clock is ticking away to your certain death, I hope you would stop wasting time on thought experiments such as "if we are in a simulation"
Jan 31 2024 02:23pm
Quote (MildSambal @ Jan 31 2024 12:15pm)
I believe in God and I believe in the divine station Christ held on Earth

once you understand that time is a limited resource and the clock is ticking away to your certain death, I hope you would stop wasting time on thought experiments such as "if we are in a simulation"

simulation hypothesis is straight from science. the problem with the place when they are honest has them baffled. through the advancement of science it turns out living systems have no explanation and that makes them supernatural by definition

Quote (MildSambal @ Jan 31 2024 08:39am)
by individuals and clergy, I believe this line of reasoning is a symptom of black and white fallacy. for some reason many people who are religious have an aversion to science and vice versa

I think there should be a harmony between science and religion, we should always try to derive the truth to the best of our ability

I was talking to TiStuff who clearly believes in a young Earth and I think he does so in a weird attempt to refute atheism

what i believe is the age of the place is unknowable
Jan 31 2024 02:42pm
Quote (TiStuff @ Jan 31 2024 02:23pm)
simulation hypothesis is straight from science. the problem with the place when they are honest has them baffled. through the advancement of science it turns out living systems have no explanation and that makes them supernatural by definition

what i believe is the age of the place is unknowable

so throw out carbon dating, radiometric dating, radiocarbon dating, isotopic data...

and at the same time believe in simulation hypothesis

:thumbsup: cool bro
Jan 31 2024 05:33pm
Quote (MildSambal @ Jan 31 2024 12:42pm)
so throw out carbon dating, radiometric dating, radiocarbon dating, isotopic data...

and at the same time believe in simulation hypothesis

:thumbsup: cool bro

all dating techniques rely on assumptions. original condition of the rock is impossible to know.
go bich at science bout simulation hypothesis if you dont like it i am unsympathetic
Jan 31 2024 05:35pm
Quote (TiStuff @ Jan 31 2024 05:33pm)
all dating techniques rely on assumptions. original condition of the rock is impossible to know.
go bich at science bout simulation hypothesis if you dont like it i am unsympathetic

lol yikes good luck to you
Jan 31 2024 05:50pm
Quote (MildSambal @ Jan 31 2024 03:35pm)
lol yikes good luck to you

you play pick and choose what parts of science you like. most of it if not all, if you go back far enough you will be staring presupposition(s)
................... so ya makes alot of it lies............. or just bad science.
when the light shines you can see the darkness and then you will realize everyone is faith based. the secret is though, scripture is honest about it
Jan 31 2024 06:03pm
Quote (TiStuff @ Jan 31 2024 05:50pm)
you play pick and choose what parts of science you like. most of it if not all, if you go back far enough you will be staring presupposition(s)
................... so ya makes alot of it lies............. or just bad science.
when the light shines you can see the darkness and then you will realize everyone is faith based. the secret is though, scripture is honest about it

the one picking and choosing science is you, look in a mirror

I sincerely believe you read scripture through an extremely biased lens and miss a lot of important context
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1678910Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll