d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > Ladder Slasher >
Poll > Guardian Innate Attribute Suggestion > Gonna Get The Hates, But, Whatever.
Prev1234569Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 1.93
Jul 14 2016 04:48pm
Quote (sp_patl @ Jul 14 2016 03:53am)
I still have - even surprising myself- voted yes ! Any buff to the guardian would be good. I actually think he should get more strengt and/or more dex for damage. That way hes still a great healer but can kill monsters easier in solo and support more in groups. On the other hand: its just a f***ng feeder

@ richboy : guardian is the best tanker ? Im not so sure about that . The only way is on maps with more melee mobs then casters. But for regular mazes a leather/scale is always better then a plate/chain therefore the best tanker is a barb/fighter/rogue/sami/pala/hh , then comes the guardian boy :) but its probably personal preference

keep em coming rex ! i failed on bold

You just int stack the guardian for mage defense.
Members++
Gold: 495,158.21
Trader: Trusted
Jul 14 2016 10:16pm
The only thing i would like to see happen to guardian is that it was given one dmg ability instead of healtank of whatever it is called.
There is no need to buff its abilities or healingpower, they are already good.

This post was edited by RistVaLL on Jul 14 2016 10:17pm
Gold: 62.93
Jul 14 2016 11:20pm
Quote (sp_patl @ Jul 13 2016 10:53am)
I still have - even surprising myself- voted yes ! Any buff to the guardian would be good. I actually think he should get more strengt and/or more dex for damage. That way hes still a great healer but can kill monsters easier in solo and support more in groups. On the other hand: its just a f***ng feeder

@ richboy : guardian is the best tanker ? Im not so sure about that . The only way is on maps with more melee mobs then casters. But for regular mazes a leather/scale is always better then a plate/chain therefore the best tanker is a barb/fighter/rogue/sami/pala/hh , then comes the guardian boy :) but its probably personal preference

keep em coming rex ! i failed on bold

wrong. you must be refering to a regular 55 intel build, it would be a waste stating into vit esp on a ee tank armor...stat a few into intel = best tanker/healer

if ur just talking about a regular 1-71 climb then ofc just use another melee char...all you would need is a higher ee club to stay matched with the other chars, which is easy due to price
Its not all about dps..its about how many smacks it takes to kill a monster...screw dps go by kills = faster lvling

example, we know a dagger would have better damage than a club and there both 90/10 ratio but a club can be better than a dagger.

If both were high ee and it normally takes 2 smacks to kill a monster with a (( CERTAIN EE dagger )), a club would be a different scenario
it would normally take 1-2 smacks...it arldy has a high chance of killing it in 2 swings..PLUS a high end hit will 1 shot the monster which is easy with dps gear

just so u know i know all about the defense on armors lol...it all depends how u stat your char for an armor ur using..if i have to get more specific il gladly keep em comin
Gold: 70,568.31
Jul 14 2016 11:43pm
Quote (richboy1991 @ 15 Jul 2016 06:20)
wrong. you must be refering to a regular 55 intel build, it would be a waste stating into vit esp on a ee tank armor...stat a few into intel = best tanker/ healer

if ur just talking about a regular 1-71 climb then ofc just use another melee char...all you would need is a higher ee club to stay matched with the other chars, which is easy due to price
Its not all about dps..its about how many smacks it takes to kill a monster...screw dps go by kills = faster lvling

example, we know a dagger would have better damage than a club and there both 90/10 ratio but a club can be better than a dagger.

If both were high ee and it normally takes 2 smacks to kill a monster with a (( CERTAIN EE dagger )), a club would be a different scenario
it would normally take 1-2 smacks...it arldy has a high chance of killing it in 2 swings..PLUS a high end hit will 1 shot the monster which is easy with dps gear

just so u know i know all about the defense on armors lol...it all depends how u stat your char for an armor ur using..if i have to get more specific il gladly keep em comin

i was asking about tanker, not about heals. You cannot compare tanker/healer vs a barb/fighter/pala/sami etc.. But i would love to see that calculation with a plate/chain vs a scale/leather as a TANKER. Your comment was about tanking :

Quote (richboy1991 @ 11 Jul 2016 18:06)
they are honestly over powered, there the best tanker...but not the highest defensive dps melee char, barb comes at top but is not more tanky than gaurd

This post was edited by sp_patl on Jul 14 2016 11:48pm
Jul 15 2016 01:57am
Quote (sp_patl @ Jul 14 2016 11:43pm)
i was asking about tanker, not about heals. You cannot compare tanker/healer vs a barb/fighter/pala/sami etc.. But i would love to see that calculation with a plate/chain vs a scale/leather as a TANKER. Your comment was about tanking :

i had a feeling u was guna say that, and i still stand by what i said....they still tank more than any char without heals...do i gota bring out the stats of ee armor with a few stats put in and compare?

/edit...its bugging me ima go ahead and do this simple math at the expense of my time

i can tell u 3 things...for a tanker with a heal chain> all armors even tho it has less defensive stats than scale...AND scale has less defensive stats than leather...so gime me some time for me to give a diagram

This post was edited by richboy1991 on Jul 15 2016 02:08am
Jul 15 2016 06:07am
Here we go...these are not the real defenses because LS has a difficult calc going on and its not correct..so i have to deduct a few to get as good as its guna get on the armors.

THESE are with 150ee armors. aka average

BARB.. with 20 VIT added = 80 VIT

......................LEATHER..............SCALE..............CHAIN
PHYSICAL DEF.....61 - 175.............61 - 245............122 - 305
MAGICAL DEF.....35 - 143..............35 - 108..............0 - 71

Now i know this is unthinkable to do but we are going to add both min and max phy/mag def to give a better idea instead of average for both, bc thats to simple.

LEATHER = 414 DEF STATS....this will have more stats than both armors on a hybrid, but its still a piece of shit
.SCALE = 449 DEF STATS....even if this was 390 stats its still better than the leather and il explain later.
.CHAIN = 498 DEF STATS....thats weird huh? high vit stacks on the phy def. ofc...even if u take 50 stats from PHY def and add 10 max magical def it will stomp leather and is on par with scale.

====================================================================

PALLY..with 20 INTEL added = 40 INT....we can alrdy see this is a better tanker...not per level, but as defensive :/....but u want to make a hybrid OFC.
40 INTEL is perfect for a 160+ EE heal without the need in EE armor if you have a high salvation...ANY heal lower...ur guna want a EE armor.
so pretty much the whole time ul have 40+% damage bonus from a stat armor (this is IF u have a weapon that can mow down till theres 1-2 monsters left)

......................LEATHER..............SCALE.............CHAIN
PHYSICAL DEF.....52 - 158..............52 - 210..........106 - 266
MAGICAL DEF......48 - 190..............48 - 145............0 - 92

LEATHER = 448 DEF STATS
.SCALE = 455 DEF STATS
.CHAIN = 464 DEF STATS.....now this is much better :/ .....there is no point in stacking HIGH vit for a heavy armor.

=====================================================================

GUARD with 20 INTEL added = 75 INTEL....now this build doesnt even require a 160+ ee heal....u can use a lower one.

.....................LEATHER.............SCALE..............CHAIN
PHYSICAL DEF....52 - 158............52 - 210............106 - 266
MAGICAL DEF.....59 - 236...........59 - 177...............0 - 115

LEATHER = 505
..SCALE = 498
..CHAIN = 487

YES i know he can only use heavy armors. this is stats

fuck not finished, my dumbass clicked enter :(

This post was edited by richboy1991 on Jul 15 2016 06:29am
Jul 15 2016 08:18am
OK now i will slap on a 180-185 EE chain on a gaurd, which costs about the same as a 150ee leather/scale...il use 185 ee

PHYSICAL DEF = 117 - 300
MAGICAL DEF = 0 - 115....TOTAL 532

Now going back to why a certain armor is better than another...look at the stat allocation....it doesnt matter what char u use MUCH as long as you know what abilities you want.

LEATHER...the reason its not good...USUALY ur vit is higher making it average out with magical defense...that means you take normal damage on both and thats bad :/
Even a 200 ee leather is shit past level 80 with a crappy setup. you would have to sit there solo, heal urself and take (full damage) as ur charges stack

SCALE....all chars have higher vit, stacking defense much higher..that means u take alot less physical and a tiny bit more magical attacks.
Just adding a few into vit u can take 50% less physical damage....your ass is guna feel a crit from a monster (both phy and mag) wearing leather.... its alot lower with a scale.

CHAIN....chain only beats a scale IF you do add some into intel...but if u can get a chain thats 20+% higher ee than a scale...get it if u just on pally class and under. its better.

Heres somthing alot of people might not know about, but HEAVY can ignore magical damage...at lower levels using a plain chain UR level u can battle a monster using a ice OR earth
It is very common taking 0 damage from them...but as u climb the levels it changes, not by much.. but alot with a plate. This means heavy armors alrdy ignore some mag dmg.
It works at higher levels but it fades. A plate at level 60+ is pretty much useless, you might aswell use a leather....the physical defense is over kill and the mag def is non existant
If u had to chose over 50+ strength vs. a 150+ee plate....go for the stat armor....in a group theres guna be a healer, cuz u are not guna sit in front and tank with a plate that low.
In solo OR group, hybrid will ofc work with stat and EE plate just fine...but if u can easily heal urself go with the stat armor
u will still feel magical attacks and the physical def is so high ur charges dont charge up faster than they should.
Killing a 3+ monster pack 50% faster with a stat plate is better...ul take less damage than using the EE plate..build ur charges up from 1 monster.

A EE padded robe> a plate on a hybrid... that is for melee only tho...because the vit is higher than the intel.
just like a plain robe on a caster is useless, the mag def is over kill due to 200+ intel and you barely stat any into vit. that is why padded is much better, u take half the damage.

ANOTHER thing not many know...why is a 3+ monster pack hard solo and 2 man? hah...yall think its normal...no its not...the first few seconds seems fine...
Then they start hitting harder and critting more often...when ur taking 3 hits a second solo, crits land more easily
Just think about 3 EPS....ur ass nearly killed 1, but u had to town to regen real fast...u go back in there and get wrecked. You towned even faster.

The best DPS tanker is a BARB...using salvation, retribution AND heal rage, they all 3 trigger as you heal urself for higher charges. (very good solo) (very good group ep killer)

The best TANKER dps is a gaurd...salvation % is much higher and require less points, put them into w/e skill u want after that = more damage

The second highest dps tanker is a samurai using a sword...the sword itself does more damage than a dagger...50 dex stats add over 12% more damage
Making him have over 55 strength and a ton more crit chance.

Next is fighter He is on par with sammy but has better abilities, but is better in a 3 man group....if u honestly gota ask...go ahead

Then you have last place...pally with horrible abilities as a tanker...he will take frequent hits and can only charge his abilities on ATTACK

Lastly dont try to say this and that, by saying u can use 1 of the 3 of this char over that 1...dont you think i alrdy know? :/

This post was edited by richboy1991 on Jul 15 2016 08:20am
Gold: 248,598.85
Jul 15 2016 08:51am
Not going to quote that because it is a bunch of garbage, but all of your calculations are wrong and those posts actually make science and math look like the ramblings of a voodoo doctor.
Gold: 1,470.74
Jul 15 2016 09:05am
Quote (harmacintyre @ Jul 15 2016 09:51am)
Not going to quote that because it is a bunch of garbage, but all of your calculations are wrong and those posts actually make science and math look like the ramblings of a voodoo doctor.

We assumed Rex had been castrated at birth but it seems that was not the case and he's procreated.
Gold: 138,170.53
Trader: Trusted
Jul 15 2016 09:36am
Quote (richboy1991 @ 15 Jul 2016 15:18)

I) PHYSICAL DEF = 117 - 300
MAGICAL DEF = 0 - 115....TOTAL 532

II) A EE padded robe> a plate on a hybrid... that is for melee only tho...because the vit is higher than the intel.
just like a plain robe on a caster is useless, the mag def is over kill due to 200+ intel and you barely stat any into vit. that is why padded is much better, u take half the damage.

III)
The second highest dps tanker is a samurai using a sword...the sword itself does more damage than a dagger...50 dex stats add over 12% more damage
Making him have over 55 strength and a ton more crit chance.

I) you cant compare any armors by comparing the total stats added together.

1 example:
(lets just compare phys def to make the example easier)

armor A:
phys def = 0-100
(total 100)

armor B:
phys def = 50-50
(total 100)

lets assume the monster is doing 50 dmg all the time.
armor A will take zero dmg 50% of the hits (if armor value is 51-100)
and take an avrg of 25 dmg in the other 50% of the hits (if the armor value is 0-50)
so avrg dmg taken will be about 12,5

armor B will take zero dmg all the time.
armor B will clearly win even though the total def of 100 is the same like armor A.

II) double melee defence doesnt mean that you only take half of the dmg..
another example:
monster doing 300 dmg.

5 defence vs 10 defence

295 vs 290 dmg taken.. thats almost the same, not that much of a difference.

III) swords dont do more dmg than dagger. swords crit more but dagger scale more dmg with dex than swords do with str. thats the reason why swords crit more often.

IV) heal rage is bad.. if you really profit from that ability you are doing something wrong :rolleyes:
Go Back To Ladder Slasher Topic List
Prev1234569Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll