d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > Ladder Slasher >
Poll > Guardian Innate Attribute Suggestion > Gonna Get The Hates, But, Whatever.
Prev12349Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 399.66
Jul 11 2016 11:38am
Quote (RistVaLL @ 11 Jul 2016 18:59)
Better idea would be to remove guardian from the game completly! and overhaul all the other abilities for all chars instead.

Voted yes to this
Gold: 338.32
Trader: Trusted
Jul 11 2016 12:24pm
Quote (RistVaLL @ Jul 11 2016 10:59am)
Better idea would be to remove guardian from the game completly! and overhaul all the other abilities for all chars instead.

I agree with this. The ONLY time I've seen a guardian beneficial at all is when used as tank/healer in a mirror maze but even then if you have good enough gear and the right classes you can do those duties with other characters.
Gold: 62.93
Jul 11 2016 12:31pm
Quote (Instrument @ Jul 11 2016 12:24pm)
I agree with this. The ONLY time I've seen a guardian beneficial at all is when used as tank/healer in a mirror maze but even then if you have good enough gear and the right classes you can do those duties with other characters.

note u said good gear, why take him out? an average person can rock that build
Gold: 1.00
Jul 11 2016 01:06pm
This post is a violation of the site rules and appropriate action was taken.

Any changes to this game would be good,
it'd be nice to see a update that overhauls this pile of shit game, that the developer has no interest in.

last real update Dec 1 2014 11:54am

???????????????????????????????????????????????????

This post was edited by ekoe on Jul 11 2016 01:07pm
Gold: 338.32
Jul 11 2016 01:28pm
Quote (richboy1991 @ Jul 11 2016 12:31pm)
note u said good gear, why take him out? an average person can rock that build

Mirror maze isn't an easy thing just because you have a guardian as tank/healer. What I was suggesting with my post is that if your gear is good enough you are better to use a caster as main healer that actually does dps also. Make no mistake bad gear in a mirror maze is a high chance to fail regardless.
Gold: 7,863.56
Jul 11 2016 02:09pm
The biggest issue that involves the Guardian is the fact that nothing in his feeder repertoire realistically prepares him for a pass to Samurai.
It is the most dead-ended feeder char we have.

Using him in Mirror Maze attempt is about the only viable use for this class, but a Paladin can do as well if not better as tank/healer/dmg

Before you start ranting at the MM comment, I suggest you try it yourself, and see how it works out for you.

Members++
Gold: 495,158.21
Jul 11 2016 02:14pm
Quote (ekoe @ 11 Jul 2016 21:06)
Any changes to this game would be good,
it'd be nice to see a update that overhauls this pile of shit game, that the developer has no interest in.

last real update Dec 1 2014 11:54am

???????????????????????????????????????????????????

I agree with "any, changes are good"

BUT, this would be on the bottom of that list, there is so much other more important stuff to fix than guardian abi lol ^^
Gold: 62.93
Jul 11 2016 02:33pm
no comment, as i left yall guessin..ima goofy lookin MF with bad rhymes...i said nothing more
Gold: 6,376.70
Jul 11 2016 08:44pm
Quote (izParagonzi @ Jul 11 2016 04:13am)
Long story short... you were the first to say Guardian sucks in a group when you have a caster/healer... get over it... don't think I played for 5 mins before posting, I thought of this when Heal Mastery got nerfed.
You are fickle and definately live upto your jsp name... grow a braincell.

To be honest, I never expected any of the current players to agree, they have gear and stick with the norm and don't like change... hey... stick with what you know and like... you will grow as you have in life... nothing special... JUST like me right? At the end of the day over the years I have played, I laugh at all quoted above suggesting things I have stated since 1.15, you all said my ideas were shit, yet you bring up those same suggestions to this day [7-8 years later]... oh, and you all talk shit behind my back thinking I am a fucking idiot... damn... that is so fucking moronic.

You are so full of shit. First, quote me where I indicate Guardian sucks in a group? If your group dynamic needs a dedicated healer and tank, and you can not die (such as in hardcore or in MM) guardian is BEST in group. When guardian was released, solo arena was still king, and guardian was shit for solo by comparison to other classes, because guardian is designed for the group meta. Once again, you play nothing but guardian and want to bitch incessantly about guardian when it's a badass class for what it's designed to do. You simply want it to be able to do things it's not designed for, rather than playing classes that already fit your needs. You should perhaps take a hard look in the mirror before calling anyone fickle or talking about the need to grow braincells. You seem to have lost all yours in your bourbon bottle.

And who's talking behind your back? It's easy enough to see your suggestions in this forum. There have been so many suggestions from you it's crazy. Yet you play a very limited and singular style, and 95% of your suggestions would benefit nobody but yourself, or would break feeder classes as they are currently set up. You go a year and a half without playing, come back, and by the time you get to level 5 (about 5 minutes, maybe less, even for a noob) you're demanding that your choice of class be buffed and given innate abilities that would make it better than any other melee class in the game.

If you're so unhappy, switch to fighter. When you do, tell us about your joys in healing. Guardian is not a caster. It's a melee tank with exceptional healing abilities. If you don't understand that, you probably suck at role playing games.

And nobody has accused you of being a fucking idiot. We've simply pointed out that 95% of your suggestions are fucking idiotic. And we aren't going behind your back to do it, nor are we claiming you said shit you didn't say.

Go home Rex, you're drunk.

Edit:
Quote (RiNGiSpiLeR @ Jul 11 2016 04:35am)
[x] Developing Guardian: NO ; increasing the Heal Mastery effectiveness: YES

Funny enough, increasing HM effectiveness would bring back the fighter tank/healer build I used to run. The HM nerf destroyed the build theory and made guardian the only melee feeder worthwhile to run as a healer.

This post was edited by InsaneBobb on Jul 11 2016 08:56pm
Gold: 30,363.04
Jul 12 2016 12:08pm
Quote (RistVaLL @ 11 Jul 2016 18:59)

fixed^^

It would already help to shift the stats a bit. abilities are fine for healing imo whilethe equip is a bit too much constrained and 2handed weapons dont work that well with charging on weapon hit...

This post was edited by derDrops on Jul 12 2016 12:09pm
Go Back To Ladder Slasher Topic List
Prev12349Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll