d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > Ladder Slasher >
Poll > Guardian Innate Attribute Suggestion > Gonna Get The Hates, But, Whatever.
Prev1789
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 0.00
Sep 10 2016 08:55am
Voted null because I don't care either way

Guardian is already strong healer and tank
With right gear it's an easy class
It's what all my feeder class chars are
Gold: 8,743.93
Sep 10 2016 03:07pm
Quote (InsaneBobb @ Sep 11 2016 03:39am)
Correct me if I'm wrong, but can't guardians use clubs? Seems to me there are a metric fuckton of clubs, both caster/healer based and EE, as well as hybrids of the two. Why is it that it'd require heavy weapons?

Again, you want a character that is an amazing healer and tank, with the potential to lay out a large amount of melee damage, while not being limited by mana like a caster is (especially when soloing). And you want it not only to have all the pros of a caster and none of the cons, but you want it to have a 25% buff as compared to casters, not to mention all other healers (such as paladin). That really doesn't make sense. Guardian fits the dynamic it was designed for quite well. If you don't like it, why do you play it?

Well... damn comparing a club against charms for damage. Mana consumption, sheesh... is that really a problem in this game, so a mage/lock uses mana for attacking, who cares, if you notice, casting has a higher rate of Critical strikes compared to any other attacks.

Casters could have an innate 10% increase to damage for a charm, there were other ideas like Samurai with innate 25% damage increase when using Longswords, Paladin/Headhunter innate 25% increase of damage when using Battleaxe, as for Monk/Ninja, then 25% increase when using Spears... again these were ideas I would have eventually posted, again people would most likely disagree with them since it doesn't go into more detail, but that is the norm.

Guardian is still decent, but it lost its edge in comparison to Mages/Warlocks and even Paladins when it comes to healing in a party and contributing dps.
Gold: 6,376.70
Sep 10 2016 07:03pm
Quote (izParagonzi @ Sep 10 2016 02:07pm)
Well... damn comparing a club against charms for damage. Mana consumption, sheesh... is that really a problem in this game, so a mage/lock uses mana for attacking, who cares, if you notice, casting has a higher rate of Critical strikes compared to any other attacks.

Casters could have an innate 10% increase to damage for a charm, there were other ideas like Samurai with innate 25% damage increase when using Longswords, Paladin/Headhunter innate 25% increase of damage when using Battleaxe, as for Monk/Ninja, then 25% increase when using Spears... again these were ideas I would have eventually posted, again people would most likely disagree with them since it doesn't go into more detail, but that is the norm.

Guardian is still decent, but it lost its edge in comparison to Mages/Warlocks and even Paladins when it comes to healing in a party and contributing dps.

Guardian is NOT a caster. It's a melee class with healing capabilities. YOU are the person who's trying to compare it for abilities. On my Ninja, I will do less damage than any decently geared warlock, and most decently geared mages. However, I will never have to worry about mana. There's also no way I could outheal them. Nor, for that matter, am I ever going to be a better tank. My ninja has NO edge except that it doesn't have to regen mana. The idea that due to it's abilities, the guardian ALREADY has the edge on mage/warlock/alchemist when it comes to healing, it already has the edge over mage, warlock, alch, monk, AND ninja when it comes to tanking, and it's still entirely possible to manage a large amount of damage with the right gear, and you want MORE? That's a joke. And the idea that you'd want to give guardian a 25% increase on it's already OP healing ability, casters only a 10% increase on their already OP casting damage, but then you'd only want to give melee classes heavy weapon damage increases, not regular, when heavy weapons leave you vulnerable to stun mobs, movement mobs, and charge your abilities at a much slower rate, costing a TON of kill speed, is laughable. You're literally requesting that guardians, a healtank-based feeder, be turned into the best class in the game.

Also, you talk about mages/warlocks in terms of weapons. Um, guardian has SIX weapon types it can use. Mage can use what, 2? Warlock 1? We could talk about Alchemist as well, and it seems to me guardian has it quite good. In fact, guardian, barb, fighter, and rogue are AMAZING when it comes to weapon selection. This topic is literally nothing more than, "Make my class best!"
Go Back To Ladder Slasher Topic List
Prev1789
Add Reply New Topic New Poll