d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > Ladder Slasher >
Poll > Guardian Innate Attribute Suggestion > Gonna Get The Hates, But, Whatever.
Prev16789Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 7,863.56
Jul 17 2016 10:57pm
Quote (izParagonzi @ Jul 11 2016 04:58am)
Guardian Innate Attribute = 25% Enhanced Healing Capacity [above caps]

Basically if a heal charm is placed in the ACC slot, the -25% penalty is negated.
Basically if a heal charm is placed in the Main slot, it increases the heal capacity by 25%

People will say this is OP, it isn't:

1. Guardian is the crapiest character for people to use.
2. Heal Mastery got shit on, so it is basically redundant.
3. Guardian can NOT deal damage like a caster, but can only heal as well.
4. Guardian equipment is EXTREMELY diminished.
5. The drop rates of two(2) handed weapons is extremelly rare.

The game has evolved, the higher level you go, the more damage and life the monsters have, yet, the healing capacity has dropped, and since a Guardian only uses Clubs and two(2) handed weapons and only healing charms, there is no comparison to a mage who kills faster and easier, and can heal the same.

This is the original topic input.

Stay on topic, please, and never mind walls of text stressing immaterial issues, and matters not related to original subject matter.
Gold: 62.93
Jul 18 2016 03:19am
Quote (InsaneBobb @ Jul 17 2016 09:00pm)
I'm glad some random with 14 career guild points can teach me how to play. Thank you so much! Who knew that after 768 MQs I'd be so ignorant.

AKA, I have the gear, I've tested it. Everyone else telling you you're an idiot has the gear, they've tested it. You don't know what the hell you're talking about. So stfu, Rex II. :)

ok now this is what im talking about..i didnt direct anything like you did and these other people are doing. to a specific person (an attack)
..like ur doing, and it has no restraint? completly abused power...
yes ur ignorant...u just showed that by comparing my LS stature with knowledge...thats like saying kids cant go to college.
ur sarcasm...you take it so lightly but defeated the purpose of everything u said when u directed it to someone, tells me u dont take things srsly when u and these people are the problem
What turned out to be all our opinions (doesnt matter what we say if its relevant to the thread) yall turned it into an attack and made it personal

on topic

this is a new slasher trying out a gaurdian at level 55

120 EE club...40 str chain...40 str charm...120 EE regular heal

gaurdians stats...30/10/55/55 take ur 10 stats add it into intel...take 10 stats when u level add it into intel = 75 intel...the rest of the stats go into str

Abilities go 65% salvation and rest into retribution (solo - 2 man)

str is at 155

weapon damage 150-660...retribution damage when at 120% charge = 500 - 2550 damage

lvl 55 chain stats
physical defense 42 - 106
magical defense...0 - 48

regular heal 160 - 420...heals 550 - 1600 when ur salv charge % is at 120%...this is with 25% reduced

that person can go 55 - 71 with no problems and out speed any other class due to self heals. levels 55 he wont even town if he knows what hes doing (eps not included)
A person who doesnt stat intel would be left in the dust...if they just pure stat with a few into vit they will town sOooO many times.
A char with much higher stats using the club would not have that much significant dmg over that as its 120ee

hey papa how about you tell me who suspended me again 2 times for nothing i said was irrelevant? and the other day in my own post
99% u aint guna say..u dont have to its ur duty...but the way u handle things, is not a + for me.
they should also temp ban, these personal attacks on people like me and rex. we didnt do personal attacks like these guys are.

i got suspended for flaming.

Wrong description sorry, should have been considered spam..but doesnt matter same thing, just shows that person is taking sides with people who likes to start trouble

abuse ur power while keeping me from this site over nothing...shows you dont care that the person wasted time saying his own opinion spent a long time doing math giving HELPFUL INFO
and did it with no remorse..there having fun honestly...just waited for me to say somthing and even planned it out....not even 5 mins after my post.
U can overlook it if u wanted to...but no just aggravate the person being temped bc most of the time (people dont know.)

i narrowed it down to 2 suspects (higher ups) and u alrdy know what i think of you...if this happens again im reporting it. The other suspect isnt even in mind rly.
go ahead whoever il take another suspension and possibly a warn, i did nothing wrong and added a little about myself that was off topic
trying to give myself a better image...while these guys including urself speak with nothing to hold back
You can type like 2,000 words of free will while adding info reguarding the POST...like most in here..
suspended for flaming...meaning profanity and insults...hm where is this located on my last post?...nope just read what he thought was good enough and bam
((Specifically, you violated Rule #1: No flaming, insults, racism, degrading content, bullying, intimidation, harassment, or threats.
Any further violations will result in more actions taken against your account. Thanks for your attention and resolution of this issue. ))

That would mean ur guilty and everyone else is...if it was spam... half this post is spam including urs
When i do recieve another temp..il see if i can talk to someone...doesnt matter if i win or not...its what yall do and what people see, cuz i wont keep it a secret
question is u cant be 100% certain this wont be looked into...and i have nothing to lose

u say @ richboy1991 Your supplier is selling you bad stuff...this was unprofessional and had different meanings
It can be read as
I bought essences i apparently wasted my hard earned fg on. which is smart...i knew this day would come (didnt temp me for this)
..the muteables i buy for the essences...or u just being funny and making it sound like some1 selling me dope, if i said that to you u wouldnt be to happy either.
saw me typing the post before i posted it, encouraged more drama and was rdy to temp, u dont take this srsly at all (papa)

earlier in the post you directed this to someone...pretty sure its me...Before you start ranting at the MM comment, I suggest you try it yourself, and see how it works out for you.
that was directed to someone who u thought u was guna talk...not even wanting to hear what the person has to say...try mm urself? like i couldnt do MM...
If u was still trusted and in my shoes, u think i should say that to someone? No, u cant stop some1's opinion to the topic.

this is you..with ideas people had and u have somthing that is hard to decipher/not helpful and dragging the person down.

RiNGiSpiLeRs thread

http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=74587259&f=272

you and ringi might be good buddies and all, but why bring up rex? joke or not...if he didnt like it...then i guess u dont care

this is what u said.....Rex clone?

whoever created this phrase.. making this little joke thats guna carry out as long as we can remember, and it aint right. yall take him as a jester like he aint serious

rex defends himself without even personal attacking yall and yall are even worse...toying with him, bc u play games
If the flame rule applied to this, if i reported it in his defense then what happens?

Wow -- I say 2 words, and get a full paragraph in response.....THIS is how u anticipate me and ur not guna come fourth and admit it....u use Psychology/least words as possible

I must be special. :P...(( do yall even get along? ive seen some bumpy roads with yall ))

Hasteful's thread

http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=73470319&f=272

u said ...Are you taking over because Rex apparently stopped making suggestions??...u said suggestions...thats like opinions...which i get temp over people doing the same thing

harmacintyre...thread

http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=74699972&f=272

u said
These recommendations, if implemented, would have a similarity to swatting mosquitoes with a sledge hammer.
With the solo player being the mosquito

we know this game is dieng down every 6 months..why wouldnt it makes sense to do this? Truthfully what does this mean?
theres guna be alot of solo later on and u pretend like it wont...or just take the quests out when it happens

My thread of an idea i had that had nothing to do with race class..as melee chars can even use magical elemental charms, its not completly absurd as it sounds
3 keys and gear was not the point of the build...its getting a char that can also be a caster or melee but limited.

http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=74575887&f=272

this is what u said
Oh and another point: Try to have more than 187K kills on any 1 char before you make plans about higher classes
Honeslty, what is the meaning of this? it aint specific enough...that has nothing to do about what u said, or even if the class was after alchemist

Like i didnt know what was going on and the gear i had, caster gear/gaurd gear/other gear didnt even matter...i had the gear to make it to HH.

Theres another thread not sure where..i was sure it was in that thread..the post was prob taken down along with urs..u directed some bad mannered comments to me for no reason
And i said either ur drunk, or i dont know ur personality that well..when every1 knows u drink...im sure u remember that...i would like to see it agin

This is partyplanners post in celebration for you

http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=74459638&f=272

You said

I LIKE it!!

Need a sign: No pee in pool or Papa goes into rage mode :)

this wasnt closed till hours later...but you kept it open for 5 hours before someone closed it.
This represents authority u have, for someone else who doesnt have the rights if it was for someone else. esp me.

Zoocoo made this thread

http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=74323631&f=272

u said... Log in, press F and see if any games are up. NN ask in here.

was nothing wrong with this, but he didnt do anything wrong either, he could have posted in catacombs....this is more relevant than the thread before this
instead of telling him another option..he could have guessed to do that...u did not encourage him, u did not say we want as many slashers as we can get, come aboard
That would have been a good job on ur part.

Now after i got un suspended u post 2 hours later while i sat here typing this when i got un tempd in this thread and you say keep this on topic.(second time he did this)
Knowing i had somthing to say...never mind walls of texts? huh, just tossed that like a salad...both times i sat here and he can see if i was about to reply.

alot of people are guna defend you...well bc its u, u think any1 can say what they want to people without them saying it back,...no i dont hold back whats on my mind
im to honest of a person to just sit here and take anything you or anyone says
without me coming back and saying something the same degree because all of that was spam/flame...just like u did before this thread all them other times on ME and other people
...was illegitimate

alot im talking about is off topic, but was made relevant to abused power...its u that temp bans me/closes threads as u please
you chose to temp ban me, like its a timeout or somthing when u and everyone else is doing the same thing without a penalty.

I can keep this up bc i have the right...doesnt make sense for some1 to get flame suspended after commenting what was said, when it should have been prevented in the first place
You did not throw a caution out and say...if this keeps up u will be temp banned the first flame comment posted. As it is completly off topic and is not inforced
I suffered and noone else...im glad this happened, thats what i think.
Gold: 6,376.70
Jul 18 2016 08:27am
Quote (richboy1991 @ Jul 18 2016 02:19am)
worthless wall of text truncated

Let me give a summary of what you just said:

1. You got suspended twice for flaming, aka personal attacks.
2. You're butthurt because you got called on it.
3. Now you're personally attacking Rick for doing his job.
4. You think guardians are the strongest feeder.

Good. We now know where you're coming from. To sum it up, you are a selfish guardian lover hypocrite. Great times! So, vote nay to the poll, since you seem to think guardians are already overpowered as it is, and stop trying to take this horrible suggestion topic off topic while making it all about you.

*Note: Perhaps if you actually played the game, rather than authoring walls of text that are inaccurate, self-pitying, and poorly written, you might have an actual clue about the game, rather than nothing but factually inaccurate theory.

And I must apologize to Rex. He's nowhere near as bad as you.
Jul 18 2016 09:43am
did not say guard was the strongest, i said in first post they are the best tanker
while solo or in group with the gear i provided they are 1 of the best choices...people dont have to do anything yall say for a dps char
if they want a descent char that wont get run over like most of these builds with avg gear build up a gaurd smarter and cheaper investment
Jul 18 2016 10:06am
Quote (richboy1991 @ Jul 18 2016 08:43am)
did not say guard was the strongest, i said in first post they are the best tanker
while solo or in group with the gear i provided they are 1 of the best choices...people dont have to do anything yall say for a dps char
if they want a descent char that wont get run over like most of these builds with avg gear build up a gaurd smarter and cheaper investment

Ah, a nice, concise, semi on-topic post. Good, I'd like to address it by first stating: You are correct! Nobody is required to do what they're asked. However, no group is required to accept somebody into their game.

Much of the advice given on high dps characters is based on fast climb speeds, and based around doing an MQ within a specific timeframe, so you can run through an entire climb in one sitting, rather than a few levels here, a few there. Occasionally, there will be a need for a tank, or a need for a healer, or a need for both. At those times, guardians, even the sub-par variety, may well help a climb. However, your build theory is not a "power build" nor will it "out speed" anyone, as you put it. The ability to heal yourself is awesome, but every mob taking lots of hits is not. Thus, while guardian can be just fine for a relaxed solo, for group, you'd likely be passed over for one of the standard "dps chars" you mention.

However, the more interesting point in your post is that it shows pretty clearly that the nature of this suggestion is unneeded, correct? You are stating, firmly and clearly, that even with lower end, cheaper gear, they can heal themselves perfectly well and still manage to kill, while maintaining a manageable climb rate. Thus, it seems to me, that the idea of buffing the heals an additional 25% would be a "fix" that wouldn't actually fix anything at all, right?
Gold: 248,598.85
Jul 18 2016 11:12am
I think the best way to settle this is to bring back PVP so that the guardian players can either crush or BE CRUSHED
Jul 18 2016 01:25pm
Quote (InsaneBobb @ Jul 18 2016 10:06am)
Ah, a nice, concise, semi on-topic post. Good, I'd like to address it by first stating: You are correct! Nobody is required to do what they're asked. However, no group is required to accept somebody into their game.

Much of the advice given on high dps characters is based on fast climb speeds, and based around doing an MQ within a specific timeframe, so you can run through an entire climb in one sitting, rather than a few levels here, a few there. Occasionally, there will be a need for a tank, or a need for a healer, or a need for both. At those times, guardians, even the sub-par variety, may well help a climb. However, your build theory is not a "power build" nor will it "out speed" anyone, as you put it. The ability to heal yourself is awesome, but every mob taking lots of hits is not. Thus, while guardian can be just fine for a relaxed solo, for group, you'd likely be passed over for one of the standard "dps chars" you mention.

However, the more interesting point in your post is that it shows pretty clearly that the nature of this suggestion is unneeded, correct? You are stating, firmly and clearly, that even with lower end, cheaper gear, they can heal themselves perfectly well and still manage to kill, while maintaining a manageable climb rate. Thus, it seems to me, that the idea of buffing the heals an additional 25% would be a "fix" that wouldn't actually fix anything at all, right?

quote..However, no group is required to accept somebody into their game....Most of the good groups dont even slash with new LS chars
u said there is not a requirement, (ME) its simply if u want a healer/tanker or not...same thing u said

If i had a group going with no healer, and i had to chose a melee class with 150ee gear vs a guard with a 120 ee gear and stat armor
i would like the guard on my team, this would work better for abilities on other chars that charges when hit..and a good healer (even on attack if the team can last longer)
the guard with 75 intel would have just the right amount of mana required to heal most of the people...without losing much damage.
The guard doesnt need another ability, if the team was struggling onward to 71 he can simply put all points into salv which will now easily heal the guard and another person
(class with robes) or some1 who needs a high heal
.../EDIT Going from 55 to 75 intel, increased his mana pool by alot and heals...and increased magical defense
that is how much mana you would need with no EE armor with a 120ee heal...There is no need in tank armor if u can get more stats in...the stats have to be high enough tho
If he didnt need extra heals/mana, then yes thats wasted stats vs damage...everything i posted was on topic before it was set to a trap ofc.

Quote..However, your build theory is not a "power build" nor will it "out speed" anyone.
If it was group OR solo yes it would outspeed any class who aint healing/hybrid..the team will last longer. This is for average players
if the heal aint good enough might aswell get guard, the salv proc is much higher...or keep other class and add most into str/dex while towning due to limited item choice
if the group didnt town then it sped up. alrdy implied this...i know it doesnt help a group that didnt need heals.

1-2 man... guard with 75 intel
specifically how? not only would it be faster...but while the other char is towning...or the gaurd that towned to regen
the 75 intel tanker guard is constantly getting hit and building charges = much faster lvling

Even in solo if another char had the same gear but had a 150ee armor ( SoLo), the guard will out speed it...if the other char wasnt healing
If he was, he would have to pump alot into intel and have a lower salv%...costing him damage aswell

best choice for solo hybrid? A barb with a higher ee heal...preferably 140ish ee...the lack of mana, he had to get a much higher ee heal
But the damage increase and using his 2 triggered abilities will make him level faster....he will not have to go 75 intel
more like 50 but still had to town to regen mana..but is close to leveling so its only takes seconds...to get a couple hundred mana to use 1-2 more salv charges

if he had to town alot more per climb (solo or 2 man), he got left in the dust
adding 20 intel...would even be better than adding 40 str on the gaurd, IF he needed better heals for himself

Where u said taking many hits is not good, that doesnt affect how the guard works, thats beneficial..he would be able to heal himself in 1-2 charges which is 2 seconds

ur saying the 25% wouldnt matter. It would with 120% salv would be around 600 - 1750..so think about a heal over 200ee

At 55 with 75 intel hes guna have around 4.5k mana or 54 self heals...and with the gear/setup i mentioned u would only need to heal urself everytime ur life is rlly low
You need all that mana because with that gear, u will end up using most of it at higher lvls, building ur charges to compensate more life and dmg...And is still faster than towning

would i like this suggestion if it happened? Yes...it would help out the gear i have...but the guard is op the way he can be used

a guard is not the best option if hes not needed...most of these climbs are good

This post was edited by richboy1991 on Jul 18 2016 01:40pm
Gold: 17,715.27
Jul 18 2016 03:04pm
I guess I'll chime back in with sort of a sum-up from my point of view.

Guardian is usable for the right budget constraints (low - medium budget) and playstyles (soloing and messing around with friends)... but it needs a buff to be used as often as any of the other feeder classes, especially for group climbs. Suggestion by the OP is an okay possibility for that buff but maybe not the best solution.

Quote (harmacintyre @ Jul 18 2016 01:12pm)
I think the best way to settle this is to bring back PVP so that the guardian players can either crush or BE CRUSHED

Please? I never got to experience it :cry:
Gold: 8,685.03
Sep 10 2016 06:02am
Quote (izParagonzi @ Jul 11 2016 08:58pm)
Guardian Innate Attribute = 25% Enhanced Healing Capacity [above caps]

Basically if a heal charm is placed in the ACC slot, the -25% penalty is negated.
Basically if a heal charm is placed in the Main slot, it increases the heal capacity by 25%

People will say this is OP, it isn't:

1. Guardian is the crapiest character for people to use.
2. Heal Mastery got shit on, so it is basically redundant.
3. Guardian can NOT deal damage like a caster, but can only heal as well.
4. Guardian equipment is EXTREMELY diminished.
5. The drop rates of two(2) handed weapons is extremelly rare.

The game has evolved, the higher level you go, the more damage and life the monsters have, yet, the healing capacity has dropped, and since a Guardian only uses Clubs and two(2) handed weapons and only healing charms, there is no comparison to a mage who kills faster and easier, and can heal the same.

Damn... I posted this in July, and the responses are hilarious coming from a lot of posts... damn, SOME people can only think single mindedly.

Here is a reason why a Guardian is useless = Heavy weapon droprates are minimal.
...Now... what advantage would a caster / healer have if the droprates of ALL charms was the same as heavy weapons? Shit, mages / warlocks would be shit right now, considering there hasn't been an increase for heavy weapons to drop.

EDIT: decided to delete my previous comment and replace it with this:

Imagine every item had the same droprate as Heavy Weapons or Potions? Also take in the fact that those with gear started without.

In reality to how the game has evolved [which is great so far], how long would you actually play with the economy as it is now?

This post was edited by izParagonzi on Sep 10 2016 06:11am
Sep 10 2016 08:39am
Quote (izParagonzi @ Sep 10 2016 05:02am)
Damn... I posted this in July, and the responses are hilarious coming from a lot of posts... damn, SOME people can only think single mindedly.

Here is a reason why a Guardian is useless = Heavy weapon droprates are minimal.
...Now... what advantage would a caster / healer have if the droprates of ALL charms was the same as heavy weapons? Shit, mages / warlocks would be shit right now, considering there hasn't been an increase for heavy weapons to drop.

EDIT: decided to delete my previous comment and replace it with this:

Imagine every item had the same droprate as Heavy Weapons or Potions? Also take in the fact that those with gear started without.

In reality to how the game has evolved [which is great so far], how long would you actually play with the economy as it is now?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but can't guardians use clubs? Seems to me there are a metric fuckton of clubs, both caster/healer based and EE, as well as hybrids of the two. Why is it that it'd require heavy weapons?

Again, you want a character that is an amazing healer and tank, with the potential to lay out a large amount of melee damage, while not being limited by mana like a caster is (especially when soloing). And you want it not only to have all the pros of a caster and none of the cons, but you want it to have a 25% buff as compared to casters, not to mention all other healers (such as paladin). That really doesn't make sense. Guardian fits the dynamic it was designed for quite well. If you don't like it, why do you play it?
Go Back To Ladder Slasher Topic List
Prev16789Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll