d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Football & Rugby > 2016 Mock Draft > Regular Season Week 1
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.27
Sep 17 2015 06:14pm
First edition, I'll be honest I haven't done a crazy amount of research or anything at all this point but I want to do 1 a week throughout the season until the draft. I know my mocks are bad and I should feel bad but here it is anyway.

Also, order is just taken from walterfootball.com soooooo yeah.

Round 1

1) Tampa Bay Buccaneers (0-1) - Ronnie Stanley, OT, Notre Dame
I had Stanley as a top prospect last year, being the first OT to be taken and now with another year in college under his belt he tops this draft class. A lot of people will say Joey Bosa here but there's a lot of “meh” going on around him. He's a great player but is he #1 overall good? That's a discussion for later on (personally I think he is that good but for the Buccs now). The Buccs let the Titans get near Jameis waaay too often. They're solid at guard with Makins and Harpet but need help at tackle. Smith is a rookie and could emerge but I believe he'll be better off at RT. Throw Stanley in at LT and just an average center and that's actually a pretty good Oline that Jameis can live behind.

2) Oakland Raiders (0-1) - Joey Bosa, DE/DT, Ohio State
This was a tough one for me. Tunsil is very tempting to help that Oline with pretty much the exact description as the Buccs above but I have a coworker who's a Raiders fan and this is how he described the game this past weekend (and Raider buzzins on here, tell me otherwise if he's wrong). “Undisciplined, sloppy football with no one stepping up and leading the team.” Bosa could be that guy. Bosa could be the next JJ Watt. Now I don't believe he'll ever get there but he could be that workhorse who just demands the respect of everyone on the team and gets all of them in line. The Raiders have a lot of talent on their team. Like looking at it on paper they have some fucking talented guys so if someone (players, coach, hooker, anyone) can just bring them together as one unit, they could make a quick turn around.

3) Jacksonville Jaguars (0-1) - Laremy Tunsil, OT, Ole Miss
Give up on Joeckel as a LT, get rid of him or see how he does at RT, and protect Bortles. Bring it on Hako bb.

4) Cleveland Browns (0-1) - Cardale Jones, QB, Ohio State
Cardale Jones is drafted by Cleveland and has a lot of success but after a handful of years without a Superbowl win he takes his talents to the Dolphins, wins a couple championships sitting behind Tannehill (I got you Tannegoat baby. ;) ) and then comes back to the Browns and continues to live in mediocrity. Get ready Cleveland, it's happening again.

5) Washington Redskins (0-1) - Connor Cook, QB, Michigan State
When everyone is fired they're going to go after a new franchise QB.

6) New York Jets (1-0) - Jared Goff, QB, California
They will eventually just have to admit their mistake in Geno. I could see them going elsewhere and maybe running with Petty for a year if he shows any signs of potential, otherwise the Jets just absolutely have to get a legit franchise QB.

7) Chicago Bears (0-1) - Jalen Ramsey, CB/S, Florida State
Bears need some help at LB, OL, secondary and there's two stand out secondary pieces right now, Ramsey and Hargreaves. Hargreaves is a true corner and Ramsey is likely going to end up at safety in the NFL but playing corner this year and I believe to be the superior talent.

8) Tennessee Titans (1-0) - Ezekiel Elliot, RB, Ohio State
If I had a team to plug Elliot at earlier than this I would. As of right now I have Elliot in my top 3 overall players in this draft (that is very subject to change lol). The Titans could go a lot of ways but if Sankey and Cobb (and I guess West now too) don't show any signs of promise, just scratching them all and starting fresh could be the way to go. If Elliot was in last year's draft, he would have been taken before Gordon and Gurley imo.

9) San Francisco 49ers (1-0) - Laquon Treadwell, WR, Ole Miss
You can't have Hyde run the ball every down. Q is old as shit, Torrey Smith is meh. They don't have anyone at WR.

10) Pittsburgh Steelers (0-1) - Vernon Hargreaves, CB, Florida
The Steelers luck out here and get the top pure corner in the draft to fall to them. The past few years it seems like they've gotten a shit ton of steals on defense in the early rounds and most of them have yet to pan out so hopefully they can get one right here.

11) Houston Texans (0-1) – Christian Hackenberg, QB, Penn State
I am hesitant to put Hackenberg this early but he is a QB and we all know how QB's are overdrafted (just look at last year with Winston and Mariota being grossly overdrafted ;) ) Anyway, unless Mallett or Savage come out and show some signs of promise, this will likely happen but the Texans will be a little higher, picking a better prospect.

12) New York Giants (0-1) - Robert Nkemdiche, DE/DT, Ole Miss
Giants reeeeeaaaaallllly need a DT next to Hankins.

13) New Orleans Saints (0-1) - Myles Jack, LB/RB, UCLA
Saints are in a bit of a rebuild and they just need to add talent. Jack is versatile and talented and would fit nicely into their defense.

14) St. Louis Rams (1-0) - Tyler Boyd, WR, Pittsburgh
Boyd and the Rams are just the right fit. If the Rams are picking middle of the pack like this and Boyd stays strong this season then it fits the range, they desperately need that star WR and have for years so here it is.

15) Atlanta Falcons (1-0) - Scooby Wright, LB, Arizona
The Falcons have soooo many options here at this pick. They could go pass rusher for the second straight year (Floyd) or bolster the OL (Decker) or fill their need at safety (Andrews) but they go with the best player on the board who just so happens to still fill a big time need.

16) Detroit Lions (0-1) - A'Shawn Robinson, DT, Alabama
I have no idea how Ngata did week 1 (did he even play?) but they still need to replace at least 1 DT so here we go.

17) Kansas City Chiefs (1-0) - Taylor Decker, OT, Ohio State
See Jaguars, replace Joeckel with Fisher and move on.

18) San Diego Chargers (1-0) - Su'a Cravens, S/LB, USC
If they can't keep Weddle then they'll need to address the position. Su'a will follow in the footsteps of a few guys in the past few years who are looked at as these hybrid safety/linebackers. Some have had success, some have failed. He will likely end up being a safety imo but his versatility will help the Chargers defense

19) Minnesota Vikings (0-1) - Leonard Floyd, DE/OLB, Georgia
The Vikings continue to stack their defense with crazy talented young defensive pieces. They need help on offense as we all saw on Monday but look at these young pieces; Floyd (DT), Kendricks (MLB), Barr (OLB), Rhodes (CB), Waynes (CB), Exum (S), Smith (S), throw Floyd in on that DL and give that defense a little time to mold and that could be one of the dominate stop units in the league for awhile. They'd likely reach for an offensive piece but meh I like to hope they draft smart.

20) Baltimore Ravens (0-1) - Kendall Fuller, CB, Virginia Tech
Webb likely won't be back next year (Ravens buzzins correct me if I'm wrong there) so a replacement will be needed.

21) Carolina Panthers (1-0) – Jack Conklin, OT, Michigan State
I challenge someone to name someone on the Panthers OL. :P

22) Miami Dolphins (1-0) - Shilique Calhoun, DE/OLB, Michigan State
Wake is starting to get old (he's still a monster) and I think I read Vernon is a FA next year so here's a guy who can replace Vernon for now and eventually Wake. Even if they retain Vernon, Calhoun can come in, be a rotational guy, learn behind one of the best in Wake and have a seamless transition.

23) Philadelphia Eagles (0-1) - Nate Andrews, SS, Florida State
Eagles need a safety? No, I don't believe you, you don't say, other sarcastic comments.

24) New England Patriots (1-0) – Forfeited Pick, 2PSI, Deflatgate
This pick paid off quickly for the Patriots, helping them win the Super Bowl last year before this talented prospect was even drafted.

25) Cincinnati Bengals (1-0) - DeForest Buckner, DE/DT, Oregon
Short of a major talent dropping to the Bengals, if they take anything other than DL in the first I might rage quit and I'm not even a fan. >.<

26) Arizona Cardinals (1-0) - Jaylon Smith, ILB, Notre Dame
If Weatherspoon proves to be a wasted signing then the Cardinals will desperately need help at ILB. Smith fits this range but could easily rise way way up in this draft much like Beasley did last year (check my early mocks last year, I think I had Beasley to use for a week or two and then I couldn't homer it anymore lol).

27) Buffalo Bills (1-0) - Derrick Henry, RB, Alabama
If Shady is hampered with injuries all year long the Bills might be in the market for an early round RB just to be safe. Karlos Williams showed some promising things but with what is currently available in this draft and how stacked the Bills legitimately are they can afford to add strength to an already fairly strong position and maybe avoid some slightly bigger needs elsewhere.

28) Dallas Cowboys (1-0) - Vonn Bell, SS, Ohio State
This is a boring pick because pretty much everyone has it but it makes too much sense. The Cowboys will likely need a safety (Wilcox and Church are both Fas next year), Bell is talented and fits the range, it works.

29) Denver Broncos (1-0) - Cameron Sutton, CB, Tennessee
They're likely going to move Roby to safety so they'll need someone else at corner to pair with Harris and Talib and at this point Sutton provides some big value.

30) Seattle Seahawks (0-1) – Tyler Johnstone, OT, Oregon
This might be considered a bit of a reach by some but I like Johnstone personally and with the major need on the OL by the Seahawks it makes sense.

31) Indianapolis Colts (0-1) - Shawn Oakman, DE/DT, Baylor
I think the Colts take a risk. They realize they need someone to be that guy on the defense and they see the potential in Oakman and pass on some other guys.

32) Green Bay Packers (1-0) – Reggie Ragland, ILB, Alabama
Packers need to get someone at the ILB position. I like Jake Ryan a lot (their 4th rounder last year) but if he doesn't step up then they'll be in the market.

Previous Mocks:

Previous Years:

2015 Final Mock: http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=72556551&f=204
2015 Live Mock: http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=72556650&f=204

2014 Draft Analysis/All Mocks/Other Threads: http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=70753997&f=204

2013 Final Mock: http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=67113792&f=204
2013 Live Mock: http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=67170870&f=204
2013 Draft Analysis: http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=67228920&f=204

2012 Draft Analysis: http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=62247355&f=204
Gold: 445.04
Sep 17 2015 06:16pm
Dayum already at it, nice lol
Gold: 2,900.49
Sep 17 2015 07:33pm
#1 overall, right where we left off lol.
Sep 17 2015 07:35pm
Quote (Kamahl16 @ Sep 17 2015 06:33pm)
#1 overall, right where we left off lol.

Yeah I just always take the order from WF because it's easier. Just use the one source and never change it. Obviously this is not the real order because the Seahawks would be much higher but I like that Walt uses a bit of sense with it. You guys will likely be in the top 10, probably top 5 but you need to be. You guys still have a lot of holes and this draft class is weak as fuck anyway so it's a good class to be at the top lol.
Gold: 55,366.00
Sep 17 2015 07:52pm
Never will understand why hackenburg continually gets graded so high
Gold: Locked
Sep 17 2015 07:58pm
2) Oakland Raiders (0-1) - Joey Bosa, DE/DT, Ohio State
This was a tough one for me. Tunsil is very tempting to help that Oline with pretty much the exact description as the Buccs above but I have a coworker who's a Raiders fan and this is how he described the game this past weekend (and Raider buzzins on here, tell me otherwise if he's wrong). “Undisciplined, sloppy football with no one stepping up and leading the team.” Bosa could be that guy. Bosa could be the next JJ Watt. Now I don't believe he'll ever get there but he could be that workhorse who just demands the respect of everyone on the team and gets all of them in line. The Raiders have a lot of talent on their team. Like looking at it on paper they have some fucking talented guys so if someone (players, coach, hooker, anyone) can just bring them together as one unit, they could make a quick turn around.

It hurts to see anything other than CB/S, but I know "none of them are valuable enough to draft #2 overall".

Offense looked terrible. If there's a guy that can be a real mauler in the running game, I'd tend towards that for our pick. A top RB? Sure, I'd be up for that. Another elite WR prospect? If one exists, it really can't hurt. DE/DT? We're actually pretty stacked there. Mack is playing DE, Mario Edwards, Jr. is fixing up to be on the other side, and our DTs are solid (thanks, btw).

That being said, our defense was abysmal beyond reason. No pressure (also, basically no blitzes ._.), no coverage, no nothing. Can we opt to draft a real defensive coordinator with this pick?
/e
Your friend was 100% right though. Undisciplined, sloppy football.

This post was edited by BardOfXiix on Sep 17 2015 07:58pm
Gold: 2,900.49
Sep 17 2015 08:00pm
Quote (Randolph @ Sep 18 2015 01:35am)
Yeah I just always take the order from WF because it's easier. Just use the one source and never change it. Obviously this is not the real order because the Seahawks would be much higher but I like that Walt uses a bit of sense with it. You guys will likely be in the top 10, probably top 5 but you need to be. You guys still have a lot of holes and this draft class is weak as fuck anyway so it's a good class to be at the top lol.

Yeah, I can see them in the top 5 again easy.

I wouldn't even mind if they traded a high pick away to try and get more talent, they're all in on Winston and they just need to make the team better overall. Defense looked like shit versus Tennessee.

Of course, it's just the first game, they may come out looking far better.
Sep 17 2015 08:09pm
Quote (Austinosu @ Sep 17 2015 06:52pm)
Never will understand why hackenburg continually gets graded so high

Like I said I'm hesitant to put him that early, even hesitant to put him in the first round but QBs always get over drafted, it's just going to happen.

Quote (BardOfXiix @ Sep 17 2015 06:58pm)
It hurts to see anything other than CB/S, but I know "none of them are valuable enough to draft #2 overall".

Offense looked terrible. If there's a guy that can be a real mauler in the running game, I'd tend towards that for our pick. A top RB? Sure, I'd be up for that. Another elite WR prospect? If one exists, it really can't hurt. DE/DT? We're actually pretty stacked there. Mack is playing DE, Mario Edwards, Jr. is fixing up to be on the other side, and our DTs are solid (thanks, btw).

That being said, our defense was abysmal beyond reason. No pressure (also, basically no blitzes ._.), no coverage, no nothing. Can we opt to draft a real defensive coordinator with this pick?
/e
Your friend was 100% right though. Undisciplined, sloppy football.

Either OT around your pick could be solid, Hargreaves could very well be worth a top 5 pick (as I said I haven't done a lot of research just yet) so he could be a very realistic option for you guys. If you guys took Elliot at #2 (and I don't believe you guys will be at #2 when all is said and done) I'd praise it. I fucking love Elliot and think he's going to quickly establish himself in that upper echelon of RBs in the NFL.
Gold: Locked
Sep 17 2015 08:12pm
Quote (Randolph @ Sep 17 2015 07:09pm)
Either OT around your pick could be solid, Hargreaves could very well be worth a top 5 pick (as I said I haven't done a lot of research just yet) so he could be a very realistic option for you guys. If you guys took Elliot at #2 (and I don't believe you guys will be at #2 when all is said and done) I'd praise it. I fucking love Elliot and think he's going to quickly establish himself in that upper echelon of RBs in the NFL.

I also doubt it, unfortunately. But I guess we'll see how Murray plays out, we have a lot of season to go :P I'm just hoping we get enough wins to get into that #10 range where CBs start becoming very attractive picks and I don't have to worry about my team making a dumb position draft.
Gold: 6,479.31
Sep 17 2015 08:13pm
lold @ 24

3 MSU players in the first round, nbd B)

we're losing a lot of talent this year... :mellow:
Go Back To Football & Rugby Topic List
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll