d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > 100% Free Advice From A Professional > Ask Anything To A Trainer/bodybuilder
Prev1199319941995199619972039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 8,422.77
Trader: Trusted
Oct 19 2016 05:20pm
Quote (Canadian_Man @ Oct 4 2016 07:55am)
Heard some great things about Phosphatidic Acid: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=164295351

Read through studies. It seems *too* promising. As in, creatine levels of benefit or better. I've also watched a couple YouTube videos on the stuff, one of which from a personal trainer who I respect. Are you familiar with this stuff?

I just ordered Lecithin Granules to try it out (which have lots of phosphatidic acid in them, plus choline as a two-fer).

I've read the studies. All of them are very new and not necessarily 100% reputable. The supplement by itself is fairly new and hasn't been studied far enough in the main stream for me to give a thesis on it.

As of right now, use at your own risk.
Oct 19 2016 05:25pm
Quote (crowbrain @ Oct 4 2016 02:00pm)
nevermind on my previous question. I’d rather have a custom training routine to do from you, the professional.

Btw I’m Tommy. Sorry for never introducing myself and thanks for your answers in the past.

I was 195lbs / 5’11 when i started the beginner program you gave me (8 weeks ago). I had a huge gut, love handles and fat on chest. My outter limbs were tiny. However, with the beginner program you gave me, i was able to take my 165 1rm bench to 225, 185 squat to 245 (atg). Great right!?

No.

My limbs look skinnier especially calves and forearms, and my gut is still there so i proportionately look WORSE due to losing fat in areas like my limbs and butt but no progress/way slower progress on the huge gut and chest fat (If I was a girl, I’d be praising the ground you walk on right now). Love handles have made some progress i will not lie.

With that said, i dont care about metrics (how much i bench, how much i weigh, etc...) i just want to look more muscular with a focus on limbs (large in the right places) with abs as well. How to achieve this goal? i feel like if i work on muscular development to make my limbs larger, it will require more food, keeping my stubborn fat on in the worst places. If i try to lose my belly and chest fat, i feel like I wont be able to build muscle in my limbs. I put emphasis on calves and forearms because they are exposed when i wear t shirts and shorts. who cares if i broke two plates but when wearing t-shirts, I look like a fat fuck twig arms. BTW today Im 200lbs.

I get that it’s only been 8 weeks. I am not looking for a “get rich quick” scheme, but just the correct long term approach. If that’s continuing to build strength for a year before a strategic hypertrophy program (been reading through your forums), so be it. If that’s a caloric surplus keto, caloric deficit keto, IF, clean bulk, 40/40/20 macros, WHATEVER, then so be it. Just help me what’s the best combo of meal prep and work out to pick please.

Thank you.

The fastest way for you to achieve your goal is to continue exercising at least 1-2 hours per day, 6 days a week, keep the diet in check (2,000 cals on non-workout days and 2,500 on workout days), keep sugars minimum, drink plenty of water, and get sufficient sleep (8 hrs min per night). You need to keep losing fat in order to lose it in the stubborn areas. Based on where you are holding onto the fat, you seem to have some estrogenic activity (Gynecomastia). To combat this, get a good anti estrogen supplement, such as DIM, and keep estrogenic foods like soy out of your diet entirely.

If you notice that you are not losing fat as rapidly, we will re-address your specific diet. But for right now, a minimum of 200g protein per day is required with the above calorie loadouts.

Be patient, once you hit low enough body fat, we will restructure your diet for absolute muscle mass gains.
Oct 19 2016 05:28pm
Quote (bullets501 @ Oct 5 2016 07:41pm)
Thanks dude, I'm going to start using this for sure.

Just a question; what are the effects of caffeine on high intensity cardio/endurance training? I'm not taking extreme amounts like a pre workout, I'm taking 16oz coffee with 3 shots of 2% milk( coffee shop, not homemade) before I run my shuttle runs. My runs
are not in the morning but I use the caffeine in the coffee for energy, is this a bad idea? Considering caffeine will elevate my heart rate faster with cardio, will it cause performance issues? Or will it provide benefits regarding energy?

Another question:

I love the look of your workout routine, but I'm wondering, can I stay in the gym at all? To be honest I love the gym and I believe I've come a long way and don't really want to give it up, I've been doing 5 sets of exercises, (bench press 6-12 reps x5 for example) and ether a body weight exercise in between( push-ups, etc) Or jogging 100m between sets( my gym has a 100m track surrounding the equipment) since you gave me the link. basically I know Losing strength is imminent with all of the cardio, if I reduce my gym time from 6 days a week to 3 days, and include the cardio for rests, will this allow me to retain some strength? Or just overall still keep me too heavy and slow for my career choice? I'm willing to part ways if it's a must, just rather not. (I'd be in the gym on top of following your plan)

Here is some info incase you need it
6,1"
265 ibs
245x4 bench
315x5 squat
315x4 deadlift ( back issues)
Don't know bf% but I guess I'd say I'm bulky? I don't appear fat, but not vascular
60-90 mins spent strength training

Pre-Cardio caffeine/stimulants are NOT a good thing, as it can actually cause you to elevate your heart rate too high before maximum cardiovascular benefit. Stims are better before a regular workout, when the energy is needed. Cardio should be water/potassium only.

You can continue a 3-day a week gym status and focus on muscle maintenance. The academy will specifically consist of cardio and bodyweight exercises - so to excel in those means you will most likely lose some general mass in the process (this can be fixed later, after academy).
Oct 19 2016 05:28pm
Quote (noob_whacker @ Oct 7 2016 12:43am)
hope everything all good by you during this crazy weather

Quote (leemyungbak @ Oct 8 2016 04:14am)
To echo this. Hope you are faring well.

Thank you for the kind words - the storm did absolutely nothing to us here. The media hyped everything up (as usual) and it fizzled out into a regular thunderstorm.

This post was edited by SKCRaynor on Oct 19 2016 05:30pm
Oct 19 2016 05:29pm
Quote (Shakti @ Oct 7 2016 09:38pm)
Yo,

I took about 4 months off from using free weights because I started boxing. I lost a ton of weight and now I'm getting back into free weights.

I want to go 4 days a week. Goal is to gain strength and size. Can you recommend me a good split? Preferably something other than the 5/3/1 program because I've had my run with that and I'd like to try something different.

Certainly - how about one of these?

http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=21269614&f=60&p=345358141
Hypertrophy Plan 3-on-1-off (regular)

http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=21269614&f=60&p=353331310
Hypertrophy Plan 3-on-1-off (modified for BB, DB, and Bench)

http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=21269614&f=60&p=379997654
4 day upper/lower split for beginners or maintenance

http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=21269614&f=60&p=380646120
4 day split for strength and clean bulking

http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=21269614&f=60&p=390946395
3 day Power Training

Oct 19 2016 05:32pm
Quote (kbk @ Oct 9 2016 05:26pm)
Hi Raynor,

I was wondering if you have an opinion on my situation, it is regarding a torn ACL and a potential return to (recreational), sports

I was an avid soccer player for years until I tore my ACL a couple years ago, it wasn't properly diagnosed (long story), and by the time I found out I had indeed torn my ACL, it had functionally healed

So I remain very active, I run several times a week without any issues with my knee but my concern is a return to soccer. I am flirting with the idea of playing in a recreational league this winter on turf

Do you think with a proper brace, it would be safe to play? Or what is your opinion on my situation? Any advice would go a long way brother

Yes, with a brace you should be OK - assuming that it did completely fuse on its own and you aren't experiencing regular pain. If you notice any issues, stop immediately and ice the area. There is always a possibility of a recurring injury with an improper healed tendon/ligament.
Oct 19 2016 05:33pm
Quote (Odell @ Oct 19 2016 07:11pm)
Skcraynor you got pics of your body?

Yes - many. They are all hosted on1m@g3sh4k and were posted on JSP, including in my avatar. About a year ago, images no longer work on JSP. I don't have a fix for this, other than host somewhere else I suppose.

EDIT

I just logged into that website and apparently they deleted ALL of my photos....wow. Anyone here have any free suggestions for hosting??

This post was edited by SKCRaynor on Oct 19 2016 05:42pm
Gold: 25.65
Oct 20 2016 02:31pm
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Oct 19 2016 04:33pm)
Yes - many. They are all hosted on1m@g3sh4k and were posted on JSP, including in my avatar. About a year ago, images no longer work on JSP. I don't have a fix for this, other than host somewhere else I suppose.

EDIT

I just logged into that website and apparently they deleted ALL of my photos....wow. Anyone here have any free suggestions for hosting??

1) photobucket for logging in and managing

2) tinypic or i just google "easy image upload" for drag and drop the file and it spits a link you can use. I will use these options when I just want to upload and post a link and not care how to delete or remove picture later.

Glad the storm was nbd. Thanks for helping my friend with his goals. fg your way.
Gold: 25.65
Oct 20 2016 02:56pm
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Oct 19 2016 04:25pm)
The fastest way for you to achieve your goal is to continue exercising at least 1-2 hours per day, 6 days a week, keep the diet in check (2,000 cals on non-workout days and 2,500 on workout days), keep sugars minimum, drink plenty of water, and get sufficient sleep (8 hrs min per night). You need to keep losing fat in order to lose it in the stubborn areas. Based on where you are holding onto the fat, you seem to have some estrogenic activity (Gynecomastia). To combat this, get a good anti estrogen supplement, such as DIM, and keep estrogenic foods like soy out of your diet entirely.

If you notice that you are not losing fat as rapidly, we will re-address your specific diet. But for right now, a minimum of 200g protein per day is required with the above calorie loadouts.

Be patient, once you hit low enough body fat, we will restructure your diet for absolute muscle mass gains.

Quote (SKCRaynor @ Nov 5 2015 08:07am)
Bodyfat can NOT be measured on a scale. Those are estimates (and bad ones at that). You would be better off using calipers or even some of the digital ones (electric impedance). But a scale will NEVER tell your true body fat %.

As far as Diindolylmethane (DIM) goes, in general it's a decent natural supplement that can help reduce bad estrogen levels and increase good estrogen levels, thus returning the body to a better equilibrium in certain cases (such as females with breast or ovarian cancer).

That being said, it is certainly not as powerful as certain Aromatase Inhibitors (AIs) that you can buy OTC. Although, it is a natural supplement and has virtually no side effects or long term effects. It can help marginally (1-2%) or moderately (up to 10%), depending on your body and causes of your estrogenic issues. With regards to acne, it depends. It can SOMETIMES help if the acne is caused by an estrogen imbalance. But by the same token, if the problem isnt an estrogen imbalance, it will have absolutely no effect on that particular problem.

As far as what type to get? I would stick to the purest and simplest form if you're going to try it. That means no extras, no additives, etc.

Try Solaray DIM Supreme. The Natures way that you have has a lot of various other contents, which may or may not be of assistance, and in some cases can even work as an antagonist.

Good luck!!

Quote (leemyungbak @ Nov 5 2015 10:38am)
thanks Ray for the very informative insight. Toward that end, for males (as she is throwing it away as she doesn't need it for acne anymore and wants me to take it as a body building supplment) how does it affect gains/fat loss/increase test/reduce estrogen - if at all and is it worth taking for me?

Quote (SKCRaynor @ Nov 5 2015 07:15pm)
It can't HURT you, but rather act as a very mild AI (Aromatase Inhibitor). You can use it up and see if you notice any difference (most likely not).

wait what I thought you said DIM wont really do anything
Gold: 0.00
Oct 21 2016 02:17pm
Gain weight = Brown rice and eggs? Or chicken or?
Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
Prev1199319941995199619972039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll