d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > 100% Free Advice From A Professional > Ask Anything To A Trainer/bodybuilder
Prev1199519961997199819992039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 8,422.77
Trader: Trusted
Nov 21 2016 05:40pm
Quote (Sophisticated @ Nov 7 2016 05:06am)
Hello Raynor

Happy Holidays. I'm hoping to start the new year off right I have a friend who talked me into starting the gym Monday says it will be good for me. I think so too. He gave me this diet and I wanted to see what you thought and if you'd suggest something else because I can't eat all of this... I'm 148 pounds very lean 6 pack and all but I'm not too active anymore, I skateboard and play competitive ping pong but also I eat like shit and drink for the night like once or twice every week. My fiance and I have been talking about getting pregnant so if that happens next year I'll be 27-28 years old, its time to make a change. With that said I would appreciate your advice even though I can not offer more than my thank you and progress reports if you desire them.

Thank you in advance any feedback, and to offer such a great service for free. One person quoted me 200$ for a diet and work out plan....

Here's what I was given for a diet... There's no way, I eat like once or twice a day and normally don't finish my entire meal. That will change after my first training session today I'm sure but still this seems far out lol.

Fwd:
Bulking Meal Plan Meal 1: *9 egg whites *2 whole eggs *4 english muffins *IN BETWEEN MEAL 1 AND 2- 10G EAA/5G GLUTAMINE Meal 2: *7oz of Grilled Chicken or Turkey Breast *1 cup of pasta (4oz after cooked) *IN BETWEEN MEAL 2 AND 3- 10G EAA/5G GLUTAMINE Meal 3: *7oz lean steak *10oz white potato Meal 4: *7oz Grilled Chicken or Turkey Breast *1 cups white rice INTRA WORKOUT: 5g glutamine / 54g cyclic dextrin / bcaa's POST WORKOUT- 50g intec protein and 4 scoops (100g of carbs) cyclic dextrin Meal 5: *7oz Grilled Chicken or Turkey Breast *8oz pasta (measure after cooked) Meal 6: *75g whey protein *4 pop tarts *1 tablespoon pb *Notes: Cheat meals: 1 cheat meal every Saturday night. Don't get carried away. Five Guys type of food (burger and fry) is always good. Eat until stuffed. Water: 1-1.5 gallon per day *No bars, or snacking. Keep it tight!

What exactly are your goals??? I can help you, but first need to know what exactly what you want to do.
Gold: 478.51
Nov 21 2016 08:05pm
Can you recommend me a barbell? I'm going to squat, bench, deadlift and ohp. Something reasonable thanks bro
Dec 6 2016 10:02am
Quote (brownside @ Nov 21 2016 10:05pm)
Can you recommend me a barbell? I'm going to squat, bench, deadlift and ohp. Something reasonable thanks bro

Vulcan, Ivanko, Rogue, and Troy are excellent brands.
Gold: 0.00
Dec 6 2016 09:03pm
Hello there

Can you recommend me a dairy free (whey free) PWO shake?

Most are looking expensive, which is fine, but lot of the ingredients are like beef and eggs for the mix. If this is the case and need to avoid whey, can I just eat regular beef (to save money) after working out or is the shake still better?

Thanks
Dec 20 2016 02:22pm
Quote (crowbrain @ Dec 6 2016 11:03pm)
Hello there

Can you recommend me a dairy free (whey free) PWO shake?

Most are looking expensive, which is fine, but lot of the ingredients are like beef and eggs for the mix. If this is the case and need to avoid whey, can I just eat regular beef (to save money) after working out or is the shake still better?

Thanks

There are quite a few! One of the better one is NOW! Pea Protein. Carnivor beef protein is also good. NOW! eggwhite protein is fairly reasonable and great quality.

Then there are some vegan blends, such as Garden of Life Raw.
Gold: 25.65
Dec 24 2016 01:36pm
Hi Ray

So I asked for "bloodwork" at the doctors and they gave me a lipids panel and metabolic panel. I dont know anything and assumed my test levels would show up too. They didnt.

1) Next time, what blood tests should I ask for to get a comprehensive view of metrics that can help with bodybuilding (been reading about test/free test, thyroid, estrodial, IGF1, DHEA/DHEA1) anything else?

2) also do you have a guide to intrepret results?

Thanks!
Dec 25 2016 06:59pm
Hey Raynor,

So I'm getting very involved in lifting.. I've been following the 5x5 strong lift program for awhile now, and I am definetly seeing results.. How ever, the exercises are repetitive and the same 5 over and over.. Squat, OHP, BB Rows, DL, Bench.. Should I add anything into my workouts? I usually do some light cardio at the end of my sessions.. But I feel like I don't emphasize on any particular group, even though I am getting stronger.

thanks.
Gold: 126,123.10
Dec 31 2016 12:10am
hello!

im having a small, on going problem. when i do barbell rows my lower left thigh seems to cramp up or gets a sharp pain. it doesnt feel like an injury, though. change in weight(very light atm. 85lbs) or angle of my back doesnt seem to make a difference. i assumed my form was wrong, but every time i double check i dont see myself being any different from videos i watch. i also do not get this pain from doing squats or deadlifts. i am not sure how to solve it. any thoughts are appreciated!
Gold: 25.00
Jan 7 2017 02:00pm
Hey raynor:

Just wondering if you have any gym routines cantering cardio?

I'm not a big outdoor runner due to the cold weather, and the treadmill can get boring.

Im looking to improve cardio stamina/running speed.

I'm looking for a routine for a total body cardio workout; just wondering what you think is viable for best results for my current goal.

ATM all I do is shuttle style treadmill run (start at 5.1mph and increase 0.3mph every 1 minute until I can't go anymore) usually make it to 8.7 mph. Before I'm gassed. Doesn't matter if the routine takes 20 min or 1 hour. Just need something to start on to start tracking cardio progress.
Jan 18 2017 02:11pm
Quote (nate321 @ 31 Dec 2016 09:10)
hello!

im having a small, on going problem. when i do barbell rows my lower left thigh seems to cramp up or gets a sharp pain. it doesnt feel like an injury, though. change in weight(very light atm. 85lbs) or angle of my back doesnt seem to make a difference. i assumed my form was wrong, but every time i double check i dont see myself being any different from videos i watch. i also do not get this pain from doing squats or deadlifts. i am not sure how to solve it. any thoughts are appreciated!

Also had this. But i think it's not pain, it's like the muscle gets cramped to the point it feels like pain.

Interested in the answer.
Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
Prev1199519961997199819992039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll