d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > 100% Free Advice From A Professional > Ask Anything To A Trainer/bodybuilder
Prev17317327337347352039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 50.00
Mar 13 2011 11:54pm
I have two sets of questions...

1. How much time should the rest be on hypertrophy plan inbetween sets (Switching from flat to incline) and how long is a typical workout supposed to be i'm averaging like 30-40 minutes

2. On the hypertrophy plan I cannot access a gym thats close to where I live so I workout at home and only equip I got is dumbells/treadmill/bench press is there any way you could modify the workout plan to accommodate to my limited gear?

So far I've put on 15 pounds already not sure if that's a good thing most of it being water I'm assuming but yeah going good so far.
Gold: 8,422.77
Trader: Trusted
Mar 14 2011 12:53am
Quote (KramerFtw @ Mar 14 2011 01:25am)
Hey raynor, can u help me with a CLEAN bulking plan for my brother?

Hes 185 atm

I just need numbers, like how much cals , prot , carbs and fats he needs

thanks!

also need his height and body fat % (at least ballpark estimate)

Mar 14 2011 01:06am
Quote (IDUTCIH @ Mar 14 2011 01:54am)
I have two sets of questions...

1. How much time should the rest be on hypertrophy plan inbetween sets (Switching from flat to incline) and how long is a typical workout supposed to be i'm averaging like 30-40 minutes

2. On the hypertrophy plan I cannot access a gym thats close to where I live so I workout at home and only equip I got is dumbells/treadmill/bench press is there any way you could modify the workout plan to accommodate to my limited gear?

So far I've put on 15 pounds already not sure if that's a good thing most of it being water I'm assuming but yeah going good so far.

1. Rest for hypertrophy between sets should be around 45-90 seconds. Typical workout should last between 45-60 minutes.

2. if you only have dumbbells and a bench, here is the modifications:

Mon (chest/bis) - Incline Bench Press, Flat Bench Press, Incline DB Flies SUPERSET with Flat DB Flies, Wide-grip Dips (use your weight bench and a chair with weight plates on your lap), lying DB pullovers, decline dumbbell flies SUPERSET w/ decline db presses. Standing olympic bar curls, seated E-Z Bar preacher curls, Standing DB curls SUPERSET w/ seated DB hammer curls, Concentration DB curls, Close-Grip ez-bar curls (hands touching each other) SUPERSET w/ super wide grip ez-bar curls (hands as far wide as possible).

Tues (Back/Tris) - Straight-Leg Deadlifts, Bent over BB rows, Wide Grip pull ups, T-Bar Rows (use your olympic bar and grip the bar with dominant hand on the top), Bent over DB Rows SUPERSET w/ Lawnmower DB Rows, Good Mornings Superset w/ bent over DB extensions, Bent Over Barbell Rows. Close grip bench press (hands touching), Standing EZ bar skullcrushers w/ One-Arm DB Kickbacks, Laying DB tricep extensions, Seated DB Skullcrushers SUPERSET w/ laying EZ-bar skullcrushers, Close-Grip gips (use the bench and chair)

Weds (Legs/Shoulders) - Barbell Squats (ATG), Barbell FRONT squats (ATG with medium leg placement), Seated Squats (with legs very close together - squat down until you sit on the bench, then stand up) SUPERSET w/ Stationary BB lunges, DB Lunges, Standing Calf Raise Machine, Donkey Calf Raises SUPERSET w/ Standing Calf-Raises. Seated Military Press, DB Shoulder Press, DB Arnold Press SUPERSET w/ DB Front raises, DB Lat raises (normal 2 arm method) SUPERSET w/ one arm slow-decline lat raises, DB Shrugs, Barbell Shrugs.

Thurs - REST

Fri - Repeat Monday

Sat - Repeat Tuesday

Sun - Repeat Weds

Mon - OFF

edit: also 15 lbs is great, keep up the good work

This post was edited by SKCRaynor on Mar 14 2011 01:07am
Gold: 9,450.00
Mar 14 2011 05:02am
hi skc

is doing diffrent exercises for every muscle group each week effective?

day1: chest /// 5 diffrent exercises 3 sets 5-8 reps, 30 min cardio, abs
day2: legs /// 5 diffrent exercises 3 sets 5-8 reps, 30 min cardio, abs
day3: arms /// 5 diffrent exercises 3 sets 5-8 reps, 30 min cardio, abs
day5: back /// 5 diffrent exercises 3 sets 5-8 reps, 30 min cardio, abs
day5: shoulder /// 5 diffrent exercises 3 sets 5-8 reps, 30 min cardio, abs
day6: cardio abs
day7: cardio abs

order of muscle groups stays same, exercises change every week
for cutting.. or do you recommend to do the same exercises for like 2 months then change?
Gold: 7,229.10
Mar 14 2011 10:13am

Quote (SKCRaynor @ Mar 13 2011 03:36am)
Common problem. Try changing the angle. If you are using a straight grip, use an angled grip. Also try wide/narrow, etc.

If you can not find ANY relief with different angles/grips, you may need to wrap the elbow. There is a possibility of tendinitis.

How long have you had the issue?

Quote (SKCRaynor @ Mar 13 2011 10:13am)
Try the different grips and let me know if that helps

well it's definitely not the different grip thing.. it appears bench pressing.. and some random pain once in a while while sitting still.. so im guessing tendinitis or something else? what is the treatment? what exercises can i do or can't i do.. guide me trough this thnx..
Gold: 2.00
Mar 14 2011 10:47am
hey raynor should i take fish oil?
Gold: 1.69
Mar 14 2011 12:20pm
Quote (Improv @ 9 Mar 2011 17:14)
I am not sure if I got an shoulder or rotator cuff injury, but I was doing the pec dec exercise(overatted and useless), which I hardly ever do and hate now, and suddenly I felt minor pain on my shoulder. The pain decreased after a day or 2. my shoulder doesnt really feel like it normally does. it makes a click like sound more often then it usually use to do when I rotate shoulder. Sometimes I get a minor burning feeling in the shoulder. I can move my arms like usual w/o pain or any issue, but is this a matter that needs to be looked at? Can I start working out upper body again or something gonna happen?
Can anyone help?

this was my issue that I got 10 days ago and I asked you about it a couple of days after and you responded to it telling me to see a chriopractor and you told me to avoid chest excercises with a straight bar in particular
I went to see a doctor today. he checked it out and told me it was an inflamation and he said a bunch of things about my shoulder area which I dont remember and he took a look at it asking me where the pain was and examined it so he gave me prescribed medication. He said it should go away in about 10 days.
So is it alright to work upper body now except for chest? cuz for the past 10 days ive been barely going to the gym and when I have, Ive been doing nothing but some lower body exercises..

This post was edited by Improv on Mar 14 2011 12:24pm
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 30%
Mar 14 2011 03:40pm
hey for a cut diet can you change / tell me if this is ok?

meal 1 - 3 eggs, oatmeal, water
meal 2 - tuna, veggies, 1 slice whole grain bread
meal 3 - salmon, veggies
workout
meal 4 - PWO shake
meal 5 - chicken breast , veggies
meal 6 - cottage cheese

does everything look ok? also how much VEGGIES should i be having with each meal? i eat my veggies raw, and organic btw.

ALSO what would be better to have AFTER i workout, chicken or the salmon ? and what can i replace the salmon with on some days (shits expensive) aside from eggs though. Thanks
Mar 14 2011 09:34pm
Quote (Gosu @ Mar 14 2011 07:02am)
hi skc

is doing diffrent exercises for every muscle group each week effective?

day1: chest /// 5 diffrent exercises 3 sets 5-8 reps, 30 min cardio, abs
day2: legs /// 5 diffrent exercises 3 sets 5-8 reps, 30 min cardio, abs
day3: arms /// 5 diffrent exercises 3 sets 5-8 reps, 30 min cardio, abs
day5: back /// 5 diffrent exercises 3 sets 5-8 reps, 30 min cardio, abs
day5: shoulder /// 5 diffrent exercises 3 sets 5-8 reps, 30 min cardio, abs
day6: cardio abs
day7: cardio abs

order of muscle groups stays same, exercises change every week
for cutting.. or do you recommend to do the same exercises for like 2 months then change?

That's optimal for strength gains...I like the 5on2off split.

As far as cutting, please follow this:

http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=21269614&f=60&p=304396247
Cutting Workout Routine

Gold: 97.66
Mar 14 2011 09:36pm
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Mar 14 2011 01:53am)
also need his height and body fat % (at least ballpark estimate)

Nvm about this :)

found some calculator
Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
Prev17317327337347352039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll