d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > Ladder Slasher >
Poll > Minor Idea To Character Name Display
1234Next
Closed New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 8,698.33
Jan 25 2023 08:07pm
Simple change, if you are confused, the image will help you understand:

Character name is DavidWilson and is in Grey, would like it to be white like the Class: Guardian and stat numbers etc.

https://prnt.sc/kAKTw99fzgLn
Gold: 56,006.88
Jan 25 2023 10:19pm
I’m confused. On the iPhone it is white

And maybe my eyesight is going bad with age but in that image it looks white to me and not grey

Personally I don’t think this would be a game changer or if any benefit so it got a no from me

This post was edited by CARTRACK on Jan 25 2023 10:26pm
Gold: 0.00
Jan 25 2023 10:25pm
They appear to be both white to me. However character name has a 3d affect, for lack of a better term I can think of, which makes it appear darker, but the letters look white.
Gold: 17,966.34
Jan 26 2023 07:43am
Its white. Youre just old.
Gold: 9,264.09
Jan 26 2023 08:51am
I voted no because it's already white and Idk what ur trying to change. And if you were to change it, the impact vs the work required to change it doesn't pan out
Jan 26 2023 02:27pm
Quote (CARTRACK @ 26 Jan 2023 17:19)
I’m confused. On the iPhone it is white

And maybe my eyesight is going bad with age but in that image it looks white to me and not grey

Personally I don’t think this would be a game changer or if any benefit so it got a no from me

Quote (Light_Prince @ 27 Jan 2023 02:43)
Its white. Youre just old.

Quote (Outraged @ 27 Jan 2023 03:51)
I voted no because it's already white and Idk what ur trying to change. And if you were to change it, the impact vs the work required to change it doesn't pan out

Yup, my eyes maybe bad to the point of having to use glasses, but, I can tell the difference of the character name color being different from the strikethrough text below.

Class: Guardian
Experience: 54833363
Strength: 85
Dexterity: 23
Intelligence: 55
Vitality: 100
Stat Points: 0
Ability Points: 0
ETC

Maybe I have a better Graphics card than the 3 quoted above and can tell the difference.

And as I stated... Minor Idea...

It doesn't take 1 minute to change the font color in the coding. You just find the coding for the Character Screen and look for the wording "Character Name" and then look at the "Font / Color" and just type in "White" or maybe it is "Silver", but it is definitely the same color as the other words in gray(grey).
Jan 26 2023 03:07pm
Quote (izParagonzi @ Jan 26 2023 12:27pm)
Yup, my eyes maybe bad to the point of having to use glasses, but, I can tell the difference of the character name color being different from the strikethrough text below.

Class: Guardian
Experience: 54833363
Strength: 85
Dexterity: 23
Intelligence: 55
Vitality: 100
Stat Points: 0
Ability Points: 0
ETC

Maybe I have a better Graphics card than the 3 quoted above and can tell the difference.

And as I stated... Minor Idea...

It doesn't take 1 minute to change the font color in the coding. You just find the coding for the Character Screen and look for the wording "Character Name" and then look at the "Font / Color" and just type in "White" or maybe it is "Silver", but it is definitely the same color as the other words in gray(grey).

Regardless of eyesight, and even you said it’s minor, I don’t see this change being necessary at all. Unless you can find a reason why we absolutely need this…….
Jan 26 2023 03:19pm
Quote (CARTRACK @ 27 Jan 2023 10:07)
Regardless of eyesight, and even you said it’s minor, I don’t see this change being necessary at all. Unless you can find a reason why we absolutely need this…….

Necessary: Maybe not.
Unless...: The reason is based on switching characters to find items that are on a character and you are trading in game after a trade thread is posted and you have to hunt for the item... this way you don't have to get on JSP to view all your characters for the item and just go through all of your character to find "said" item, and you can just open up the Character Screen window and see the Character Name more Clearly and you can move to the next character that MAY have "said" item that you are trading.

Note: Even in trade threads, people post what they want in thread, but they do NOT state the character the "said" item is on. So, the reason is for smooth trading. And yup, I am not organized with my gear etc.
Jan 26 2023 03:28pm
Quote (izParagonzi @ Jan 26 2023 01:19pm)
Necessary: Maybe not.
Unless...: The reason is based on switching characters to find items that are on a character and you are trading in game after a trade thread is posted and you have to hunt for the item... this way you don't have to get on JSP to view all your characters for the item and just go through all of your character to find "said" item, and you can just open up the Character Screen window and see the Character Name more Clearly and you can move to the next character that MAY have "said" item that you are trading.

Note: Even in trade threads, people post what they want in thread, but they do NOT state the character the "said" item is on. So, the reason is for smooth trading. And yup, I am not organized with my gear etc.

I too have tons of crap on my mules and agree it’s a headache when someone is interested in one of my items (or I consider selling or trying not to buy a similar version, etc) and I have to look through every single mule to find that item. I’m still confused how your suggestion would help with that. Maybe better idea would be if in my characters page I can type in keywords (like 7 magic luck or 200 enhanced effect) and it would show me which mule has that item….
Jan 26 2023 03:41pm
Quote (CARTRACK @ 27 Jan 2023 10:28)
I too have tons of crap on my mules and agree it’s a headache when someone is interested in one of my items (or I consider selling or trying not to buy a similar version, etc) and I have to look through every single mule to find that item. I’m still confused how your suggestion would help with that. Maybe better idea would be if in my characters page I can type in keywords (like 7 magic luck or 200 enhanced effect) and it would show me which mule has that item….

That is a suggestion (your version).

Mine is about being in game and switching to each character, but the item may have been missed because one of those characters you have already looked at has the item equipped.

In other words... when in game and I open up the Character Screen Window, I want to see which character is in the game... and yes, it is hard to see "iz5" versus "iz6" ... which character do I have in the game?

Note: yes this is specific to me, but I can tell you, outside of myself, people label their mules by numbers... :lol:

EDIT: also, I restricted the length of my character names for the old days when you needed to /kick xxx from the game because they were AFK and you are trying to level them up and you don't want them to die. #2 or you die in the process of /kicking them.

This post was edited by izParagonzi on Jan 26 2023 03:43pm
Go Back To Ladder Slasher Topic List
1234Next
Closed New Topic New Poll