d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Martial Arts, Boxing & Wrestling > Do You Jiu Jitsu?
123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 10.00
Jan 6 2023 09:34am
Or Judo? Or Wrassle? If so, I'd like to hear from you. Let's talk some shop.

What's your go to's? (Takedowns, Throws, Sweeps, Passes, Submissions, Etc.) Guard pullers and butt scooters, this thread is not for you to find solace outside of the hate on reddeet.

Gold: 0.00
Jan 6 2023 02:56pm
I do BJJ and a little bit of wrestling. The wrestling is more focused for jiu Jitsu, but I’ve been doing both since October.

I love pulling guard on other white belts and some blue belts and working closed guard and rubber guard. My favorite is definitely a flower sweep into side control and shoulder triangle. I’m also a dense guy, 5’10” and 200 lbs so grabbing s mount and just smothering people is another thing I like to do.

I’m also super new and very inexperienced, so I’m sure this will change.
Gold: 890.00
Jan 8 2023 02:37pm
I do BJJ with basic takedowns, love it. Was little bit afraid of old injuries, apparently unnecessarily, since I started I have never felt better.

BJJ community is awesome, most of the sessions people don't want to leave, stay longer talk and laugh.

People can't sleep because of it, me including. You think how to escape or execute some finishing moves, Google new moves and keep learning even at bed.

Everytime I'm exhausted and tired, don't feel like to go and roll, I force myself and didn't regret even once.
Jan 8 2023 02:55pm
Quote (ozzyarmy3 @ Jan 6 2023 02:56pm)
I do BJJ and a little bit of wrestling. The wrestling is more focused for jiu Jitsu, but I’ve been doing both since October.

I love pulling guard on other white belts and some blue belts and working closed guard and rubber guard. My favorite is definitely a flower sweep into side control and shoulder triangle. I’m also a dense guy, 5’10” and 200 lbs so grabbing s mount and just smothering people is another thing I like to do.

I’m also super new and very inexperienced, so I’m sure this will change.

Quote (spokoluzik1989 @ Jan 8 2023 02:37pm)
I do BJJ with basic takedowns, love it. Was little bit afraid of old injuries, apparently unnecessarily, since I started I have never felt better.

BJJ community is awesome, most of the sessions people don't want to leave, stay longer talk and laugh.

People can't sleep because of it, me including. You think how to escape or execute some finishing moves, Google new moves and keep learning even at bed.

Everytime I'm exhausted and tired, don't feel like to go and roll, I force myself and didn't regret even once.

Sounds like you both are on the right path with your training. Never have I ever regretted a day of training either. Always the best outlet for stress.

I've been doing jiu jitsu/wrestling/judo for 9 years. I enjoy playing off the clinch/tie up. Russian tie/2 on 1 to single leg or throw by for the back, outside/inside foot sweeps, fake sasae to snap down. I have a float style of passing to get straight to mount but also like smash passing from half/quarter guards. It's always fun to mother's milk your friends and spam head n arm chokes without the intent of actually finishing.
Gold: 31,100.00
Jan 10 2023 12:37pm
Not yet, looking to start sometime this year
Jan 10 2023 05:42pm
Quote (JahIthBear @ Jan 10 2023 12:37pm)
Not yet, looking to start sometime this year

Hell yeah! If money and location are not the issue, but you're worried about cardio/weight/etc.; don't let those stop you from starting ASAP. There is no amount of prep work that can be done to get you ready except for diving in head first.
Gold: 31,100.00
Jan 10 2023 08:07pm
Quote (RubyDuby @ Jan 10 2023 05:42pm)
Hell yeah! If money and location are not the issue, but you're worried about cardio/weight/etc.; don't let those stop you from starting ASAP. There is no amount of prep work that can be done to get you ready except for diving in head first.

The soonest I can start is the end of September unfortunately, I gotta leave here soon and head back to Alaska for a bit, then when I return I’ll be starting, pretty excited and looking forward to it
Gold: 5,248.73
Jan 11 2023 01:41pm
Newer white belt here, and loving bjj.
I’m taking the danaher approach to my white belt training and learning to fight from my back. Guard retention, and pin escapes are basically all I truly care to learn right now.

Im generally a fast learner, so bjj is awesome because there’s so much to learn, not only a technique to start, but efficiency, etc also comes to play. Proper form, proper technique and set up etc.

Yeah I’m pretty addicted. My gym is unreal too, there’s a handful of us new white belts and rest are all colour. So every day you get to roll with purples - blacks and try out what you learn and really test yourself. I feel like it’s sky rocketed my learning because then when you roll with someone similar to your skill level it’s way easier to use techniques you’ve learned etc.

First comp on Feb, looking forward to it
Jan 11 2023 01:55pm
Quote (Tear @ Jan 11 2023 01:41pm)
Newer white belt here, and loving bjj.
I’m taking the danaher approach to my white belt training and learning to fight from my back. Guard retention, and pin escapes are basically all I truly care to learn right now.

Im generally a fast learner, so bjj is awesome because there’s so much to learn, not only a technique to start, but efficiency, etc also comes to play. Proper form, proper technique and set up etc.

Yeah I’m pretty addicted. My gym is unreal too, there’s a handful of us new white belts and rest are all colour. So every day you get to roll with purples - blacks and try out what you learn and really test yourself. I feel like it’s sky rocketed my learning because then when you roll with someone similar to your skill level it’s way easier to use techniques you’ve learned etc.

First comp on Feb, looking forward to it

Sounds awesome and can't go wrong with Danaher. Sounds like you're at a good gym too. If it's all white belts and no or very few color belts, run!
Gold: 28,680.00
Jan 13 2023 10:30am
Purple belt in Bjj, usually go inside or outside trips the most for takedowns but will take whatever is available
Go Back To Martial Arts, Boxing & Wrestling Topic List
123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll