d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Strategy & Guides > Assassin Whirlwind And Trap Laying Speed Guide > D2:R
Prev1101112131415Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 245,962.00
Jan 11 2023 06:54pm
Quote (iPistol @ 12 Jan 2023 01:51)
thank you, so you are saying shadow master prefer to use skills that have more hard points, yes? definitly will try all of your suggestions to experience.

Yes. :hug:
Gold: 530.40
Jan 11 2023 08:02pm
Quote (Dazer_Boosting @ Jan 11 2023 05:51pm)
No! Dont listen to these outdated guides or info from that self-proclaimed "#1 sin teacher" Bui6Pays40Percent4Wins :D

Hybrid Assassin Built [cheap variant] - https://maxroll.gg/d2/d2planner/ij0106sh
Hybrid Assassin Built [expensive variant] - https://maxroll.gg/d2/d2planner/od010634

These 2 links should help you (trap gcs instead shadow gcs if you wanna go hard trap based ofc, but shadow gcs give so much more overall that I always would advertise to use shadow gcs) :) As always some gear or built choices can be slightly changed, based on personal pref. as usual!

Yes let’s use a rare claw worse than fury or chaos.

Makes sense.
Gold: 4,787.00
Jan 12 2023 02:16am
Quote (Dazer_Boosting @ Aug 6 2022 08:55pm)
You only really need a cham against windy druids or in mirror matches imo.
But ofc in these matches when you are forced to have a cham, then you want rt/rt combo!

I am a little late to the party but

vs druids feral runic is better than runic runic
Since in both cases you are on 10fpa traps 4fpa ww (unless you 15/40 your runic talon mainhand claw, but then you lose ow)
Vs necros feral runic > runic runic, since with BoS you cover more than 50 slow from golem, so even with feral runic with bos and golem slow, you are at 9fpa traps 4fpa ww (just like runic runic)
Vs lightning and fire sorc you could say that runic/runic would let you reach 9fpa traps as opposed to 10 fpa on feral, but it's a good idea to use BoS vs them (especially esfb - to avoid meteor and other projectiles)
Vs cold sorc, again, you need cham in griffon, so you are left with 10fpa traps regardless of feral or runic (again assuming in both cases claw has only UM)

I'm really not sure why runic is considered #1, in my opinion it's feral since it simply has more dmg

Just throwing my two cents
Gold: 222.69
Jan 12 2023 02:32am
Does Sin’s Whirlwind have 2 4FPA free attacks like the Barb’s?
Jan 12 2023 04:11am
Quote (Tarisus @ Jan 12 2023 09:32am)
Does Sin’s Whirlwind have 2 4FPA free attacks like the Barb’s?

yes
Gold: 6.25
Jan 12 2023 04:22am
Too many people are treating this thread with disrespect. Dazer has helped new assassin players by creating a clear and detailed blueprint to be competitive. He has givin them somewhere to start. Ofc, especially for experienced players, not everyone is going to build their sin exactly the same. That's the beauty of this game. Asking him why he chooses certain setups in certain situations is fine. We all see he is happy to answer these questions. But, trying to defend your build, whilst bashing his, is totally off topic and disrespectful.
Jan 12 2023 04:28am
Quote (Supafool @ Jan 12 2023 11:22am)
Too many people are treating this thread with disrespect. Dazer has helped new assassin players by creating a clear and detailed blueprint to be competitive. He has givin them somewhere to start. Ofc, especially for experienced players, not everyone is going to build their sin exactly the same. That's the beauty of this game. Asking him why he chooses certain setups in certain situations is fine. We all see he is happy to answer these questions. But, trying to defend your build, whilst bashing his, is totally off topic and disrespectful.

I'm not sure if this was directed towards me too.

I simply stated my views, if you feel like i was wrong feel free to provide a counterpoint, i'm happy to discuss. I believe I wasn't being disrespectful in any way.

My main idea was that vs druids you reach same breakpoints with runic/runic and feral/runic (10fpa traps, 4fpa ww). But with feral u got more dmg.

Vs necros you reach same breakpoint 4 fpa ww 9 fpa traps, BUT it's worth mentioning that in order to reach 9fpa traps on feral/runic you need ias/ed jewel in griffon, whereas with runic/runic you can put dol in griffon and still reach 9fpa traps (im talking about 50 slow golem and 26 BoS). So basically vs necros it pretty much comes down to what you value more: higher dmg (feral and also 15/40 for more dmg), or less damage, but more life rep (dol in griffon with runic/runic).

I agree that vs necro its arguable, but vs druid Feral/runic > Runic/runic for sure.

Also, I am not advertising "my build", its basically the same build, I'm just expressing why i think feral/runic is better in many scenarios than runic/runic.
The goal of this topic is to discuss ww mechanics, it's not off topic

This post was edited by kin198989 on Jan 12 2023 04:57am
Gold: 6.25
Jan 12 2023 05:11am
Quote (kin198989 @ Jan 12 2023 11:28am)
I'm not sure if this was directed towards me too.

I simply stated my views, if you feel like i was wrong feel free to provide a counterpoint, i'm happy to discuss. I believe I wasn't being disrespectful in any way.

My main idea was that vs druids you reach same breakpoints with runic/runic and feral/runic (10fpa traps, 4fpa ww). But with feral u got more dmg.

Vs necros you reach same breakpoint 4 fpa ww 9 fpa traps, BUT it's worth mentioning that in order to reach 9fpa traps on feral/runic you need ias/ed jewel in griffon, whereas with runic/runic you can put dol in griffon and still reach 9fpa traps (im talking about 50 slow golem and 26 BoS). So basically vs necros it pretty much comes down to what you value more: higher dmg (feral and also 15/40 for more dmg), or less damage, but more life rep (dol in griffon with runic/runic).

I agree that vs necro its arguable, but vs druid Feral/runic > Runic/runic for sure.

Also, I am not advertising "my build", its basically the same build, I'm just expressing why i think feral/runic is better in many scenarios than runic/runic.
The goal of this topic is to discuss ww mechanics, it's not off topic

No brother, wasn't directed at you at all. Bad timing on my part maybe? :hug:
Jan 12 2023 05:16am
Quote (Supafool @ Jan 12 2023 12:11pm)
No brother, wasn't directed at you at all. Bad timing on my part maybe? :hug:

No problem, all good =)

I really wasn't looking to "start a fight" my intention was to shed some light on what was best (primarily vs druid)
But anyway, a good assassin should have many claws vs different matchups.
Gold: 245,962.00
Jan 12 2023 05:18am
Quote (kin198989 @ 12 Jan 2023 09:16)
I am a little late to the party but

vs druids feral runic is better than runic runic
Since in both cases you are on 10fpa traps 4fpa ww (unless you 15/40 your runic talon mainhand claw, but then you lose ow)
Vs necros feral runic > runic runic, since with BoS you cover more than 50 slow from golem, so even with feral runic with bos and golem slow, you are at 9fpa traps 4fpa ww (just like runic runic)
Vs lightning and fire sorc you could say that runic/runic would let you reach 9fpa traps as opposed to 10 fpa on feral, but it's a good idea to use BoS vs them (especially esfb - to avoid meteor and other projectiles)
Vs cold sorc, again, you need cham in griffon, so you are left with 10fpa traps regardless of feral or runic (again assuming in both cases claw has only UM)

I'm really not sure why runic is considered #1, in my opinion it's feral since it simply has more dmg

Just throwing my two cents

From my testings the only viable feral chaos was vs nec because of your bos. You wanna use chaos always as offhand and fury or fools or cruels claws as mainhand. Since chaos only got 35ias you wont reach 4fpa ww speed because 39ias needed and you need the cham in griffon vs druids.
9 or 10 fpa traplayspeed no matter at all in any setup really (except a full trap claws setup - trapsin playstyle) because in that patch u just can escape too easy mind blast + trap hits without the fhr system so you should always focus on ww dmg and have the target to reach everytime 4 fpa ww speed.

I had back there 3 chaos claws, feral claws / runic talons / suwayyah and all with 3ls 1bs 1df. I used fc chaos against necros (because i still had max fpa speed after golem slows because of bos), I used suwayyah against hdins or amas (with a storm shield setup) since i still reached max fpa speed because of bos, I used runic talons against everyone else since u only reached max fpa ww speed here because of fade. The only chance to make chaos feral claws viable meanwhile u used fade was a 15ias in circ which I also played vs 1-2 setups first but then realized the extra dmg from fc compared to rt isnt that huge after pvp penaltys and like i already said 9 or 10 traplaying is no big difference at all, so I even changed my style vs those 1-2 potential matchups and didnt used 15/40 griffon but anything else in griffon. I had 5 griffons which I choosed wisely depending on my opponent: cham, ber, dol, jah, lo

This post was edited by Dazer_Boosting on Jan 12 2023 05:26am
Go Back To Strategy & Guides Topic List
Prev1101112131415Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll