d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Strategy & Guides > Tyson Gold Find Barb > D2:R
1235Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 10,720.00
Warn: 20%
Jun 12 2022 07:55pm

lets not fuss too much for who i am that's irrelevant for our purpose here

three simple things about me:

1. im a fast paced guy - i hate trading cuz it takes days to complete a deal - i drive like a maniac cuz i hate stopping in traffic - and i definitely don't like to wait around for my merc to kill shet for me when i could've done it faster.

2. i spent way too much time on d2 since LOD and this god damn goldfind barb

3. im sick of people asking if my barb uses GAVEL OF PAIN and/or do i need one

"Diablo 2 is a game for aiming perfection in your preference, and easier to play according to your style.
The more you play your barb, the more efficient he should be, becoming faster, better, stronger, harder to be killed.
GAVEL OF PAIN DOES NOT MAKE YOUR LIFE EASIER" - Alan Watts

Tyson Barb

Kills Travincal in 30 seconds

No Repairs needed every few games for your god damn GAVEL OF PAIN Amp 3/3 Charges or 25 charges TELEPORT AMULET

No need to worry if your merc died and you have to go back to town to revive him, YOU CAN REVIVE EMILIO NEXT GAME

Be the Hero get in there and knockout those council fkers and claim your gold once the round starts

if the above sounds your like jam, then lets get started

As you should know by now, we want speed, killing everything fast as possible while maintaining efficiency in finding those piles of gold.
Get in there aggressively and kill everything right in round one, kill the whole Travincal council family leaving no offspring except gold.
Kill everything, in 30 seconds, angrily collecting gold.
jah nice

What you will have with this build:

Fastest Travincal Kill Speed
Maximum Gold find potential
Not reliant on charges, repairs, or silly mercs that will slow you down
fuck physical immune

Before we get into the gears, heres what you want to achieve via items:

i will list from BIS (Best In Slot), then down to gears that are totally functionable without any problems
heres the mods you would want for an more comfortable gameplay
as long as you follow these few guidelines listed below, you can tweak around the build yourself

CBF - Cannot Be Frozen so you don't get slowed to wasabi, affecting run/walk & attack speed
Tele - Teleport to make your life easier and treat yourself nicely with the wealth you earned
42% IAS Breakpoint - Increased Attack Speed for maximum ias bp
Max RES - Fire/Lightning/Cold Resists incase you get instagib'd by enchanted super councils, nobody likes dying right?

73%+ Find Item Drop Chance yup, 73% drop chance buff since d2r 2.4 patch baby
2k+ GF - Gold Find Hork - which is totally enough which averages about 500k per run, highest still tops out over 900k+ per run
100+ MF - Magic Find adjust according to your own preference, if you like rares/uniques you can bump these up

No Cold Damage On Items - this is very important, you do not want raven frosts or any weapon that will cause corspes to chill, leaving you nothing to hork

Tyson Barb Gear

Maxroll D2 Planner
https://d2.maxroll.gg/d2planner/v00106am

Helm

Magic Tiara/Diadem 80% GF 3 open socket Cham Lem Lem - the ultimate head piece for extra perfectionists with 180% GF /w Cham
Crown of Thieves Cham- huge fire resists so you don't have to worry about resist charms with huge goldfind - i still use this :banana:
IK Helm - Cham Lem - if you want extra MF, losing fire resists

Armor

Enigma - Yeah im sick of teleport amulets man, i want unlimited power, unlimited usage of teleportation, makes life easier, quality of life changes, AND I CAN AFFORD IT.

Wealth - your goto armor before you can use enigma, but im done with it and so should you

Gloves

Chance Guards

Belt

Goldwrap - for 10ias to max your IAS BP, gives everything you need mf, gf

Trang Belt - only use this if you cannot afford a Cham Rune for Cannot Be Frozen

Boots

Rare Boots - look for these stats in priority > goldfind > Faster Run/Walk > Fire res > Light res > Cold Res > Magic find

Infernostrides - they're good and cheap nothing wrong using these, however rare boots with other extra resists provide more survivability from enchanted councils and potential magic find stats

Rings

Dwarf Stars

Amulet

Crafted FCR Caster Amulet - look for these stats in priority > 80% Goldfind > 9 FCR BP or 20 FCR BP > Resists > Barb Skills

Rando - whatever that has goldfind, the rest doesnt matter resists skills anything that you find

Weapon 1

Grief Phase Blade 32+ IAS - this is where you become the Tyson Barb, you need minimum of 32+ IAS to hit total of 42% max ias bp

Off Hand

6 Lem Weapon - 6 open socket with 6 lems, 450% Gold Find

2 Lem Ali Baba - if you want extra magic find this is the one, gives 90%+ MF and 375%+ Gold Find - i use this cuz i like items too :banana:

Ryhme Shield - you will only use this where you cant find another option to get Cannot Be Frozen mod, otherwise it gives pretty good resist, mf and about 55%'ish block rate

Hork Switch

6 Lem Weapon x2 - 900% Gold Find

2 Lem Ali Baba x2 - 750%+ Gold Find, 180%+ Magic Find

CTA & HOTO BO WEAPONS - you dont need it

Inventory

Barb Torch

Anni

Gheeds

Gold Find GCs & SCs - adjust amount if you like inventory space or not, secondary mods for charms are resists > max damage > attack rating > MF

Emilio Gear

Act 2 Might Merc - might aura boosts both your damage, and you do not want holy freeze aura as it chills corpses

Ethereal Crown of Thieves Upgraded Cham - This is one BIS piece of the puzzle of not letting him die from Conviction Aura, 33% fire resists, life leech and gold find, your merc needs to deal damage to leech life, CBF will aid his survival

Ethereal Chains of Honor - you do not want to use fort since chilling armor will freeze corpses, this is your BIS armor for damage boosting 200% Enhanced Damage against Demons(councils), 2skills, life leech, damage reduction, magic find and 65 all resists vs Conviction Aura

Ethereal Breath of the Dying Ghost Spear, Giant Thresher - biggest damage weapon comes with lifeleech, IAS and no cold damage, both bases are fine depending if you like bruce lee speed or tyson punches
Ghost Spear reaches 11fpa at 48ias bp, but offers more damage at about 1000 weapon damage - i use this cuz i ayy guess my mercs damage like big numbers lol
Giant Thresher reaches 10fpa at 52ias bp, faster than Ghost Spear but lower damage at about 800 weapon damage kinda sissy tho ngl

Cham will provide him Cannot Be Frozen so he doesn't get crippled at leeching properly
Mass Damage, Increased Attack Speed & Mass Life Leech from all three items - these are what will keep him alive
Stacked Fire Resists - So he won't die from Conviction Aura

Stats

Strength: Enough to wear gear
Dexterity: Enough to wear Grief Phase Blade at 136
Vitality: Rest

Skills

Max Battle Orders for being a barb, plus synergies to main skill
Max Item Find for maximum drop percentage
Max Find Potion for Item Find synergy, 1% increase drop chance per level
Max Berserk as this is your main attack to knockout everything easily
Rest Into Sword Mastery to increase attack rating and chance to critical strike
One into Leap which is useful to leap between two levels while Emilio does the killing when you're busting horking
Extra points into Natural Resist IF you are not well equipped yet to have high resistances

Jun 12 2022 07:56pm
The Verdict

Killing Speed vs. Stacking more gold find

Every gold find run differs in amounts of gold, even if you stacked an absurd amount of 3000% extra gold find, you will still have runs that will drop below 200k or 300k range
i've done tests on single player with hero editor and found out the conclusion that goldfinding is exactly like magic finding, boosting magic find DOES increase your chance of finding more rares uniques
however the amount is identical to rng, (x)gold find increases from 0% to (y)100% - (z)1000%, so as long as your (x)gold find is sufficient - you can find amounts within x and y range, it might be either the lowest of gold amount 200k gold or highest amount 1000k gold
the main idea here is, get 'ENOUGH' gold find, then maximize on speed and focus on average amount/time

in the end killing speed is still king for D2, even if i've sacrificed a weapon slot using Grief, the amount of time spent filling up 3 shared stash is another world less compared to waiting for the merc to do all the work
and repairing teleport/amp/enchant charges wasting time doing things that is totally unnecessary to being efficient.

even with using Grief i can still pop over 900k occasionally on some runs, most will end up exactly the same amount of dual wielding gold find weapons but instead with doubled the speed per run
pitzerkers or any zerker build can single handedly farm any areas of the game, including killing bosses very efficiently. i also have a chaos zerker which can basically farm every area and bosses of the game so i know the power of it

farming gold is also not about just gold, trav council super uniques have the highest chance of dropping high runes in this game at 1:83693 chance, with hephasto, nilathak and radament ranging at 1:55000~60000 chance
act bosses such as mephisto, diablo, baal is also at the range of 1:60000 to dropping high runes, in comparison trav councils yield the best title of farming hrs on online bnet p1, not to mention you'll find more rare/unique items as well.

The True Problem with Travincal Farming

Travincal always was a rough place for players to farm due to their power, amplify damage curses and auras such as conviction lowering your resists, holy freeze or fanaticism creating the toughest mobs to kill
and everybody is always debating on gear selection of how to let your merc survive everything, and kill everything efficiently. the problem is even if your merc is top geared like bruce wayne, he's still mortal will eventually STILL die due to councils spawning strong auras or enchants
if the councils spawn holy freeze, conviction aura, fanaticism along with stone skin or physical immune, you better hope your buffing charges would make a good use before you have to go back to town and revive or esc to the next game
your biggest concerns are physical immunity, hence trying to rely using curses or reapers which still takes time and its a bad idea, the skill berserk converts physical damage into magic damage - no council is immune to that sushi ok

so as in anything you would deal a problem is, find the problem and fucking hammer a nail in.

the super unique councils are the problem, therefore - kill the super uniques yourself. let Emilio do the rest
after the super uniques are dead thats when you can switch back to your Hork Switch (x2 lem weapons) for maximum gold find, while he does the easy work you can hork along.
the general idea is to keep being busy, you charge into travincal, bust the uniques first and create some body's, then when the danger alert drops down your free to immediately hork in peace when you are 100% certain Emilio will not die to random auras

General Routine

Get into Travincal
Kill the Super Uniques first - if they are too strong, kill a couple of weaklings as well
Switch to Hork weapons after the Super Unique Councils are dead
Hork while Emilio does the work on weak Councils
Kill a few more weak Councils with Grief if you want to be faster
You are not sacrificing gold from Super Uniques by slapping them with Grief - only by a very very very silly unnoticeable amount to even worry about
Keep your fingers busy, you're either bashing a monster's head in or you are horking dead demons for treasure, actions per minute is king to an efficient farm run

Each to there own
Put a ID tome in your stash so you can ID items along the way
most of you are probably used to going to Act 4 after you killed Trav so you dont need to walk in Act 3, but as im lazy and i find the loading times in D2R not worth it, i'd just ESC after trav is dead, and i have enigma so my frw isn't slow lol - but to each preference, you decide

FAQ

Q. You haven't listed too much alterative items in the gear section, what should I look out for before I can obtain BIS items?
A. BIS items are always a goal during the process, anything will work along the way except for being a little more difficult at the beginning which is totally alright, you can use this as a guideline while you grow towards collecting your arsenal.
So don't worry too much if you aren't well prepared, get into it, if you like it you'll keep going until you get it. Remember after you obtained the BIS gear, thats when you truly start farming.

Q. Can I use Whirlwind as my main attack skill?
A. Berserk converts physical damage into magic damage, councils will never be immune to magic damage. They can only be immune to Elements and Physical. So no Johnny, you don't want to use Whirlwind if you want Quality Of LIFe

Q. Before I get a Grief Phase Blade, what else can I use?
A. Any weapon that has high damage, boom boom pow

Q. Why not Grief Berserker Axe?
A. Berserker Axe is slower than Phase Blade, with PB you can hit max 9fpa with only 42ias which makes you a monster, and its indestructible = nn gold to repair :rofl:

Q. If I'm really lazy and don't want to press a single button, is there another way?
A. Yes, get an Act 2 Might Emilio, give him Crown of Thieves Cham, Fortitude, and Ethereal Reaper's Toll socketed with an Shael rune to hit the next ias bp - Emilio will never die, but you will have less bodies to hork, and less buttons to press..... afk netflix zzzzz

Q. Do you think Gavel of
A. FUCK GAVEL OF PAIN

Heart Speech
tbh i read Exokek's niap fo levag's guide a long while back, i hated it so much but i have to say his writing is top notch, just for the write-up itself i would give it 10/10
it's like going to a second hand car shop, if that fella gave me an introduction of a dark green 30 year old corolla and tried convince me it runs faster than a 2014 bmw m2
i kid you not i would buy that corolla in a snap after reading that thing, his writing is so good i read the whole thing twice.
so dont worry man, i love your write-up! respects sincerely

thats it boys, if you finished reading this you're a champ
hope ya'll have fun goldfinding and find shit load of gg's
thanks for your time and im gona go make me a sandwich now

:banana:
Gold: 12,335.22
Jun 12 2022 08:49pm
The True Problem with Travincal Farming

Travincal always was a rough place for players to farm due to their power, amplify damage curses and auras such as conviction lowering your resists, holy freeze or fanaticism creating the toughest mobs to kill
and everybody is always debating on gear selection of how to let your merc survive everything, and kill everything efficiently. the problem is even if your merc is top geared like bruce wayne, he's still mortal will eventually STILL die due to councils spawning strong auras or enchants
if the councils spawn holy freeze, conviction aura, fanaticism along with stone skin or physical immune, you better hope your buffing charges would make a good use before you have to go back to town and revive or esc to the next game
your biggest concerns are physical immunity, hence trying to rely using curses or reapers which still takes time and its a bad idea, the skill berserk converts physical damage into magic damage - no council is immune to that sushi ok

There's no way you need to justify the build like this. It's enough to just want to play the game this way vs the alternative.

Edit: Also Botd WP is best base for your suggested armor/helm combo.

This post was edited by BrianPeppers on Jun 12 2022 08:54pm
Gold: 463.90
Warn: 10%
Jun 12 2022 09:05pm
3/10 guide needs more schako
Gold: 224,393.50
Jun 12 2022 10:34pm
gonna make a hero edited sp char and see how this plays. i've tried the leap build and the gavel build so im curious to see where this ranks with my style.

i am questioning the whole goldfind thing tho. on sc ladder you can buy 10m vs 20 fg so if you wanna give yourself the best odds of gambeling something useful isn't it just overall better to just buy igg vs fg?
Gold: 7,785.00
Jun 12 2022 11:43pm
This build is ok in case you can already afford all the top tier items like enigma and grief, but it blows up until then.

It's worse in terms of time to gold cap (lacking 300 eg from wealth if you wear an enigma, 450/225 on kills due to no Ali baba on kill).

Needs more res from inventory because you have fewer points to spend on natural resistances (needs sword mastery instead)

I found it to be less safe than the WC option, due to no CC

The upside of this build: I guess you don't have to repair your gear, so that's nice
Gold: 397.00
Warn: 60%
Jun 13 2022 12:11am
Probably works. Still quite high range gear though, which will be expensive for anyone.

One thing i challenge anyone making guides to do, is to make a video with 10 runs with the build. And don't stress, just 10 normal speed runs. Just to see how it works.
Jun 13 2022 04:20pm
Quote (BrianPeppers @ Jun 13 2022 10:49am)
There's no way you need to justify the build like this. It's enough to just want to play the game this way vs the alternative.

Edit: Also Botd WP is best base for your suggested armor/helm combo.

warpike only hits 13fpa without ias on gear, so i really enjoy the 11fpa/10fpa of my merc slash n hacking

justifying alternative style to vs alternative style :banana:

Quote (Return_of_Jeremy_Fisher @ Jun 13 2022 11:05am)
3/10 guide needs more schako

cham schako 10/10 viable yeeett

Quote (Princippet @ Jun 13 2022 12:34pm)
gonna make a hero edited sp char and see how this plays. i've tried the leap build and the gavel build so im curious to see where this ranks with my style.

i am questioning the whole goldfind thing tho. on sc ladder you can buy 10m vs 20 fg so if you wanna give yourself the best odds of gambeling something useful isn't it just overall better to just buy igg vs fg?

well i'd say u can buy igg vs fg and gamble it off, but if you really want the gg items like 30frw/3os tiaras 20fcr/3os gg 20fcr circlets, its gonna take a long way to get that jackpot - spending about 15mins for x4 full stash and gamble urself for the long haul is definitely a good investment vs mfing imo

Quote (Darvulat @ Jun 13 2022 01:43pm)
This build is ok in case you can already afford all the top tier items like enigma and grief, but it blows up until then.

It's worse in terms of time to gold cap (lacking 300 eg from wealth if you wear an enigma, 450/225 on kills due to no Ali baba on kill).

Needs more res from inventory because you have fewer points to spend on natural resistances (needs sword mastery instead)

I found it to be less safe than the WC option, due to no CC

The upside of this build: I guess you don't have to repair your gear, so that's nice

you can bust extra pts early on for natural resists like i mentioned in the skills section
but yeah i do think WC is a safer option, however i still prefer speed in killing cuz i also mf for items/high runes and not just gold
before you can get a grief basically all weapons are viable too, including weapons like obedience, death or anything that has high damage
you only aim to ditch items that will shatter corpses in order to be efficient when you can afford them

Quote (Taurean @ Jun 13 2022 02:11pm)
Probably works. Still quite high range gear though, which will be expensive for anyone.

One thing i challenge anyone making guides to do, is to make a video with 10 runs with the build. And don't stress, just 10 normal speed runs. Just to see how it works.

yes indeed, so like i said before you get BIS, anything is viable as long as you can kill trav - this is only a general guideline on being fully efficient once you obtain them
the only thing that would matter without BIS items is killing speed, time investment, and avg gold per run - i used many items that were totally inefficient starting on ladder but this is a final goal if you wanna really slam haha

i also did think about making a video lol, but i think trying out for yourself really makes a difference than watching rather than feeling it ;)

This post was edited by HK21 on Jun 13 2022 04:25pm
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 40%
Jun 13 2022 05:19pm
Thank you
Gold: 12,335.22
Jun 13 2022 08:59pm
warpike only hits 13fpa without ias on gear, so i really enjoy the 11fpa/10fpa of my merc slash n hacking

justifying alternative style to vs alternative style :banana:

So you enjoy your merc doing less damage for no reason, okay lol!
Go Back To Strategy & Guides Topic List
1235Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll