d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Strategy & Guides > Tyson Gold Find Barb > D2:R
Prev12345Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 10,720.00
Warn: 20%
Jun 13 2022 09:59pm
Quote (BrianPeppers @ Jun 14 2022 10:59am)
So you enjoy your merc doing less damage for no reason, okay lol!

yes im a sucker for speed LOL :hug:
Gold: 12,335.22
Jun 14 2022 02:22am
Quote (HK21 @ Jun 13 2022 08:59pm)
https://i.ibb.co/TqtwMWH/gpwp.png

Jab accounts for 80%+ of merc attacks, the damage spread between WP and GT is 1000dps.
Gold: 2,170.00
Jun 14 2022 02:35am
got a video?
Gold: 3,330.00
Jun 14 2022 04:20am
Maybe with the new Find Potion it's more efficient this way? I'm not sure.

For high end Goldfinder that isn't fully Merc-based & doesn't use Gavel of Pain this is what I have as setups.
With Enigma: https://d2.maxroll.gg/d2planner/2801061m#10
No Enigma, Tele Amulet + Wealth: https://d2.maxroll.gg/d2planner/2801061m#16

Can probably mess with Laying of Hands over Chance Guards.

Comes out to 1690~ Goldfind, 2-range Zerk, 37FCR breakpoint, or 1950+GF on the Wealth setup. The FRW of Enigma is relevant if you're DPSing, so it's fine.
Getting 37FCR+ is pretty sick for efficiency; Tele is faster, horking is faster, etc. It's really solid and I'd try to get that in there no matter what.
Getting a LL/Mana leech source to use with Concentrate when you need the refill. Can move 3 points into WW if you're even too lazy for that.

I always set the enemy as Toorc Icefist to calculate DPS on Maxroll, because Stone Skin is a pain in the ass & and it even spawns on other Council members.

Infinity on Merc gives you and the Merc 95% chance to hit, even with Stone Skin, which the affix that can take slows down average runs massively.

Quote (HK21 @ 13 Jun 2022 23:59)
https://i.ibb.co/TqtwMWH/gpwp.png

I mean, most of the Merc's damage is Jab, and it's not close at all.
Merc survivability is easiest with Guardian Angel/3os LL circlet with resist jewels. Goldfind on Merc is even more irrelevant now, with Find Potion adding such a big % to our yield.

Zerking with a PB main hand is clunkier than a 2-range weapon; given the almost nonexistent difference at Trav, you might as well just get the thing that makes chasing easier.
I kinda like the setup you've got, but losing % points on Find Item long term is a huge hit long term compared to a more traditional WC/GF charm setups.

I'll mess with this kind of idea a bit more, maybe.
My guide is due for a big update, but I'm dealing with way too much other stuff IRL to remake it for now.
Maybe one day.

This post was edited by Exokek on Jun 14 2022 04:22am
Gold: 224,393.50
Jun 14 2022 05:19am
Quote (HK21 @ Jun 14 2022 12:20am)
spending about 15mins for x4 full stash

that's very impressive speed!

Quote (Exokek @ Jun 14 2022 12:20pm)
Getting 37FCR+ is pretty sick for efficiency; Tele is faster, horking is faster, etc. It's really solid and I'd try to get that in there no matter what.

once you go 37% there's no turning back :P literally, there's no turning back!
Jun 14 2022 05:22am
Quote (Exokek @ Jun 14 2022 06:20pm)
Maybe with the new Find Potion it's more efficient this way? I'm not sure.

For high end Goldfinder that isn't fully Merc-based & doesn't use Gavel of Pain this is what I have as setups.
With Enigma: https://d2.maxroll.gg/d2planner/2801061m#10
No Enigma, Tele Amulet + Wealth: https://d2.maxroll.gg/d2planner/2801061m#16

Can probably mess with Laying of Hands over Chance Guards.

Comes out to 1690~ Goldfind, 2-range Zerk, 37FCR breakpoint, or 1950+GF on the Wealth setup. The FRW of Enigma is relevant if you're DPSing, so it's fine.
Getting a LL/Mana leech source to use with Concentrate when you need the refill. Can move 3 points into WW if you're even too lazy for that.

I always set the enemy as Toorc Icefist to calculate DPS on Maxroll, because Stone Skin is a pain in the ass & and it even spawns on other Council members.

Infinity on Merc gives you and the Merc 95% chance to hit, even with Stone Skin, which the affix that can take slows down average runs massively.

I mean, most of the Merc's damage is Jab, and it's not close at all.
Merc survivability is easiest with Guardian Angel/3os LL circlet with resist jewels. Goldfind on Merc is even more irrelevant now, with Find Potion adding such a big % to our yield.

Zerking with a PB main hand is clunkier than a 2-range weapon; given the almost nonexistent difference at Trav, you might as well just get the thing that makes chasing easier.
I kinda like the setup you've got, but losing % points on Find Item long term is a huge hit long term compared to a more traditional WC/GF charm setups.

I'll mess with this kind of idea a bit more, maybe.
My guide is due for a big update, but I'm dealing with way too much other stuff IRL to remake it for now.
Maybe one day.

what is uppp man

I just checked out your maxroll build, that infinity idea looks sick af
stoneskin was always a troublemaker, using conviction aura to boost ar both zerk and emilio is a brilliant idea I might have to try that out! The extra range on Grief zerker doesn't bother me much tho, ive tried both z and pb the zerker is just way too slow for me unless I use an beast offhand, traded it for a pb in less than 20 minutes. For my chaos zerker I do use 37fcr bp minimum without switch and yes it does feel a whole lot better too and less clunky, trav is less tele dependant tho so either 9 or 20 is plenty imo

The damage on berserk is pretty strong already, 2-3 hits to kill a super unique so I think laying of hands would be too much of a overkill, plus 200eg on chance is too good to pass up. And yeah I use conc to leech w cot when my life is low lmao so I dont need health potions :rofl:

"I kinda like the setup you've got, but losing % points on Find Item long term is a huge hit long term compared to a more traditional WC/GF charm setups"

losing pts in find item? I have both maxed, or did you mean +skill item-wise?

ive also tried the a5 merc recently with grief/headstriker etc, since I've been zerking a lot and less dependant for emilio, the taunt and movement speed is pretty good for distracting councils when you're horking/id'ing items, I know act 2 merc is dominant after all but whats your thoughts about a frenzy bro?

I'll be looking forward to your new remake, I loved reading yours would love to know your new thoughts :thumbsup:
Gold: 6,200.80
Jun 14 2022 12:53pm
so you say you can get 10 mil gold in 15 minutes? it takes me almost 30 minutes to get 11 million with leap, the mobs die very fast i don't know how the hell i could significantly speed up the run

i am using an arioc's needle on the merc and gavel of pain, repairing every 3 runs and the repairs don't really slow you down that much

how fast are you guys filling up the stash? can you really do it in 15 minutes? got any videos?
Jun 14 2022 10:35pm

so its about 20 minutes with id'ing items in between for x4 shared stash and bashing most monsters urself - usually i just grind for 3 shared stash so it'll be around 15 minutes or less incase i need gold to provide my pvp chars

can be improved with x6 lem swords imo since i do like running alibaba extra mf for rare/unique items

no repairs at all in between just bash n horking

This post was edited by HK21 on Jun 14 2022 10:39pm
Gold: 3,330.00
Jun 15 2022 03:58am
Quote (HK21 @ 15 Jun 2022 00:35)
https://i.ibb.co/VHJ34fV/tyson1.png

https://i.ibb.co/0XkKZCm/tyson2.png

so its about 20 minutes with id'ing items in between for x4 shared stash and bashing most monsters urself - usually i just grind for 3 shared stash so it'll be around 15 minutes or less incase i need gold to provide my pvp chars

can be improved with x6 lem swords imo since i do like running alibaba extra mf for rare/unique items

no repairs at all in between just bash n horking

Yes; with the new Find Potion change & no game cooldown it's about 15 mins to fill up.
Gold: 15,152.80
Jun 15 2022 05:28am
Did you try to play with the new A5 merc?

I'm using that one on my FoH and I really like the dmg

Current setup is
Eth Arreats
Eth Forti
Eth upped Headstriker
Eth Plague (with Cleansing Aura it could be nice for shorter curse time at travincal)

maxroll says the dmg of Frenzy A5 >>> A2 Emilio
Go Back To Strategy & Guides Topic List
Prev12345Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll