d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate >
Poll > Joe Biden Assures That The Us Will Defend Taiwan
Prev13456714Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 9,484.00
May 23 2022 10:43am
Quote (player11167 @ May 23 2022 12:24pm)
If it's not just empty words, then Joe Biden ought to commit US troops to Taiwan like in Japan. Based on Russia's pathetic performance in Ukraine, nobody ought to be afraid of China beating the US. We can crush them into fine powder if they step out of line.

Naa

Look at what's happening in the world with just one single commodity exporter being Russia that's marginalized and pushed out of world trade. It's an absolute economic catastrophe, it's not localized to eastern Europe but literally causing issues globally and we're only 3 months into it.

Now take an economy that's 10x Russia's and is exponentially more integrated and crucial to the global economy which China is. We'll literally have riots in the streets 3 months if China decided to stop trade.

It'd be nice if Taiwan had autonomy and was it's own sovereignty but at the end of the day it's not central to our existence.
Gold: 48,210.00
May 23 2022 11:28am
Quote (bogie160 @ 24 May 2022 00:39)
Richer, wealthier, a more stable government and a stronger, flourishing civil society. If the Nationalists had won the civil war we'd be much better off.

Taiwan is horrified by what is going on in Hong Kong. So are those of us who are familiar with the political, press, and court freedoms they used to enjoy. It is great that you live in Hong Kong, and I'm sure that that gives you a unique perspective, but no more unique than the Hong Kongers who are since fled, or those that stayed and are in prison as a result of falling on the wrong side of the CCP / democracy divide.

No the nationalist are not better off then the Commies, they are the same.
Read White Terror in Taiwan
The triads have a huge controlling stake in the Taiwanese government.
They are not a flourishing society, although they were for a while. The wealth gap is huge.
For a commie country Beijing, Guangzhou , Shenzhen and Shanghai have already catch up and taken over Taiwan in terms wages.

Why I know , I go to KTV 3 to 4 times a month , I sit Taiwanese girls all the time in HK.
3K HKD for 3 Hours , price have risen and normally i will sit 2 or 3 girls for 2 parts which means 6 hours . My entire group of friends like to go KTV. I have made some very good female Taiwanese friends and I have first hand information of what Taiwan is like on top of the friends that I have in mainland Taiwan.
Democracy, human rights and political freedom have been abused to no ends in our day and age.
We are still using common law in Hong Kong. There are not in prison because of democratic speech, they are in it for sedition and riot. Some of these so called politicians is asking for outright independence.
I see the "democratic" camp beating up, burning and ex communicate friends and families because of difference in opinion. Yes you are right, freedom of speech and democracy failed.
I met foreign actors who are teaching them and setting up camps for the protest, giving them instructions to wreck Hong Kong into oblivion.
I am not about to allow BLM style of protest to happen in Hong Kong.

By the way I am a Singaporean.

Taiwan is sovereign by definition.

It manages its domestic affairs independently, without outside interference. It behooved the United States to give China defacto recognition because of the need to split the Chinese and the Soviet Union. Now the benefits of strategic ambiguity have faded. It is time to recognize reality and help our Chinese partners do the same.

It's a mistake to think that economic integration prevents war. The United States will not willingly allow China to control East Asia. Taiwan allows China to control East Asia. China invading Taiwan therefore means war.

The United States is subjugating the emergence of China and fairly so because they are worried about China's influence and rise in the East. it has got nothing to do with economical integration although as of now both nations are interdependent.
The US will not allow another nation to come close to threaten her primacy either in Economy or Military.
The Japanese have experienced USA wrath in the 80s to 90s and their economy have stagnated, read Japan and USA trade war and friction.
As a client state of the USA the Japanese have no choice but to kneel. Their economy went into a downward spiral for the past 30 years and only getting back up recently.

And to be fairly honest if the US wants to trigger war in East Asia, they are welcomed to do so, all you need to do is to help Taiwan declare independence.
Lets see how many countries in the East including " Taiwan" will toe the US line.
All the fighting will be done here , the hot spots will be here. The majority of lives lost will be the Taiwanese, Chinese, Japanese and Koreans. It will be a replica of what you see in Ukraine.
Yes of course , you have around 28k troops in South Korea and around 32k Troops in Japan.

I really want to see how things goes if the US triggers it while their population is a few thousand miles away safe in their homes
We are Asians, we are not stupid.

This post was edited by Hamsterbaby on May 23 2022 11:31am
Gold: 0.00
May 23 2022 11:39am
whatever happens, I hope the MSM gets closer to China
wake people up, to the soceity that their complacency and trust in government is helping to build.
Gold: 0.88
May 23 2022 11:41am
so ww3 it is
May 23 2022 11:45am
Quote (WastedPenguinz @ 24 May 2022 01:39)
whatever happens, I hope the MSM gets closer to China
wake people up, to the soceity that their complacency and trust in government is helping to build.

People in China watch MSM all the time
They don't live in huts and hunt with spears and arrow.
They use VPNs.
And the MSM is not doing a good job convincing the people in China with all the shit they see.
Especially the amount of Black on Asian violence ever since the Covid pandemic started.
Gold: 145.00
May 23 2022 11:48am
for all the Chinese here losing their shit, I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Joe Biden owes his presidency to the Chinese government for unleashing corona to bring down Trump. He's just shit talking. Nothing is going to get done about China while Biden is pretending to be president.
May 23 2022 11:49am
Quote (Hamsterbaby @ May 23 2022 01:45pm)
People in China watch MSM all the time
They don't live in huts and hunt with spears and arrow.
They use VPNs.
And the MSM is not doing a good job convincing the people in China with all the shit they see.
Especially the amount of Black on Asian violence ever since the Covid pandemic started.

All 1.4 billion Chinese use VPN? Or just the ones you know who speak English?
May 23 2022 11:51am
Quote (Hamsterbaby @ May 23 2022 01:28pm)
The United States is subjugating the emergence of China and fairly so because they are worried about China's influence and rise in the East. it has got nothing to do with economical integration although as of now both nations are interdependent.
The US will not allow another nation to come close to threaten her primacy either in Economy or Military.
The Japanese have experienced USA wrath in the 80s to 90s and their economy have stagnated, read Japan and USA trade war and friction.
As a client state of the USA the Japanese have no choice but to kneel. Their economy went into a downward spiral for the past 30 years and only getting back up recently.

And to be fairly honest if the US wants to trigger war in East Asia, they are welcomed to do so, all you need to do is to help Taiwan declare independence.
Lets see how many countries in the East including " Taiwan" will toe the US line.
All the fighting will be done here , the hot spots will be here. The majority of lives lost will be the Taiwanese, Chinese, Japanese and Koreans. It will be a replica of what you see in Ukraine.
Yes of course , you have around 28k troops in South Korea and around 32k Troops in Japan.

I really want to see how things goes if the US triggers it while their population is a few thousand miles away safe in their homes
We are Asians, we are not stupid.

If there was a war today, the US would pulverize China like a cockroach. At least Russia has 5k nukes. What does China have? Nuttin.
Gold: 12,730.67
May 23 2022 11:53am
Quote (Goomshill @ May 23 2022 03:16am)
For anyone not versed in geopolitics: this is a colossal gaffe that guarantees a chinese reaction.
The US has had a policy of strategic ambiguity for decades, intending to defend taiwan but not saying it out loud so it wouldn't provoke or embarrass china

Joe biden just stepped on a fucking land mine, an easily avoided mess with China. And now its going to boil down to China's willingness to give him a pass with their understanding of what a feeble and inept old geezer he is
that's where we are as a country right now.

One day, you will be executed for treason against the United States.
May 23 2022 12:01pm
Quote (player11167 @ 24 May 2022 01:51)
If there was a war today, the US would pulverize China like a cockroach. At least Russia has 5k nukes. What does China have? Nuttin.

No they won't . Too much investment in China to use Nukes on China.
You think the lying commies only have 500 to 600 plus nukes?
Unlike the Russians and Yankees. Commies never sign and treaty preventing them from making new ones.

Quote (player11167 @ 24 May 2022 01:49)
All 1.4 billion Chinese use VPN? Or just the ones you know who speak English?

The cities of Shenzhen , Guangdong, Beijing and Shanghai have tons of people who are educated in English
And you realize Youtube have transalation ya?
Are you living in some sort of society that thinks the Chinese are using backwards technology that they don't know how to translate or have basic English knowledge?

I have met a lot of Chinese friends and partners around my age that speaks with a perfect American accent.
And I am from Singapore , my official language is English and they speak better than I do.

for all the Chinese here losing their shit, I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Joe Biden owes his presidency to the Chinese government for unleashing corona to bring down Trump. He's just shit talking. Nothing is going to get done about China while Biden is pretending to be president.

I call bull shit on this. The idea to bring down the Chinese started with Bill Clinton. Trump is detestable but he is someone that can be negotiated. And sad to say the Covid situation killed his second term off.
As a matter of fact , as detestable as he is with the Chinese, alot of Chinese in China actually liked him.
A lot of people were hoping he get a second term , because there are chances when it comes to mid second term, he would have solved alot of issue with the Chinese and business as usual.
That is not the case for Biden.

Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev13456714Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll