d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate >
Poll > Joe Biden Assures That The Us Will Defend Taiwan
Prev12345614Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 48,210.00
May 23 2022 09:06am
And for anyone reading this Thread

Taiwan is not a sovereign nation. It is extremely ambiguous.
I will place it closer to a North / South Korea situation at best , but even then it is not.

Taiwan is a core issue for for China

Taiwan is a peripheral issue for the USA.

Americans can calculate their risk and returns. At best they will send weapons to Taiwan to defend herself, but please take note the Taiwanese army is not like the Ukrainian forces.
The civilians in Ukraine can move quickly and freely to countries that are next to it.
How are the Americans and Japanese going to provide that sort of evacuation for the Taiwanese.

The Biden government is using Taiwan to antagonize China as much as possible.
They created Quad
Created AUKUS
And try to get the entire Asean to exclude China in Biden's most recent failed diplomatic relationship.
They are even thinking of including Japan and South Korea in a Nato + 2.
Well lets see what happens.
They are provoking war and using their European counterparts and allies as their meat shields and in the East using Japan, Korea and Taiwan.

We in Asia are really not that stupid to see all these.
May 23 2022 09:08am
Quote (PlasmaSnake101 @ 23 May 2022 23:02)
I don't understand the French. Is World War III, a shooting war between nuclear armed powers, really that appealing for you? I think it must be that whole obsession with sex and death that the French are always on about.

EDIT

Also not 100% on which side American corporations and the power elite would fall on in a war between China and America.

It is going to be very ginger issue.
You know how much the Chinese buy in terms of American products?
Nike, Apple products, American made cars, agricultural products etc etc
Gold: 633.87
May 23 2022 09:15am
Quote (Hamsterbaby @ May 23 2022 10:46am)
Its actually a sizable number.
Those that want maintain status quo belongs to the large majority.
Those that want " independence" are not more than those that want reunification.
But those that want reunification will slowly die out within the next 20 to 30 years because they are from the older generation.
At the same point of time does that want independence will not increase in a significant number as well.
You might get a chance to see those that want independence and might think it is a significant number, but that is what a lot of western media will show you.
When watching MSM, try to look in between the lines at what is reported.
A decent grasp of geo political issues will allow you to pierce through the fog of propaganda.

Opinion poll also means nothing when they are controlled by the DPP.

Opinion polling confirms what the electoral process shows is. The number identifying as Taiwanese has been rising for decades. The split is between those who want independence and those who want to maintain the status quo. The pro-unification contingent is tiny and falling. I mean, Taiwan is a more successful mainland China, and what's happened to Hong Kong is terrifying. The two system policy has failed.
May 23 2022 09:19am
Quote (Hamsterbaby @ May 23 2022 11:06am)
And for anyone reading this Thread

Taiwan is not a sovereign nation. It is extremely ambiguous.
I will place it closer to a North / South Korea situation at best , but even then it is not.

Taiwan is a core issue for for China

Taiwan is a peripheral issue for the USA.

Americans can calculate their risk and returns. At best they will send weapons to Taiwan to defend herself, but please take note the Taiwanese army is not like the Ukrainian forces.
The civilians in Ukraine can move quickly and freely to countries that are next to it.
How are the Americans and Japanese going to provide that sort of evacuation for the Taiwanese.

The Biden government is using Taiwan to antagonize China as much as possible.
They created Quad
Created AUKUS
And try to get the entire Asean to exclude China in Biden's most recent failed diplomatic relationship.
They are even thinking of including Japan and South Korea in a Nato + 2.
Well lets see what happens.
They are provoking war and using their European counterparts and allies as their meat shields and in the East using Japan, Korea and Taiwan.

We in Asia are really not that stupid to see all these.

Taiwan is sovereign in all but name. That's what we call a state that has its own army, collects its own taxes, and has its own independent form of government.

Taiwan is critical to the defence of the 1st island chain. It is critical to the defense of the Senkakus and Okinawa, which puts the security of Japan at risk. If Chinese belligerence creates a war over Taiwan, the United States will act to defend its core interests, and it will lead to the collapse of the mainland Chinese state.
May 23 2022 09:34am
Quote (bogie160 @ 23 May 2022 23:15)
Opinion polling confirms what the electoral process shows is. The number identifying as Taiwanese has been rising for decades. The split is between those who want independence and those who want to maintain the status quo. The pro-unification contingent is tiny and falling. I mean, Taiwan is a more successful mainland China, and what's happened to Hong Kong is terrifying. The two system policy has failed.

No Taiwan is not a more successful China than China in a way.

And Hong Kong.
I live in Hong Kong. I have been through 2014 / 2018 protest and everything that have happen.
So you might want to rethink about the statement you made in regards to Hong Kong.

I was on ground zero and I am one of the protestors that came out to protest in regards to the Extradition issue.
And I stay right next to Victoria Garden which is always where the protest starts.

This post was edited by Hamsterbaby on May 23 2022 09:35am
May 23 2022 09:54am
Quote (bogie160 @ 23 May 2022 23:19)
Taiwan is sovereign in all but name. That's what we call a state that has its own army, collects its own taxes, and has its own independent form of government.

Taiwan is critical to the defence of the 1st island chain. It is critical to the defense of the Senkakus and Okinawa, which puts the security of Japan at risk. If Chinese belligerence creates a war over Taiwan, the United States will act to defend its core interests, and it will lead to the collapse of the mainland Chinese state.

No Taiwan is not a Sovereign nation. The Americans and the World have all the time in the world to declare her as one when the KMT government is still governing Taiwan. But they didn't
The United Nations took Taiwan out from almost all major World Organization.
Taiwan, Japan, South Korea and the Philippines is a critical defense for the US not Japan. Please be clear of this.
USA is flipping now because China is reaching into the Pacific and her islands.

And no, it will not lead to the collapses of Mainland China, everyone is too interdependent with one another especially the US and China to have the other collapse.
Just as the United States have to act in her defense of her core interest so will the Chinese.
America is no longer the primacy she used to be anymore.

And that is also the reason why USA is so hard up doing what she is doing in Ukraine right now.
The proxy war with Russia have got almost nothing to do with Ukraine.
They are aiming for China. That is America's core issue at the moment.

And take note China is not Russia, they have time, and they have no problem appearing weak if they have too.
Gold: 2,094.99
May 23 2022 10:05am
Remember when the left cried about Trump for 4 years citing how we need a return to having adults in the room

*curb your enthusiasm music
May 23 2022 10:11am
Quote (IgoSoHard @ 24 May 2022 00:05)
Remember when the left cried about Trump for 4 years citing how we need a return to having adults in the room

*curb your enthusiasm music

Biden is a lot worst then trump in my opinion.
Trump is a detestable to the core, but he can somehow be negotiated with even though if the deal is a bad deal but you can still negotiate.

With Biden Administration , their Agenda is on a different level.
Gold: 124.00
May 23 2022 10:24am
If it's not just empty words, then Joe Biden ought to commit US troops to Taiwan like in Japan. Based on Russia's pathetic performance in Ukraine, nobody ought to be afraid of China beating the US. We can crush them into fine powder if they step out of line.
May 23 2022 10:39am
Quote (Hamsterbaby @ May 23 2022 11:34am)
No Taiwan is not a more successful China than China in a way.

And Hong Kong.
I live in Hong Kong. I have been through 2014 / 2018 protest and everything that have happen.
So you might want to rethink about the statement you made in regards to Hong Kong.

I was on ground zero and I am one of the protestors that came out to protest in regards to the Extradition issue.
And I stay right next to Victoria Garden which is always where the protest starts.

Richer, wealthier, a more stable government and a stronger, flourishing civil society. If the Nationalists had won the civil war we'd be much better off.

Taiwan is horrified by what is going on in Hong Kong. So are those of us who are familiar with the political, press, and court freedoms they used to enjoy. It is great that you live in Hong Kong, and I'm sure that that gives you a unique perspective, but no more unique than the Hong Kongers who are since fled, or those that stayed and are in prison as a result of falling on the wrong side of the CCP / democracy divide.

Quote (Hamsterbaby @ May 23 2022 11:54am)
No Taiwan is not a Sovereign nation. The Americans and the World have all the time in the world to declare her as one when the KMT government is still governing Taiwan. But they didn't
The United Nations took Taiwan out from almost all major World Organization.
Taiwan, Japan, South Korea and the Philippines is a critical defense for the US not Japan. Please be clear of this.
USA is flipping now because China is reaching into the Pacific and her islands.

And no, it will not lead to the collapses of Mainland China, everyone is too interdependent with one another especially the US and China to have the other collapse.
Just as the United States have to act in her defense of her core interest so will the Chinese.
America is no longer the primacy she used to be anymore.

And that is also the reason why USA is so hard up doing what she is doing in Ukraine right now.
The proxy war with Russia have got almost nothing to do with Ukraine.
They are aiming for China. That is America's core issue at the moment.

And take note China is not Russia, they have time, and they have no problem appearing weak if they have too.

Taiwan is sovereign by definition.

(of a nation or its affairs) acting or done independently and without outside interference.

It manages its domestic affairs independently, without outside interference. It behooved the United States to give China defacto recognition because of the need to split the Chinese and the Soviet Union. Now the benefits of strategic ambiguity have faded. It is time to recognize reality and help our Chinese partners do the same.

It's a mistake to think that economic integration prevents war. The United States will not willingly allow China to control East Asia. Taiwan allows China to control East Asia. China invading Taiwan therefore means war.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev12345614Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll