d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Russia / Ukraine
Prev1427942804281428242834299Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 98,921.50
May 6 2024 05:29am
Quote (Prox1m1ty @ May 6 2024 11:55am)
Yanukovych broke the commitment to join the EU against the wishes of 38 million people. That is what triggered Maidan.
An elected president having a dictatorial tendency under the pressure of another diactator Vladimir Putin.

Western leaders came to Kiev AFTER the fact. So stop lying an representing it otherwise. Liar.
I know you live in reality where a single strongman making decisions for millions of people is more comfortable for you.
But you are the exception to the rule.
Ukrainians actually had the balls to protest and even lose their lives for what they believed was the right path for Ukraine. Belarusians tried but failed. Georgians are trying. Russians didn't even try as a consequence of how complicit they are in suckling off the state at the behest of an autocratic dictator.

Read the room. The Moscow empire is crumbling. East Germany. Poland. Bulgaria. Hungary. Czech. Georgia. Azerbaijan. Armenia.
Ukraine.

They all left and they don't want back in. No matter how much it hurts your feelings.

Nowhere did I say that Western officials travelled to Kiev before the protests or after the protests (what you tried to peddle in your previous post)

Just stop this dishonest shit posting I literally posted the vid of McCain speaking to the protesters while Maidan was in full swing SMH

@bold So you understand that NATO expansion caused all these geo-political tensions, seems like the map I posted helped. You're getting there :thumbsup:

Quote (Santara @ May 6 2024 12:04pm)
100%

USaid Crimea poll 2013 asking the people in Crimea what kind of protests would be acceptable LMAO --> https://pdf.usaid.gov/pdf_docs/pnaec705.pdf

No one manipulated the Ukrainian people, not even the Euros who paid Ukraine's gas bills worth billions to Gazprom LMAO and dangling another juicy carrot in the form of the EU - Ukraine association Agreement

No Ukrainians were manipulated in this dirt poor shit hole where everyone is looking to fill their pockets, those big fat juicy carrots mean nothing, got it LOL

Gold: 11,571.00
May 6 2024 06:14am
Quote (Goomshill @ May 5 2024 07:04pm)
Did my needle swing the same direction when I was denouncing this as another stupid counterproductive halfmeasure before the invasion, saying Joe Biden should either avoid the conflict entirely or take a hard line and face off against Putin directly?
If Tucker Carlson does a hit piece on Israel reviving old christian blood libel tropes or whatever he was yammering about, do I dance to his tune?
But take the counterexample: If the third way neocons/neoliberals all agree on some dogmatic decree about foreign policy or macroeconomics, do you ever disagree with them?

The "Ukrainians" are not one people and don't share one desire. Whatever US/Russian involvement, they were clearly on the path to a bitter civil war without any foreign intervention. Ethnic Russians in the east do not share the values or priorities of the pro-Western West. And they don't care to be raped, tortured, murdered, or you know, burned alive in a trade union hall in odessa. And I remain the only true blooded American on PARD simply because I say I don't give a shit about them one way or the other. If this proxy war actually served our interests I'd have no problems with it, the fate of Ukrainian people is for Ukrainian people to worry about. And if the reasons I oppose the Ukraine war land on that Kissinger lodestar, maybe you should be the one asking yourself why you though this dumb war was going to turn out any better for us than Afghanistan, Iraq, Libya, Syria or Yemen did. I think I'm just pointing out a fact dancing naked in front of us with flashing neon arrows, and I'm truly baffled by anyone who can't recognize it, especially now at the 11th hour when we're clearly losing.

A "new government", what, is that something from Helldiver's managed democracy?
They overthrew a lawfully elected legitimate representative democracy government in a violent coup d'etat. Insurrectionists stormed the capitol and took power by force.
The people of Ukraine when it was one country held elections for their own self-determination- and they chose Yanukovych. The minority of western Ukraine overthrew that democracy.

I don't think its America's mantle of responsibility to defend the integrity of Ukrainian democracy or else I'd think we'd be obligated to restore Yanukovych to power and give Russia back its sphere of influence. But I also am not blind to our current CIA meddling and pretend we're roleplaying the jingoistic steroid juiced up patriotic messiah storyline that western propaganda is peddling. We helped overthrow a democracy and put an autocratic regime in power, in America we call this Tuesday.

You would think the guy that spent years and spilled more ink than all of us combined talking about how bad an insurrection that never happened was would have some logical consistency. A insurrection that literally had opposition political parties and media banned, that had opposition members burned and gunned down as they try to flee, and so on, he legitimately regards as a normal democratic outcome of the will of the people. Clown world.

I wasn't around during the cold war, but I feel like then there at least was some honesty. We opposed governments, we deposed governments (many of which were representative of their locals will) just because they were reds. There weren't these contrived logical knots. I mean this it textbook color revolution circa 1950s.

This post was edited by ofthevoid on May 6 2024 06:39am
Gold: 127,278.50
May 6 2024 01:46pm
The Russian economy on a war footing visualised

Gold: 8,933.00
May 6 2024 04:25pm
Quote (Djunior @ May 6 2024 06:29am)
USaid Crimea poll 2013 asking the people in Crimea what kind of protests would be acceptable LMAO --> https://pdf.usaid.gov/pdf_docs/pnaec705.pdf

No one manipulated the Ukrainian people, not even the Euros who paid Ukraine's gas bills worth billions to Gazprom LMAO and dangling another juicy carrot in the form of the EU - Ukraine association Agreement

No Ukrainians were manipulated in this dirt poor shit hole where everyone is looking to fill their pockets, those big fat juicy carrots mean nothing, got it LOL

Seems to me you're characterizing Crimean attitudes as representative of Ukrainian attitudes.

Here's something to note, even coming from the Russian-centric Crimean population:

...outright majorities that wished to be autonomous Ukrainian, not Russian.
Gold: 22,189.49
May 6 2024 11:32pm
Quote (Santara @ May 6 2024 05:25pm)
Seems to me you're characterizing Crimean attitudes as representative of Ukrainian attitudes.

Here's something to note, even coming from the Russian-centric Crimean population:

https://i.imgur.com/QrSLMaU.png

I think opinions probably changed after the Maidan. I'd imagine most ethnic russians in the separatist regions would still prefer autonomy even today, but were more receptive to Russia's embrace when the alternative was their civil war opponents. I mean its pretty much a given everyone in the world would prefer self determination as a united nation as opposed to being a vassal or second class citizen of some master absorbing you
Gold: 13.37
May 7 2024 12:12am
Quote (Goomshill @ 7 May 2024 08:32)
I think opinions probably changed after the Maidan. I'd imagine most ethnic russians in the separatist regions would still prefer autonomy even today, but were more receptive to Russia's embrace when the alternative was their civil war opponents. I mean its pretty much a given everyone in the world would prefer self determination as a united nation as opposed to being a vassal or second class citizen of some master absorbing you

Opinion "changed" after March, 17th 1995
May 7 2024 01:20am
Quote (Santara @ May 7 2024 12:25am)

https://i.imgur.com/QrSLMaU.png

Were Ukrainians manipulated yes or no. Clearly they were. Seems to me you're now moving goalposts but it doesn't even matter, even if all of Crimea wanted autonomy that's no reason for foreign powers to travel to Kiev @Maidan to cause more unrest

The fact remains that Crimea was given to Ukraine by Khrushchev in 1954 to celebrate 300 years of relations which is why so many Russians still live there and the Russians have their naval base in Sevastopol. Anyone with a brain would realize the Russians are not going to hand Crimea over to NATO

May 7 2024 01:21am
Quote (Prox1m1ty @ May 6 2024 09:46pm)
The Russian economy on a war footing visualised

https://i.imgur.com/lRhZVDW.mp4

UK economy visualized --> https://commodity.com/data/uk/debt-clock/

123%/10

Really nice
Gold: 20,179.29
May 7 2024 02:41am
You guys talk about the past too much. The war has already broken out. Fast forward to the present day, Macron and Brits supplied Ukraine with long range missiles to hit targets within Russia. There is apparently a plan to hit Crimea on may, 9th. Russia is threatening with tactical nukes. Nato is considering to send troops to Ukraine if they keep losing ground..

WW3 at the doors, just missing the assault on Taiwan.

This post was edited by babun1024 on May 7 2024 02:42am
Gold: 8,933.00
May 7 2024 03:50am
Quote (Goomshill @ May 7 2024 12:32am)

Puerto Rico voted to join the US as the 51st state.

If Crimea was autonomous under one Kyiv regime, why wouldn't they remain autonomous under the next?

Quote (Djunior @ May 7 2024 02:20am)
Were Ukrainians manipulated yes or no. Clearly they were. Seems to me you're now moving goalposts but it doesn't even matter, even if all of Crimea wanted autonomy that's no reason for foreign powers to travel to Kiev @Maidan to cause more unrest

The fact remains that Crimea was given to Ukraine by Khrushchev in 1954 to celebrate 300 years of relations which is why so many Russians still live there and the Russians have their naval base in Sevastopol. Anyone with a brain would realize the Russians are not going to hand Crimea over to NATO

In the same sense that Americans have been manipulated by Russian troll farms. The troll farms didn't make Americans DO anything, but their influence is undeniable. Same in Ukraine. No one was MADE to protest the corruption inherent in the Ukrainian polity, but it helped.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1427942804281428242834299Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll