d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Russia / Ukraine
Prev1290729082909291029114294Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 42,135.19
Warn: 10%
Jun 4 2023 08:56am
Quote (Djunior @ Jun 4 2023 03:40pm)
So you're saying that Russia must except that they're gonna lose Sevastopol and Ukraine is going to be a NATO member. Good plan dude, will definitely work /s

To my mind Ukraine in Nato is a complete non-runner for Russia. I firmly believe that Russia will never return the land that they stole and the borders dictated last year will now be extended (this means Russia will claim more land off Ukraine).
To my mind the Ukrainian government will not negotiate with Russia unless forced to do so by a US withdrawal which is also very unlikely to occur.

There is no alternative narrative in western main stream media which suggests peace in Ukraine (without pre-conditions). Instead it is a case of with us or against us, or peace on our terms (when your losing you dont set the terms unfortunately). This comes across as very naive / self righteous / ego driven at the expensive of normal Ukrainians. I see no end in sight other then the complete collapse of the Ukrainian army. Ultimately for Russia to be successful they will need to mobilize more men, and move on Kyiv. I dont see a move on Kyiv this year so the war will drag on to next year and beyond.

there is no way that the US will countenance a Chinese cease fire in Ukraine, or anyone's ceasefire. They dictate the terms, they will not be dictated to.

This post was edited by ferdia on Jun 4 2023 08:59am
Gold: 98,921.50
Jun 4 2023 08:58am
Quote (NetflixAdaptationWidow @ Jun 4 2023 04:55pm)
Like I said, it's on them. They are in the weaker position so it would be in their best interest to shut the fuck up and make concessions.

But if they don't want to that's fine. It's a fraction of our budget to keep supporting Ukraine, and Ukraine is still able and willing to fight.

Ultimately it's between Russia and Ukraine. We aren't demanding Ukraine concedes anything or keeps going. Just giving Ukraine a better footing.

Only because the debt ceiling was raided once again. This kind of senseless spending is complete madness and is going to dramatically backfire at some point in time

Try to justify spending on Vietnam / Afghanistan / Iraq and so on, I'll wait...
Gold: 48,264.00
Jun 4 2023 08:59am
Quote (ferdia @ 4 Jun 2023 22:56)
To my mind Ukraine in Nato is a complete non-runner for Russia. I firmly believe that Russia will never return the land that they stole and the borders dictated last year will now be extended (this means Russia will claim more land off Ukraine).
To my mind the Ukrainian government will not negotiate with Russia unless forced to do so by a US withdrawal which is also very unlikely to occur.

There is no alternative narrative in western main stream media which suggests peace in Ukraine (without pre-conditions). Instead it is a case of with us or against us. This comes across as very naive / self righteous / ego driven at the expensive of normal Ukrainians. I see no end in sight other then the complete collapse of the Ukrainian army. Ultimately for Russia to be successful they will need to mobilize more men, and move on Kyiv. I dont see a move on Kyiv this year so the war will drag on to next year and beyond.

^hamsterbaby there is no way that the US will countenance a Chinese cease fire in Ukraine.

Anything is possible, but it is a very extremely small chance of happening.
You need to see how the US elections is going to unfold.
And how EU is going to react further down the road.

Even Ukraine Ceasefire and joining NATO is possible in some sense although I said it is not at the moment. ( At what cost? )
Jun 4 2023 08:59am
Quote (Djunior @ Jun 4 2023 03:58pm)
Only because the debt ceiling was raided once again. This kind of senseless spending is complete madness and is going to dramatically backfire at some point in time

its only money?

Quote (Hamsterbaby @ Jun 4 2023 03:59pm)
Anything is possible, but it is a very extremely small chance of happening.
You need to see how the US elections is going to unfold.
And how EU is going to react further down the road.

Even Ukraine Ceasefire and joining NATO is possible in some sense although I said it is not at the moment. ( At what cost? )

well you know my view on Donald Trumps chances on entering the White House. everyone else wants to continue the war. so really, US elections are irrelevant (the US will not back down).

This post was edited by ferdia on Jun 4 2023 09:00am
Gold: 260.11
Jun 4 2023 09:00am
Quote (Djunior @ Jun 4 2023 09:58am)

Oh I won't try to justify those wars. Those were bad wars that I was actively against at every stage. Except Vietnam which I wasn't alive for.

See, you gotta look at these things and assess them individually. We can see Vietnam, Afghanistan, and Iraq and see that they were wrong, but that doesn't mean all actions we do are wrong.

Sometimes we defend a sovereign nation being invaded by another nation for unjust reasons, and when we do that it's good.

Which is what's happening now.

This post was edited by NetflixAdaptationWidow on Jun 4 2023 09:01am
Jun 4 2023 09:00am
Quote (ferdia @ Jun 4 2023 04:56pm)

There is no alternative narrative in western main stream media which suggests peace in Ukraine (without pre-conditions). Instead it is a case of with us or against us. This comes across as very naive / self righteous / ego driven at the expensive of normal Ukrainians. I see no end in sight other then the complete collapse of the Ukrainian army. Ultimately for Russia to be successful they will need to mobilize more men, and move on Kyiv. I dont see a move on Kyiv this year so the war will drag on to next year and beyond.

^hamsterbaby there is no way that the US will countenance a Chinese cease fire in Ukraine, or anyone's ceasefire. They dictate the terms, they will not be dictated to.

Bolded

My guess is that's going to happen (full mobilization)

Gold: 127,293.50
Jun 4 2023 09:02am
You guys have heard of the crusades right? Those totally happened. This completely justifies Russia war of aggression.

Russia's war of aggression is completely justified. Supporting Ukraine to defend itself is completely unacceptable.

A post :bonk:
Jun 4 2023 09:04am
Quote (NetflixAdaptationWidow @ Jun 4 2023 05:00pm)
Oh I won't try to justify those wars. Those were bad wars that I was actively against at every stage. Except Vietnam which I wasn't alive for.

See, you gotta look at these things and assess them individually. We can see Vietnam, Afghanistan, and Iraq

So, according to you those Western policies were bad but Western Ukraine policies are good?
Jun 4 2023 09:05am
Quote (Prox1m1ty @ Jun 4 2023 05:02pm)
You guys have heard of the crusades right? Those totally happened. This completely justifies Russia war of aggression.

Russia's war of aggression is completely justified. Supporting Ukraine to defend itself is completely unacceptable.

A ^djunior post :bonk:

Failed to quote me, second time

Still didn't answer the question. Better to prevent the war yes or no
Jun 4 2023 09:06am
and you will both be happy to know you are both now blocked. forever.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1290729082909291029114294Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll