d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Movies & TV Shows > The Official Wheel Of Time Tv Show Thread
Prev1234568Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 6,376.70
Nov 27 2021 11:52pm
Quote (Blah58 @ 26 Nov 2021 16:40)
The first like 90% of episode 4 was going so well until they fucking ruined it like they can't help but do.

Eh. They had to figure out some way to express both the power of Nynaeve (remember that she was considerably stronger than any Aes Sedai currently in the tower) while also exemplifying she couldn't use the power without being angry.

Overall, it was a relatively solid showing, even if the Logain interaction is pure invention.
Gold: 10,025.00
Nov 28 2021 05:54am
Quote (InsaneBobb @ 27 Nov 2021 22:52)
Eh. They had to figure out some way to express both the power of Nynaeve (remember that she was considerably stronger than any Aes Sedai currently in the tower) while also exemplifying she couldn't use the power without being angry.

Overall, it was a relatively solid showing, even if the Logain interaction is pure invention.

Except why didn't logain just kill her as well? How did he see her power? It's established that men and women cant see eachothers weaves. It was an asinine scene that will just serve to make her future character development harder/more idiotic. Her entire thing is her subtle use of the power to add healing to her natural skills and completely refusing to admit she can use the power. Basically her entire character arc in the books has been completely destroyed with this one scene.

Plus the established idea in storytelling that the more you harm your charters and bring them back from the brink of death the less interesting and tense the story becomes.
Gold: 6,376.70
Nov 28 2021 06:33am
Quote (Blah58 @ 28 Nov 2021 03:54)
Except why didn't logain just kill her as well? How did he see her power? It's established that men and women cant see eachothers weaves. It was an asinine scene that will just serve to make her future character development harder/more idiotic. Her entire thing is her subtle use of the power to add healing to her natural skills and completely refusing to admit she can use the power. Basically her entire character arc in the books has been completely destroyed with this one scene.

Plus the established idea in storytelling that the more you harm your charters and bring them back from the brink of death the less interesting and tense the story becomes.

It fits in with how the power is being displayed in the show. How would you "see" the weaves of air that ripped apart the trollocs in the first episode? Answer: You couldn't. It's a flashy magic look that apparently is visible to all.

On the one side, it's somewhat nonsensical, as are all the movements and motions. On the flipside, it's also tv, not a book, and the assumption is that there's a considerable portion of the audience who isn't familiar with the books.

She used a shit ton of power to heal multiple people and glowed like a small sun. It was visible. He saw it. What's the issue? As for him not killing her... Why would he? She offered him no harm. He didn't even kill the King of Ghealdan, who did offer him harm.

Right from the start you've been very negative about the show because it's not a direct port. Nobody expected it to be. It's an adaptation meant to appeal to an audience greater than that merely of the books. If you're going to be so closeminded to that fact, why do you bother to continue to watch it?

My advise to you is stop wasting both your time and everyone else's watching or commenting on the show. Given you refuse to judge the show based solely on the quality of the show itself, but instead insist on comparing it to books that it will never match, it's the same old tired nonsense every "purest" has had about every movie and show adapted from a book ever created.

This post was edited by InsaneBobb on Nov 28 2021 06:35am
Nov 28 2021 02:35pm
Quote (InsaneBobb @ 28 Nov 2021 05:33)
It fits in with how the power is being displayed in the show. How would you "see" the weaves of air that ripped apart the trollocs in the first episode? Answer: You couldn't. It's a flashy magic look that apparently is visible to all.

On the one side, it's somewhat nonsensical, as are all the movements and motions. On the flipside, it's also tv, not a book, and the assumption is that there's a considerable portion of the audience who isn't familiar with the books.

She used a shit ton of power to heal multiple people and glowed like a small sun. It was visible. He saw it. What's the issue? As for him not killing her... Why would he? She offered him no harm. He didn't even kill the King of Ghealdan, who did offer him harm.

Right from the start you've been very negative about the show because it's not a direct port. Nobody expected it to be. It's an adaptation meant to appeal to an audience greater than that merely of the books. If you're going to be so closeminded to that fact, why do you bother to continue to watch it?

My advise to you is stop wasting both your time and everyone else's watching or commenting on the show. Given you refuse to judge the show based solely on the quality of the show itself, but instead insist on comparing it to books that it will never match, it's the same old tired nonsense every "purest" has had about every movie and show adapted from a book ever created.

Sorry but pointing out plot holes is judging the show based on the show. Just because you're some Amazon shill doesn't mean that plot holes aren't plot holes. It doesn't mean that bad writing isn't bad writing.

This post was edited by Blah58 on Nov 28 2021 02:35pm
Gold: 9,593.00
Nov 30 2021 03:25pm
Gay warders and casting every race for PC ruined it for me. It’s a shame Bc I love the books.
Dec 1 2021 05:32pm
Amazon created 4 animated shorts to try and explain the story. What an extremely strange way to admit that the showrunner is complete garbage and fucked up the story. :lol:
Dec 3 2021 02:23am
Episode 5 is actually the worst one yet. I had some hope after episode 4 but holy shit. Literally everything they did in the entire episode was garbage.

Moraine and Mat are the only actors who actually understand their characters, they are carrying the entire production but it's just way too heavy of a load.

I've always wondered why actors take roles that they clearly aren't a good fit for, why directors take projects they aren't passionate about, why writers create scripts without understanding what they are writing. It's like does no one in Hollywood have any backbone whatsoever? This show actually exemplifies that idea so perfectly.

Like I get that people need work, need to make money, need their big break.. but Daniel Henney has had a lot of big successful projects. He is a multi-millionaire. He didn't need to take this job and absolutely fucking annihilate the character he is playing.
Gold: 99,201.55
Dec 3 2021 05:03pm
wow, they cut/change soo much from book one. I like to see how they gonna wrap this up, a lot of pissed book reader here lol.
Gold: 431.69
Dec 5 2021 02:26pm
Quote (Blah58 @ Dec 1 2021 03:32pm)
Amazon created 4 animated shorts to try and explain the story. What an extremely strange way to admit that the showrunner is complete garbage and fucked up the story. :lol:

Quote (Blah58 @ Dec 3 2021 12:23am)
Episode 5 is actually the worst one yet. I had some hope after episode 4 but holy shit. Literally everything they did in the entire episode was garbage.

Moraine and Mat are the only actors who actually understand their characters, they are carrying the entire production but it's just way too heavy of a load.

I've always wondered why actors take roles that they clearly aren't a good fit for, why directors take projects they aren't passionate about, why writers create scripts without understanding what they are writing. It's like does no one in Hollywood have any backbone whatsoever? This show actually exemplifies that idea so perfectly.

Like I get that people need work, need to make money, need their big break.. but Daniel Henney has had a lot of big successful projects. He is a multi-millionaire. He didn't need to take this job and absolutely fucking annihilate the character he is playing.

I love how mad you get over this show.

Dec 5 2021 06:34pm
Quote (Nitrix @ 5 Dec 2021 13:26)
I love how mad you get over this show.

It's always the people who beat/abuse their wives/children/pets over American football, or some other equally shitty sport, who say stuff like this. :lol:
Go Back To Movies & TV Shows Topic List
Prev1234568Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll