d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Official Jan 6 Committee Thread
Prev16667686970225Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 57.00
Sep 15 2021 05:12pm
Quote (thundercock @ 15 Sep 2021 19:00)
It's not just them, it's Foxnews and other organizations. What's particularly interesting is that this back channel was authorized by Sec Def Esper and the first call occurred in October. Acting Sec Def (Esper resigned after the election) said he did not authorize such things but his underlings are saying that they gave him the information and that he was briefed. Milley is set to testify in late September so I imagine he's going to get grilled and there will be subpoenas. It would not surprise me if the Acting Sec Def was just on cruise control during the lame duck period and just didn't read his briefings.

This is all the info I could find on the top Chinese General: https://disney.fandom.com/wiki/General_Li

So they made a call to China behind the administration’s back 5 days before the election telling them they would “warn” the Chinese military of ANY and ALL potential and actual US military moves? Why would Milley contact an adversary of us and our allies, offering them aid and comfort in exchange for nothing, before a Presidential election, or have any concerns with “nuclear codes” long before the result was announced?

Unless of course it was about “fortifying” the election
Gold: 2,955.95
Warn: 10%
Sep 15 2021 05:16pm
so general millie and the rest of the slave muzzled are chicom shills like people been saying?

but its the trumpler dumplers jan 6th that committed treason? so say the slave muzzled chicom shills
Gold: 2,955.95
Warn: 10%
Sep 16 2021 11:31am
lol leftie frauds larping again
Authoritarians Fence off the Capitol, Paranoid About Activists Supporting the Rights of the Accused
https://www.bitchute.com/video/1faJM6miznzt/
Gold: 2,489.69
Sep 16 2021 11:35am
Quote (excellence @ Sep 15 2021 06:12pm)
So they made a call to China behind the administration’s back 5 days before the election telling them they would “warn” the Chinese military of ANY and ALL potential and actual US military moves? Why would Milley contact an adversary of us and our allies, offering them aid and comfort in exchange for nothing, before a Presidential election, or have any concerns with “nuclear codes” long before the result was announced?

Unless of course it was about “fortifying” the election

categorizing china as an adversary isnt really accurate. Trump both tried to reign them in while also not really doing much to force their hand. and yet his pitiful attacks were 10x more than any other potus has done to date.

china is the enemy we all fear, we all know is growing in strength, and we all know has aims to replace us as world leader. and yet diplomatically they're an ally, not because of the geopolitical neutrality, but because of their economic importance to the world.

i dont support Milley's action, it just reeks of Flynn's actions which he paid dearly for.
Gold: 12,730.67
Sep 16 2021 12:57pm
Quote (thesnipa @ Sep 16 2021 10:35am)
categorizing china as an adversary isnt really accurate. Trump both tried to reign them in while also not really doing much to force their hand. and yet his pitiful attacks were 10x more than any other potus has done to date.

china is the enemy we all fear, we all know is growing in strength, and we all know has aims to replace us as world leader. and yet diplomatically they're an ally, not because of the geopolitical neutrality, but because of their economic importance to the world.

i dont support Milley's action, it just reeks of Flynn's actions which he paid dearly for.

Who was President when Flynn did his back-channeling? Obama.
Who gave the order to create a back-channel? Milley's boss, the Secretary of Defense.

That's...kind of a big difference, don't you think?
Sep 16 2021 01:10pm
Quote (thundercock @ Sep 16 2021 01:57pm)
Who gave the order to create a back-channel? Milley's boss, the Secretary of Defense.

yes, any official in office's actions compared to any incoming official not yet in office aren't a 1:1 comparison.

Flynn's actions were worse in a sense, but also were basically just preemptive as if he waited a week or month like any smart person would he'd have been fine.

Milley's actions trouble me only for the reason that they set a precedent, that some day may lead to more back channel talk. but i detest the power of the executive branch so im not too up in arms about it. i still tend to roll my eyes at the idea of trump starting a war with china in the lame duck period of his presidency with a 2024 run still on the horizon.
Sep 16 2021 01:25pm
Quote (thesnipa @ Sep 16 2021 12:10pm)
yes, any official in office's actions compared to any incoming official not yet in office aren't a 1:1 comparison.

Flynn's actions were worse in a sense, but also were basically just preemptive as if he waited a week or month like any smart person would he'd have been fine.

Milley's actions trouble me only for the reason that they set a precedent, that some day may lead to more back channel talk. but i detest the power of the executive branch so im not too up in arms about it. i still tend to roll my eyes at the idea of trump starting a war with china in the lame duck period of his presidency with a 2024 run still on the horizon.

To me, the unsettling thing is that everyone seemed to be on the same page in October (Esper ordered it to be set up and you had members of the State Dept on the calls and the transcripts were sent to the IC) but then during January, the Acting Sec Def had no idea the channel even existed. Either dozens of officials are lying, the former Acting Sec Def is lying, or the former Acting Sec Def was really incompetent.
Gold: 57.00
Sep 16 2021 01:26pm
Quote (thesnipa @ 16 Sep 2021 13:35)

theyre an adversarial force for most of the world. rest of your post i agree with

Flynn called to say hey the new admin is going to do X regarding diplomacy. Foolish in terms of timing. Hardly the same as “we will let you in on our military operations”

Quote (thundercock @ 16 Sep 2021 14:57)

A lame duck on his way out Obama is your defense for the military leadership telling Chinese military officials they would be informed on ANY military movements?

it’s funny the many warmongers in our nation (not you) pretending to use anti-war rhetoric to justify shit like “we were worried about Trump unilaterally nuking China (he doesnt just get to push a button like in Starcraft) so we told China we’d let them know all our military strategy”
Sep 16 2021 01:30pm
Quote (thundercock @ Sep 16 2021 02:25pm)
To me, the unsettling thing is that everyone seemed to be on the same page in October (Esper ordered it to be set up and you had members of the State Dept on the calls and the transcripts were sent to the IC) but then during January, the Acting Sec Def had no idea the channel even existed. Either dozens of officials are lying, the former Acting Sec Def is lying, or the former Acting Sec Def was really incompetent.

it for sure reads like a cold war event, clearly stinks then no one knows after its all done.

Sep 16 2021 01:37pm
Quote (excellence @ Sep 16 2021 12:26pm)

A lame duck on his way out Obama is your defense for the military leadership telling Chinese military officials they would be informed on ANY military movements?

it’s funny the many warmongers in our nation (not you) pretending to use anti-war rhetoric to justify shit like “we were worried about Trump unilaterally nuking China (he doesnt just get to push a button like in Starcraft) so we told China we’d let them know all our military strategy”

I think Flynn would have been fine if he was on the same page as the Obama administration and had informed more people. Didn't he lie to Pence about it? I just don't think the comparison is a good one. I think we can discuss the merits/faults of Milley's actions on their own. Was it right for Esper to create the back-channel in the first place? Was it right for Milley to even use it? Was the content highly inappropriate?

Personally, now that we have more info, I think the back-channel and the use of it is appropriate. What is highly questionable to me is the statement along the lines of, "if we were going to attack, we'd tell you in advance." I've read that it's something you do as a common courtesy these days (likely due to MADD), but that seems very strange to me. Maybe we're reading too much into it, but on the 28th, I'm sure we're going to hear A LOT about it (Senate testimony).
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev16667686970225Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll