d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Official Jan 6 Committee Thread
Prev16465666768225Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 4,400.67
Sep 14 2021 07:33pm
Quote (thundercock @ 15 Sep 2021 02:20)
Under the Constitution? No. Practically speaking? Probably. It really depends on the situation. If a President decided to unilaterally strike Russia with nuclear weapons, I think that would warrant an override.

Stopping a crazed president from starting a war for no good reason is one thing. But stabbing your sitting commander-in-chief in the back by conspiring with his domestic political rivals is an entirely different beast.

A general intervening on questions of war and peace might be justifiable under extraordinary circumstances, but there is no acceptable justification for taking sides on questions of domestic politics. That's a red line that imho must not be crossed under any circumstances. All hell would break loose if we go down this path. Among other things, it could rip apart the military itself, considering the widening gap in ideology and worldview between the increasingly Dem-leaning generals and the still very conservative grunts.
Gold: 14,569.69
Sep 14 2021 07:43pm
Quote (Black XistenZ @ Sep 14 2021 04:58pm)
It basically boils down to this: does the presence of a rogue president justify a general to go rogue in return?

In this case I say yes.
Are we done talking about trump being stable yet?
The guy was a national disaster. I expected more up front and honest resistance from the US military but what we got was shady back alley shit
Better than leaving trump in charge obviously in their mind also
Gold: 7,526.30
Sep 14 2021 07:50pm
Court Martial --> Dishonorable discharge is the moderate position
Sep 14 2021 07:52pm
Quote (cambovenzi @ Sep 14 2021 06:50pm)
Court Martial --> Dishonorable discharge is the moderate position

Don’t disagree
Gold: 57.00
Sep 14 2021 07:56pm
Quote (thundercock @ 14 Sep 2021 20:20)
I agree that the precedent is extraordinarily dangerous. Unfortunately, Republicans have no interest in investigating this at the Congressional level and I'm not even convinced that they have the authority to really dig into some of the things. I think I'd feel way more comfortable if Pence & Esper was involved in someway. If this was a unilateral decision without support of the other Chiefs, then dismissal is absolutely warranted. What mechanisms can we use to ensure that this sort of thing doesn't happen again? I'm getting really annoyed that the only way to get information are leaks filtered through journalists.

Under the Constitution? No. Practically speaking? Probably. It really depends on the situation. If a President decided to unilaterally strike Russia with nuclear weapons, I think that would warrant an override.

investigation into what? why apparently every security apparatus in the US knew there’d be an event on Jan 6 and then decided to do absolutely nothing in regards to security?

Quote (bogie160 @ 14 Sep 2021 19:57)
Rubio may be a shill with small hands, but he sums up the situation accurately.

I can't think of a situation where it's acceptable for Milley to decide that he is in charge of American foreign policy, and not the lawfully elected head of the United States Armed Forces. I'm going to give Milley the benefit of the doubt, and assume that he simply lost his head in a chaotic situation, but at the very least he should resign.

why would we give the top military officer who lost in Afghanistan and focuses his time on studying “white rage” rather than military strategy the benefit of anything?

resign? Benedict Arnold and Bowe Berghdal think this guy is a traitor!!!
Gold: 4,400.67
Sep 14 2021 08:30pm
Quote (theCrossbones @ 15 Sep 2021 03:43)
In this case I say yes.
Are we done talking about trump being stable yet?
The guy was a national disaster. I expected more up front and honest resistance from the US military but what we got was shady back alley shit
Better than leaving trump in charge obviously in their mind also

When you say "in this case yes", are you referring to Milley soothing the Chinese who apparently had bad intel that made them nervous? Or does this also include Milley promising to the enemy that he would leak critical info to them in case of a war, effectively dooming his own country's (hypothetical) war efforts? And what about him conspiring with Pelosi to strip Trump of the powers given to him by the American voters, without having any constitutional right or democratic legitimization for such a step? Does that fly with you, all because "orange man crazy"?

This post was edited by Black XistenZ on Sep 14 2021 08:31pm
Gold: 2,955.95
Warn: 10%
Sep 14 2021 08:32pm
Quote (Black XistenZ @ Sep 14 2021 07:30pm)
When you say "in this case yes", are you referring to Milley soothing the Chinese who apparently had bad intel that made them nervous? Or does this also include Milley promising to the enemy that he would leak critical info to them in case of a war, effectively dooming his own country's (hypothetical) war efforts? And what about him conspiring with Pelosi to strip Trump of the powers given to him by the American voters, without having any constitutional right or democratic legitimization for such a step? Does that fly with you, all because "orange man crazy"?

general millie sports the slave muzzle he is a tool and does what hes told
Gold: 12,730.67
Sep 14 2021 08:49pm
Quote (excellence @ Sep 14 2021 06:56pm)
investigation into what? why apparently every security apparatus in the US knew there’d be an event on Jan 6 and then decided to do absolutely nothing in regards to security?

If you don't think we should investigate communications in the West Wing, the Joint Chiefs, etc. you're out of your damned mind! Did Milley act alone? Why did so many members of his Cabinet resign abruptly? It's imperative to see HOW the President was undermined too you know. None of that shit is going to be investigated by the FBI either b/c it's way outside their jurisdiction. I just can't believe that more people don't want to know this information.

Quote (Black XistenZ @ Sep 14 2021 06:33pm)
Stopping a crazed president from starting a war for no good reason is one thing. But stabbing your sitting commander-in-chief in the back by conspiring with his domestic political rivals is an entirely different beast.

A general intervening on questions of war and peace might be justifiable under extraordinary circumstances, but there is no acceptable justification for taking sides on questions of domestic politics. That's a red line that imho must not be crossed under any circumstances. All hell would break loose if we go down this path. Among other things, it could rip apart the military itself, considering the widening gap in ideology and worldview between the increasingly Dem-leaning generals and the still very conservative grunts.

lol @ "conspiring with domestic political rivals." Ensuring the stability of the country is kind the part you're missing here. Congress has a right to be a check on the Executive branch and Milley was also in contact with McConnell. But I'm sure you'd classify McConnell as a "deep state political rival who is just angry that Trump took his party away."
Sep 14 2021 08:59pm
Quote (Black XistenZ @ Sep 14 2021 07:30pm)

If the orange man was going to start some bat shit crazy conflict with the CCP for no reason. Again more reasons that loser should of never been in office “orange man bad” is a poor take on the worst pres in US history
Gold: 57.00
Sep 14 2021 09:04pm
Quote (thundercock @ 14 Sep 2021 22:49)
If you don't think we should investigate communications in the West Wing, the Joint Chiefs, etc. you're out of your damned mind! Did Milley act alone? Why did so many members of his Cabinet resign abruptly? It's imperative to see HOW the President was undermined too you know. None of that shit is going to be investigated by the FBI either b/c it's way outside their jurisdiction. I just can't believe that more people don't want to know this information.

did i say we shouldn’t? where will this investigation lead? will they throw anti-Trump forces under the bus for failing to provide reasonable security for an event they all knew had a significant chance of happening?

https://apnews.com/article/capitol-police-reject-federal-help-9c39a4ddef0ab60a48828a07e4d03380

https://www.npr.org/2021/01/11/955548910/ex-capitol-police-chief-rebuffs-claims-national-guard-was-never-called-during-ri

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-01-26/capitol-officials-blocked-request-for-national-guard-before-riot

The swamp coalesced around itself. How the President was undermined?!?!?! lol!!! he got impeached because some dual-citizen pale pasty foolish bureaucrat didnt like a phone call regarding negotiations with his homeland. Meanwhile Ukraine is getting stonewalled left and right by the current administration. Miley made calls to our ENEMIES saying he would tip them off if we decided to take ANY military action. Do we really need an investigation that wont tell us what we already know?

they all resigned because the term was basically over. this isn’t uncommon when the administration changes hands. Obama even demanded it in 2016!! https://www.politico.com/story/2016/11/obama-loyalists-transition-230751
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev16465666768225Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll